フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » DRG's Pet
DRG's Pet
 Valefor.Argettio
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-08-17 09:27:13  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
nah Ent...its kinda hard to compare drg and sam even in bird builds... Penta thrust for Sam (atleast in my experience) was highly unstable dmg...I would Penta on sam from anywhere from 100 dmg to like 1600 while drgs would get consistent Drakes for like 1300-1900. Then you gotta add the dmg from breaths on top of that AND the actual melee hits from the wyvern...It definitely comes out on top on bird builds I think and in most other situations it adds up to be competitive. (and yes I had a bit of a ninja edit on my last post lol)

ninja edit again: I would however like to see T2 offensive breaths with my wyvern though...would be a nice thought.

The only reason a SAM's Penta would vary so much is if they aren't eating food or forgetting to re-eat after having it stolen (or the SAM keeps using penta at 2% HP on the bird).
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-17 09:30:34  
ya i constantly ran out of foods while doing sam in bird parties lol thank god thats over now with abyssea :P

ok massive derail off lol.... A drg can definitely solo very well with their pet...And this is a question to everybody...what's the highest HB proc you've seen? I've seen 800+ with deep breathing and AF2 head
 Bismarck.Reiterpalasch
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Reiterpalasch 2010-08-17 09:41:14  
The highest I've done was around 1200ish in besieged, back when I still had empathy merits to give it giants drink (and with deep breathing, of course).
It can go quite a bit higher though, since I was missing a lot of gear that I have now, and that was with low wyvern TP.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2010-08-17 09:44:05  
I've broke 1k, cant remember the exact numbers though tbh.

And to throw it out there. DRG solo's stronger mobs better than weak mobs. On mobs that hit hard, you are getting mp back, on mobs that do less than 33 damage, you're not getting MP back, big problem when DRG soloing.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-17 09:46:59  
Ya Ihm that was the point I was trying to make earlier with the Eth Earring and MP not being an issue... wow breaking 1k? or 1200? nice....
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-08-17 09:47:33  
hit 1k+ with deep breathing doing kill 300 puk trials for OAT lance
wyvern was out long enough to be at max tho

current HB set

need new torque and af2 helm >.>
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
By Siren.Ihm 2010-08-17 09:59:06  
Yeah, I'm talking max strength wyvern, 300% TP, Deep Breathing, on a Galka monk lol.
 Bismarck.Reiterpalasch
By Bismarck.Reiterpalasch 2010-08-17 10:03:11  
Well if mobs hitting for less than 33 damage is a problem, you have bigger problems on your hands.

As for the new neck, afaik it's actually worse than chanoix with DB, but a bit better without. Of course this will all change next update with the lvl cap increase, which should push lancer's torque ahead a bit for both.
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-17 10:06:31  
Customisable wyvern please. Colour should be changeable and type of Wyvern shouldn't be be locked by subjob.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
By Siren.Ihm 2010-08-17 10:07:29  
Bismarck.Reiterpalasch said:
Well if mobs hitting for less than 33 damage is a problem, you have bigger problems on your hands.

As for the new neck, afaik it's actually worse than chanoix with DB, but a bit better without. Of course this will all change next update with the lvl cap increase, which should push lancer's torque ahead a bit for both.

Eh... MNK mobs hit weak but often, causes a problem at times, stuff like that. Not that it usually takes more than a few HBs for a fight, but the point stands, if you're trying to none-stop chain kill.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-17 10:16:03  
Flion, being able to HB with a melee sub would be insanely overpowered....by the by, how would you plan on triggering the HB without magic? :P on JAs? then that would suck lol
 Shiva.Superdan
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-08-17 11:20:44  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Flion, being able to HB with a melee sub would be insanely overpowered....by the by, how would you plan on triggering the HB without magic? :P on JAs? then that would suck lol

Make hb ability TP cost: 10 GO!

DRG/sam with hb4 yes, please. over powered, maybe.. but hell, i dont care =]

Also eternius, as every sam knows, now & then you WILL get a 1 shadow third eye & then be stuck without for 25s.. And if you're fighting something 'that matters' 25s of sam evasion & curing waltz 2 probably aint gunna be pretty. Also, dragoon might not evade for ***, but they can get a decent amount of PDT to stack with cocoon's defense. Not saying sam/dnc isn't a good solo job at all though, just situationally differant. I.e drg wouldnt stand a chance of being able to tank some mobs, such as UFOs, like a sam can.
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-08-17 11:37:20  
I am going to steal this thread for a min..I didn't think it was worthy of a whole new thread so whatever.

