Everybody Loves SAM Gear Threads.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Everybody loves SAM gear threads.
Everybody loves SAM gear threads.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Siren.Clinpachi
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-06-05 01:40:43  
I know i know, and especially coming from me. But before i get into what i wanted to say let me say the journey to Maat's cap and soon all 75's has been an utter curse on my in-game life in the long haul.

My favorite job of them all is obviously Samurai but because of the past endeavors spanning over 2 years i have lost all focus and have been unable to play SAM. This sadly includes my knowledge of SAM and what i used to know.

I have recently auctioned off all my other jobs gear with the intention of only SAM going to 99 so that i may finally focus and rest in peace. I know you probably say to yourself "Yeah sure you'll do them all to 99 too" but honestly that ship has sailed (lol Navy pun!). I am well aware that there is a possibility that many of the pieces of gear listed below may become obsolete but i want to know for this time in 2010 what i should change/fix in these sets.

I am out of shape/practice and rusty as all *** on what I'm suppose to do gear wise but believe that the skill is still there.

On we go!

Samurai TP gear when ACC is capped

Samurai TP gear when ACC is NOT capped

Samurai TP gear for Polearm

Samurai WS gear for Great Katana

Samurai WS gear for Polearm

Samurai PDT Gear

It's understanding and unfortunate that some of the above choices may or may not be fully right. I have been piecing these together not only by my own collective thought but by common sets listed on FFXIAH.

The polearm set i may have confused a little bit becuase some people have insanely attack+ builds.

In either case it's an honest request for honest feedback, i know many people will probably put:

But i searched through all the other posts only to find flames and random derails that in no way helps (Which i admit is probably where some people may drag this off to and if so kudos to you basement dweller).

In either case thanks for the time in reading/bothering and i look forward to constructive thoughts and swaps for pieces of gear.

Oh and green dots represent gear i already have/obtained and red dots are gear i still need to buy/obtain.

Thanks
-Clinpachi

EDIT: inb4tldr
EDIT2: image fixed on "oh look this thread again"
[+]
 Phoenix.Huwhuddep
サーバ: Phoenix
user: huw
By Phoenix.Huwhuddep 2010-06-05 01:49:41  
It's minimal but you could swap out askar boots for rutters on your GK WS.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-06-05 01:51:04  
How i missed the attack+5 on rutters is beyond me, lol thanks.
 Phoenix.Huwhuddep
By Phoenix.Huwhuddep 2010-06-05 01:53:23  
haha that happens a lot.

It seems like you have put a good amount of work into your sets, and off the top of my head I cant think of any other changes.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-06-05 01:55:23  
I think the polearm build needs a second check by people such as tiger/vegetto. I see in his that he lists a lot of attack gear but he doesn't specify if it's WS or TP.

I feel there is some error there. I want to get as on par as you can without using usukane body or full usu.

Usukane feet onry.

EDIT: OR if you can tell me why or list the reasons people tend to use USU body + USU feet with other mixed gear.

I'm interested to know in full what's up with that combo as well if anyone can explain it properly.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-06-05 02:10:50  
Shameless bump with samurai joke
Quote:
Back in the time of the Samurai there was a powerful emperor who needed a new head Samurai so he sent out a declaration throughout the country that he was searching for one. A year passed and only 3 people showed up.

The emperor asked the first Samurai to come in and demonstrate why he should be head Samurai.

The first Samurai opened a match box and out pops a little fly. Whoosh goes his sword and the fly drops dead on the ground in 2 pieces.

The emperor exclaimed, "That is very impressive!"

The emperor then asked the second Samurai to come in and demonstrate. The second Samurai also opened a match box and out pops a fly. Whoosh whoosh goes his sword. The fly drops dead on the ground in 4 pieces.

The emperor exclaimed, "That is really very impressive!"

The emperor then had the third Samurai demonstrate why he should be the head Samurai. The third Samurai also opened a match box and out pops a fly. His flashing sword goes whoooooooossshhh whoooooooossshhh whoooooooossshhh whoooooooossshhh whoooooooossshhh. A gust of wind fills the room, but the fly is still alive and buzzing around.

