Corsair Weapons?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Corsair Weapons?
Corsair Weapons?
First Page 2

| Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

What do you find to be the best setup for dealing damage as COR? /NIN and /RNG both, main/sub and gun both.

I always hear some people say "omfg always Joy/M.kris!!!" then someone else turns around and says M.kris is a piece of ***, or that there are better weapons to use.

Guns...good gods don't we get anything good? The only decent guns I see for 75, are Coffinmaker, Basilisk, Murderer, and Martial Gun!
 Fairy.Cedeking
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Cedeking
By Fairy.Cedeking 2009-01-18 04:13:43  
ill use only hearth snatcher+joyeuse+coffinmaker
100% of the time for me is cor/nin so no way.
 Ragnarok.Jammie
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jammie
By Ragnarok.Jammie 2009-01-18 04:23:11  
For DD I use COR/RNG with Joyeuse + Martial Gun, eating C Subs.
I do have Suppi and maxed Sword and Marksmanship merits tho, acc might be a little bad without it.
 Fairy.Blackmist
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-01-18 04:45:18  
ive seen a Cor/Nin on my server who used m/kris. hawker knifes an i dont remeber what gun, who would melee untell she had 100% Tp step back and side winder

needless to say it was ideal dmg, an would rip it off the tank, honesly i was wishing she'd die for ws'ing right when the mob was pulled, then *** how the tank coudlnt keep hate lol.. [Rant]

anyway use what you see fit, if ppl wana *** at you about your gear, tell them to buy/farm/hunt the gear they think you should have, or to gtfo (or drop the pt entirly >.> you are a cor after all, almost as wanted as a brd... allmost)
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-18 05:09:57  
On COR/NIN for everyday accuracy purposes I use Trailer's Kukri and Chiroptera Dagger because I'm too cheap to upgrade the second to another Trailer's.

On COR/NIN or COR/RNG in meripo I use Joyeuse in main hand with an accuracy setup and macro in weapon skill gear for Slug Shot. Don't use anything else in offhand when using Joyeuse, the TP gain is actually slower with two weapons than simply main handing Joyeuse alone. /NIN is more for the survivability than the dual-wield on Corsair.

Sometimes, though, I use Vulcan's Staff with an Axe Grip on Corsair, especially when going for high weapon skills or fighting higher level monsters. More expensive to do this since you'll never get TP meleeing with a Staff, and I wouldn't recommend this on /NIN; not really enough ranged accuracy for that. The /RNG traits are more accuracy than the two daggers would be combined anyway.

I always use Coffinmaker.
 Fairy.Blackmist
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-01-18 05:45:30  
i had a coffinmaker once aponatime. then i droped it, because "Hell i'll never have a job this level to use it"

a while later "Oh Lookie! x job will need this in x levels" lol.. "Do'h"
 Caitsith.Heimdall
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-01-18 08:27:38  
theres a lil known sword that comes from one the beseige nms when its in it home area (reef i think) that has add effect para and bonus stats for beseige (its a cor only sword btw)
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-18 08:29:03  
Heimdall said:
theres a lil known sword that comes from one the beseige nms when its in it home area (reef i think) that has add effect para and bonus stats for beseige (its a cor only sword btw)

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Corsair%27s_Scimitar

Not worth the effort of getting if you ask me!

Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Heimdall said:

I have this. lol Me and my boyfriend duo'd Lamie No.7 as BST + SMN (me SMN) to get it. Went 1/2. Wasn't too hard to get.

Right now as /NIN I do Corsair's Scimitar/Joyeuse as /NIN. If I'm pulling...I just run around in my Quick Draw setup with Light Staff. T_T

On /RNG (God I love /RNG <.<) I usually do Fire Staff/Claymore Grip or Joyeuse/Beater's Shield.

Gun...Right now I'm using Hexagun because my luck in KSNM sucks. ._. And can't afford 400k for a Martial Gun, or 100k~+ for the WotG guns.
 Ragnarok.Jammie
By Ragnarok.Jammie 2009-01-20 03:19:15  
Aledacia said:
Right now as /NIN I do Corsair's Scimitar/Joyeuse as /NIN. If I'm pulling...I just run around in my Quick Draw setup with Light Staff. T_T On /RNG (God I love /RNG &lt;.&lt;) I usually do Fire Staff/Claymore Grip or Joyeuse/Beater's Shield. Gun...Right now I'm using Hexagun because my luck in KSNM sucks. ._. And can't afford 400k for a Martial Gun, or 100k~+ for the WotG guns.

Seems you got your DD setup pretty much down except for the Gun (hence you asked the question ;) ). For me personally, I feel that using Martial Gun (for Slug Shot r.acc bonus) with Coeurl Subs is better for damage than either Coffinmaker+CSubs (too much misses) or Coffinmaker+Sushi (not enough damage).

