Fishing Far Below The Fishes Cap?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » Fishing far below the fishes cap?
Fishing far below the fishes cap?
 Caitsith.Nozomu
サーバ: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
By Caitsith.Nozomu 2009-01-22 23:14:43  
Hello, I just began fishing one week ago and am wondering, to fish up certian things do you have to be within a certian range of its cap? I was reeling in Forest Carp on a Lv0 Fishing mule and they cap at 20. So I am assuming that as long as you have the correct rod and bait you can reel in anything just it will be harder to deplete its stamina? Or if its too hard it will break your rod maybe? Please let me know any information regarding this, thanks.

Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

At LV18, I was fishing up Black Sole on rare occasion (LV96 cap fish).

Fishing is a bit weird, but pretty much if you're using X Setup, and it applies to higher fish, theres a chance those fish will bite.
 Caitsith.Nozomu
By Caitsith.Nozomu 2009-01-22 23:22:10  
Ah wow cool, were you managing to get any skillup off of them? And were they fatiguing you very fast?

There wasn't much difference between them and what I was skilling on, and I didn't even get a "negative" fishing message. O_o (Was using Halcyon Rod and Shrimp Lure). I think out of five Sole I've gotten, I got one 0.3 Skill up. You'd think they'd give more skill ups. T_T
 Caitsith.Nozomu
By Caitsith.Nozomu 2009-01-22 23:30:22  
I am really just trying to get to being about to fish up Trumpet Shells, but I don't want to only be able to fish up 10 or somthing low lol. Already at 2500Moats and only 12 Fishing.... lol. I noticed on my Lv0Fishing Character(That is not gimped by the 10Fish Limit if under Lv20 and Less than 2 weeks old) I fatigued after about only about 15 fish. I was assuming it was because I was pulling in Lv20Cap Forest Carp. With my Lv12 I have been pulling in 200 fish. I guess fishing just nothing like other crafts XD.
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
サーバ: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-01-22 23:30:39  
Fishing doesn't give you many skill ups to begin with, that you got 1/5 Black Sole skill ups in and of itself is rather lucky. As for fishing and catching fish above your cap, if you get serious about catching fish, the real prime skill up area (for me, anyone else can input their own experiences) is about 15 levels below what the fish catch at. At 44 fishing, I'm snagging Shall Shells for my skill ups at the moment. Fishing is indeed a rather wierd skill.
 Seraph.Jacaut
user: Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2009-01-22 23:48:10  
kya is a loser, id know hes my best lover <3
 Midgardsormr.Annora
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Annor
By Midgardsormr.Annora 2009-01-28 14:26:47  

Yes, you can catch fish 60 levels higher than your current level, just the likely hood of you having enough stamina to fight the fish in will be rare. Best to stick with 1-15 levels under cap.
Nozomu said:
Hello, I just began fishing one week ago and am wondering, to fish up certian things do you have to be within a certian range of its cap? I was reeling in Forest Carp on a Lv0 Fishing mule and they cap at 20. So I am assuming that as long as you have the correct rod and bait you can reel in anything just it will be harder to deplete its stamina? Or if its too hard it will break your rod maybe? Please let me know any information regarding this, thanks.
 Caitsith.Samina
user: Samina
By Caitsith.Samina 2009-01-28 14:37:48  
this information will help me as i have 100+4 cooking and am currently doing fishing in my spare time. thanks guys.
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-28 14:47:35  
Just a question for you guys, obviously you all fish, and I just have to know how you guys manage to hold on to your sanity while skilling up...I've got fishing to 8 after prolly 8 hours of total time spent. I get a skillup like once every 10 fish, if that. What am I doing wrong? Please someone help me 'cause I'm gonna need it levelled somewhat if I wanna make any money with my cooking lol
 Leviathan.Dialasa
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Dialasa
By Leviathan.Dialasa 2009-01-28 14:50:20  
Have you tri fishing for fish that in your level range it just like a craft if it 5 lvl in range of your skill you level faster than a fish that 10 lvl out of range
 Pandemonium.Luignata
サーバ: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-01-28 15:22:08

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Just a question for you guys, obviously you all fish, and I just have to know how you guys manage to hold on to your sanity while skilling up...I've got fishing to 8 after prolly 8 hours of total time spent. I get a skillup like once every 10 fish, if that. What am I doing wrong? Please someone help me 'cause I'm gonna need it levelled somewhat if I wanna make any money with my cooking lol

- Get comfy. I use a laptop. Sitting in a computer chair for the entire day isn't my idea of fun.