The emperor, obviously disappointed, asks, "After all of that, why is the fly not dead?" The third Samurai smiled, "If you look closely, you'll see that the fly has been circumcised!
Source: http://www.jref.com/entertainment/japanese_humor.shtml
 Leviathan.Celestinia
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2010-06-05 02:16:38  
Siren.Clinpachi said:
EDIT: OR if you can tell me why or list the reasons people tend to use USU body USU feet with other mixed gear.

I'm interested to know in full what's up with that combo as well if anyone can explain it properly.

From what I remember it's the store TP effect allowing a easier 5-hit build.

I dunno if my math is right but your polearm tp set came out as 5.1 hits to 100% which is fine if penta lands enough hits but thats where the usukane would come in i'd imagine giving you a true 5-hit.

Those are nice gear sets for sure other than rutters I can't see any real issues. Att vs stats build for penta all depends what your fighting imo.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-06-05 02:20:54  
Quote:
From what I remember it's the store TP effect allowing a easier 5-hit build.

I dunno if my math is right but your polearm tp set came out as 5.1 hits to 100% which is fine if penta lands enough hits but thats where the usukane would come in i'd imagine giving you a true 5-hit.

Those are nice gear sets for sure other than rutters I can't see any real issues. Att vs stats build for penta all depends what your fighting imo.
I'll have to recheck that because all of this is currently hypothetical as i attempt to earn some of the gear I'm missing.

This week alone i obtained Ace's Helm, Justice Torque, and Black Tathlum. I need to find more resources for the missing pieces that matter.

I also seriously need to get my *** in salvage for my boots >_<
 Leviathan.Celestinia
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2010-06-05 02:25:34  
Haha yeah I really need to get back to salvage too... so much good gear so little time to obtain it >< Grats on this week I could use one like that lol
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-06-05 02:27:10  
your pole build need some serious work >.<; (dont even have a 5hit)

other than that, not too shabby :o.

usukane body or rose strap would fix your 5hit problem though.
 Phoenix.Huwhuddep
By Phoenix.Huwhuddep 2010-06-05 02:28:12  
Siren.Clinpachi said:
I think the polearm build needs a second check by people such as tiger/vegetto. I see in his that he lists a lot of attack gear but he doesn't specify if it's WS or TP.

I'm still a bit lost on plm too, everyone seems to have different opinions as to how to gear for penta >.>
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-06-05 02:30:01  
Phoenix.Huwhuddep said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:

I'm still a bit lost on plm too, everyone seems to have different opinions as to how to gear for penta >.>

for penta thrust your going to hit higher numbers with more attack, than you would stacking all accuracy.

ima post a fix for you in 1sec lol.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-06-05 02:36:27  
Fairy.Ghaleon said:
Phoenix.Huwhuddep said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:

for penta thrust your going to hit higher numbers with more attack, than you would stacking all accuracy.

ima post a fix for you in 1sec lol.
I assumed due to B- skill that you wanted to ensure most of your hits landed. A posted example would be excellent.
 Leviathan.Duvessa
user: Veronika
By Leviathan.Duvessa 2010-06-05 02:43:03  
Capped accuracy should be your first priority for polearm WS. Beyond that, you want attack for penta thrust. If you can't get a decent amount of attack or accuracy in a slot then STR or DEX work well. Use DEX before STR if you are still not capped on ACC, though.

Remember, with capped accuracy you only have about a 77% chance to land all 5 hits of penta thrust. Even if you're only 5% acc below the cap (90% accuracy) you will be reduced to around 59% chance of landing all 5 hits. Like all multi-hit WS's with 4 or more hits, accuracy and attack are key to producing the highest, most consistent numbers. STR and DEX come next. The only time you'd want to stack a lot more STR is if you're fighting something with exceptionally high VIT, which you typically won't be doing with a polearm.

I play WAR with polearm, not sam, but the WS is the same for both jobs.

Edit: Also forgot to mention that in the event you cap out attack, switch over to WS mods.

Edit2: Also, in your Physical damage taken build... You have gone over the cap. You can only reduce it by a maximum of 50%. You may as well swap something out for some evasion or parry gear or something if you're trying to reduce the chance of being hit, though it will likely be useless 99% of the time, it will still be more useful than going over the PDT cap.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2010-06-05 02:48:53  
Went through another thread for polearm and saw veg mention that on birds att caps around 600 with dia2 on. So with berserk and x2 att buffs you could probably hit ~550 att with your gear set.

