Axes (Not GAxes)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Axes (Not GAxes)
Axes (Not GAxes)
First Page 2 3
 Asura.Shipoopi
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Shampaz
By Asura.Shipoopi 2010-08-16 07:14:25  
Ok, so here's my problem, i've recently been helping my friend (SAM) to do pages in Cape Terrigan for skill ups/exp/merits etc. and i've been subbing nin and using 2 axes, i've just come into a bit of gil and would like to know, when using rampage as my ws, which 2 axes are best?

Maneater/Juggernaut

Maneater/Iron Ramp Pick

Maneater/Woodville's

or any other combination?
please help me out the gil is burning a hole in my pocket

also, on a side note, which trumps which?

Fowling Earring > Assault Earring? which 2 Earrings would you recommend for war?
 Sylph.Okiah
サーバ: Sylph
user: Okiah
By Sylph.Okiah 2010-08-16 07:23:55  
On War I use Maneater/Joyeuse and on Bst I use Maneater/Retributor.

I'd prob go Maneater/Woodsville though unless your willing to pay the gil for a Jugganaught.

Earrings i'd go Suppanomimi/assault earring
 Asura.Shipoopi
By Asura.Shipoopi 2010-08-16 07:30:51  
Thanks Okiah, Joyeuse has eluded me for last 3 tries (LS getting higher lots) so i guess Manny/Woody will work seeing as i already have both of those and was hesitant to lay out 600k+ for Juggy, Don't have Suppa yet but looks like ill be buying an Assault Earring, as far as ears go which AH obtainable one to sub with assault?
 Diabolos.Obliterate
サーバ: Diabolos
user: TBMC
By Diabolos.Obliterate 2010-08-16 07:36:52  
Of those, Maneater/Juggernaut would be best you could get from the AH, there are better ToM axes you could get now that are alot better if you are willing to put in the effort to get them and they are free. Earring wise dual wielding on war should probably be using brutal/suppa combo, if you dont have those fowling/assault would be ok until you can get them.

P.S. If you do decide to use wood/maneater, plz mainhand woods and not maneater.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-08-16 07:40:01  
Don't pay for the Juggy, not worth it. Go do some trials for some new axes instead, shouldn't take long. Took me less than a week to complete my Absolution scythe.
 Asura.Shipoopi
By Asura.Shipoopi 2010-08-16 07:44:34  
my war is only currently 73 so cant start ToM yet :( but plan to asap, so for now i will go Woody/Manny (Manny offhand) and Assault/Fowling till Brutal/Suppa.

btw how do you get the gear set pics on the forums like ive seen?
 Shiva.Superdan
サーバ: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-08-16 07:45:10  
Asura.Shipoopi said:
Thanks Okiah, Joyeuse has eluded me for last 3 tries (LS getting higher lots) so i guess Manny/Woody will work seeing as i already have both of those and was hesitant to lay out 600k+ for Juggy, Don't have Suppa yet but looks like ill be buying an Assault Earring, as far as ears go which AH obtainable one to sub with assault?

I don't know about on your server, but on Shiva joytoy is hardly ever camped at the moment. Our small social ls as recently gotten 5 joytoy's with no competition. If you have a decently geared thf or nin friend, i'm sure you could duo it. I know this is rather obvious.. But it's probably going to be a quicker way than trying to out-lot others. Took me a half day of camping but once I got original ToD we were able to farm them for all the ls who needed with relative ease (Only ever duo/triod too).

Also, I too suggest working on the trial of the magian axes. You can get some really good rampage axe's from there, including a couple joytoy-like axes (But they're not easy to obtain). Can even get a 56DMG STR+6 atk+16 axe with ease, hell compared to my str sword on blu the axe is a doddle. Also, the dex+6 acc+12 is nice if you need the acc, again, easy to obtain.

Earring wise.. Unless you're using your DM earring on SAM or DRK etc, I'd reccommend a suppa as it is a really nice addition to any job using dual weild, also the sword skill will help if you obtain/use joytoy. I'd probably use the fowling over assault for the extra acc, but that's just me.
 Valefor.Argettio
サーバ: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-08-16 08:06:39  
Asura.Shipoopi said:

btw how do you get the gear set pics on the forums like ive seen?