- The skill ups you describe are normal, typical skill ups. Hell they're better then my current one. I'm currently skilling in SSG with Halycon and Crayfish Paste trying to target Nebimonite. I tried the ferry but the constant board and unboarding along with the fear of Sea Horror and the fact that the zone was overfished and I was getting 10 "Didn't catch anything"'s in a row on a brand new day of fishing...

- Fishing is only for the brave and determined. Level 10 is a good goal marker to determine if you've got what it takes to fish, if you can make it there and still have the desire to fish, you just might make it.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-28 15:41:13  
Dialasa said:
Have you tri fishing for fish that in your level range it just like a craft if it 5 lvl in range of your skill you level faster than a fish that 10 lvl out of range

Yeah, I was doing the carp out at Knightwell, believe they cap at 11...last time I went out I did it for like 40 minutes and got one lousy .1, wept for a minute, then gave up for the day. My rate of skill ups with cooking were NEVER that bad lol

Luignata said:
- Get comfy. I use a laptop. Sitting in a computer chair for the entire day isn't my idea of fun.

- The skill ups you describe are normal, typical skill ups. Hell they're better then my current one. I'm currently skilling in SSG with Halycon and Crayfish Paste trying to target Nebimonite. I tried the ferry but the constant board and unboarding along with the fear of Sea Horror and the fact that the zone was overfished and I was getting 10 "Didn't catch anything"'s in a row on a brand new day of fishing...

- Fishing is only for the brave and determined. Level 10 is a good goal marker to determine if you've got what it takes to fish, if you can make it there and still have the desire to fish, you just might make it.

Ok, well good to know at least I'm not doing anything wrong. I've primarily been using Yew Rods (although I've since picked up a Halcyon that I haven't used yet, waiting for Yews to break first lol) and Insect Balls at Knightwell, targeting Moat Carp (only 9800 left til Lu Shangs! lol). Seems like fishing skill ups are a lot more hard to come by then other crafts, at least in my case. Thanks for the advice, I might try and kick it up to the next good spot, maybe being within 3 levels to cap is whats slowing me down?
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-28 15:48:02  
I find fishing relaxing and a very enjoyable way of losing my aches and angers from the day, be they from idiots in the game or at work. I wouldn't Fish because it's fun, because it's not. I find it more therapeutic and chilling than exciting.

As such, the skill ups don't really matter to me, but it's always fun when I get them!
 Bahamut.Memimi
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Memimi
By Bahamut.Memimi 2009-01-28 16:31:17  
One thing I've noticed is that skill ups come faster the closer you are to capping on a fish, so try to stay fishing things that are close to your level for fish skill ups. ^^

Lol woo. I think fishing is tons of fun :D That's why I do it.7k to Lu shangs >_>

Xxnumbertwoxx said:

If you want skillups(or even a decent amount of fish, for that matter) fish around New Moon or Full Moon.

Moat Carp - Windurst Woods w/ Halcyon Rod + Insect Balls til 11
Yellow Globes - Qufim Island Ice Pond w/ Halcyon Rod + Sabiki Rig til 17
Nebimonite - Selbina>Mhaura/Mhaura>Selbina OR Sea Serpent Grotto Lake w/ Halcyon Rod + Shrimp Lure til 27.

I've noticed now that I'm in the 20's of fishing, I don't catch crap during mid-moon phase. Anything between 20% and 70% just seems to suck.

I do it to make money, but also to relax, seeing as its reasonably mind-less, and I have a raging hot temper to keep in check, since I run an LS. >.,<
 Pandemonium.Luignata
サーバ: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-01-28 16:39:52

Aledacia said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
If you want skillups(or even a decent amount of fish, for that matter) fish around New Moon or Full Moon. Moat Carp - Windurst Woods w/ Halcyon Rod + Insect Balls til 11 Yellow Globes - Qufim Island Ice Pond w/ Halcyon Rod + Sabiki Rig til 17 Nebimonite - Selbina&gt;Mhaura/Mhaura&gt;Selbina OR Sea Serpent Grotto Lake w/ Halcyon Rod + Shrimp Lure til 27. I've noticed now that I'm in the 20's of fishing, I don't catch crap during mid-moon phase. Anything between 20% and 70% just seems to suck. I do it to make money, but also to relax, seeing as its reasonably mind-less, and I have a raging hot temper to keep in check, since I run an LS. &gt;.,&lt;

I wait for the day you switch to COR, pull out your gun, and start shooting the water.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-28 16:58:56  
Luignata said:
I wait for the day you switch to COR, pull out your gun, and start shooting the water.