If you are really serious about doing damage as COR (this is not always required or even expected form you as COR), I'd save up for Martial Gun, or try to get your hands on Coffinmaker (if you lack Orbs, you could just stand around W.Shrine, or wherever the KSNM that drops Coffinmaker is, and ask the random people that come in, if you could obtain Coffinmaker from them for a certain reward).

In Meripo, a COR with nice gears can dish out some heavy Slugs, especially against Colibri.
 Garuda.Makenshi
By Garuda.Makenshi 2009-01-20 03:53:21  
Personally I like my Corsair's Gun +1

I use /rng in merit parties and use a trailer's.
My slugs are between 900 and 1200. I'm sure i could do more but still working on a good setup myself

Just remember there are a ton of options for people.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-20 05:52:11  
I wouldn't recommend using Corsair's Gun +1 outside of Quick Draw personally, the accuracy from Coffinmaker or the TP bonus from Martial Gun outparses better in the long run.

Can I be the first to say "Death Penalty" or GTFO?

There's a Japanese player on Garuda upgrading it at the moment, Makenshi ;; Let's go /slap spam him!
 Ramuh.Vagnagun
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Vagangun
By Ramuh.Vagnagun 2009-01-20 10:27:48  
I was wondering what you ment by DD COR?
give or take its such a flexible job, I have main healed, support rolled, DD'd and even Evasion Tanked. hell you can always roll yourself even stronger at it. M.gun rox if you want to WS more often, instead of with Coffin 100% tp is really just... 100% tp.
also do you do NM: pulling the strings?
its such a walk in the park to do every 3 days. just cost a lil some times depending on your luck gambling. Macro in a Corsairs Bullet (+25 R.acc) for WS and it will really show.
if you dont do that ENM i would trongly recomend it for any Corsairs at least once a week. on my server there is never pouches of corsiar's bullets and if so.. 40-50k..
 Gilgamesh.Udasai
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Udasai
By Gilgamesh.Udasai 2009-01-20 12:04:22  
As A DD cor, Joytoy/M kris was the best for me. Joytoy./Trailer's is my other option. I have a Ranged Attack setup, relic hat/body, Blood Finger gauntlets, blah, blah, blah, anyway have like +50 Ranged attack. I use a Basilisk as my gun. Would love to try the Murderer/Supremacy earring combo, but have yet to get the earring, and without it, the Basilisk is far superior. The combo would likely be close to equal with basilisk, but would overall be more versatile.

@Vagnagun - I only DD/pull on COR lol (LS-made PT's ftw <.<)

Personally I'm not doing Dagger merits, so I wasn't sure if Kris would be worth the 3M+ for me. :s

Right now I'm lucky if Slug Shot breaks 600 DMG on Colibri, /RNG OR /NIN. But again, Hexagun, at LV75. lol ; ;

Hmmm. Maybe I can do the ENM for Martial Gun. >.>
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-20 13:33:16  
I originally had this private for my own resource, but I've made it public so you can see; this is my weapon skill setup (Excluding the +1 Legs and Feet), maybe it will help you. It's very rare I don't break 1k on Slug Shot on Colibri:

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=53744

Thats hot.

Wish I could get some success with Nyzul Isle. xD
 Bahamut.Danagon
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Danagon
By Bahamut.Danagon 2009-01-20 14:06:37  
Aledacia said:
(LS-made PT's ftw)

LS pt my *** D: i made em >=|
 Unicorn.Nitsuj
VIP
サーバ: Unicorn
user: framerate
By Unicorn.Nitsuj 2009-01-20 16:12:49  
Weapons are easy (for a melee COR).

Guns:
For Slug Shot and Detonator always use Martial Gun. It'll give you a damage spike on Detonator and an accuracy bump on Slug.
For Quick Draw builds (when using /rdm or /whm) You'll want Corsair's Gun +1 (since QD is directly based on gun damage).

Weapons:
When /rng use Joyeuse or MKris, whichever you have. I'm not sure which is better, but I'd lean towards MKris. When I get one I'll test it against Joyeuse.

When /nin do the exact same thing, unless it's someplace where you're just messing around. Offhanding something *with* your joy or mkris will slow down your TP gain pretty noticeably. So offhanding a rAcc dagger will help you slightly with your WS's but it will slow your TP gain, and the point of a melee build is to get to 100% as fast as possible, no?

If you insist on holding something in your offhand, get a Phantom Fleuret and walk around town proud. That sword is a rare find!

Edit:: no disrespect towards coffinmaker. If you can't afford martial for your build, it's the next best thing (or you could probably full time COR+1 if you have it!). But as your gear set gets better and better, you won't need the rAcc on the coffinmaker and you'll find yourself much happier switching to Martial.