First you have to create and item set on your profile page (make it public). That will give you a link (something like: http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/111176)

You then take the numbers after the slash (111176 in my case)

Then you type:
Code
[itemset]111176[/itemset]

and get

As for the axes, not something I ever wanted/needed to know about so can't help.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-16 08:10:44  
While axes is cool and stuff, just make sure to keep your Gaxe skilled aswell!
[+]
 Asura.Shipoopi
By Asura.Shipoopi 2010-08-16 08:21:34  
My GAxe is currently capped for my level (73)

Ok, so i've done some setting up, here goes,

This is what i TP in:

This is what i WS in:

I do still class myself as a noobie
I currently have 1.1Mil on my main
I love WAR so don't want to change jobs
Any advice is greatly appreciated :)
 Alexander.Temaruma
サーバ: Alexander
user: Temarumaz
By Alexander.Temaruma 2010-08-16 08:25:03  
Put some of your gil towards dusk hands/feet for now, a fire bomblet would also be a nice improvement.

And don't forget that accuracy is just as important during weaponskills (if not more) when using a multi-hit weaponskill.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-16 08:25:32  
Asura.Shipoopi said:

This is what i TP in:

This is what i WS in:

I do still class myself as a noobie
I currently have 1.1Mil on my main
I love WAR so don't want to change jobs
Any advice is greatly appreciated :)

What kinda food do you usally eat?
I'm not sure if it's enough accuracy in your ws set (assuming you use rampage)
But other than that, looks fine for your level (Could use rajas)

Edit: Oh yeah, dusk hands\feet are 73, those are damn nice for your level.
 Asura.Shipoopi
By Asura.Shipoopi 2010-08-16 08:27:14  
If i'm hitting ok, i go for Yellow Curry Bun, if i'm missing a lot, i use Squid Sushi, I have a pair of dusk gloves wasn't sure if to wear those or relic, and ill get the ledelsens theyre only 30k
 Alexander.Temaruma
By Alexander.Temaruma 2010-08-16 08:28:22  
Yeah use the dusk, though they are annoying to have to macro-out when running around.

As a rule of thumb for melee jobs, get your hit rate to 90% or higher and then stack as much haste as possible when tping.

Edit: You may also want to look into trying out marinara pizza as food.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-16 08:30:59  
Alexander.Temaruma said:
You may also want to look into trying out marinara pizza as food.

^

Alexander.Xgalahadx
user: xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2010-08-16 08:32:32  
Asura.Shipoopi said:

This is what i TP in:

Ok for tp The first improvements i would make would be dusk hands/feet this will help your tp phase a ton and the hands(+1)are the best hands for war tp. After that i would buy a haub+1. Finally a fire bomblet for your aggressor down phase.. Also you might want to get a znm shell and a sky shell aurum feet and kitty pants are to good to pass up. :Q
Asura.Shipoopi said:

This is what i WS in:

Ok first thing please stop using gigas bracelets for your ws those are killing your crit mod T.T af hands will do till heca/perle. The next improvement would be getting a dd head gear for your ws phase something like sipahi turban till better gear and finally haub+1.
 Asura.Shipoopi
By Asura.Shipoopi 2010-08-16 08:32:51  
thanks guys :) super helful info, as for hands should i stick with pallys on ws set or fork over the gil for alkys?
 Valefor.Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-08-16 08:34:06  
TP:
Dusk hands and feet
Bomblet and PCC if you can afford it

WS:
Rampage in your Relic hands (-DEX is bad for crit WS).
Work on Heca hands/feet (or wait until perle)
Potent/life belt for WS (situationally)
Acc rings for WS (situationally)

Edit: beaten

Alkys/Pallas are only useful for single hit WS (Steel cyclone for WAR) every other WS will either need DEX to for critical hit chance (Raging Rush and Rampage) or just need accuracy to land all the hits (Kings Justice).

