Dumb Fishing Questions...

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » Dumb Fishing questions...
Dumb Fishing questions...
 Leviathan.Willoflame
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Willoflame 2010-07-12 04:13:49  
Alright, so I just start Fishing up for like the 4th time now, and I'm hooked (pun intended). I read some guides and I especially like the Freshwater Skillup guide on wiki. I guess I will ask my questions in bullet form.

*Does the 200fish/day cap apply for all fishing levels?
*Does the day reset on JP midnight?
*Let's say a fish caps at 50, my raw skill is 48, but I have +4 in gear, will I still get skillups on that fish?
*How long does it take to get from 1-100? (Assuming I catch 200 per day)
*Should I buy my Lu Shang's?
*When does Fishing get profitable?

I really like the idea of Fishing... It seems to me that it's an industry that won't die, due to the fact that fish => food, and everyone needs food at some point in time.
 Asura.Israfel
サーバ: Asura
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2010-07-12 04:18:50  
Fishing is profitable from level one! /dance~

Yes, the 200 fish limit applies to all levels~

The day does indeed reset at Japanese midnight~!

You can get skillups on a fish as long as the fish is above your current fishing level. So you can get skillups on a level 70 fish at lv30, provided that you can reel it in or even get a bite.

1-100 can take anything from like 7 months to a year and a half, maybe even more. But the main thing here is it can get very wearying fishing for hours each day so the chances of you actually sitting there day in/ day out for 200 fish is slim ; ;. A level a day is a great goal^^.

If you can get lu shangs, get it ^^ You could sell fish to pay for the rod, and it will pay for itself over and over again in the long run ^^~~~

Going to PM you a little guide I wrote too incase you need extra ideas for fish -_o~~
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
サーバ: Sylph
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-07-12 04:20:18  
1) Yes, 200fish/day is at all skill levels unless you get an Ebisu Rod, then you can catch 210-220 fish.

2) The day does reset on JP midnight

3) You will still get skill ups even with +skill gear

4) Its hard to say, if you fish the cove you can go from 0-96 there with Lu Shangs. Merc cap at 86 so around then your skill ups will die off a lot because only catching dils will give you skill ups. From there 96-100 will all be unstackable fish so it can take awhile.

5) Id say yes. Lu Shangs makes fishing a lot easier and if you are in a rush to get to 100 id get it asap

6) Depends. If you are using Lu Shangs, it wont get profitable until you pay that back. If you fish the cove and NPC all your fish, you will pull in around 130,000 per day. If you have cooking you can make more of a profit if you take the time to turn Dils into Sole Sushi. You can also go to Qufim and fish up Squids and Black Soles and make Squid Sushi and Sole Sushi.
[+]
 Leviathan.Willoflame
By Leviathan.Willoflame 2010-07-12 04:21:13  
Asura.Israfel said:
Fishing is profitable from level one! /dance~

Yes, the 200 fish limit applies to all levels~

The day does indeed reset at Japanese midnight~!

You can get skillups on a fish as long as the fish is above your current fishing level. So you can get skillups on a level 70 fish at lv30, provided that you can reel it in or even get a bite.

1-100 can take anything from like 7 months to a year and a half, maybe even more. But the main thing here is it can get very wearying fishing for hours each day so the chances of you actually sitting there day in/ day out for 200 fish is slim ; ;. A level a day is a great goal^^.

If you can get lu shangs, get it ^^ You could sell fish to pay for the rod, and it will pay for itself over and over again in the long run ^^~~~

Going to PM you a little guide I wrote too incase you need extra ideas for fish -_o~~

Thanks Israfel, I've been pulling in fish and giving them to my wife so she can skill up cooking. At what level do you think I should get the Lu Shang's?
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-07-12 04:22:03  
I always see people say to not get Lu Shangs till 50ish but I say if you can afford it, get it asap as it makes things a lot easier.
[+]
 Asura.Israfel
By Asura.Israfel 2010-07-12 04:23:27  
I got mine really early on, but it's not a necessity as such until you hit the 50's.
It really is a great rod though, so try to grab it as soon as possible ^^
[+]
 Leviathan.Willoflame
By Leviathan.Willoflame 2010-07-12 04:26:12  
Hmmm, ok. I'll wait until I'm level 30 then and see if I still like fishing by then :P

Another question:

I play on PC, so when fishing I press the 4 and 6 keys on the number pad. Is it best to hold them down, or rapidly tap them?
 Phoenix.Darki
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-12 04:30:31  
hold them down
 Phoenix.Crimsontears
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Crimsontears 2010-07-12 04:35:15  
Leviathan.Willoflame said:
Hmmm, ok. I'll wait until I'm level 30 then and see if I still like fishing by then :P

Another question:

I play on PC, so when fishing I press the 4 and 6 keys on the number pad. Is it best to hold them down, or rapidly tap them?

Either or works.
Rapid tapping usually makes it easier to recover from a mistake when reeling in. So whichever really works for you, I saw do that.

