フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » Lu Shang <=> Ebisu
Lu Shang <=> Ebisu
 Fenrir.Elytonas
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Elytonas
By Fenrir.Elytonas 2010-07-02 07:38:31  
Hello!

My question is: Will you catch more fishes if you got an Ebisu Rod or is the only difference between these two Rod's that Lu Shang can break?
Because it's a pain to get a Ebisu and since I can repair my Lu Shang I don't care when it breaks.

Thanks in advance!
 Fairy.Spence
サーバ: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-07-02 07:39:46  
It can be a huge pain to get the ebisu, but it is faaaaaaaaaaaar better than Lu shangs in terms of catching legendary fish (fish that can/will break your Lu shangs often.)
 Alexander.Foulspawn
サーバ: Alexander
user: Foulspawn
By Alexander.Foulspawn 2010-07-02 12:26:17  
I have been trying to get Ebisu and so far I am 1/440 Lik and 0/700 Gugs. Good Luck if you still want to get it! I can not give up on it now but I know others have been much luckier than myself.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Rawkhawk
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Rawkhawk 2010-07-02 13:30:27  
Outside of catching legendary fish for the Ebisu, do fishers normally target them? Lv37 fisher here, once in a while I get on a kick and fish for a week or so, but always just figured Lu Shangs would be enough for me.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-02 15:21:43  
Yes you can catch more. Before the update to make ebisu "better" I was catching 220 everyday. Now it's usually like 204 to 220 seems to depend a bit on what fish I target and if I stick with one or multiple.

It also reels in faster. Like I've caught gugrusaurus with normal bait no rings if I get lucky.

As far as targeting legendaries goes. Depending on servers and how things going selling the fish for ebisus can be profittable. Same goes with ryuga titans. Also if I can ever figure out how to get a better catch rate with matsya that might be good.

Also you get to sell your lu shangs!
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-07-02 15:25:34  
It boils down to this really. Do you bot? If yes, shangs is fine. If no, ebisu rocks.

Know a guy that has 4 accounts he bot fishes with and has 4 Lu shangs. He makes a fortune, but he also cheats.
 Quetzalcoatl.Chewwwy
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: chewwster
By Quetzalcoatl.Chewwwy 2010-07-02 15:26:06  
Fish botting is cheating? ;)
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Chewwwy
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: chewwster
By Quetzalcoatl.Chewwwy 2010-07-02 15:26:18  
I thought it was mandatory
[+]
 Fenrir.Elytonas
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Elytonas
By Fenrir.Elytonas 2010-07-02 18:51:31  
Thanks for the answers so far!
Gave it a try last time and went fishing with my Lu and the Ring and got 3 Gugrusaurus in 2 hours. That'd be (if the wiki-statistic is right) a 15% chance for 1/2 keyitems in 20 hours fishing Q_Q.

But I think I'll give it another try if I can catch the legendary fishes more often/easier with the Ebisu
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-02 18:53:59  
I gave up trying to catch gugru. Even with 2 lu shangs it was taking to long. So I'd just fish for money then use that money to buy gugrus. Ironically right after I got ebisu they stopped selling and I really doubt me and the 3-4 other buyers all got the rod at the same time.

Oh and I wouldn't even bother to run odds on this. People have gone 1/1 on both and people have gone over 1k on both
 Sylph.Maruraba
user: Maruraba
By Sylph.Maruraba 2010-07-02 20:11:01  
The Albatross ring from Pirate's Chest is quite helpful for extending time w/ regular meatballs for catching gugrusaurus, and if the Penguin Ring is giving you problems, there's an equal, if not better ring to be gained from MMM's fishing maze called Seagull Ring. I'd advise getting that, since it runs on guild support, not charges.
 Siren.Sinneloa
サーバ: Siren
user: Sinneloa
By Siren.Sinneloa 2010-07-04 19:52:27  
Just levled to 60.0 and seems its time to get my moat carp count going again. Im happy I have 1469 cause considerably less time to invest into fishing up that many. Only 8531 to go.
 Gilgamesh.Warezkid
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Warezkid
By Gilgamesh.Warezkid 2010-07-04 23:30:10  
Ebisu can catch more fish then the cap allows, cap is 200 so far ive seen it go as high as 216 fish per day but my skill isnt capped yet.
 Leviathan.Dubont
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-07-04 23:45:01  
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
Do you bot?
Hello =D
[+]
 Sylph.Rawkhawk
By Sylph.Rawkhawk 2010-07-15 15:26:55  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
I gave up trying to catch gugru. Even with 2 lu shangs it was taking to long. So I'd just fish for money then use that money to buy gugrus. Ironically right after I got ebisu they stopped selling and I really doubt me and the 3-4 other buyers all got the rod at the same time. Oh and I wouldn't even bother to run odds on this. People have gone 1/1 on both and people have gone over 1k on both

I'm still a low level fisher catching Moat Carps for my Lu Shangs.. although I'm temped to grab these and maybe got 1/1 on each XD.

How funny would it be finishing getting carps (to sell rod obv) with a Ebisu...
 Bismarck.Nevill
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2010-07-19 21:06:44  
Sylph.Rawkhawk said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
I gave up trying to catch gugru. Even with 2 lu shangs it was taking to long. So I'd just fish for money then use that money to buy gugrus. Ironically right after I got ebisu they stopped selling and I really doubt me and the 3-4 other buyers all got the rod at the same time. Oh and I wouldn't even bother to run odds on this. People have gone 1/1 on both and people have gone over 1k on both
I'm still a low level fisher catching Moat Carps for my Lu Shangs.. although I'm temped to grab these and maybe got 1/1 on each XD. How funny would it be finishing getting carps (to sell rod obv) with a Ebisu...

You have to have a key item that requires (correct me if I am wrong) lvl 78 fishing.

And, for anyone wanting comparison, I am currently 1/97 on Lik (consider myself lucky on that one) and 0/27 on Gugru.

Ninja Edit: Editing this to show my sheer luck! I am now 1/48 on Gugru!
 Sylph.Rawkhawk
By Sylph.Rawkhawk 2010-07-20 13:34:50  
Bismarck.Nevill said:
Sylph.Rawkhawk said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
I'm still a low level fisher catching Moat Carps for my Lu Shangs.. although I'm temped to grab these and maybe got 1/1 on each XD. How funny would it be finishing getting carps (to sell rod obv) with a Ebisu...
You have to have a key item that requires (correct me if I am wrong) lvl 78 fishing. And, for anyone wanting comparison, I am currently 1/97 on Lik (consider myself lucky on that one) and 0/27 on Gugru.

Yea to get the Key Item you need to be high level, but if I ended up getting both items I wouldn't be worried about getting a lu shangs to sell it and start leveling up ASAP. Truthfully I'd probably just buy the carps I still needed. I'm 0/6 on each at this point, and starting to rethink my genius idea..

Going back to working on Lu Shangs and will worry about Ebisu later.