Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-07-11 17:40:02  
Leviathan.Nuin said:
Also even with the Def down
How many ppl would use it for that
BRD get Requiem and how often do they use that ?
SAM is about SC and dps not debuffing

so why does gekko silence, yukkikaze blind, and kasha paralyze? lol Sam has been doing that multi-tasking for awhile now

can't count how many times Gekko's silence or Kasha's para has saved my life..and yukki's blind helps when soloing
By Valo 2010-07-11 18:05:43  
I havent tested it out yet any easy skillchains that can be made with it? Darkness maybe?
 Leviathan.Nuin
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Nuin 2010-07-11 18:18:17  
Ok and Def down gonna save u how ?
Para Blind and Silence PLUS Decent DMG
If you use this w.o a legit reason then gtfo
Till we figure something that's makes this WS worthwhile >.>
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2010-07-11 18:31:43  
I use this mainly when i use Keitenotachi (kasha+10%) and I use sekko, ageha>kasha just for even more dmg.

But i mainly use ageha to turn things black and then i say
"Name that pokemon!"

/cough

Also ageha animations, the first thing comes to mind is DDR: Butterfly.
If you know the song you'll connect the dots.

サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-07-11 18:40:07  
I just don't see how Ageha > Kasha would do more DMG than Y/K or G/K as for a laugh I saved up 300TP and let Ageha rip with Sneak Attack and did under 300 DMG, lol.
 Siren.Maximillion
サーバ: Siren
user: mozart
By Siren.Maximillion 2010-07-11 18:47:51  
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Shiva.Lorielain said:
What about the rumors that it's CHR based?
I hear it's getting pretty bad numbers with STR setups.
That is only because of that gkatana with CHR 20 on it... people jumped to conclusions.

And yeah i guess it does look kinda girly.

http://ffxi.clinpachi.com/ I made an entire site out of the ageha design... starting to regret that becuase it suckkkkkkks lol.

Dude, you make the sickest sites ever, and I mean sick in a good way.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ronson
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-07-11 20:12:44  
Leviathan.Nuin said:
Also even with the Def down How many ppl would use it for that BRD get Requiem and how often do they use that ? SAM is about SC and dps not debuffing[/qu[quote=Leviathan.Nuin]Also even with the Def down How many ppl would use it for that BRD get Requiem and how often do they use that ? SAM is about SC and dps not debuffing

blind,para,silence,def down....do's this sound like your normal dps job(war) or is it sounding like SE are trying to tell you something?

something along the lines of "hay mr.sam you dont just stab stab stab things and look pretty,your stabs have benefits too" so use them.

meh brd can lower def..dont carry brd,whm,rdm or any other job for that matter in my pocket.fact is you're choosing when another job can lower def im choosing when they cannot lower def(back to the situational rule again)
 Siren.Clinpachi
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-07-11 20:18:08  
Siren.Maximillion said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Shiva.Lorielain said:
What about the rumors that it's CHR based?
I hear it's getting pretty bad numbers with STR setups.
That is only because of that gkatana with CHR 20 on it... people jumped to conclusions.

And yeah i guess it does look kinda girly.

http://ffxi.clinpachi.com/ I made an entire site out of the ageha design... starting to regret that becuase it suckkkkkkks lol.

Dude, you make the sickest sites ever, and I mean sick in a good way.
:D thanks very much, i removed WHM from the job achievements as i dropped it and only plan to do SAM to 75 for now. MNK might be added in its place later.

The gear sets i had to rework so i removed those on the SAM page as well.

Blog still in the works >< Hard to match the theme to my site.
 Carbuncle.Ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-07-11 20:24:26  
Leviathan.Nuin said:
Ok and Def down gonna save u how ? Para Blind and Silence PLUS Decent DMG If you use this w.o a legit reason then gtfo Till we figure something that's makes this WS worthwhile >.>

legit reason been DEF down!

pop one of these and some darkness for extra dmg?

Sengikori=Grants a bonus to skillchains and magic bursts initiated by your next weapon skill
 Carbuncle.Ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-07-11 20:26:29  
@Clinpachi

keep up the good work bud..very nice site ^^

Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-07-11 20:58:09  
Carbuncle.Ronson said:
Leviathan.Nuin said:
Ok and Def down gonna save u how ? Para Blind and Silence PLUS Decent DMG If you use this w.o a legit reason then gtfo Till we figure something that's makes this WS worthwhile >.>

legit reason been DEF down!

pop one of these and some darkness for extra dmg?