As to Death Penalty, no one has tested it yet. If "Enhances QUick Draw" is the same as our hat, then Corsair's Gun +1 could end up being better for QD than the Mythic! I'm not holding my breath, nor am I upgrading one, until I hear someone else has taken the plunge and that enhancement is something incredible ;)

Best,
 Unicorn.Nitsuj
VIP
By Unicorn.Nitsuj 2009-01-20 16:17:44  
Wooooodum said:

On COR/NIN or COR/RNG in meripo I use Joyeuse in main hand with an accuracy setup and macro in weapon skill gear for Slug Shot. Don't use anything else in offhand when using Joyeuse, the TP gain is actually slower with two weapons than simply main handing Joyeuse alone. /NIN is more for the survivability than the dual-wield on Corsair.

Thank you for this. <3 <3 <3

I figured I'd be the only one here advocating! No one ever believes me! I do however encourage you to try Martial, as your gear set *really* seems to not need the extra rAcc ;)

Personally I love my Joyeuse. >.> I'm not really fond of Daggers, and half the time I'm using Fire Staff anyway. :s

I can definitely see Martial Gun being much more effective for the way I play COR, and because of the gear I want.

I'll have to look into finding a Corsair's Gun+1 for QD... Almost never see those around. T_T
 Unicorn.Nitsuj
VIP
By Unicorn.Nitsuj 2009-01-20 17:36:10  
Aledacia said:
Personally I love my Joyeuse. >.> I'm not really fond of Daggers, and half the time I'm using Fire Staff anyway. :s

I can definitely see Martial Gun being much more effective for the way I play COR, and because of the gear I want.

I'll have to look into finding a Corsair's Gun+1 for QD... Almost never see those around. T_T

Check Unicorn's price history. Not a single one has ever been sold.... :(

13 ever sold on Bahamut. >.> 350k-1M each.

I know there are more in circulation than that though. A lot of COR's in HNM LS on this server are running around with them. I guess people are dumping gil into trying to get one HQ'd by a crafter, I come across a lot of signed ones. T_T

Not sure I'm gonna wanna do COR at HNM anyway though. >.>; Spent a ton of gil and time on RDM/NIN gear already to tank. xD And my members would probably shoot me if I didn't make use of that Velocious Belt. ._.
 Ragnarok.Jammie
By Ragnarok.Jammie 2009-01-20 17:50:38  
Nitsuj said:
I figured I'd be the only one here advocating! No one ever believes me! I do however encourage you to try Martial, as your gear set *really* seems to not need the extra rAcc ;)

It's the truth, don't worry <3.

As far what is faster TP gain, Merc or Joy. Theoretically, using very simplistic calculations, M.kris should be faster TP gain, but there are some factors, like mob defense and M.kris' low damage (with the danger of resulting in hits for 0 damage), that can give an advantage to either choice. It basically comes down to personal preference. For completeness sake, and because I'm a little bit bored, I'll make some calculations anyway:

--> Mercurial Kris <--
Delay = 192; TP/hit = 5,29, so you need 19 hits to get 100% TP (19 * 5,29 = 100,51)
Delay of 192 means that it takes 3,26 (192/58,85) seconds per attack round.

From what I read and what I've noticed myself, is that Mercurial Kris averages on 2 hits per attack round. 19 hits equals 10 attack rounds, so it'll take about 32,6 seconds to get 100% TP
---

--> Joyeuse <--
Delay = 224; TP/hit = 6,06, so you need 17 hits to get 100% TP (17 * 6,06 = 103,02)
Delay of 224 means that it takes 3,81 (224/58,85) seconds per attack round.

I believe Joyeuse has about 50% chance of attacking twice, meaning that you can expect 3 hits per 2 attack rounds, meaning you need 12 attack rounds to get 100% TP. 12 attack rounds take 45,72 seconds.
---

--> Dual Wielding Mercurial Kris and Joyeuse <--
As /NIN37, you have the Dual Wield II trait, giving you a total of 15% reduction of the total delay, but, unlike Haste, this reduction also lowers TP gain.

Mercurial Kris will get an reduced Delay of 163,2 with TP/hit of 4,50.
Joyeuse will get an reduced Delay of 190,4 with TP/hit of 5,15.

