RDM Daggers: Where?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » RDM Daggers: Where?
RDM Daggers: Where?
 Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero 2010-09-20 10:40:47  
So what's the deal with SE leaving us RDMs out of the list of jobs that equip all these new daggers? (Most notably the Magian ones)

I realize we get some really nice swords, and Death Blossom is pretty awesome, ( I still don't have the newest sword ws), but I always liked using dagger too. Seeing how getting mandau is not a realistic possibility, what are the options, lvl 70ish daggers like blau dolch or misericorde +1?

Thoughts?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
サーバ: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-09-20 10:46:48  
? Why would you guys even need daggers? Name one up side to having a dagger over a sword.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-09-20 10:50:02  
Cactrot (though you don't use the high level one for that lol)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-09-20 11:05:55  
i have been a joyeuse user for a long long years, 8 months ago i realized a blau dolch is way better and outparses by a lot if vs joyeuse
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-09-20 11:09:13  
Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:
i have been a joyeuse user for a long long years, 8 months ago i realized a blau dolch is way better and outparses by a lot if vs joyeuse
how high is red mages dagger skill? If it isn't high then you could only use it on weak ~ even prey monsters. Anything above that would just have the monster evade the attacks.
[+]
 Siren.Shihan
サーバ: Siren
user: shihan
By Siren.Shihan 2010-09-20 11:10:41  
Red Mage dagger skill is the same as their sword skill...
[+]
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-09-20 11:13:08  
Siren.Shihan said:
Red Mage dagger skill is the same as their sword skill...
Didn't know that (thats why I asked) I asumed that red mages best skill was there swords. If that is the case then sure its annoying that they can't use magian daggers but as what was already said you get great swords so who cares?
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-09-20 11:24:52  
305 dagger/sword skill at lvl 85 (321) with merits, can use Evisceration
[+]
 Odin.Mikumaru
サーバ: Odin
user: Mikumaru
By Odin.Mikumaru 2010-09-20 11:37:53  
Titan.Darkwizardzin said:
? Why would you guys even need daggers? Name one up side to having a dagger over a sword.
DoT and the rare case of RDM tanking in a low man PT . If RDM was able to equip a Magian OaT/Multi-Hit Dagger , its possible that DWing 2 of these would out DMG 2 OaT/Multi-Hit Swords , over time . Dagger also has Engergy Steal (the MP drain one ) which Sword doesnt , so again in a low man set up Vs a Mob that hs MP , a dagger would be more useful Vs a Sword (Since a melee RDM strength is DoT not Spike) . thats just one RDM's opinion tho .
 Leviathan.Iphigenia
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Iphigenia 2010-09-20 11:44:38  
Odin.Mikumaru said:
DoT and the rare case of RDM tanking in a low man PT . If RDM was able to equip a Magian OaT/Multi-Hit Dagger , its possible that DWing 2 of these would out DMG 2 OaT/Multi-Hit Swords , over time . Dagger also has Engergy Steal (the MP drain one ) which Sword doesnt , so again in a low man set up Vs a Mob that hs MP , a dagger would be more useful Vs a Sword (Since a melee RDM strength is DoT not Spike) . thats just one RDM's opinion tho .

Not to sound like a hungry troll, but really... RDM melee DoT? Hey I like to swing the old sword but this thread seems a bit silly.

BST got left out of the new magian scythe trials and nobody is crying for the same reason that this is a non-issue. Low skill and situational (cough) use.
 Bismarck.Enzoe
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Enzoe
By Bismarck.Enzoe 2010-09-20 11:44:51  

Evisceration and enspell 2

I main dagger>sword with rdm any day.
[+]
 Odin.Mikumaru
サーバ: Odin
user: Mikumaru
By Odin.Mikumaru 2010-09-20 12:11:02  
Leviathan.Iphigenia said:
Odin.Mikumaru said:

Not to sound like a hungry troll, but really... RDM melee DoT? Hey I like to swing the old sword but this thread seems a bit silly.

BST got left out of the new magian scythe trials and nobody is crying for the same reason that this is a non-issue. Low skill and situational (cough) use.
its not trolling , youre just adding to the discussion . RDM has same Skill in Dagger and Sword . Yes they arent a DD like Say BLU or DRK can be with a Sword . Yes , currently Melee RDM is a hobby/solo thing , but nothing wrong with that . With some of the new Spells like Addle and Boost-Stat coupled with a little gearing effort and swappin Pie/Puff/watev with some Melee food and (depending on Mob)the right sub you could do some fun stuff by youre self or with 1-3 friends . It doesnt always have to be about the Epeen/Big-bada-boomboom , sometimes a game is played for fun .
 Unicorn.Ixn
サーバ: Unicorn
user: unknown
By Unicorn.Ixn 2010-09-20 13:12:00  
i want a dagger with 150 delay 0 dmg and enspell damage+20 :3
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-09-20 19:40:01  
Unicorn.Ixn said:
i want a dagger with 150 delay 0 dmg and enspell damage+20 :3
Haha, who doesn't.