フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Beastmaster as a sub job
Beastmaster as a sub job
 Bahamut.Ashua
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ashua
By Bahamut.Ashua 2010-07-21 00:38:53  
Hey, Bst's.

I'm trying to use Bst as a sub to tank mobs in order for my DRK to skill up. I know that charm and all is affected by BST main level (mine is 75), and charming isnt a problem, but enmity is a major problem.

I checked all of the various armors that have -enmity and DRK can only equip like 2 of them...

Anyways, I went to sky, charmed a bird, and started killing elements. I get hate way, way, way too easily. I have gimped my gear, including using a lv 18 great sword. Elements barely take melee damage as it is and I let the pet get 100% tp before I engage, and I still get melee hate in 1-2 swings.

I havn't touched bst in probably 6 months. (I just came back to the game). Any suggestions how to do this? Why is enmity such an issue for /bst compared to bst main???
 Valefor.Angeluzun
サーバ: Valefor
user: Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2010-07-21 07:42:21  
In general pets are hard pressed to keep hate from 2handed weapons. Only one that comes to mind is Scorpions in Ifrit's Cauldron, they might be able to tank for you but dunno if your up to going to that extent for pet tanking for skill ups.

easiest solution I can offer is sub dnc and call it a day
 Unicorn.Idevlboy
サーバ: Unicorn
user: idevlboy
By Unicorn.Idevlboy 2010-07-21 08:06:12  
Need to find the thread about it again... But there is a way to get "free skill ups" in the past in Castle Z. There is a fortification that you can just afk and whack away at to get your skills. Try to find the absolute lowest dmg weapon you can. Set up at max melee distance and you will not get aggro from any mobs. There are only 4 of these fortifications so you just have to get lucky enough to find one unclaimed but once you got it just engage and forget about it for a few hours.

There was a thread about that a while back. People were saying they were skilling from 1-180+ in 1 round with 1DMG weapons. Not sure how high they will allow you too skill to tho.
 Unicorn.Jewkitten
user: Jewkitten
By Unicorn.Jewkitten 2010-07-21 08:10:02  
the fortalice's cap at lv75 skill
 Unicorn.Idevlboy
user: idevlboy
By Unicorn.Idevlboy 2010-07-21 08:24:58  
Unicorn.Jewkitten said:

Well there you go! Effortless skill ups that can be done while you sleep all the way up 75. Then just get an abyssea group to cap your skills to 80.
 Midgardsormr.Soki
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2010-07-21 09:09:16  
word
Unicorn.Idevlboy said:
Unicorn.Jewkitten said:

Well there you go! Effortless skill ups that can be done while you sleep all the way up 75. Then just get an abyssea group to cap your skills to 80.

word, getting to is is hard though, no one is ever in the zone and all the demons outside the castle are true sight
 Sylph.Priy
サーバ: Sylph
user: jarredpoe
By Sylph.Priy 2010-07-21 09:32:00  
The demons are not true sight but the Taurus' are. They are very easily avoidable though and not many of them.
 Bahamut.Ashua
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ashua
By Bahamut.Ashua 2010-07-21 13:22:12  
Yeah.. I that's nice to know about in Zvahl. Anyways, I am past lv 75, so too bad I can't use it.

About the scorpions in Ifrit's cauldron, I would do it but I dont think there are any em-T mobs to skill off of at lv 79.

Dancer sub is inefficient for DRK, as our tp build is somewhat slow. /BLU would be more effecient for wild carrot and cocoon. DRK take too much dmg from most EM+ mobs for curing waltz to keep up with.

Fortunately, sky elements are EM now and I can kill them even though the pet is a glorified enspell. Ty for your responses.