I have one spot left in Category 2 for merits.. Right now I am 5/5 Healing Breath and 4/5 Angon.

My question is..do I do 1 more Angon or use up my last remaining merit spot on Empathy..I like the idea of empathy I just don't know how much I would use the ability.
So is empathy worth it?

Shiva.Superdan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-08-17 12:03:18  
I'd go empathy myself, however I am also using the def down 15% weapon, so more angon is a waste for me.

Edit: Solo SCing 3 step T3 SC as drg/blu is also badass (Just for fun though), and without empathy can be tricky to get off~

Admitedly I don't use Spirit Link for TP much in a standard xp style situation, as your wyvern will be shooting off tp everytime you do.. But i've found it useful on Drg/mage in numerous occasions.
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-08-17 12:08:50  
I think that is what I am going to go with tbh..I don't even really use drg all that much except when I mess around for fun so either one would work..but I like the idea of Empathy..and the whole Needs moar JA thing too.
 Sylph.Linkk
サーバ: Sylph
user: Linkk
By Sylph.Linkk 2010-08-17 13:30:18  
Mp is not an issue with drg that has staff skilled up. Staff can do decent dmg and you get to use spirit taker which pretty much fills all or your mp in 1 ws. As for solo, depending on the mob sam and drg have their advantages and disadvantages. Anyone playing this game for years and has both jobs knows this. Going over which mob or which activity is pretty stupid at this point. A well geared, skilled played with multiple jobs can pick a job/jobs that can get the task done. From my personal experience I have favored drg/mage but that's me.

No for the actually topic, yes, they can beef up the wyvern size. It doesn't have to be huge, just a noticeable increase. What would be nice is a JA that allows the wyvern to grow to full size for 30 secs. Would have been cool if that was drg's 2hr. While the wyvern is grown you gain the att and defense just like the regular 2hr and so does your grown wyvern. It's the least SE could do for *** drg's good with call wyvern as our original 2hr lol.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-08-17 13:35:50  
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-08-17 13:37:28  
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-08-17 13:38:23  
 Shiva.Superdan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-08-18 04:58:15  
Would be cool for DRG to become a wyvern knight from Fire Emblem xD
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [154 days between previous and next post]
 Gilgamesh.Dsf
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Dsf1
By Gilgamesh.Dsf 2011-01-19 08:21:55  
Shiva.Superdan said:
Would be cool for DRG to become a wyvern knight from Fire Emblem xD

AGREED! Give us that special move that breaks through defense too lol. *I believe its Pierce*
 Fenrir.Dinkydoo
user: Dinkydoo
By Fenrir.Dinkydoo 2011-01-19 09:03:47  
Shiva.Durtiesweat said:
Okay SE... I see lvl 80 DRG with the same baby Dragon. Why is this?? Consider this...

Maybe the next sync update the DRG job will get a mature dragon.

Anyone agree?
this reminded me of that youtube video where the guy .dat swapped his wyvern to be the Male mithra and all it did was dance >.>
 Sylph.Lavelios
サーバ: Sylph
user: Lavelios
By Sylph.Lavelios 2011-01-20 16:05:47  
srsly tho, id just be happy with a different color >.>
 Bismarck.Tuvae
user: Tuv
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2011-01-20 16:26:18  
Just do dat swaps :/
 Fenrir.Dinkydoo
user: Dinkydoo
By Fenrir.Dinkydoo 2011-01-20 16:41:38  
lawl.. finally found it >____>;

Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2011-01-20 16:58:08  
Fenrir.Tool said:
The idea has been around for almost as long as DRG has existed. Sadly it is unlikely due to SE's greatest excuse: PS2.
Let's play Devil's Advocate for a sec.

I know it's very unlikely, but here goes.

If it's possible to in abyssea; have a field of shrunken Wyrm/Fafnir type mobs, who's model size is 1.51 MB [most mobs/models average about 400-800 KB, with the largest being HNMs with large amount of polys/texture data such as the 3 headed snake thing at around 3 MB], why shouldn't it be possible to replace the 446 KB wyvern with something maybe slightly larger or just variable stuff around the same size?

Honestly I think you should at least be able to go on a quest to unlock the ability to change the color of your wyvern resulting in a change to skill sets/traits. "Frame Drake/Ice Drake/Bone Drake" etc etc.