users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Zenith, To HQ Or Not To HQ
Zenith, To HQ Or Not To HQ
 Valefor.Hjui
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Hjui
By Valefor.Hjui 2010-07-23 22:06:31  
I have had zenith hand, leg and head abjurations in my mog house for a long, long time and was wondering if it is worth HQ'ing these pieces. Which is primarily the reason I have held out on abjurating them.

I am a BLM as well, and was thinking of perhaps just HQ'ing the hands as they provide a static damage percentage increase whereas the other two pieces provide a little MP increase on the NQ.

However, as I am primarily NIN BLU RNG and offset RDM and BLM (mainly for events) I do not have elemental magic merits. Which may mean I am better full timing (using 95% of the time) BLM AF hands (+15 elemental magic).

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks

Hjui.
 Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-07-23 22:07:43  
Hard to say today, hands would be the only piece worth HQing for BLM, but with the level cap rising, I doubt ZMitts +1 will be the best piece anymore.

Edit: Didn't realize you specifically posted this in the Red Mage forum.

Still not worth the HQ. The amount of gil for 1-2 more stats and 5 mp per piece?... Plus just for the stats, there are better pieces anyway.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-07-23 22:10:36  
Very true, I would wait tbh because it would cost about 3m+ or so to HQ hands.
 Valefor.Hjui
サーバ: Valefor
user: Hjui
By Valefor.Hjui 2010-07-24 03:54:39  
Hmm, so I should NQ head/legs? and wait on abjurating hands?

I am Hume and as RDM my MP pool isn't extensive. (Runs out fast in Limbus).

Does it make me a bad RDM/BLM having NQ Zenith?
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-07-24 03:59:36  
Valefor.Hjui said:
I have had zenith hand, leg and head abjurations in my mog house for a long, long time and was wondering if it is worth HQ'ing these pieces. Which is primarily the reason I have held out on abjurating them. I am a BLM as well, and was thinking of perhaps just HQ'ing the hands as they provide a static damage percentage increase whereas the other two pieces provide a little MP increase on the NQ. However, as I am primarily NIN BLU RNG and offset RDM and BLM (mainly for events) I do not have elemental magic merits. Which may mean I am better full timing (using 95% of the time) BLM AF hands (+15 elemental magic). Please let me know what you think. Thanks Hjui.

If you have money to burn, then they're only worth HQing for white box status. +1 versions will give you an extra 5MP, MND/INT etc. But there are better alternatives for each, (Mahatma for MND etc).
Even with Elemental merits BLMs tend to use AF+1 gloves on say Wyrms/Kirin. I dunno if it's different at 80, I haven't done any of those since cap increase. If you can get a hold of +1 hands, they'd be nice, but you risk it being outdated in future updates.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-07-24 04:02:09  
Valefor.Hjui said:
Hmm, so I should NQ head/legs? and wait on abjurating hands? I am Hume and as RDM my MP pool isn't extensive. (Runs out fast in Limbus). Does it make me a bad RDM/BLM having NQ Zenith?

Nope. BLM never uses Zenith (aside from Mitts) for anything besides an HP macro for Sorcerer's Ring. Could argue using it at the start of a fight for +MP to buff with but meh. Same applies to RDM, though most RDMs use it to achieve a 1:1 Convert ratio. Apart from that, they have no uses.