If we could fish like that I'd find it much more enjoyable!

DYNAMITE FISHING FTW!!!!!

Luignata said:

I tried that, but the captain of the boat kicked me off. >:(
 Caitsith.Nozomu
By Caitsith.Nozomu 2009-02-01 11:53:03  
Annora said:
Yes, you can catch fish 60 levels higher than your current level, just the likely hood of you having enough stamina to fight the fish in will be rare. Best to stick with 1-15 levels under cap.
Nozomu said:

Is this true only up to 60 skills above? If i'm 20 can only catch up to 80? Or were you just saying 60 as a hypothetical number?
 Gilgamesh.Udasai
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Udasai
By Gilgamesh.Udasai 2009-02-01 12:06:50  
I think the best I've been able to pull in is around 50 ish above lvl. I caught a Ryugu Titan at like 53, and the fish is like 100 cap. Granted for the one I caught I would lose 20 more. So the answer is you CAN catch fish 50 lvls above you, but I wouldn't plan on it.

I went to Nashmau around 56 with an albatross ring, and lvled on the 2 fish there that capped at 86 and 90.
 Titan.Turelio
サーバ: Titan
user: turelio
By Titan.Turelio 2009-02-01 12:15:39  
I actually caught a ryugu titan at lvl 28 on the ferry with a lu shang just screwing around one day. I have never even gotten on past 50% since that day. I wouldn't recommend it as you stand a good chance of losing your lure and/or breaking your rod.
 Bahamut.Cyr
user: Cyr
By Bahamut.Cyr 2009-02-01 12:27:44  
You can indeed catch any fish at any level, as long as you can get it on the line, and are good enough at reeling :p

I started in talacca in the single-digit fishing levels, and the fish there are 90+.
 Ragnarok.Albender
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Albender
By Ragnarok.Albender 2009-02-01 13:03:58  
Just fished a Pterygotus cap 99 and I am currently lv 39. Got instant +0.3 :)
<3 Lu Shang's
 Caitsith.Nozomu
By Caitsith.Nozomu 2009-02-02 19:30:11  
So I finially got Lu Shangs and figured it was time to start making gil off Trumpet Shells. Idk why, but for some reason it seems that Lu does not deplete stamina or hold the fish for anylonger then a Mithrin rod had been for me when I first tried(Only problem was breakage). Are there any other good places to fish besides these and in SSG? For profit that is; preferably vendoring. I end up catching so many Nebomite in SSG it sends up being a hassle to compete selling against 20 other people with 7 stacks sitting on AH lol. I guess Lu's only good for the fact it can catch both big and small fish without "Too small" or breaking(Except Legendary). I can't say that im not just a little disappointed. I couldn't even catch a coral fragment, I remember seeing people(probally RMT) reeling them in like crazy. Anybody have a best setup/location for these? Also I prefer using Lures, running back and forth for bait is not my cup of tea.
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-02-09 18:55:08  
Xxnumbertwoxx said:

I know a lot of people get some motivation out of the fact that fishing is usually a cost free endevour, being that the cost of consumable bait like insect paste, little worms, or what-have-you are often cheaper than the fish you catch with them. Lures, with an inexperienced fisher (and I mean the player, not the character) can become expensive if the lure is constantly being lost. Robber rigs on Seraph run about 10k, if you're fishing shall shells and lose a lure every few fish, your digging your gil pouch's grave. If making money is your thing, and your not going to invest your time into Lu Shang's, fishing GP items, etc, grab a Halycon, buy up some insect paste, and fish moats. Those Lu Shang hunters will drop gil tons buying them up, and they cap at 11.

If your going the long haul for the greater fishes and greater rewards, there are several guides on ffxiclopedia.org that can help you either level up, fish skill ups while hunting Lu Shangs, or mix and match for your own pleasure.
 Siren.Sinneloa
サーバ: Siren
user: Sinneloa
By Siren.Sinneloa 2009-03-07 12:35:30  
Currently fishing Bladefish in E.Saruta and fishing skill is 58.5 plus my fishing gear and waders is 63.5 plus Advanced Fishing skillup makes it 66.5 using a Comp rod with meatballs is good. I think the Bladefish cap at 71.0 but not sure.
 Bahamut.Hatekhaos
user: hatekhaos
By Bahamut.Hatekhaos 2009-03-07 13:23:25  
Fishing can be rough some days- Using a Pelican ring i got .3 skillup total after fishing an entire day then another day for example yesterday had 2 skillups. Its still fun though- what sucks is when you spend all day fishing getting little or no skillups then people undercut the price of the fish you are selling.