SAM Update?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » SAM Update?
SAM Update?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Sylph.Kimble
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-06-18 15:26:25  
Even then, like I pointed out, we get the skillchain bonus JT and the JA as well. Till we see how much it adds, should still make Sekki best when main. Much like TA for THF.
 Valefor.Argettio
サーバ: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-06-18 15:27:46  
Sylph.Kimble said:
What exactly does SAM have that offers more versatility than other DD jobs?

SAM gets a great 1 hit WS
SAM gets a great multi hit WS

Most other DD have either a decent multi hit OR decent single hit.

Have both means SAMs are useful on pretty much any mob.

And as mentioned previously, SAMs xhit doesn't rely on their sub. Which means their damage is pretty constant regardless of sub (at least compared to other jobs).
 Asura.Steam
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Steam 2010-06-18 15:48:07  
Sylph.Kimble said:
Well, my point is, SAM isn't AS overpowered as people think. It can be the top DD, but the gap isn't as big as people make it out to be.
This, but yeah, but there still is the cap, Sam being the leading DD even against apocs or brovuras.
 Shiva.Lorielain
サーバ: Shiva
user: Atrithk
By Shiva.Lorielain 2010-06-18 15:54:08  
Caitsith.Omicronceti said:
SAM's dont *** that anyone can sub the job and use Hasso and Meditate. They're taking a level 60 ability and dropping it for everyone's use. Would RNG's feel robbed if SE dropped Unlimited Shot?
Yes, because it's slowly removing any reason to use RNG as SAM would clearly be better >:3
 Bahamut.Dymlos
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Dymlos
By Bahamut.Dymlos 2010-06-18 15:55:47  
Cerberus.Kvazz said:

[+]
 Alexander.Vivicide
サーバ: Alexander
user: Vivicide
By Alexander.Vivicide 2010-06-21 23:48:39  
Sylph.Kimble said:

Tachi:Rana isn't great lol, it's useful. There is a difference. All rana is, is a darkness opener.

Sekka going to lvl 40 is pretty gay, but w/e no other jobs will still be able to build tp as quick or as often as sam. In HNMs sam is can not be replaced. Other then that idc. Can other jobs do just as good in merit/xp, yeah. You ever SC in a party as a sam with your partner being a thf or rng or something? Life pretty much sucks at that point because your almost better off waiting for sekka.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-06-22 00:04:24  
Alexander.Vivicide said:
Sylph.Kimble said:

Tachi:Rana isn't great lol, it's useful. There is a difference. All rana is, is a darkness opener.

Sekka going to lvl 40 is pretty gay, but w/e no other jobs will still be able to build tp as quick or as often as sam. In HNMs sam is can not be replaced. Other then that idc. Can other jobs do just as good in merit/xp, yeah. You ever SC in a party as a sam with your partner being a thf or rng or something? Life pretty much sucks at that point because your almost better off waiting for sekka.

Maybe he's talking about Penta Thrust :x
 Alexander.Vivicide
サーバ: Alexander
user: Vivicide
By Alexander.Vivicide 2010-06-22 00:25:33  
hmm possible, but even then your talking about 2 different weapons with 2 completely different gear sets. So you then have to pick which one you want. Which WAR has a much better weapon option at that point with GA having a really good 1 hit WS (Steel Cyclone) and 2 really good multi-hit WSs RR and KJ. With GA at that point your tp build gear sets would be the same and only the WS gear set would be different.

Mainly my point is they don't have to be like ok I'm going to use polearm and use food for that, then switch to GKT and then the acc food is useless. Not to mention loose TP when you do switch. DRG also gets Wheeling thrust and penta/drakesbane, RNG gets multi/single WS, MNK same ect. SAM has no advantage there.
 Titan.Fekye
サーバ: Titan
user: fekye
By Titan.Fekye 2010-06-22 18:16:13  
I'm already liking Sekk. @ 40 makes chopped liver out of Pulling the plug when it once was kind of an annoying fight.
 Phoenix.Huwhuddep
サーバ: Phoenix
user: huw
By Phoenix.Huwhuddep 2010-06-23 21:31:39  
anyone else notice a possible new tier of store tp at level 76?

I'm getting 18tp a hit every time...
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-06-23 21:52:17  
Alexander.Vivicide said:
Sylph.Kimble said:

Also a shadow-stripper (Zephyr Mantle, etc), but that only adds emphasis toward useful, and not great.

I'll go test out that Store TP theory quick, on another note.

Edit: SAM80, still getting the same TP returns pre-update.
By Katalsar 2010-06-23 21:56:26  
Tested Darkness skillchain w/ Sengikori seems to be a 10~20% boost in skillchain bonus.
(Not tested w/ Magic Burst)

You have to Rana first then sengikori then gekko to take effect.
By Katalsar 2010-06-23 21:59:20  
Actually, Sengikori makes up for sekkanoki.

Think about it now we're WAYYYY more useful w/ a timed MAgic Burst alliance.
 Phoenix.Huwhuddep
サーバ: Phoenix
user: huw
By Phoenix.Huwhuddep 2010-06-23 22:00:17  
Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
Alexander.Vivicide said:
Sylph.Kimble said:

Also a shadow-stripper (Zephyr Mantle, etc), but that only adds emphasis toward useful, and not great.

I'll go test out that Store TP theory quick, on another note.

Edit: SAM80, still getting the same TP returns pre-update.

omg I feel so stupid, it was the rose strap. hahahahaha
 Seraph.Rafik
サーバ: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-06-24 00:46:06  
Asura.Steam said:
Also adding that sam has access to polearm and with a 5 hit pole setup you are pretty good off due to pentas dmg. Also, Gekko is pretty neat on HNM etc unlike stuff like king's justice (which blows usually compared to gekko on hnm)

Why are you comparing Gekko to King's Justice for HNM?

For ***with high def war should be using um Steel Cyclone, but you would know that if you did anything on war, including some HNM <.<
 Shiva.Daimos
サーバ: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-06-24 00:57:45  
Seraph.Rafik said:
Asura.Steam said:
Also adding that sam has access to polearm and with a 5 hit pole setup you are pretty good off due to pentas dmg. Also, Gekko is pretty neat on HNM etc unlike stuff like king's justice (which blows usually compared to gekko on hnm)

For ***with high def war should be using um Steel Cyclone, but you would know that if you did anything on war, including some HNM <.<
lol multi hit ws on hnm... wait what?
Reminds me of a war I saw during Kirin using Raging rush... for about 60 damage...
 Sylph.Vincentius
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Vincentius 2010-06-24 01:00:44  
Shiva.Daimos said:
Seraph.Rafik said:
Asura.Steam said:

lol multi hit ws on hnm... wait what?
Reminds me of a war I saw during Kirin using Raging rush... for about 60 damage...

Well, that WAR is absolutely *** pathetic then, because back before the 2h update, my old shell zerged Kirin and I still have 2 screenshots buried of a dual-wielding WAR popping off 900+ Rampages.

Gtfo 60dmg Raging Rush.
 Seraph.Rafik
サーバ: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-06-24 01:02:12  
but yeah /sam and Martial Bhuj for steel cyclone spam on HNM, which is equvalent to a hagun for gekko

edit for zerg kirin I break 2.5k steel cyclone
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8