So for you Multi hit WS you want to look at hands with +DEX and/or accuracy as landing all the hits consistently is the best way to increase your damage. So heca is good if you can get it, until then Fourth Division Gauntlets a very cheap way to improve your accuracy or Relic hands give a nice boost to attack when you don't need the accuracy.
 Alexander.Temaruma
By Alexander.Temaruma 2010-08-16 08:35:08  
To my understanding, you should not use the gigas bracelets set for warrior weaponskills as the main ones you would use, Raging Rush (Gaxe) and Rampage (Axe) are modded by critical hits, which are affected by the loss of DEX on bracelets.
 Asura.Shipoopi
By Asura.Shipoopi 2010-08-16 08:43:29  
@Galahad i'm still learning which stats do what atm, silly i know considering my job levels etc. haub+1 is that haubergeon or hauberk?
 Asura.Shipoopi
By Asura.Shipoopi 2010-08-16 08:44:58  
ok ill go shopping now and then re-up my gear sets
 Valefor.Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-08-16 08:47:37  
Asura.Shipoopi said:
@Galahad i'm still learning which stats do what atm, silly i know considering my job levels etc. haub+1 is that haubergeon or hauberk?

Hauby+1 is either haubergeon+1 or hauberk+1.

They are basically the same thing (just hauberk+1 tends to be cheaper due to the lower job list).

Dusk would be the top of my shopping list.
Then hauby+1 if you have the money.
 Alexander.Temaruma
By Alexander.Temaruma 2010-08-16 08:47:55  
Asura.Shipoopi said:

Haub+1 is generally haubergeon+1 but if you don't have any jobs other than warrior that would use it, go for hauberk+1 as its cheaper.

Darn argettio beat me :(
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-16 08:49:23  
I doubt his dDEX will be high enough to crit alot anyways (the bracelets) but -dex is still -acc so yeah, keep clear of those:P
 Valefor.Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-08-16 08:59:19  
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
I doubt his dDEX will be high enough to crit alot anyways (the bracelets) but -dex is still -acc so yeah, keep clear of those:P

Fighting VT and T exp mobs with his gear (ignoring bracelets) he should have enough DEX to get just over floored crit rate.

But the point was the accuracy and educating the OP about Rampage/Raging Rush.
 Asura.Shipoopi
By Asura.Shipoopi 2010-08-16 09:13:37  
Ok, just got back from Whitegate, so here goes (pockets feel a lot lighter) lol

TP Set:

WS Set:

This is all based on the help from you all so thank you so much =D

Any more help is appreciated, i have 440k remaining. As a Taru i was looking at the Creek M Mitts?
 Alexander.Xgalahadx
user: xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2010-08-16 09:15:57  
Sorry about the slow response my phone sucks... Anyway your on the right track man won't be long till your a great war .:)
 Caitsith.Heimdall
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-08-16 09:18:33  
Unicorn Leggings for 74 maybe price has really droped since perle came out
 Valefor.Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-08-16 09:19:23  
Asura.Shipoopi said:
Ok, just got back from Whitegate, so here goes (pockets feel a lot lighter) lol

This is all based on the help from you all so thank you so much =D

Any more help is appreciated, i have 440k remaining. As a Taru i was looking at the Creek M Mitts?

All looks good. Nice call on the new legs (I had forgotten about them).

Creek M Mitts are pretty good, and one of the best pieces you can get off the AH. But if you intend on doing sky I would just try and get heca hands.

Caitsith.Heimdall said:
Unicorn Leggings for 74 maybe price has really droped since perle came out

They are a pain in the *** to keep the latent active, so I would probably leave it (although they are damn cheap now).
 Alexander.Temaruma
By Alexander.Temaruma 2010-08-16 09:19:28  
Looking good, I wouldn't worry much about the creek gloves since your getting perle at 78, be sure to pick up a walahra turban at 75 though.

Also a sky shell would be a great thing to join for Byakko's Haidate and hecatomb hands/feet abjurations when you get some spare time.

Sigh I'm slow today .__.
First Page 2 3