Zmail Still Worth It?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Zmail still worth it?
Zmail still worth it?
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-06-23 07:31:03  
Is it worth picking up a Zmail now or would it be better to hold off and pick up a nocturnus mail or one of the new items.
 Phoenix.Zeotah
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Zeota
By Phoenix.Zeotah 2010-06-23 07:38:05  
If you don't have aurum body, you can save up cruor from Abyssea and get away with a perle hauberk until your server gets Fiat Lux again. Zahak's mail is still good though.
 Asura.Tero
サーバ: Asura
user: Tero
By Asura.Tero 2010-06-23 07:53:12  
atm zmail still best drakes atm lol
[+]
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-06-23 07:54:03  
Well thing is I'm a full tier and a half away from getting a Nocturnus mail and I've been saving up my gils for a Zmail. What I'm really looking for is a new TP body, I know perle would do the trick but I'm not sure how it stacks up to Zmail for WS.

I unno, to me nocturnus mail looks like the best tp/ws piece for drg o.o, but i'm a whole month and a half away from it.
 Cerberus.Alzeroth
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Alzeroth
By Cerberus.Alzeroth 2010-06-23 10:07:54  
I can guarantee Zmail will far outparse Perle still.
Honestly the +8 acc on the perle shouldnt have an effect on your ws set up. If you're using Drakes, the gear available to Drg, acc should be capped.
And +8 attack, well thats not worth sacrificing 2 str and 6 dex and 1%crit.

Drakesbane is all about crit, so the Zahak's is sex for it, I would still even use Zahak's over Nocturnus to be honest. If you can get nocturnus though, go for it, but I still say if you like investing gil into Drg, go with Zahak's.

I spent roughly 3m on mine, I have never regretted it, and it has never disappointed me.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-06-23 12:06:11  
Nice! only 900k to go for mine then! Come on prices, drop!
 Carbuncle.Caitlin
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: goose11
By Carbuncle.Caitlin 2010-06-24 02:41:59  
Actually aurum body is better 99% of the time. The only time zahak's is better is when you're a couple dex away from having +50 dex over the mobs agi.
[+]
 Caitsith.Linear
サーバ: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-06-24 02:53:49  
Actually, Aurum is only better when you're pDif is abyssmal. Happens only against HNMs, and more than likely, you'll be using Wheeling Thrust/Sonic Thrust in those situations.

EDIT: Actually, both benefit the most from low pDif. or rather, that's when you'll get the most noticeable boost from either of them.

In the end, it comes down to Zahak's having 2 DEX and 2 STR over Aurum, and it's the strongest Wheeling Thrust/Sonic Thrust body next to Are's Cuirass.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-06-24 13:57:33  
About Perle Body

I would like to say this may benefit Drakesbane more then Zahak's Mail On Stronger targets due to the attack/accuracy alone(The STR is close as well). Yes The DEX on Zahak's is greater for capping crit rate on GColibri but those days are about to be over.

You get near the same stats as a Hauby while still getting Zahak's Critical Hit Bonus.

Zahak's Mail is still a great piece in it's own right but don't be surprised if the price drops slightly when you see more of these around.

Looking at it this way it's like comparing Hauby to Kirin's Osode.
Well this Hauby still has some form of a Critical Hit Bonus. While losing 2 points of acc/ and 1 DEX while gaining 3 STR(makes up for the loss of 2 attack).

It's a clear winner in my book but maybe not by much. Going up to level 99 depending how tough things get the acc can be a nice bonus as will any extra attack. The DEX on Zahak's matters less and less the more AGI mobs may get. Since you get further and further from the crit cap correct?
 Cerberus.Alzeroth
By Cerberus.Alzeroth 2010-06-24 14:22:03  
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
About Perle Body I would like to say this may benefit Drakesbane more then Zahak's Mail On Stronger targets due to the attack/accuracy alone(The STR is close as well). Yes The DEX on Zahak's is greater for capping crit rate on GColibri but those days are about to be over. You get near the same stats as a Hauby while still getting Zahak's Critical Hit Bonus. Zahak's Mail is still a great piece in it's own right but don't be surprised if the price drops slightly when you see more of these around. Looking at it this way it's like comparing Hauby to Kirin's Osode. Well this Hauby still has some form of a Critical Hit Bonus. While losing 2 points of acc/ and 1 DEX while gaining 3 STR(makes up for the loss of 2 attack). It's a clear winner in my book but maybe not by much. Going up to level 99 depending how tough things get the acc can be a nice bonus as will any extra attack. The DEX on Zahak's matters less and less the more AGI mobs may get. Since you get further and further from the crit cap correct?

