Linkshells on FFXIAH.com
First Page 2
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2010-07-24 21:57:49  
This post is to inform users of recent changes that affect how FFXIAH handles linkshells.

We are going to maintain memberlists using the Linkshell Community Website memberlists. Each scan will add/remove members to the linkshell. There will be a "Queue for update" trigger on the linkshell page accessible by members of the linkshell. To add a linkshell to our database, use this page: http://www.ffxiah.com/members/linkshells.

Can you manually add/drop members?
No, use the LSC to do that. Then queue the LS for update.

I have a linkshell on my profile that I'm not a member of, how do I remove it?
Make sure your name isn't on the memberlist for that linkshell on the LSC. Then queue it for update.

Can I order the linkshells on my player page?
Not yet.

[+]
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-07-24 22:02:36  
What do you mean 'order' them? Like sort them?
 Ragnarok.Vitaru
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Vite
By Ragnarok.Vitaru 2010-07-24 22:04:23  
We have lost some members from the linkshell and they can't edit/add idk if you mean by order as in sort or add.
 Asura.Alymorel
サーバ: Asura
user: Alimorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2010-07-24 22:08:12  
But doesn't the LSC only allow you to be a member of one linkshell at a time?
[+]
 Ramuh.Gurxl
サーバ: Ramuh
user: brahmdut
By Ramuh.Gurxl 2010-07-24 22:17:35  
Asura.Alymorel said:

you can be a member of more then one linkshell at a time you just act like you are making a new one
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
By Fenrir.Scragg 2010-07-24 22:18:37  
Asura.Alymorel said:

I'm not really sure. I thought you can be in many of them at once. If you are correct, everyone will have one LS per char.
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
By Fenrir.Scragg 2010-07-24 22:21:14  
Phoenix.Kojo said:

I meant the order they are listed on character pages. I will clarify on the OP.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-07-24 22:26:52  
Fenrir.Scragg said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
I meant the order they are listed on character pages. I will clarify on the OP.

Oh, I see.
 Carbuncle.Shadowwind
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Shadowwind 2010-07-24 22:34:28  
Fenrir.Scragg said:
Asura.Alymorel said:

I'm not really sure. I thought you can be in many of them at once. If you are correct, everyone will have one LS per char.

you can have more than one registered. You just need to log into a different community. Now I don'tknow how ffxiah handles it since I'm not the almighty Scragg, but if its simply reading the ls communities themselves and not going from the character data, it should be able to read multiples as long as you have your character registered for each one on the LSC.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2010-07-25 00:44:54  
Is there a way to remove a disbanded community from your profile on FFXIAH?
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2010-07-25 00:49:50  
Valefor.Prothescar said:
Clicking on the drop down and choosing NONE should remove it from your listed Linkshells on your player profile.
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-07-25 01:09:49  
Bismarck.Kyaaadaa said:
Valefor.Prothescar said:
Clicking on the drop down and choosing NONE should remove it from your listed Linkshells on your player profile.
I have tried that hundreds of times on mine...it disappears for a few days and then mysteriously it comes back..just sayin.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2010-07-25 01:21:50  
That option doesn't appear to be there anymore.
 Caitsith.Ilolatyou
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Bloodlust
By Caitsith.Ilolatyou 2010-07-25 04:23:10  
Fenrir.Scragg said:
Make sure your name isn't on the memberlist for that linkshell on the LSC. Then queue it for update.
Updating has not removed linkshells to whom I'm not registered on the LSC.

Also, since the linkshells displayed on this website in some cases will actually have no relevance at all to a person's linkshells ingame, can we get a hide button at least?
 Ragnarok.Flippant
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2010-07-26 02:34:42  
Caitsith.Ilolatyou said:
Fenrir.Scragg said:
Updating has not removed linkshells to whom I'm not registered on the LSC.

Also, since the linkshells displayed on this website in some cases will actually have no relevance at all to a person's linkshells ingame, can we get a hide button at least?

Experiencing similar problem. Over a day ago, I broke the LSC page of the first linkshell in my LS list on FFXIAH (AkuAdvanced), then joined the linkshell I -want- to be linked with, and I've updated my profile multiple times since then. It took off the other two linkshells that were listed (which I was not linked to on LSC in the first place), but still has the LS I broke.
By Instant 2010-07-30 13:37:56  
:( I used to have several other linkshells that I'm in listed and now they're all gone.
Can't seem to re-add them anywhere.
 Cerberus.Shanyn
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Eleri
By Cerberus.Shanyn 2010-07-30 13:46:52  
I understand the reasoning for doing this--integrity of the linkshells that actually care about their epeen "achivement points" for some ridiculous reason--but I'm very unhappy with it. The LSC is about the most un-user-friendly beast on the internet. This is slightly ridiculous.
[+]
 Unicorn.Quedari
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Quedari
By Unicorn.Quedari 2010-07-30 13:52:09  
What about if you have tried for months and the LSC refuses to recognize that you have a pearl or sack to a shell? Those people are screwed from "joining" their linkshell on this site now. I don't mind using the LSC if the damn thing will actually WORK.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-07-30 14:07:47  
Ya I need to get spectrum removed and Crystal reverie put on mine... I'll look at this later and hope this helps.
[+]
 Sylph.Rawkhawk
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Rawkhawk 2010-07-30 14:12:51  
As a sack holder in my shell, when I look at the shell on here there is a Queue for an Update on the shell as well. For those trying to add or remove linkshells, a leader may need to get on and Update it for it to load.

