フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Spirit Jump
Spirit Jump
First Page 2
 Ifrit.Airius
サーバ: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Airius
By Ifrit.Airius 2010-06-22 03:20:17  
So i hit lvl 77 and tried out spirit jump with barone gear and skystrider and only got a 14 tp return. Called a gm but he didn't know if it was working properly or not. Said he would file a report to SE
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2010-06-22 03:22:54  
So you didnt get what you wanted and called a GM to say its broken? :S Its new... its probably how its meant to be.
[+]
 Ifrit.Airius
By Ifrit.Airius 2010-06-22 03:23:57  
didn't call to say it was broken just to find out if it was or not
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-22 03:26:27  
How much does it do?
 Ifrit.Airius
By Ifrit.Airius 2010-06-22 03:27:33  
was doing 330 to too weak mobs more than high jump but about the same as jump. Either way glad to have a new jump
 Fenrir.Gradd
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-06-22 04:38:43  
I heard it shares its Timer with Jump? Any Truth to this? I'm Leveling DRK to 80 first so havent gotten to screw around with DRG much yet.
 Valefor.Byxfluzba
サーバ: Valefor
user: Byxfluzba
By Valefor.Byxfluzba 2010-06-22 04:44:32  
It's 100% linked to the jump recast, including any merits you may have placed in jump.. That's the real thing you should call GM about. -_-
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-06-22 06:24:15  
Lame...

Gotta love how SE gets peoples hopes up and then brings them crashing down like that...
 Cerberus.Arkhana
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Arkhana
By Cerberus.Arkhana 2010-06-22 06:43:18  
Oh, yeah, that's lame indeed. But as far as i could notice, Conserve TP is REAAAALLY hot, haha
 Carbuncle.Calem
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Calem
By Carbuncle.Calem 2010-06-22 11:56:21  
A while ago a DRG in my ls was talking about a new sound effect happening randomly when he used Jump... sometimes it would be normal, other times it would make a new sound on use. I tried myself and in addition to the random sound every few Jumps or so, there's also a purpley-green light effect that appears when the attack connects.

I don't know anybody who has Spirit Jump yet, but was wondering what the animation and sound effects for it were like? I'm thinking that if they're like what me and my ls mate have noticed that maybe the shared timer for the two abilities has caused some kind of bug/mix up for the visual and audio effects?
 Asura.Kowen
サーバ: Asura
user: Kowen
By Asura.Kowen 2010-06-22 12:06:26  
Carbuncle.Calem said:
A while ago a DRG in my ls was talking about a new sound effect happening randomly when he used Jump... sometimes it would be normal, other times it would make a new sound on use. I tried myself and in addition to the random sound every few Jumps or so, there's also a purpley-green light effect that appears when the attack connects.

It sounds like a new, separate animation for when Jump crits. If you try it with sneak attack, you'll get the new effect every time.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-06-22 12:14:11  
Actually... Jump merits do *** for Spirit Jump -.-

Jump 1:15 for me
Spirit Jump 1:30 recast wise.
 Carbuncle.Calem
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Calem
By Carbuncle.Calem 2010-06-22 12:15:23  
Asura.Kowen said:
Carbuncle.Calem said:
It sounds like a new, separate animation for when Jump crits. If you try it with sneak attack, you'll get the new effect every time.

My friend thought it might be a critical hit thing, but he's had the new effect happen on both crits and normal hits so far.

EDIT: Tried using Sneak Attack to test it myself, first 7 or so had the new effects but the last 2 have looked and sounded the same as ordinary Jumps.

EDIT again: Just had the effect appear twice in a row; first time on a non-SA crit for 300+ damage, second time on a normal hit for 230 damage. Both hits were against the exact same mob (a purple Wanderer in Promy-Mea 2nd floor).
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
user: Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2010-06-22 13:19:37  
what the hell is the point of it being linked with jump recast? I dont udnerstand why that is :S
 Fairy.Spence
サーバ: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-06-22 13:25:45  
Ragnarok.Tuvae said:
So you didnt get what you wanted and called a GM to say its broken? :S Its new... its probably how its meant to be.

I don't know why, but I found that really amusing :D
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-06-22 13:29:16  
Carbuncle.Calem said:
Asura.Kowen said:
Carbuncle.Calem said:

My friend thought it might be a critical hit thing, but he's had the new effect happen on both crits and normal hits so far.

