users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » New Stoneskin Questions
New Stoneskin Questions
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-08-07 01:06:58  
Aquaveil is about as hard to get off under fire as ss is, if you have it up sure, but it wears randomly so a double attack could have a chance to interrupt you. Yeah, 15 skill isn't that much but I'll take any bit I can get when it means winning or loosing, also not a fan of wearing -vit gear even if the diff is minimal.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-07 01:09:51  
Meh I don't stoneskin under fire. In the time it takes me to get said stoneskin off I could've cured myself fully. I'd rather cast it in pdt anyways if I'm taking dmg

Or better yet I could've grav, sleep, bind, stun whatever
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-07 01:10:18  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Me too, nobody can hold hate to save their lives in an Abyssea party, Aquaveil is <3
Come to Fenrir and party with my BLU/RDM! I assure you hate will not be an issue =P
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
For rdm af1 legs add exactly as much as mahatma. However mahatma is useful for cures, nukes, and enfeebles and good be full timed.

Anyways as a taru rdm/blm nekkid I am 22 mind away from capping stoneskin and I have the lowest mind I a rdm/mage can get I think. That's not much since I more or less full time 22 mnd in the form of mahatma legs, witch sash, prism cape, goliard feet and bugard strap+1.

Enhancing skill improves your spell interruption rate for the spell which is pretty damn useful, I use AF because I'd rather get the spell off.
http://www.ffxiah.com/search/item?&jobs[]=32&description=spell%20interruption%20rate%20down#adv
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-07 01:13:38  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Me too, nobody can hold hate to save their lives in an Abyssea party, Aquaveil is <3
Come to Fenrir and party with my BLU/RDM! I assure you hate will not be an issue =P
I'm too scared to come /rdm. I die fast with my lol taru hp and usually crappy or lack of healers.

Not like I don't keep decent hate without trying to at least 1/2 the time anyways on blu lol. Took me awhile to realize why I kept getting hate unexpectantly when I hardly did anything. The new refresh and haste pull rather large amounts especially with diffusion. Like overall 1/2 a provoke per target lol.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-07 01:14:21  
I should lol, know a lot people there anyways! I only know like, 1 good BLU on Ifrit :/
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-07 01:15:09  
OH yeah a blu friend of mine went to fenrir just like 3 days ago
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-07 01:15:51  
Aye, 320 CE each. Nice when I'm tanking since I can buff and generate hate at the same time, not so much when DDing.

I only go with LS peeps or friends, which pretty much guarantees me a competent healer. Only way I'd do pickups was if I was leeching a job.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-07 01:18:06  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
I should lol, know a lot people there anyways! I only know like, 1 good BLU on Ifrit :/
Do eet!

There's not many more than that here :x Could probably count the ones I know on one hand.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-07 01:19:52  
Yeah I only know a couple of people that do it that I trust and make groups but they often get some pickup people... which would often probably put me on healer due to lack of competent ones lol
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-07 01:22:39  
We get pickup peeps as well (small LS), but nearly everyone in the shell has a healer job so we've always got a member or two on healing duty. At this point they're kind of used to mostly curing me :x
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-07 01:23:19  
Lucky. Not like I really need more merits lol
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-07 01:24:23  
2-3 jobs on the way up, preemptive weapon and magic meriting gogo! Besides, I want a *** refresh hairpin and some dark rings :x
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-07 01:26:56  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
2-3 jobs on the way up, preemptive weapon and magic meriting gogo! Besides, I want a *** refresh hairpin and some dark rings :x
Yeah though you aren't using blu then so meh... plus got most my merits by now.

I'd love me those items to but pretty much everyone here only does the canyon. It's friggin lame as hell. Though the small group I'm with is starting to do gold chest farming in the highlands. But with just a little over a pt it's kinda slow getting stuff.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-07 01:29:24  
I get merits on BLU then use my merits on 75/80 jobs that have those skills. I'm basically BLU or leeching lately for EXP lol.

I'd basically be done with merits too but hey, that's what turning your jobs spread on its head does for you. Looking forward to some fresh air though.

I convinced my shell to try bugards a while back and it went beautifully, they haven't gone back to Tahrongi since. Being able to build ruby light naturally does so much for your EXP/hr and I can build amber via Sanguine Blade.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-07 01:32:34  
Yeah idk bugards were ok I guess. But couldn't get TEs fast enough with only 9 to keep us in. And I don't have many 75+s. And less merits that are useful to me... though maybe I'll take diffusion up to 5 and be a more support blu sometimes
 Siren.Catabolic
サーバ: Siren
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-08-07 09:31:58  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
I suppose. Not like 15 skill is going to help all that much lol.

Besides who cast stoneskin while getting hit for dmg?

The rdm's who enjoy to melee :)