You prove very good points. And I'd like to say, Drakesbane to me, is all about stacking the crit hit rate. And you're right, the dex will matter less and less the more agi the mob gets. But that being said, it's going to be far worse if you sacrifice the rest of it for perle, why dig yourself into a deeper hole?
But to each his own right, Im capped on acc in drakesbane set up, so it proves useless for me. Sacrificing the dex and str and crit % on zahaks for the +8attack on perle, isn't worth it for me. Maybe someone else though :)

Good luck with experimenting and finding out whats best for you :D
 Phoenix.Juggalo
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Juggalo
By Phoenix.Juggalo 2010-06-24 14:44:55  
What if you don't have Drakesbane and are (for now, anyway) limited to Penta Thrust, Impulse Drive, and Wheeling Thrust? How's Z.Mail then?
 Caitsith.Linear
サーバ: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-06-24 14:47:40  
Aurum will win for Penta Thrust. Zahak's will win for Wheeling Thrust. I'm inclined to believe Zahak's will win for Impulse Drive, too.

EDIT: Using "it has more accuracy" as an excuse to use Perle over Zahak's is silly. Dragoon got Accuracy Bonus III this update. We didn't need the ACC before, and we don't need it now, either.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-06-24 22:48:51  
Wouldn't Hecatomb Body be better for Penta Thrust? 12STR and 10ACC definitely is sick for a multihit weapon skill...

After reviewing a lot of people's opinions, I think Perle Hauberk would be best, for me atleast, be used as a TP piece for endgame and use Zahak's as a WS piece :). That is until I get Nocturnus!

But then... that just leaves the fate of my heca harness...

Ahhh oh well! It seems that Hecatomb Harness has become out of date :/
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-06-24 22:54:17  
10DEX will contribute more damage than 2STR typically and is 7.5~ acc on a 2hander anyway. Crit benefits irrelevant on Penta though.
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-06-24 22:55:51  
Well I figure you should stack quite abit of acc on Penta cause of it's 5-hitting nature..
 Cerberus.Alzeroth
By Cerberus.Alzeroth 2010-06-25 07:01:08  
Phoenix.Juggalo said:
What if you don't have Drakesbane and are (for now, anyway) limited to Penta Thrust, Impulse Drive, and Wheeling Thrust? How's Z.Mail then?

If you don't have drakesbane, I would reccomend Hecatomb Harness. But even so, Zahak's on penta would still be pimp, and I'm saying this because penta is 30% str/dex as a modifier. So it would still make a bery nice improvement.
Lakshmi.Glaciont said:
Wouldn't Hecatomb Body be better for Penta Thrust? 12STR and 10ACC definitely is sick for a multihit weapon skill... After reviewing a lot of people's opinions, I think Perle Hauberk would be best, for me atleast, be used as a TP piece for endgame and use Zahak's as a WS piece :). That is until I get Nocturnus! But then... that just leaves the fate of my heca harness... Ahhh oh well! It seems that Hecatomb Harness has become out of date :/

Usually you shouldn't be paying too much attention to acc as you should for other jobs. Drg's acc is ridiculous and way easy to get. Your body piece can be far more exceeding then a piece with acc on it. If you're stil shy of the cap then I guess you could go for Hecatomb. If you have garbage acc and you're using penta, then avoid Zahak's and save your money. But if you got the acc, got the money, get a Zahak's. Best choice you can make as a career dragoon.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [114 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Shokox
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2010-10-17 17:23:00  
Sorry to bump. Wondering if Z Mail is still good now considering Abyssea. If not, I'll be liquidating mine :3
 Carbuncle.Callicantzaros
By Carbuncle.Callicantzaros 2010-10-17 17:29:37  
Sho. You such a fool. Its still worth it if you have it. Not seen much that's better than it atm. I could be wrong But i love the numbers im seeing with it.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-10-17 17:32:57  
Perle Mail is arguably the same, if you have the DEX+50/Crit Atma is becomes less useful in Abyssea. I say sell it because it will get cheaper next add on.

AF3 Body baby
 Carbuncle.Shokox
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2010-10-17 17:35:52  
Wah, it's just that I don't get to play DRG so much anymore.

Then I consider what kinda madness they will give DRG in December for the body piece -- Body parts are usually the slots that get insane amounts of STR and DEX, so I can see SE giving us 12~20 on the body.

Then I look at the Kirin's Osode in this guys Bazaar for 200k (of course DRG can't use, but it seems like people are getting ready for the inevitable lol.)
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-10-17 18:03:28  
What Skarwind said, Perle Hauberk since you barely play DRG anyway. Zahak's is a tad bit better of course, but I'd say sell it now for 900k while you still can, before inevitably plummets down next update.