Emperor Fish, Location And Bait?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » Emperor Fish, location and bait?
Emperor Fish, location and bait?
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-08-21 04:07:44  
Some guy asked me to fish for him, assuming he is either skilling up cooking or gonna make a lot of taco.

Anyway, accordning to wiki you fish emperor fish in Beaucedine Glacier with trout ball. But this dont seem to work,I havent had a single bite in 1 hour. What am I doing wrong?

I'm currently at the pod in H-9 in Beaucedine Glacier, using lu shang and trout balls, and absolutely nothing bites.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-21 04:40:26  
I use kida's guide which agrees but yeah.

I find it hard to believe you haven't had a single bite in an hour since 5 items and 5 different monsters there which will bite at anything.

I always did the pond up on the way to fei yin.

Anyways emp fish might be a bit tough for you being as they are lvl 94 fish. Generally if I remember right my bite rate was decent. Like at least 25-35%
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-08-21 04:48:26  
I went to the pond closest to fei yin at first, but later moved to the pond at outpost. I'm actually getting fish now, have no idea why nothing would bite before.

My fishing now is 52+4, so they do put up a fight ofcourse.Bit rate atm is far from 25-35% though, its more like 5-10% (not counting monsters and subligars ofc), I've gotten 10 fishes since I moved to this pond about 30-40 min ago
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-21 04:52:12  
That big of a skill difference tends to have a bit of effect on bite rate. Plus I use the guild body.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-08-21 04:57:05  
oh, I didnt know skill effected bit rate. Just thought it was harder to fight the fish with lower skill.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-21 04:59:43  
It's effects aren't huge. It also effects break rates too. But again it's no where as much as other crafts would by far
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-08-21 05:03:34  
hmm ok well. The guy that asked me to fish for him wanted 50 emperor fishes, guess that will take a lot longer to fish at this rate than I had expected lol. But he's paying 150 k for 50 fishes, so I guess it's worth the trouble.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-21 05:09:22  
Yeah there are several niche fishes with decent bite rates if you are lvl 100 with body that sell for alot like that... but generally people only use them for certain skill up ranges in crafts. Like bonecrafters will want titanicus and sawfish and trumpet shells from like the mid 80s to 100 cause even paying 1.5-3k per fish it's still alot cheaper than other recipes
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-08-21 05:12:46  
I think this guy is probably going to make tav salad/taco, because he said he's gonna need a whole lot of Grimmonite as well.

Kind of annoying that none of these fishes are stackable though, as I'm going to have to keep them in my inventory til he logs on :(
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-21 05:19:29  
Btw if you don't have it and didn't know the guild body is really awesome. Only gp item really worth getting unless you just have extra points (which if you actually try isn't hard to do since most days at higher lvls yuou can get a good 4-5k a day on just a couple of fish) unless you going for ebisu of course.

And if you synergize it it gets 1 fishing skill too
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-08-21 05:25:28  
I was looking in to the body, but I assumed the waders were better with skill +2?

And I'm not really sure, I'm in the cooking guild as well and would lose my guild points if I want to tade fish to fishing guild, I think? I have been working on gp for cooking apron, but the cooking guild hates me. It always seems to be "Trade 250.000 of whatever is really hard to come by items for 250 GP"

I'm never gonna get enough GP for apron in the cooking guild lol.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-21 05:28:44  
Like I said skill helps but small amounts are barely noticeable even on harder fish.

While the body decreases the amount of items you fish up a bit. If you ever fish somewhere where items happen (pretty much anywhere) or later on fishing in towns alot where items are pretty common it can make a huge difference.

But yeah you can only do gp in one guild at a time and switching makes you lose gp
 Ramuh.Lorzy
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-08-21 06:12:30  
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
I was looking in to the body, but I assumed the waders were better with skill +2?

And I'm not really sure, I'm in the cooking guild as well and would lose my guild points if I want to tade fish to fishing guild, I think? I have been working on gp for cooking apron, but the cooking guild hates me. It always seems to be "Trade 250.000 of whatever is really hard to come by items for 250 GP"

cooking gp is always really gay.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-08-21 06:14:49  
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:

yea, its never ever anything you can just go buy off the AH and get decent points from. Always thos stupid things that no one ever makes, ever. And HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE ingredients and what not. SE hates chefs :(
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-21 06:15:22  
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
At least it aint goldsmithing... Sure it might be 7k for one item 1 O ring lol
 Asura.Meowzma
サーバ: Asura
user: meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-08-21 07:09:31  
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
oh, I didnt know skill effected bit rate. Just thought it was harder to fight the fish with lower skill.

