RDM Campaign Question

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » RDM Campaign question
RDM Campaign question
By Helix 2010-07-15 13:28:56  
I'm looking to finish leveling my rdm in campaign now. My Bst is exp capped for 81, fully merited and skill capped and I'm ready to do another job.

My rdm is lvl 65 and I'm just bored with backlining in one spot for hours in conventional parties. I enjoy campaigns so I thought this was a logical place to xp. Magic skills are close to capped but not capped, weapon skills are ...LOL! (I plan on keeping magic skills close to cap doing besieged...weapon skills I wasn't really gonna sweat till i got to 75 or so)

Any suggestions? Gear wise I suck, I have dropped a fortune of time and gil on bst but little has gone into rdm.
 Fenrir.Luarania
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-15 13:34:47  
Umm, if you can find a friend to tank for you let them gimp themselves defensive wise and spam cure them, most WHMs I let do this to me walk away with 1-2k exp from just curing, so if you melee while thats going on and maybe take a hit or two should come out ok.

Or if you wanna be brave keep RR up, yank a mob and solo it. From looking at it damage reduction gear doesn't seem to mess with the exp you receive from taking damage, and I have not seen anything saying otherwise. Stoneskin, not to sure of. My best advice for soloing is to gear up and eat defense foods and just hold out for as long as you can, you'll be getting into the damage taken, damage given, and healing categories, plus being RDM you can enfeeble for a little more exp.

That's about all that comes to mind really. I'm assuming you downloaded that plugin from Sev so try that too and just do what you can.
By Helix 2010-07-15 13:39:21  
Duh...I guess I should have asked a question! I have done a few as rdm and tho I am just learning how the campaign battle exp works, I'm a little confused. Ex: I'll do a glacier fight and it will last say 30-45 mins and I'll get 2500 to 2800 exp. I'll do another one and it doesn't seem I'm working any less and I'll get 1500...>.<

I'll heal, raise, enfeeble and occasionally nuke, I only draw the staff to get the auto-attack points, not to actually engage.

The question is... does anyone have a routine that is generally consistent on xp returns for their rdm?
By Helix 2010-07-15 13:40:33  
Oh and thanks
 Fenrir.Luarania
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-15 13:47:33  
Ahhh I see. I don't do RDM, but PLD is a little bit close to it. I believe at 65 I was.. soloing imps for about 1-2k depending on how many I could kill off, or if I could get RR fighting a mob till I wiped for about.. 1.5k, but I do believe I was in... Emblems, somewhere about the middle ranks so exp wasn't that great to what I could have been getting.

Umm only thing that comes to mind is time maybe? (didn't mention if they were roughly the same length battles) I'm not really in a good thinking mood, been up for well over 24 hours now burning out trials x.x;
 Ramuh.Whypaul
サーバ: Ramuh
user: whypaul
By Ramuh.Whypaul 2010-07-15 13:49:39  
I roll rdm/blu for CB. with a haste/acc/pdt set. All i do is melee, haste myself, and then end up getting hate. Obviously this was before the update. If i'm not tanking i haste the tank if its a PLD or NIN then 9 times out of 10 i get a tell asking me to join their group and i obviously accept.

Curing, Raising, and giving randomers haste when you feel like its helpful. And certainly enfeebing monsters that your not attacking but obviously has sufficient hate on somebody else is always a good idea.

I've tried CB as the "back line" rdm and to tell you the truth. It doesn't work. Just get stuck in RDM have all the defensive capabilities to survive in CB. and if you dont feel as though you can survive as much at your level, just grab RR or go /whm.

Oh yeah for CB i've always tended to use Spirits Within when i'm not /blu.. just because it has consistant damage if your HP isn't half bad and is full.
 Phoenix.Darki
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-15 13:59:49  
Nothing much you can do at 65 you will still get raped in campaign if you try and do something other than healing/buffing etc.

Considering your enf magic is low, sleepga to cap some xp is a bad idea probably going to get resisted a lot and die.

XP will be slow but if you enjoy it go for it, and go /whm to have a safe RR at level 65.

though when you hit 75 I do hear RDM/WAR is a good combo.
[+]
By Helix 2010-07-15 14:02:12  
Well the few I have done has been /whm doing the backline thing and basically sticking with a light staff for +5% cures. I have a sword, but it's usually a "whiffga fest" if I draw it out... No...seriously.

I'll try it some more, It's just embarrassing "Helix misses the <t>..."Helix Misses the <t>"..."Helix hits the <t> for 0 pts damage"....lol...>.>
 Phoenix.Darki
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-15 14:04:13  
at 65 you're really kind of weak for trying that, specially if you're low level...wait till 70? and try soloing some crabs in the tree to cap skills, so you change the way you do campaign to a more melee style.
 Sylph.Kimble
サーバ: Sylph
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-07-15 14:06:47  
Best bet for you is to try and get into a BLM burn on Tigers in Xarcabard [ s]. I think 65 is around the level they sync to as well.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [40 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Heithem
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Heithem
By Carbuncle.Heithem 2010-08-25 02:03:29  
actually fight in CB. look at my gear. I never did and I put together this set for the soul propose of tanking in CB.
go rdm/war or rdm/nin.
 Bismarck.Rellz
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Relleum
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-08-25 02:10:52  
RDM/WAR would still have trouble keeping hate off heavy dds RDM/NIN tbh is waste of shihei and u dont get exp for having shadows absorb dnc. RDM/DNC is quite good because u can get dual wield still aspir samba for more mp and use tp to cure urself to not use mp so fast as well as other benefit. Not saying u shouldnt use the subs Heithem said but /DNC seems to work the best for me
as Heithem said you should actually fight in campaign maybe cure other players for the extra xp for curing.
(Although this thread was necroed and you prolly have it 80 now)
 Cerberus.Eugene
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2010-08-25 03:28:11  
Fenrir.Luarania said:
Umm, if you can find a friend to tank for you.
Wrong.
Fenrir.Luarania said:

Or if you wanna be brave keep RR up, yank a mob and solo it.

Reraise. Pro V. Shell IV. Composure. Stoneskin, Phalanx, Enspell1 of day of week, haste, refresh. Aquaveil, blink, regen, and Ice spikes if you want. Slow 2 on mob (para2 if needed). Run away from people with mob. Keep composure on and solo mob down. With mele refreshing buffs when needed,

Recommended Joyeuse/ Blau main, genbus shield off. Even a poorly geared rdm/whm can solo any of the nq mobs as long as 50 ppl aren't on it spamming it with tp. Don't need shadows, don't need dual wield. rr is good in event of random dude trainin mobs on you or rng widescans you and puts 50 ppl on a mob at 60% health, causing tp spam.

Again you don't need good gear. I solo in pure refresh gear cuz awesome. if soloing and run low on mp, turn around, sleep mob, and convert.