EDIT: Tried using Sneak Attack to test it myself, first 7 or so had the new effects but the last 2 have looked and sounded the same as ordinary Jumps.

EDIT again: Just had the effect appear twice in a row; first time on a non-SA crit for 300 damage, second time on a normal hit for 230 damage. Both hits were against the exact same mob (a purple Wanderer in Promy-Mea 2nd floor).

I've had the effect appear on every single jump I've done since I logged on. High Jump is normal however.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-06-22 13:34:18  
Spirit Jump seems to have random TP spikes, even when it doesnt seem like a double attack is present(looking at damage)
Can anyone else confirm? I got 25 tp off a jump without barone.
 Ragnarok.Skiutah
user: Skiutah
By Ragnarok.Skiutah 2010-06-22 13:34:19  
It's also kind of funny that they spent all day yesterday updating the game and doing maintenance but none of the new job abilities are in the auto-translate. /shrug

I'm only 76 atm, but if they linked spirit jump with the other jumps that'll be dumb. And if the "suppresses enmity" doesn't take effect all the time, that makes the ability even more useless.

Like someone else mentioned though, Conserve TP rocks! That's about the best thing they've done to DRG in this update.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-06-22 13:36:41  
50TP on a double attacked Spirit Jump O.o
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-22 13:38:34  
Ragnarok.Skiutah said:
It's also kind of funny that they spent all day yesterday updating the game and doing maintenance but none of the new job abilities are in the auto-translate. /shrug

I'm only 76 atm, but if they linked spirit jump with the other jumps that'll be dumb. And if the "suppresses enmity" doesn't take effect all the time, that makes the ability even more useless.

Like someone else mentioned though, Conserve TP rocks! That's about the best thing they've done to DRG in this update.

How much do you get back when Conserve TP kicks in on a WS?
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-06-22 13:50:28  
Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Ragnarok.Skiutah said:

How much do you get back when Conserve TP kicks in on a WS?

I'm curious about this too, I haven't seen it proc yet.
 Cerberus.Ryle
user: Ryle
By Cerberus.Ryle 2010-06-22 13:59:20  
24 TP return from Penta on a TW
 Shiva.Darkshade
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-06-22 17:41:18  
What the ***. Is this supposed to make my Jump timer reset and likewise for Jump making Spirit Jump reset?

I hope this is a bug.
 Cerberus.Alzeroth
user: Alzeroth
By Cerberus.Alzeroth 2010-06-23 20:12:49  
We need to get some confirmation of wtf Spirit Jump is doing.
I'm getting a consistent 30tp per Spirit Jump.

And it dosn't reset your Jump timer,
Spirit Jump and Jump are linked.
So you can only do one or the other.
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-06-23 20:25:48  
That's kind of lame, you'd think SE would release that info with the update like the did with Innin/Yonin. Hopefully they'll do an emergency patch soon to fix some of the issues that the update is causing.

On a side note, get a SCH to use Libra on a mob, maybe that can help with the enmity mystery
 Fenrir.Fearforever
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2010-06-23 20:29:07  
SE pulled the same ***with Steal and Despoil for THF with shared timers >.>
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-06-23 20:31:02  
Honestly, if they keep it like this, I'm just gonna take off my Jump merits and put them into Spirit Link. With the new effect on spirit link it's almost stupid not to. Just make sure you have at least 1 empathy merit, so you can use while the wyvern has 100% HP.
 Odin.Lowblow
サーバ: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2010-06-23 20:34:38  
They pretty much offered us another way to lower our enmity.

You can take the choice of better dmg (if jump is stronger) or less dmg but a quick enmity cut.

I think it was a good idea, but kind of lacking.
 Cerberus.Alzeroth
user: Alzeroth
By Cerberus.Alzeroth 2010-06-23 21:22:37  
Odin.Lowblow said:
They pretty much offered us another way to lower our enmity. You can take the choice of better dmg (if jump is stronger) or less dmg but a quick enmity cut. I think it was a good idea, but kind of lacking.

Jump and Spirit Jump are parsing the same for me.
Jump is giving me 18%tp. Spirit Jump is giving me 27-30%tp
My mind is made up, and with the added enmity cut, we have a winner lol.
First Page 2