users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Damage Dealing and Tank Red Mage
Damage Dealing and Tank Red Mage
 Cerberus.Eugene
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2010-08-13 14:42:23  
hey i wasnt criticizing you for answering, i didn't rate you down. just explaining why you may have been lol
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-13 15:14:07  
Cerberus.Eugene said:
mic needs tanks? he's easier than nq cuz icespikes lol
Nah, just gave me something to do between his casts. We were also set up intending to kill him, Chukwa, and Cuelebre in one run, so we were heavy on mages and most of them weren't /NIN.
 Unicorn.Fosgate
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Fosgate
By Unicorn.Fosgate 2010-08-13 15:27:17  
I hope that when they raise the level cap to 90/99, they lower red mages sword skill to 0. Then maybe rdm's will realize they have staves and nukes.

If you really want a "DD" set, fill up almost any slot you can with haste and acc. RDM can wear a ton of gear so im not gonna post specific stuff. But theres dusk, goliard body, various haste belts, turban, and also lots of accuracy gear. Then there's stuff like the 75% hp ring for stronger enspells if you wanna be all tricky and not use an accuracy ring.

By Halfpint 2010-08-16 12:56:39  
Unicorn.Fosgate said:
I hope that when they raise the level cap to 90/99, they lower red mages sword skill to 0. Then maybe rdm's will realize they have staves and nukes.

<off topic..kinda> People are so obsessed with the elemental staves being the only items casting mages can use. I understand the bonuses they add for nuking and healing, but As a RDM stuck using staves(my staff skill is lower than club so if I have to melee I am screwed) I would like to see an equivalent club brought in at 80+.

RDM may not have been made to tank but they are not meant to main nuke/heal either, they are enfeeblers that can back-up the blm+whm mages. I have found that there are situations where wands are better (+1 mythic for stoneskin, some enfeebs) because mnd and int bonuses, would be nice to get something more appropriate to the job.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-16 13:02:43  
Halfpint said:

I have found that there are situations where wands are better (+1 mythic for stoneskin, some enfeebs) because mnd and int bonuses, would be nice to get something more appropriate to the job.

It's easy to cap SS anyway, and MND boosts apply to say, Para/Slow. Alkalurops (stave) beats them.