Game: FFXI
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-07-16 02:04:10  
Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Leviathan.Sedda said:
Caitsith.Neonracer said:
Wear what you want to, I really hate how ppl dictate to you how you play, Tell them to go *** off and stick their opinions......

^ *agrees*

Quite frankly I've adopted this 'you don't like how I play go sit on a stick' attitude. I play to have fun. If you are going to gripe or whatever at me for doing that..well then my friend..you've lost sight of the fact that this is a game and it's meant to have fun.

In short... wear what you want. Have fun. Screw what people say.

Why is it only gimps say this? A level 75 rdm in level 54 NQ int 3 ring. There's no excuse for that. Fine, if you don't have gil NQ is fine, but to have under level gear... Not to mention that Jet serawheels are same price as mahatma slops and mahatma have better stats.

How do you get a decent 6hit with full perle on is my question? Without gimping yourself severely. The haste is nice, but sam need more than brutal and rajas stp to get their 6hit.

My complaint with perle on sam was always the 6 hit, not the stats.

Rose/brutal/rajas/atillas

...........Cause why not? >.> just go get haidate.

I have them, was asking why ppl are defending full perle on sam when it *** 6hit. Even w/o BH, you can still use perle legs and other ***for a proper 6hit.

PLM may be a different story, I never really use it on sam if i'm meriting on birds ill just use my drg, so maybe PLM can get 6hit with full perle, but in general I see it as horrible for sam.

Wasn't saying you didn't have them =o I was just saying it's not *that* hard to get BH.

Even then, losing out on 1-2% haste but maintaining a 6 hit does a lot more for your dmg ><

Edit: meaning I'm agreeing with you. Just emphasizing the point being made
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-16 02:06:04  
Leviathan.Revgrigor said:
How do you get a decent 6hit with full perle on is my question? Without gimping yourself severely. The haste is nice, but sam need more than brutal and rajas stp to get their 6hit.

My complaint with perle on sam was always the 6 hit, not the stats.

It really depends on what your using. If your using 450 you run into some trouble wearing full perle, but if you happen to be using one of the new 464 gks then its all good. Personally im working on http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Trial_1599 since I lack hagun and I can get this in about a day.

Considering the likelihood of BH getting added to magian, I would get a better GK rather than relying on that + full perle for a 6hit. I'm sure perle is a stepping stone and there will be a new, better set at 85+ that prolly even has stp.

Think ahead not this as the end. 2 more addons and 19 more levels with 19 more levels worth of gear.
 Cerberus.Godlyhank
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Godlyhank
By Cerberus.Godlyhank 2010-07-16 02:07:51  
Leviathan.Revgrigor said:
How do you get a decent 6hit with full perle on is my question? Without gimping yourself severely. The haste is nice, but sam need more than brutal and rajas stp to get their 6hit. My complaint with perle on sam was always the 6 hit, not the stats.
It really depends on what your using. If your using 450 you run into some trouble wearing full perle, but if you happen to be using one of the new 464 gks then its all good. Personally im working on http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Trial_1599 since I lack hagun and I can get this in about a day.
Considering the likelihood of BH getting added to magian, I would get a better GK rather than relying on that full perle for a 6hit. I'm sure perle is a stepping stone and there will be a new, better set at 85 that prolly even has stp. Think ahead not this as the end. 2 more addons and 19 more levels with 19 more levels worth of gear.
reason i say perle is because its EASY to get, i mean easy xD, at 90 i guarentee theyl be new set which will make these ones look stupid..... i mean look at the gear whats been released on a 5 lv rise :P
 Leviathan.Revgrigor
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Revgrigor
By Leviathan.Revgrigor 2010-07-16 02:09:56  
Im also working toward other magian weapons currently, but pretty sure im not going to be playing 11 much after september since 14 will be out so im not too worried about it all. Hopefully that lil explanation wont derail this thread into a 11vs14 thread.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-16 02:12:32  
I love the fact they made perle and drk/drg ppl in full AF can now get it and are no longer gimp on main armor set, also for BHless war.

I just hate to see gimp sams gimp their 6hit to use it. What makes me even angrier is the ones I know have BH using it....

Full perle ***on my ebody but im not mad, I just dont wanna see ppl gimp themselves when they are giving the opportunity to get cheap ***and make themselves better.
 Sylph.Kimble
サーバ: Sylph
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-07-16 02:17:07  
Brutal/Rajas/Rose Strap/and either chiv chain or Ecphoria Ring will give you 6 hit.