Just an observation, not sure that's exactly what everyone needs.
 Leviathan.Zildjian
サーバ: Leviathan
user: xZilx
By Leviathan.Zildjian 2010-07-31 15:25:26  
I've tried for days to figure this out but can't seem to get anywhere.. I feel as if I'm just running in place.

Should've just left it alone.
If ain't broke, don't fix it. =(

-EDIT-
So, from what I can understand as of right now is this:
Everyone has to go on there LSC and "Establish/Join Community" and make sure they join with their other linkshells on there.. and *then* (at some point after that) a sack/shellholder has to come onto this website and make it update their shell members?

/facepalm
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-07-31 15:47:06  
I just noticed this change too. On the LSC site I can't remember how to add another linkshell. I think you have to have the pearl on then disconnect and wait for site to update with that new pearl on. I'm not sure, but meh it's too much hassle just to show what linkshells you belong to.
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-07-31 15:48:48  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
I just noticed this change too. On the LSC site I can't remember how to add another linkshell. I think you have to have the pearl on then disconnect and wait for site to update with that new pearl on. I'm not sure, but meh it's too much hassle just to show what linkshells you belong to.

That is exactly it. The linkshell community updates every 12 hours (roughly), and will display the pearl, sack or shell of any linkshells in your inventory the last time you logged out.

So basically, to add a new linkshell, logout with the pearl in your inventory and then you can add yourself to that community.
[+]
 Caitsith.Ilolatyou
By Caitsith.Ilolatyou 2010-07-31 16:35:31  
This new linkshell system is the only thing that's ever been changed for the worse on this site =(

But anyway, I dropped a linkpearl and deleted the LSC page for the shell completely, but after several days and many updates it's still listed here.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-07-31 16:55:00  
Caitsith.Ilolatyou said:
This new linkshell system is the only thing that's ever been changed for the worse on this site =(

But anyway, I dropped a linkpearl and deleted the LSC page for the shell completely, but after several days and many updates it's still listed here.

Make sure it's not adding you back on the community for some reason. That's been happening with a few people. Failing that, make sure someone's queued the actual linkshell for an update... And if it's still not going, then I don't know.

I do agree, btw.
 Diabolos.Karisa
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Karisa
By Diabolos.Karisa 2010-07-31 17:02:15  
I don't even have the ls it says is my main, I haven't for like a week, and the one I am using and signed up to isn't showing up =/
 Caitsith.Ilolatyou
By Caitsith.Ilolatyou 2010-07-31 17:05:02  
I was the shellholder. I've deleted the community and searching for it on the LSC comes up empty, so it's definitely gone, and has been for some days. =(

AH.com removed two linkshells that I wasn't joined to on the LSC already without any interaction from me, and the members dropdown menu doesn't seem to be working for me at the moment so can't check the linkshells section.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-07-31 17:06:25  
Lakshmi.Aeyela said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

That is exactly it. The linkshell community updates every 12 hours (roughly), and will display the pearl, sack or shell of any linkshells in your inventory the last time you logged out.

So basically, to add a new linkshell, logout with the pearl in your inventory and then you can add yourself to that community.
I have like 7 link pearls in my inventory (on person) yet the LSC site only has me listed for 2 of them and won't let me add the other ones. I was just messing with this the other day and gave up. I think you have to log out with the actual pearl equipped to add it on the website, but like I said before it's not worth it.

Oh well >.>

EDIT: Having it equipped didnt work either so idk.
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-07-31 17:07:21  
Caitsith.Ilolatyou said:
I was the shellholder. I've deleted the community and searching for it on the LSC comes up empty, so it's definitely gone, and has been for some days. =(

AH.com removed two linkshells that I wasn't joined to on the LSC already without any interaction from me, and the members dropdown menu doesn't seem to be working for me at the moment so can't check the linkshells section.

In that case, and going by what other people have said as well, I would assume the spider (or whatever they use to do it) can only scan existing communities. If it can't find the community, it can't confirm you're not a member of it... And therefore it does not remove you.

Only seems to be removing people from registered linkshells that they personally have not joined.
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-07-31 17:08:19  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Lakshmi.Aeyela said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

I have like 7 link pearls in my inventory (on person) yet the LSC site only has me listed for 2 of them and won't let me add the other ones. I was just messing with this the other day and gave up. I think you have to log out with the actual pearl equipped to add it on the website, but like I said before it's not worth it.

Oh well >.>

EDIT: Having it equipped didnt work either so idk.

You don't need it equipped, but a sackholder or the shellholder must create a community before it will show up on the linkshell site. If you have just a pearl and it's not already been made, it will seem like it does not exist.
First Page 2