Also, I'd suggest Lu shangs as early as you can afford it. This guide here is really good(but its a bit outdated): http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=24;mid=1111740020415258220;num=235;page=1

Most people will say 50+ Lu shangs, but its just easier to have it as soon as you can obtain it. I've made millions just NPCing my catches, that was taking into account after gettin my money back from the 2.2M i paid for my Lu shangs rod.

As soon as you hit The Mhaura and Selbina Ferry is really where you make the $$$. Unfortunatly, Lu shangs makes it much easier to reel in fish and prevent rod breaks to an extent. Legendary fish on the boat will still break your Lu shangs unfortunatly. Just release all ???'s if thats the case, but its where the real money starts IMO.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-12 05:12:56  
Back when I skilled up I'd get around 1-2 lvls everyday using kida's guide for the most part.

If you get a Pelican Ring it will pretty much double
[+]
 Leviathan.Scorch
By Leviathan.Scorch 2010-07-12 09:41:00  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Back when I skilled up I'd get around 1-2 lvls everyday using kida's guide for the most part.

Have a high level fishing friend catch you a fish to win the contest for one of these rings. Oh, and I hope you're not catching these fish manually.
 Alexander.Temaruma
サーバ: Alexander
user: Temarumaz
By Alexander.Temaruma 2010-07-12 09:45:56  
Leviathan.Scorch said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

Have a high level fishing friend catch you a fish to win the contest for one of these rings. Oh, and I hope you're not catching these fish manually.

What
 Leviathan.Scorch
By Leviathan.Scorch 2010-07-12 09:49:34  
Alexander.Temaruma said:
Leviathan.Scorch said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

What

If you honestly don't know what I mean, I feel sorry for you.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-12 10:25:34  
Depends on the fish.

If it's something easy to catch and get too good luck. Like one time it was gigant squid. I caught over 300 hundred and turned in the best one and only got 25th place.

If it's something a bit harder or annoying to catch it will be alot easier. Like another time it was sea zombie. I bought like 5 off the ah turned in the highest one and got 16th place. Mind you only 16 people entered lol.

It's weird though since I see alot of the same names on the list of people who entered each time. I mean just how many rings do you need? Personally I only did the competetion twice because from lvl 30 when I started fishing again to lvl 100 there was only 2 competetions
[+]
 Alexander.Foulspawn
user: Foulspawn
By Alexander.Foulspawn 2010-07-12 10:40:22  
Pretty sure Scorch thinks everyone should be cheating? I fish a lot, I have even reeled in Gugs before and I am still in low 80's skill. I do not cheat. I use the fishing rings for help though. I know Dubont always said he used a bot and now is banned. Why do people think they need to cheat at this game????
[+]
 Leviathan.Scorch
By Leviathan.Scorch 2010-07-12 10:41:57  
Alexander.Foulspawn said:
Pretty sure Scorch thinks everyone should be cheating? I fish a lot, I have even reeled in Gugs before and I am still in low 80's skill. I do not cheat. I use the fishing rings for help though. I know Dubont always said he used a bot and now is banned. Why do people think they need to cheat at this game????

Pressing two buttons is nothing to be proud of.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-07-12 10:46:16  
Why do people think their bitching about 'cheaters' is going do a damned thing?

Not that I do, but it still bugs me to see people constantly complaining about it, it's been going on since the game was released pretty much, and it'll be going til the end..
[+]
 Alexander.Foulspawn
user: Foulspawn
By Alexander.Foulspawn 2010-07-12 10:52:14  
All I am saying is I can do it without using a bot. I asked why people think they need to cheat? Where do I *** about people cheating? If you get banned then it is your fault. Just stating facts.
[+]
 Asura.Israfel
By Asura.Israfel 2010-07-12 11:06:04  
Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Why do people think their bitching about 'cheaters' is going do a damned thing?

Not that I do, but it still bugs me to see people constantly complaining about it, it's been going on since the game was released pretty much, and it'll be going til the end..

Complaining about cheaters generally does nothing, but one still has the right to be against cheating, right~? Put it down to personal preference or whatever.

The worst part of it is when cheaters come in and then chastise you for not doing the same.

I don't know about you guys, but I'd rather hit those two~three buttons and not get banned instead of having a program fish for me ;)
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-07-12 11:14:01  
Dubont wasn't banned for botting though.

To each their own though.
[+]
 Leviathan.Scorch
By Leviathan.Scorch 2010-07-12 11:22:44  
All I am saying is I can do it without using a bot. I asked why people think they need to cheat? Where do I *** about people cheating? If you get banned then it is your fault. Just stating facts.

That's why you don't afk.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-07-12 11:53:24  
At this point in the game, botting happens. There's nothing anybody can do by coming here and complaining about it but it won't help to come in here and beat on somebody for choosing not to do it if that's how they play. It's his money and it's not a party activity so not effecting anyone else if he doesn't do it your way.
[+]