Now it gets a little tricky. Every 2 attack rounds, you can expect 4 hits from M.kris, and 3 from Joyeuse, or a TP gain of 33,45 (4 * 4,50 + 3 * 5,15), meaning you would need 6 attack rounds to get 100% TP.
1 attack round takes (163,2 + 190,4)/58,85 = 6,01 seconds. It will take 36,06 seconds to get 100% TP
---

Mercurial Kris -> 32,6 seconds
Joyeuse -> 45,7 seconds
M.Kris+Joy -> 36,1 seconds

So, conclusion based only on the Delay of the weapons: if you have both M.kris and Joyeuse, use M.kris for faster TP gain. However, should there be a reason that M.kris isn't prefered (for example, getting hits for 0 damage, or the mob has nasty TP attacks), then use Joyeuse.
Don't dual wield them.

There are some objections tho. For example, I know Suppanomimi enhances Dual Wield with another 5% delay reduction, but I'm not sure if it also reduces TP.

Having said all this, I must say I prefer Joyeuse for the following reasons:
1) It's Rare/ex. I used to 3mil I got after selling M.kris to buy pimp gear for my COR, including a Martial Gun and some other stuff.
2) I also got PLD75, so I preferred maxed out Marksmanship and Sword merits over Marksmanship and Dagger. Add Sword skill from Suppa as added bonus.
3) I really dislike the low damage on M.kris. It felt like maybe you can't WS as often with Joyeuse, but doing more damage with while gaining TP compensated for this. I never actually parsed this, but that's just how it feels to me.
4) I think a rapier type weapon suits a pirate much better than a dagger.

And sorry for the long post.

Personally my merits are gonna be;

8/8 Marksmanship
4/4 Evasion
4/4 Parrying
4/4 Shield.

So I figure I'll benefit more from sword than from dagger, if I use a main weapon at all (Other than Fire Staff, I mean).

I'm definately going to get a Martial Gun, with all these good ratings you're all giving it! That, and I apparently parse 100% RACC in meripo. :s
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-20 20:24:08  
Joyeuse and Mercurial Kris's additional hits might have varying activation rates, but one thing Joyeuse has over the Kris is that it stacks with Double Attack, whereas Mercurial is actualy "gimped" by double attack.

By stacks, I mean Joyeuse will attack twice 75% of the time with Warrior's Roll 11 on, whereas any triple attack from the Mercurial Kris will be negated by the possible double attack and only hit twice.

And from my experience, Warrior's Roll is a pretty popular choice with two-handed users. Just something else to consider!

I know I'd personally go with Samurai Roll and Chaos Roll. Every time I've parsed our Merit static (with the exact same setup every party), SAM & DRK rolls has come out trumps compared to any other combinations I've tried.

I did use Corsair's Roll once. Good times.

My favorite rolls in meripo are Hunter's + Fighter's. I seem to PT with a lot of MNK's...

And, I thought I noticed a difference in double attack activation with Fighter's Roll. @_@ Keep pulling hate off everyone in Campaign Battle, because I hit four times per round. -_-;;; Shame on SAM's, DRG's, and BLU's not keeping hate. >.>

Hmm. If I were to do 4/8 Dagger merits, and have a DD (ACC + ATK) build, would M.Kris possibly be worth the time (or money)? I'm getting fishing up and debating between selling or using the damn thing, if I get it.
 Ramuh.Vagnagun
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Vagangun
By Ramuh.Vagnagun 2009-01-21 20:15:20  
Wow nice set up !
I'm a Wal-mart COR most the times and no relic or +1's to boot.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=53988

I did notice you had vulcans staff on and.. so im assuming you just sit on side lines at /shoot?
do you melee too? and if so do you just Joy/ trailers it.
most COR's i know dont take the time do play with daggers or even break evisceration latent, but its not too bad.

@ aledacia-
m.kris @ 3 mil. on your server?
how much is the m.gun or so? i would rather put the 3.mil towards better guns and making my own ammo. then later getting that fancy dagger.
but again just my thought

Vagnagun said:

@ aledacia-
m.kris @ 3 mil. on your server?
how much is the m.gun or so? i would rather put the 3.mil towards better guns and making my own ammo. then later getting that fancy dagger.
but again just my thought

Mercurial Kris - 3M-4M
Martial Gun - 280k-400k. >_>

Finally got myself some Sniper's Rings, so now I'm working on saving up for Martial Gun.

I think after I get my Martial Gun, I'm gonna get Vulcan's Staff, and sit on the sidelines and spam /ra. I do that anyway when I'm /RNG, and when I'm /NIN I never get a chance to melee!

http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=890243#item_sets shows what I've been using so far.
 Ifrit.Jurai
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2009-01-21 23:20:10  
I wonder why one seems to like Detonator.. With Martial Gun and just using AH average gear basically, and no Crimson gloves or Sea torque, I usually get 1k-1100 on WS (with stepping back from melee) or 900ish without moving. No need to stack up on extra RACC gear and basically just use the same items for Quick Draw as well.
Also, for me using ranged to TP, Martial Gun and Detonator still out damages CM and Slugs :\
First Page 2