フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Red Mage and Teal set
Red Mage and Teal set
First Page 2
 Carbuncle.Kyhira
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Kyhira 2010-07-22 08:47:52  
Basically, which parts of the teal set is worth it? Or is it worth it to get the whole teal set for RDM?

It doesnt look too bad with decent INT & MND paired up with MACC and MP.

And the set fast cast bonus seems pretty nice too.

I'm just talking about the avarage cure/haste/refresh situation now, not when you have to land enfeebs on a lv 276 mob and have it last for 2.25 hours.

Thoughts?
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
サーバ: Sylph
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-07-22 08:50:44  
I personally only use the Body on RDM, for nukes.

You could use the feet for MND boost, like when you cast Stoneskin.

Head = crap for rdm
Hands = crap
Legs = Mahatma better for rdm nukes imo
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-22 08:52:33  
I wouldn't really use any of it over what I got for your situation.

Head nice for slow/para potency. And not bad for cures

Body is nice for nukes if you don't have morri

Hands crap.

Legs nuking only. Unless you got morri maybe.

feet ok for slow/para and curing if you dont have mahatma

The fast cast is more or less pointless for a rdm

Diabolos.Renavi
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Renavi
By Diabolos.Renavi 2010-07-22 08:54:25  
My opinion differs from Lotusbluete, I can find a place for each piece really.

Head - Slow/para/SS (Although I'd go w/ Warlock's Chapeau for SS if you can cap it.)
Body - Nukes
Hands - Slow/para(The M.acc is nice and you only lose like 2 MND from Devotee's)
Legs - Nukes
Feet - Slow/para/SS
 Carbuncle.Kyhira
By Carbuncle.Kyhira 2010-07-22 08:54:27  
I see, and I know mahatma and all that. I got them too. But I aksed about a regular cure/refresh/haste situation. I dont care to nuke on my rdm, if I want to nuke I go blm ^^

Lets face it, as a RDM you are more than likely to be asked to be haste/refresh *** in abyssea/exp and even in some EG situations.
 Diabolos.Renavi
By Diabolos.Renavi 2010-07-22 08:55:27  
Seems everyone else hates the hands. >_>;
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-07-22 08:56:13  
/sch way better when youre 80. You get better Ele / dark skills when using Dark Arts and youll also have Sleepga, Gravy-ga etc. Plus you can always switch to Light arts and Stoneskinga, Erasega, Paralynaga... etc. You see the point :P
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-22 08:56:45  
I nuke all the time on rdm ;). I also throw slow and para on mobs in most endgame situations.

Also as far as stoneskin goes I think some races can cap it nekkid at 80 so yeah don't really need to gear for it
 Carbuncle.Kyhira
By Carbuncle.Kyhira 2010-07-22 08:57:04  
Alright, I guess I'll just save my cruors for later then lol.

Would have been nice if it would have been atleast a decent set, new/free gear would have been nice too.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-22 08:58:21  
Oh and a rdm wearing relic body and af head with the right arts up cap -cast time and combine with haste spell (which you should have up at all times with composure out) get pretty damn close to capped -recast
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-07-22 08:58:28  
Diabolos.Renavi said:

Head - Slow/para/SS (Although I'd go w/ Warlock's Chapeau for SS if you can cap it.)
Body - Nukes
Hands - Slow/para(The M.acc is nice and you only lose like 2 MND from Devotee's)
Legs - Nukes
Feet - Slow/para/SS

Well, I'm using other stuff instead ...

Head - Maat's cap
hands - Goliard / devotees+1
legs - mahatma (i use teal for nuking on my BLM tho)

as i said, i only use teal body + feet as macro pieces on rdm.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-22 09:00:04  
There is no way in hell mahatma legs beats teal for nukes unless you augmented that mahatma. 3MAB>>>3int
[+]
 Diabolos.Renavi
By Diabolos.Renavi 2010-07-22 09:00:18  
Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
Diabolos.Renavi said:

Body - Nukes
Legs - Nukes
Feet - Slow/para/SS

Well, I'm using other stuff instead ...

Head - Maat's cap
hands - Goliard / devotees+1
legs - mahatma (i use teal for nuking on my BLM tho)

as i said, i only use teal body + feet as macro pieces on rdm.

Wish I had Goliard ; ; and Maat's cap >_>
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-07-22 09:03:46  
thats why i use mahatma, i dont rly wanna be resisted on high end mobs. for ridiculous stuff i would macro in teal slops, thats correct.

ninja edit:

also for nuking i use warlock's chapeau +1.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-22 09:04:06  
Ramuh.Rowland said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
There is no way in hell mahatma legs beats teal for nukes unless you augmented that mahatma. 3MAB>>>3int
Depends on the mobs. Doesn't matter if you CAN do more damage, if you resist on a mob, it's a waste of MP either way.
True. But teal has at least as much macc as mahatma sometimes more. So teal still wins 100% of the time
[+]
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-07-22 09:07:20  
well i prefer to have an equal amount of MAB + INT (mixed with MACC) on RDM. not always easy what to pick for which situation, but I think as /sch with mahatma i get less resists and my dmg is still decent, so i stick with that mostly (not talking about lower mobs, talking about HNMs etc).
 Odin.Kalico
サーバ: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-07-22 09:07:43  
Carbuncle.Kyhira said:

Would have been nice if it would have been atleast a decent set, new/free gear would have been nice too.