You would WS in Brutal/Rajas/Rose Strap and you can take off chiv chain/Ecphoria Ring during WS and keep 6 hit.

So you can easily use full Perle on SAM and keep a proper 6 hit.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-16 02:26:17  
Sylph.Kimble said:
Brutal/Rajas/Rose Strap/and either chiv chain or Ecphoria Ring will give you 6 hit.

You would WS in Brutal/Rajas/Rose Strap and you can take off chiv chain/Ecphoria Ring during WS and keep 6 hit.

So you can easily use full Perle on SAM and keep a proper 6 hit.

You have to ask yourself though, out of the sams wearing full perle how many of them have the sense to use those? Considering they don't have BH i'm going to say very, very few. You got me though. You can get a 6hit, and i'm just nitpicking but regardless, you have to admit my above points are generally going to be true.

Was the retard earlier(idr name) who said full perle = same haste as BH/turban/usufeet/dusk sams ever corrected? That's 1% less with full perle on.

Anyway, what's been said has been said, get a 6hit, or gtfo. Whether its with BH or with perle.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-07-16 02:29:33  
Meh, I have usu body, feet, byakkos so Perle doesn't really matter that much to me. :P

(expect boots, I still need to get a pair for WS)
 Cerberus.Godlyhank
By Cerberus.Godlyhank 2010-07-16 02:29:38  
Now if your privilaged enought to have usu gear AND BH etc etc perle is obsolete xD
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-07-16 02:34:46  
And, I understand your point, but who knows, maybe one of those full Perle SAMs without byakkos will glance at this thread and see what they need to make a 6 hit and go for it. :P
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-16 02:36:06  
Sylph.Kimble said:
And, I understand your point, but who knows, maybe one of those full Perle SAMs without byakkos will glance at this thread and see what they need to make a 6 hit and go for it. :P

I admire your optimism, yet pity you for the fact you think ppl still have common sense like that these days. XD
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-07-16 02:38:26  
Sylph.Kimble said:

I admire your optimism, yet pity you for the fact you think ppl still have common sense like that these days. XD

There's a person that I know who everyone supports him and his sam and being awesome.... and he has a 7 hit. A.... lot of people think of him highly as a sam. People are morons ><
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-16 02:39:39  
Bahamut.Serj said:
Sylph.Kimble said:

There's a person that I know who everyone supports him and his sam and being awesome.... and he has a 7 hit. A.... lot of people think of him highly as a sam. People are morons ><

Friendship is nice, but blind.
 Cerberus.Godlyhank
By Cerberus.Godlyhank 2010-07-16 02:40:43  
Bahamut.Serj said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
I do agree there, 6 hits are lush, but a powerfull dmg 7 hit which is swiftly done with a powerfull WS is also good :P
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-16 02:44:08  
Cerberus.Godlyhank said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
I do agree there, 6 hits are lush, but a powerfull dmg 7 hit which is swiftly done with a powerfull WS is also good :P

I've never seen a 7hit build with more powerful stats on it than a 6hit. Aside from a few more str, a few atk, a few acc, not all but one of those. You won;t build a monster 7hit unless it's with some akward GK idk about with lower delay than 450, which still prolly uses stp gear to keep it at 7hit. XD
 Cerberus.Godlyhank
By Cerberus.Godlyhank 2010-07-16 02:46:14  
Cerberus.Godlyhank said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
I've never seen a 7hit build with more powerful stats on it than a 6hit. Aside from a few more str, a few atk, a few acc, not all but one of those. You won;t build a monster 7hit unless it's with some akward GK idk about with lower delay than 450, which still prolly uses stp gear to keep it at 7hit. XD
Yea i guess, :P, get the trial weapon with store tp + sorted hahaa
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-07-16 02:47:10  
Hacchonenbutsu Dangozashi

Only reason to use it is because of it's awesomely long name.
 Cerberus.Godlyhank
By Cerberus.Godlyhank 2010-07-16 02:47:55  
Bahamut.Serj said:
Hacchonenbutsu Dangozashi Only reason to use it is because of it's awesomely long name.
My god, tht is a long name O.o longest in ffxi? :P
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-07-16 02:55:25  
Cerberus.Godlyhank said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Hacchonenbutsu Dangozashi Only reason to use it is because of it's awesomely long name.
My god, tht is a long name O.o longest in ffxi? :P

I think so lol.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10