users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » Fishing 10k Moat Carp
Fishing 10k Moat Carp
 Siren.Sinneloa
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Sinneloa
By Siren.Sinneloa 2010-06-19 13:16:41  
I have 1469 so far. How much longer will it take with the 200 carp min. per day if I can find the time to do it daily? Is this going to change per the update coming or will it be the same?

Sin
 Titan.Kautamer
サーバ: Titan
user: kautamer
By Titan.Kautamer 2010-06-19 13:36:17  
With the information provided...

needed: 10,000
obtained: 1,469
---------------
new total needed: 8,531 / 200 = 42.655 = 43 days

However, depending on where you fish, it's very unlikely to get 200 of the same fish daily. Thus expect up to 60 days. You can also expect to fish for up to 4 hours each day. Also, remember there is a soft cap of fishing at one time (when you are fishing up more items than before). You can simply zone to reset the soft cap - so you catch fish more frequently than items.

It is highly unlikely there will be any changes to the fishing system in this coming update.

Good luck with your fishing.
 Leviathan.Dubont
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-19 13:37:19  
Do like me. Fish to cap all the way to about 5000 fish. THEN go out and fish ***that sells until you get about 2mil. Use that 2 mil to buy the other 5000. This way, I finished everything in about 2 weeks.
[+]
 Titan.Lyali
サーバ: Titan
user: Lyali
By Titan.Lyali 2010-06-19 13:42:58  
I personally found it much more time efficient to just go after fish that sell well and save up the money for a lu shang (you'll skill up faster this way too), however I do understand some people would rather go after the accomplishment of obtaining one through the quest. Good luck to you!