1st it depends on what your currently using imo. Looking for the fast cast bonus with full set is pointless because the set give you the same bonus as af hat. Again it depends on what you have if you have goli hands and feet Teal are pointless. These abyssea gear sets are not the best its just was tossed in for the guys who don't have all the pretty endgame stuff. Again they don't suck but definitely not the best there is...and if you do decide to get a few pieces buy them off the af don't waste your cruor because all abyssea gear is 30k or less atm...
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-07-22 09:09:10  
Odin.Kalico said:
Carbuncle.Kyhira said:

1st it depends on what your currently using imo. Looking for the fast cast bonus with full set is pointless because the set give you the same bonus as af hat. Again it depends on what you have if you have goli hands and feet Teal are pointless. These abyssea gear sets are not the best its just was tossed in for the guys who don't have all the pretty endgame stuff. Again they don't suck but definitely not the best there is...and if you do decide to get a few pieces buy them off the af don't waste your cruor because all abyssea gear is 30k or less atm...

Cruor are easy to get nowadays, i'd rather save the 30k.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-22 09:11:27  
Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
well i prefer to have an equal amount of MAB + INT (mixed with MACC) on RDM. not always easy what to pick for which situation, but I think as /sch with mahatma i get less resists and my dmg is still decent, so i stick with that mostly (not talking about lower mobs, talking about HNMs etc).
So was I.

Mahatma is 4-8 macc. Teal is 5.5-8macc. If anything you will get more resist with mahatma
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-07-22 09:13:04  
Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
/sch way better when youre 80. You get better Ele / dark skills when using Dark Arts and youll also have Sleepga, Gravy-ga etc. Plus you can always switch to Light arts and Stoneskinga, Erasega, Paralynaga... etc. You see the point :P
OMG really?! SCH is more awesome than I thought!
 Diabolos.Renavi
By Diabolos.Renavi 2010-07-22 09:15:11  
Cruor is insanely easy to get. o.o Sitting at 250k of it atm.
 Odin.Kalico
サーバ: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-07-22 09:15:26  
Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
Odin.Kalico said:
Carbuncle.Kyhira said:

no doubt i hear ya but imo i'd be saving my cruor to unlock all the confluxes, get the maps, and all 3 key items ect...
I also like having cruor handy for stuff like grabbing all the enhancements str dex int mnd hp mp ect...
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-22 09:17:53  
Ramuh.Laffter said:
Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
OMG really?! SCH is more awesome than I thought!
While all that is possible it's difficult to switch much like that. AOEing cost a strat, being able to use nas or erase requires you to have addendum white up which cost a strat and goes off if you switch to dark arts and you get 1 strat every 2 min /sch. And recast on those using AOE strat can be rather killer

Now with acession I almsot never leave light arts if I'm needed for nas since that would mean spending most my strats on addendum: white and not AOEing stuff.

Also you can refreshga. curaga4 much faster than real curaga4 and on other pts (or if casted on campaign npc everyone in range), enspellga can up dps alot on some melees. Phalanxga is nice too.
 Asura.Tero
サーバ: Asura
user: Tero
By Asura.Tero 2010-07-22 09:19:40  
Odin.Kalico said:
Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
Odin.Kalico said:
Carbuncle.Kyhira said:

no doubt i hear ya but imo i'd be saving my cruor to unlock all the confluxes, get the maps, and all 3 key items ect...
I also like having cruor handy for stuff like grabbing all the enhancements str dex int mnd hp mp ect...

if you can get in a good abyssea alliance you can normally get a minimum of 45~50k cruor per run and thats only if you stay for 3 hourish
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-22 09:21:12  
Asura.Tero said:
Odin.Kalico said:
Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
Odin.Kalico said:
Carbuncle.Kyhira said:
Alright, I guess I'll just save my cruors for later then lol. Would have been nice if it would have been atleast a decent set, new/free gear would have been nice too.
no doubt i hear ya but imo i'd be saving my cruor to unlock all the confluxes, get the maps, and all 3 key items ect... I also like having cruor handy for stuff like grabbing all the enhancements str dex int mnd hp mp ect...
if you can get in a good abyssea alliance you can normally get a minimum of 45~50k cruor per run and thats only if you stay for 3 hourish
Or you could get bad luck like me and have 2 break within 10 min of you getting there in 1 night
 Asura.Tyroch
サーバ: Asura
user: Tyroch
By Asura.Tyroch 2010-07-22 09:22:46  
Sylph.Lotusbluete said:

I read the first line and thought you were promoting teal over mahatma. I am confused now.

Mahatma 8 INT

Teal 5 INT, 3 Magic accuracy, 3 Magic attack bonus.

Sylph.Lotusbluete
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-07-22 09:23:16  
For events usually fulltime light arts too. but that guy said he helps nuking etc for dyna, so dark arts would come in more handy, like i said, for sleepga, gravyga and it enhances your nukes too. but i guess w/e is fine, you can always switch, depending on what is currently needed. and no, i didnt mean switch around between l & d arts like crazy, that doesnt work of course. but if you notice your whms do a good job and you dont have to cure at all, might as well use darkarts. assuming you only have 1-3 ppl to rf in your party, its not THAT bad to cast it on 3 single targets and keep the circle up.
[+]
First Page 2