20-30 levels below the fish should be fine, any more than that isn't worth your time. As you're 40~ below, I'd recommend you cap out on Trumpet Shells first, or at least get to 60.

You could also cap out on Shall Shell (53) in Bubu, then change to Bluetail (55) at the same place, though Blues don't bite as often (still doable though).
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-08-21 07:12:44  
Asura.Meowzma said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:

20-30 levels below the fish should be fine, any more than that isn't worth your time. As you're 40~ below, I'd recommend you cap out on Trumpet Shells first, or at least get to 60.

Oh, I'm not fishing these for skillups. I skillup in nashmau. Just fishing these today because someone offer me 150 k for 50 fishes, and that seems like a great deal for me. Especially since I still get the occasional skillup from these as well. I'm @ 41/50 fishes now, 9 more fishes and I'm off to nashmau for skillups again ^^
 Asura.Meowzma
サーバ: Asura
user: meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-08-21 07:20:15  
Ah right lol, well I'd get to work skilling up if your business partner in crime offers again, would really cut down the time you spent fishing Emperors.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-08-21 07:26:38  
He already asked me if I could fish 150 grimmonites as well. But thats gonna have to wait til he takes these 50 off my inventory. I'm assuming that he'd be willing to pay 2 k per grimm, as they are 2.5-3 k on AH.

That'll be another 300k for me to just sell the fish that im already skilling up and NPC'ing atm anyway. Well technically im fishing ahtapot, but its basically the same thing. If I can fish them without much trouble, I should be able to fish the grimms too I assume.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-21 07:32:23  
I preferred doing marlin till almost 60. Especially now that I can DB the Mkris fight. Granted I've yet to get a Mkris from it but still I should be able to get them decently
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-08-21 07:36:11  
I hate ferry fishing though. I fished noble lady for awhile, but getting on and off the ferry every 15 or so min drives me crazy lol
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-21 07:38:32  
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
I hate ferry fishing though. I fished noble lady for awhile, but getting on and off the ferry every 15 or so min drives me crazy lol
Lol you should try fishing for sea zombies... get on get off get on get off waiting for that pirate attack.

Or gugrus keep ferrying but having to go repair your rod every 2-3 you hook lol.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-08-21 07:42:30  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Lol you should try fishing for sea zombies... get on get off get on get off waiting for that pirate attack.

Or gugrus keep ferrying but having to go repair your rod every 2-3 you hook lol.

D:

I dont have ww to fix lu shangs, if it breaks I have to either do the quest to fix it or have a friend fix it for me ; ;
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-21 07:50:04  
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Lol you should try fishing for sea zombies... get on get off get on get off waiting for that pirate attack. Or gugrus keep ferrying but having to go repair your rod every 2-3 you hook lol.
D: I dont have ww to fix lu shangs, if it breaks I have to either do the quest to fix it or have a friend fix it for me ; ;
Yeah I got 2 so I wouldn't have to leave after the first break which was often the first fish and then put an npc in rabao so I wouldn't have to run back and forth...

Got tired of that so ended up just doing nashmau fish for monies then bought them lol
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-08-21 07:58:31  
Which is the most profitable nashmau fish btw? Is there any better ones than Mercanbaligi and Ahtapot?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-21 08:05:19  
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Which is the most profitable nashmau fish btw? Is there any better ones than Mercanbaligi and Ahtapot?
ptyre or whatever it is that caps a little higher sells for 100 more than ahtapots 200 more than mercan... and has about the same bite rate as those fish. But you are only targeting that one so that means if you were doing both the others you are effectively halving your bite rate. And it takes bait. Sure the bait is cheap and buyable on the way there but it takes up space and eventually adds up. Plus you are only doing a unstackable fish with it so that space really hurts and makes you npc alot more often.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-08-21 08:11:11  
so basically Mercanbaligi and Ahtapot are the ones to fish for NPC money? Atleast while skilling up til 90ish?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-21 08:13:23  
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
so basically Mercanbaligi and Ahtapot are the ones to fish for NPC money? Atleast while skilling up til 90ish?
Yeah pretty much. Also are the ones to npc if you don't have much time