Sengikori=Grants a bonus to skillchains and magic bursts initiated by your next weapon skill
Sadly even if defense down lasted long enough to do self darkness afterward.... you would still probably do better with another gekko instead ><
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-07-11 20:59:06  
Carbuncle.Ronson said:
@Clinpachi

keep up the good work bud..very nice site ^^
and tyvm :D i have to make a ton of adjustments which i don't have time for just this moment.
 Lakshmi.Vlorsutes
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Vlorsutes
By Lakshmi.Vlorsutes 2010-07-14 14:30:54  
Leviathan.Nuin said:
Also even with the Def down
How many ppl would use it for that
SAM is about SC and dps not debuffing

I use Requiem quite often on Chariots in Salvage, which is what I come Brd to most of the time nowadays. Yes, it's a relatively worthless song in the grand scheme of mobs nowadays being flat resistant to it, but a Brd is going to have plenty of time to squeeze that in here and there. In the case of Ageha though, there's likely to be more reliable and less wasteful sources of Defense down to where a Sam isn't going to have to blow 100+ TP for a chance of getting it to land.

Clinpachi, your site is made of win and a half. I ended up leaving it open and just listening to the music for probably the past 15 minutes.
 Leviathan.Nuin
By Leviathan.Nuin 2010-07-18 12:48:04  
Also out of Y/G/K the only debuff that saves u before the RDM tosses it on is Gekko when the RDM is doing something else. You can take your debuffs but I'll take a RDM para II any day of the week.
In the long run if u parse it out. Y/G/K does more dot than using Ageha for DefDown.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-07-18 18:19:29  
So every single time you ever draw your weapon on a mob you have a rdm right beside you to debuff? Just checking.
 Sylph.Ashaaman
サーバ: Sylph
user: Ashaaman
By Sylph.Ashaaman 2010-07-18 18:29:27  
Leviathan.Nuin said:
In the long run if u parse it out. Y/G/K does more dot than using Ageha for DefDown.

If you are solo, yes.

However when you're in a group, the DefDown is going to likely push ahead because of the other DD around you.
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-07-18 18:30:38  
If you're in a group that more than likely means there's a RDM casting Dia on it.
 Sylph.Ashaaman
サーバ: Sylph
user: Ashaaman
By Sylph.Ashaaman 2010-07-18 18:33:44  
Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
If you're in a group that more than likely means there's a RDM casting Dia on it.

Does Ageha stack w/ Dia? I haven't read thread, nor do I care to.
 Leviathan.Nuin
By Leviathan.Nuin 2010-07-19 04:11:18  
Um yes I'll have a RDM with me ? Dia can be cast by any job /WHM or /RDM too . .
It's rly useless atm
You can use ur Butterfly WS
Just know Y/G/K/R >
Till we figure out if it is actually decent or not
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-19 04:17:06  
Sylph.Ashaaman said:
Odin.Dirtyfinger said:

Does Ageha stack w/ Dia? I haven't read thread, nor do I care to.
I'd assume it does, but if you're in a group one of two situations presents itself:

1) You're fighting many weak mobs (exp, dyna, ein, limbus, etc). Not worth using Ageha because the mob's low HP may preclude gaining any sort of killspeed advantage from its use.

2) You're fighting one or a few stronger mobs (NMs), in which case the effect may not proc and thus you may need multiple attempts to stick the effect. This creates a larger gap that the defense down has to compensate for, and I get the feeling that while it stacks with Dia (basically any def down effect does), it probably doesn't stack with Angon, Frightful Roar, or the en-effect from TotM weapons (all better sources of the effect that may be present).
By ejiboo 2010-08-13 05:05:30  
A > G > Y > G > k

5 step light, ageha sets up DEF down for the following 4 ws and makes the 5 step in the process - it's pretty sweet. on the other hand, my ageha's always avg, 400-600 while i've busted out some 700+ on occasion. i rarely ever ws above 100tp if i can help it and neither do i always use a hagun. i got the 93dmg keit which i use on almost everything unless i'm /thf but as we know, TP doesn't mod ageha's dmg, only the duration of DEF down.

i remember when i was working on the keit's last trial which i did in an abyssea pt on frogs in la theine. i'd take all the intense soothing then 5 step a frog. i was rarely able to get the light to proc cause everything else pwnt em so hard. my yuki ALWAYS busted 1.1k when i did em. just something i noticed. and i missed a lot which pissed me off >.>
 Lakshmi.Naveyah
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Naveyah 2010-08-13 05:21:40  
Ragnarok.Erikthecleric said:
Leviathan.Nuin said:

Most BRD don't use Requiem because seemingly 75% of monsters in game /RESIST/ it. I use it everytime I can, aside from merit pts (its a waste of a spell to cast every mob, when you could be buffing, or pulling another mob), mobs I know that resist, and mobs I know that will be slept repeatedly.

not entirely true, if you have a good enfeeble set, there is nothing that can really hold you back with that song, aside from salvage in ZR if you go in on a day where the frogs will resist you regardless.

It's just a shitty spell, and the +12078 horn does pretty much nothing for you.