After 600 att stats should pull ahead a lot. Badically what Duv said is pretty much right, got to get that acc capped first but in merit pt that is really easy to do (pizza mamools/crab sushi birds).
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-06-05 02:51:39  
Siren.Clinpachi said:

I feel there is some error there. I want to get as on par as you can without using usukane body or full usu.

Usukane feet onry.

EDIT: OR if you can tell me why or list the reasons people tend to use USU body USU feet with other mixed gear.

a hybrid usu set (mixed set) gives 5hit with maximum alloted haste(and still keep a good deal of accuracy), which is why you see people mix+match rather than use full usukane.

i just ran ffxi calc, and your going to be short by 2stp for a perfect 5hit setup, with rose strap added into your current set. theres a couple things u can do without sacrificing any more haste.

rose strap +

a.) white tathlum: this is a viable option and probably the simplist, please note, you only have to tp in it; swap back to blacktath for weaponskill

b.)Attila's Earring, and Ecphoria ring combo: this is another decent option you can do that will let you keep dusk gloves(+1) in your tp set w/ a 5hit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
w/ pole grip + Sushi build(build for sushi food only):

C.) Askar Body + Ecphoria ring combo: this combo will let you keep 5hit with maximum haste w/o the use of usukane body, please note this combo is for sushi use only, after looking at your current gearset you should still cap accuracy on birds with askar body instead of haub. with this combo you gain +4% DA rate in your tp set (+2 grip +2 body).

please note; with the above combo; you will need to change up your ws build to makeup for the 40~ attack loss from not eating meat, though you will benefit from capped accuracy. (since you have capped accuracy, swap all acc in your ws set to attack)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sushi penta should be geared as follows: attack->Str->Dex->acc

meat penta should be geared as follows:
attack->acc->dex->str

and yes, i have 2 sets for my pole sam(though, highely unfinished :x), and i have 0 usukane on my samurai, you can check my item sets in my character profile if you would like :D
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-06-05 02:54:49  
Gewd i actually have a rose strap sitting in my moghouse.

But i'm a little confused so i can swap pole with rose and be good to go on 5hit or do i still need to do white/attila's ect?
 Phoenix.Huwhuddep
By Phoenix.Huwhuddep 2010-06-05 02:57:36  
Siren.Clinpachi said:

But i'm a little confused so i can swap pole with rose and be good to go on 5hit or do i still need to do white/attila's ect?

Just from eyeballing you *should* be okay. I keep 5hit and I think I have less storeTP then your set would with rose.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-06-05 02:58:14  
Duvessa supplied good information as well i didn't know there was a PDT cap of 50% (which makes sense).

I'm a little confused on how you would determine which situation to use what on but i could figure it out eventually.

It seems i've missed quite a lot these past few years on SAM data.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-06-05 02:59:09  
Siren.Clinpachi said:

you still need rose strap + white

or rose strap + attila's + ecphoria ring; i guess i didnt make it clear enough lol >.<;

also about the accuracy thing for penta; pretty much what duv said;

if your using a meat build and not at 95% accuracy, your not going to get a very consistant rate of full hits (and even then.) which is why i prefer to do attk then acc for my ws mods on meat build. also, PLEASE 8/8 merits! kthx :)
 Phoenix.Huwhuddep
By Phoenix.Huwhuddep 2010-06-05 03:00:06  
I think you'd swap to PDT if you know your going to get hit vs swapping to eva if it will make a significant difference in your enemies acc.

Not sure though, this is just my beliefs and what a LS member told me.
 Leviathan.Duvessa
By Leviathan.Duvessa 2010-06-05 03:02:03  
Phoenix.Huwhuddep said:
I think you'd swap to PDT if you know your going to get hit vs swapping to eva if it will make a significant difference in your enemies acc.

The cap of PDT is 50%. He has -58% taken, thus making 8% entirely meaningless. At this point, swapping out as close to that 8% as possible for more defense, evasion, parry, etc etc would be an infinite improvement over keeping that extra 8%. The portion that exceeds cap is entirely meaningless, that is why i suggested it.

