I NEED SOME HELP!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » I NEED SOME HELP!
I NEED SOME HELP!
 Siren.Taylanichi
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Taylanichi 2010-07-21 20:45:19  
Ok so I'm trying to break a mithran fishing rod since there's none on the ah.

I need it for the Opo Opo Crown quest. I just slimply can't break the damn thing.

Any suggestions? I'm level 1 fishing, fishing in Qufrim Island. I'm getting fish, but nothing is happening.

Please help lol.
 Siren.Clinpachi
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-07-21 20:46:05  
How you are actually catching the fish with level 1 fishing is beyond me... that ***shoulda broke a long time ago lol.
 Siren.Taylanichi
By Siren.Taylanichi 2010-07-21 20:46:41  
Siren.Clinpachi said:
How you are actually catching the fish with level 1 fishing is beyond me... that ***shoulda broke a long time ago lol.

ANd since you are sitting right next me, yeah, you're seeing this thing not breaking. GAH!
 Fenrir.Luarania
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-21 20:47:52  
Boat maybe? Been years since I fished. Sea Grotto comes to mind as well.
 Asura.Israfel
サーバ: Asura
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2010-07-21 20:50:35  
Fly lure in east ronfaure~~~ with minimal fishing skill it's pretty easy if you can reel in the salmon~

Um.. there's meatballs on the selbina ferry if you have a friend who can fish up titanictus, or meatballs in gusgen mines, the waterfall at gustaberg (have to run throuth the Wadi to reach it) and that's all I can think of off the top of my head ; ;

I hope this helps in your quest for rod...snappyness, Taylan!~!
 Asura.Clairxi
サーバ: Asura
user: elisexi
By Asura.Clairxi 2010-07-21 20:51:05  
Go fishing in kazham, that is where i broke my mithran fishing rod for that quest.
 Siren.Taylanichi
By Siren.Taylanichi 2010-07-21 20:53:33  
Asura.Clairxi said:
Go fishing in kazham, that is where i broke my mithran fishing rod for that quest.

Ok ty :)
 Siren.Taylanichi
By Siren.Taylanichi 2010-07-21 21:19:52  
Asura.Clairxi said:

what bait did oyu use?
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-07-22 00:29:33  
I haven't gotten to Mithran Fishing Rods yet, BUT I have a fail-proof method to break normal fishing rods.

Get a few stacks of Meatballs and go to one of the deep pools in Gusgen Mines ((F-G-6), (H-6), (I-6) on Map 3)--the pools where the NM ghosts with silly alliterative names are. Gavial Fish is the only type of fish in that pool and it can only be caught with a really strong pole (Composite, Ebisu, Lu Shang) and with that bait, so whenever you see the 3 really negative messages:

• "You are positive you don't have enough skill to reel this one in."

• "You have a bad feeling about this one."

• "You have a terrible feeling about this one."

then it's definitely a Gavial Fish and you can successfully pull it up like a regular fish, and--voila!--broken rod.

(And then if you try to fish again you get that silly little message that says, "You can't do that without a rod in your hands," and if you're a guy that's NOT THE ONLY THING--shutting up. :x)

G'luck ^^/

-edit- Oh, and you don't need fishing skill. I actually skilled up 0-3 this way, lol.
[+]
 Sylph.Mayeh
サーバ: Sylph
user: Mayeh
By Sylph.Mayeh 2010-07-23 13:18:42  
I broke them at the base of the waterfall in North Gustaberg (get there through Dangruff Wadi) using a meatball as bait. I think you may actually need decent fishing skill to break them here. If you can't hook the fish to break it here, ask someone with 50+ fishing to do it for you. While you are there break a bunch and put them up on the AH.