Administrator
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2010-07-31 17:09:26  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Lakshmi.Aeyela said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
I just noticed this change too. On the LSC site I can't remember how to add another linkshell. I think you have to have the pearl on then disconnect and wait for site to update with that new pearl on. I'm not sure, but meh it's too much hassle just to show what linkshells you belong to.

That is exactly it. The linkshell community updates every 12 hours (roughly), and will display the pearl, sack or shell of any linkshells in your inventory the last time you logged out.

So basically, to add a new linkshell, logout with the pearl in your inventory and then you can add yourself to that community.
I have like 7 link pearls in my inventory (on person) yet the LSC site only has me listed for 2 of them and won't let me add the other ones. I was just messing with this the other day and gave up. I think you have to log out with the actual pearl equipped to add it on the website, but like I said before it's not worth it.

Oh well >.>

EDIT: Having it equipped didnt work either so idk.

Do the linkshells in question have a LSC community page? Doesn't the shell or sackholder have to activate it on the LSC?
 Quetzalcoatl.Xentius
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xentius
By Quetzalcoatl.Xentius 2010-07-31 17:16:57  
Really dislike this feature, most people refuse to use LSC and I don't blame them. It sucks to see your ls go from top 20's to 100's. Really poor feature.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-07-31 17:27:33  
Lakshmi.Aeyela said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Lakshmi.Aeyela said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
I just noticed this change too. On the LSC site I can't remember how to add another linkshell. I think you have to have the pearl on then disconnect and wait for site to update with that new pearl on. I'm not sure, but meh it's too much hassle just to show what linkshells you belong to.

That is exactly it. The linkshell community updates every 12 hours (roughly), and will display the pearl, sack or shell of any linkshells in your inventory the last time you logged out.

So basically, to add a new linkshell, logout with the pearl in your inventory and then you can add yourself to that community.
I have like 7 link pearls in my inventory (on person) yet the LSC site only has me listed for 2 of them and won't let me add the other ones. I was just messing with this the other day and gave up. I think you have to log out with the actual pearl equipped to add it on the website, but like I said before it's not worth it.

Oh well >.>

You don't need it equipped, but a sackholder or the shellholder must create a community before it will show up on the linkshell site. If you have just a pearl and it's not already been made, it will seem like it does not exist.
THere's definite a site for the 3 of the linkshells, message boards and all, and ppl on here are showing up as part of them. But it won't let me add it to my profile.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-07-31 17:30:12  
Fenrir.Scragg said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Lakshmi.Aeyela said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

Oh well >.>

Do the linkshells in question have a LSC community page? Doesn't the shell or sackholder have to activate it on the LSC?
They are active. It just doesn't give me the option when I log in to the LSC site to add them to my profile.

EDIT: It's definitely a problem with the LSC site. I can tell it's just a matter of getting it to recognize the pearls I have on me.
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
By Fenrir.Scragg 2010-07-31 18:01:57  
Quetzalcoatl.Xentius said:
Really dislike this feature, most people refuse to use LSC and I don't blame them. It sucks to see your ls go from top 20's to 100's. Really poor feature.

I don't see how the work is much different than getting your LSC character profile active and public. The linkshell that is associated with the profile is automatically added. Plus, I automatically add all the members in the character's linkshell to the database.

I could see that if you have many shells or jump shells alot it can be a problem since the LSC updates slowly and still not official on when and what triggers an update.

I think an accurate linkshell list and it's members makes the achievement points more accurate but still incomplete as it has been. If a player has achievement points, it would imply they made their character profile data public on the LSC (which includes at least one linkshell). Most JP players don't make their char info public, if they did the achievement list might look alot different.

I used to get emails/messages about users adding themselves to linkshells they aren't in. Also, users will delete linkshell members that are actually members. I simply purged all unverified data.
[+]
 Valefor.Quickmart
サーバ: Valefor
user: Forg
By Valefor.Quickmart 2010-07-31 19:02:32  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

Oh well >.>

Try logging out and back in with the LS equipped, then check the LSC site a few hrs after that. Worked for me. Until I had logged out with the LS equipped still the LSC wasn't giving me the join community button.
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-07-31 19:08:26  
Valefor.Quickmart said:
Try logging out and back in with the LS equipped, then check the LSC site a few hrs after that. Worked for me. Until I had logged out with the LS equipped still the LSC wasn't giving me the join community button.

The LSC has fixed update times and it updates every player at once, logging out will not trigger an update especially for you.

I know one of the update times is 11am UK, which is 6am EST. Not sure what the other one is.
By Guidrivaud 2010-08-01 18:01:00  
OK is this going to be fixed anytime soon? It isn't showing the Ls I'm in and have been in for the last year -- I never take off the pearl PLUS it listed as my LS on the LSC site yet it doesn't show this on the FFxi AH site - my LS has lost about 10 ppl from showing up on the FFxi ah site even know all these ppl on the LSC have it listed as a ls they are in???!!!???
 Odin.Venomous
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Venomous 2010-08-01 18:09:23  
Guidrivaud said:
OK is this going to be fixed anytime soon? It isn't showing the Ls I'm in and have been in for the last year -- I never take off the pearl PLUS it listed as my LS on the LSC site yet it doesn't show this on the FFxi AH site - my LS has lost about 10 ppl from showing up on the FFxi ah site even know all these ppl on the LSC have it listed as a ls they are in???!!!???
This, Liked it better when you could choose from the drop menu.
 Alexander.Temaruma
サーバ: Alexander
user: Temarumaz
By Alexander.Temaruma 2010-08-01 18:13:59  
Odin.Venomous said:
Guidrivaud said:

Agreed, also my equipment is not showing on my page, and my crafting levels and such are not being updated lately.
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
By Fenrir.Scragg 2010-08-01 18:23:24  
Alexander.Temaruma said:
Odin.Venomous said:
Guidrivaud said:

Agreed, also my equipment is not showing on my page, and my crafting levels and such are not being updated lately.