Could swap out both rings for 7% less and put something else in there. Losing the +magic damage taken from jelly cant hurt.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-06-05 03:02:56  
Quotes are borked ghaleon but i was only confused by when you said 2 STP off, i wasn't sure.

and yeah 8/8 polearm and 8/8 gkatana merits. Some others still need finished off but nothing i can't handle in a span of 2-3 days.

I'll get back on the A-game again it's just going to take some relearning and work ><
 Phoenix.Huwhuddep
By Phoenix.Huwhuddep 2010-06-05 03:03:13  
@ duv

ooops, I thought he meant when to use which set lol.

But yeah you're correct.

(quotes not working etc etc)
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-06-05 03:03:32  
Phoenix.Huwhuddep said:

evasion build is for soloing only (for the most part)

pdt- build is for the oshi moments when you grab hate (which should be often, if your a good sam) and pretty much tank the mob, till tank pulls hate back. you macro in pdt- once seigan-> thirdeye wears. so that you will take half dmg untill third eye recast is back up. saves mages alot of mp ^^ and quite possibly from a wipe.

(note: pdt- build is most used in sam/war situations, but can be used with any subjob as well.)
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-06-05 03:04:44  
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Quotes are borked ghaleon but i was only confused by when you said 2 STP off, i wasn't sure.

and yeah 8/8 polearm and 8/8 gkatana merits. Some others still need finished off but nothing i can't handle in a span of 2-3 days.

I'll get back on the A-game again it's just going to take some relearning and work ><

you should come over to Sylph, me and veg will take care of ya! :)

(edit- i spelled slyph wrong lul)
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-06-05 03:06:30  
I remember getting really aggravated with the new bandwagons when they would tell me they don't have polearm, archery, or -PDT sets >_<.

I welcome hasso and seigan all day every day but it really brought some horrible SAM's in the long haul.

I'm trying to make sure i get this absolutely right this time around and relearn >_<

EDIT: and that would be pretty awesome honestly ghal lol. I think veg is in the other THF thread still duking it out with the p.harp person.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-06-05 03:10:17  
***sucks i'd hate to replace aesir/torr ring but i'm pretty sure Attila's/echos to maintain 5 hit is more important >_<

Sacrifices suckkk.

Reworking this is racking my brain a bit.

The gkatana portion is right though or at least decent isn't it?
 Leviathan.Duvessa
By Leviathan.Duvessa 2010-06-05 03:15:53  
Main concern is, as level caps raise the gap between skills will become greater. Example:

Caps at level 37, and 75 respectively;
Great Katana: 114, 276
Polearm: 109, 240
Archery: 105, 230

At 37 polearm is 95% of the value of GK skill. Archery is 92%.
At 75 polearm is 87% of the value of GK skill. Archery is 83%.

As level cap rises the lower grade weapons for jobs will become less and less plausible on mobs you will be exp'ing against. By 99 you will probably have a hard time hitting anything with even a B+ skill. Which sucks, considering so many jobs have a B or B+ as their best combat skill for their primary weapon. You will not only be lacking a lot more in accuracy, you will also lack heavily in attack since the difference in skills between grades continues to grow. Only way it'll work out well is if SE decides to give everything like.. E rating evasion. In which case, anyone with A+ in skill will be able to stack almost pure attack and ws mods, making them substantially better still.

Level 99 Endgame Sams will probably be GK-specific. For merit parties too, unless they come out with gear that gives substantial boosts to combat skills for these jobs (I.E. +50 Polearm skill).

Personally, in my opinion you should focus a lot more on GK atm if you're planning on taking sam to 99. Loads of people are expecting new mobs to be weak to slashing anyways.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-06-05 03:16:30  
yea looks good to me, only thing i see wrong is your wsgorget lol; and rutters ofc, but that has been mentioned already. also, i hate to say it, but AMK headpiece with str+4 wsdmg+2% augments will probably outperform your maats cap =x, though it doesn't look as shiney.

(copy and pasted from wiki)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Great Katana weapon skill

* Skill level: 225
* Mutes target. Damage varies with TP.
o Silence effect duration is 60 seconds when unresisted.
* Will stack with Sneak Attack.
* Aligned with the Aqua Gorget & Snow Gorget.
* Tachi: Gekko has a high attack bonus. [1]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7