Please check your URL first.
 Alexander.Temaruma
サーバ: Alexander
user: Temarumaz
By Alexander.Temaruma 2010-08-01 18:25:52  
Fenrir.Scragg said:
Alexander.Temaruma said:
Odin.Venomous said:
Guidrivaud said:

Please check your URL first.

Weird o.o it was updating just fine before the changes on ffxiah and i haven't been on the lscom site in years so dunno why its set to hide everything now lol.

My bad scragg :(

Edit: its set to "Display only to logged-in users."
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
By Fenrir.Scragg 2010-08-01 18:26:03  
Guidrivaud said:

And what LS is that?
By Guidrivaud 2010-08-01 21:38:11  
LOLbrogame is not showing up for me even know I'm in it so is my roommate Taozen both on unicorn
By taozen 2010-08-01 21:54:31  
yea FFxi ah isn't showing my LS that I'm in on unicorn

http://fanzone.playonline.com/lscom/characterAllData.do?EQUIP_LINKSHELL_ID_STRING=1PvRvHlUUrSldb5RDy4xPIOgoyYXN9NBO5xWqtSGZi8-3D&VIEW_LINKSHELL_ID_STRING=1PvRvHlUUrSldb5RDy4xPIOgoyYXN9NBO5xWqtSGZi8-3D

Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
By Fenrir.Scragg 2010-08-01 22:22:52  
I just queued the linkshell for update and looks like you both were added. A member of the linkshell can queue an update from the linkshell page, otherwise it will just take some time to update on it's own.
 Cerberus.Shanyn
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Eleri
By Cerberus.Shanyn 2010-08-01 22:33:23  
So--I'm in an LS on the LSC. If you follow the link to my LSC page from my profile, you are taken directly to the profile saying I'm in that LS. Yet that LS is not listed as one that I'm in.

What exactly does it take to get a LS listed in your profile if having it right there on your LSC page ("Character Shanyn;World Cerberus;Linkshell CrossingTheRubicon") doesn't satisfy this requirement?

I guess I'm just not understanding this "better" system.... LSC says I'm in a LS, FFXIAH thinks that's not enough proof that I'm in said LS. :\
 Shiva.Natallon
サーバ: Shiva
user: Natallon
By Shiva.Natallon 2010-08-01 22:45:53  
the same thing is happening with me and TaruSoDelicious LS

member list on LS com says i'm in but it doesn't show up on my AH profile

edit: link shows up now, thank you
 Valefor.Quickmart
user: Forg
By Valefor.Quickmart 2010-08-04 02:38:15  
Lakshmi.Aeyela said:
The LSC has fixed update times and it updates every player at once, logging out will not trigger an update especially for you.

I know one of the update times is 11am UK, which is 6am EST. Not sure what the other one is.
You're not understanding what I'm saying. I'm not saying logging out forces an update.
SE said:
Member profile data in the Linkshell Community automatically reflects the data from when the character last logged out of the game. For the member profile data to reflect in-game data, the following criteria must be met:

-The character has logged out of the game.
-A certain period of time has passed since this logout.
So if you haven't logged out in awhile its not going to update yet, yes? And as for equipping the pearl before logout, I was advised to by support. The stuff had been in my inventory and for weeks still wasn't showing all my ls's so the support guy said "try equipping the one not showing before you log out". Maybe just pointless hoops for support while something was broken I dunno.
 Phoenix.Darkovercast
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Darkovercast 2010-08-04 22:29:45  
Old way was so much better, no offence but this way is kind of crappy. More running back and forth from the beta site to here. _( . _ .)_
[+]
 Unicorn.Hyshio
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Hyshio
By Unicorn.Hyshio 2010-08-06 02:29:17  
Good news everyone!

You must not put the LS in your satchel! The community site for some reason doesnt recognize this. Put it anywhere else on you and wait 8+ hours before registering to that LS. One of my dynamis members had a hard time for a long time registering any linkshell to the site. Until she didnt put it in the satchel. I hope this helps everyone out and it should be put in any main info on this site for linkshells.

Thank You.
[+]
 Sylph.Rawkhawk
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Rawkhawk 2010-08-07 07:23:02  
I don't quite understand the hate of the new system, I was able to set up both shells fairly easily. Just joined them both on LSC, put URL in my profile here. Logged out of FFXI, queued my profile for an update and had an LS mate queue the LS for an update here. Within a week everything was done, only took that long cause one of my pearls isn't that active here.

The step most people seem to miss is queue the LS for an update, but I'm pretty sure it will auto do that after a while anyway.
 Quetzalcoatl.Themcb
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Mcb
By Quetzalcoatl.Themcb 2010-08-30 09:22:36  
i get the queue LS for update, but how the hell do i get the ls listed? i've tried the add LS thing several times and it gets added > is searchable > 10-20min later its gone. i assume it dissapears because there are no members and is seen as a dead ls but there are people on the community site as members of the ls. how do i make the ls on ffxiah so that i can later update it and get all the members added?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [412 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Tyrael
user: lghaze
By Valefor.Tyrael 2011-10-16 18:09:33  
I have two linkshells that were broken in game, and i dropped the pearl and removed myself from lscom, but it is not removing them from my ffxiah profife, can i get some help
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-10-16 18:30:18  
How long ago did you remove yourself from LCS, it takes a day or a few.
 Valefor.Tyrael
user: lghaze
By Valefor.Tyrael 2011-10-17 22:51:15  
more than a week, also the both linkshells no longer exist, so when i queue for update, nothing even happens