Samurai 4 hit build
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15
 Fenrir.Uzugami
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: SSJAV
By Fenrir.Uzugami 2011-07-18 06:16:59  
Norondor said:
I am actually starting Twashtar with some help from my LS this week (since now it's actually good enough for dancer that i am willing to mess with it, ha ha~). If you don't mind me asking, Asymptotic, how'd you get your pops? Actual fight seems not that bad, but getting pop items seems like, uh, a total pain in the neck compared to Bria/Sobek.

Know question was directed towards Asymptotic, but if I may: Depending on server (idk how your's is) My group had 1 person cleaving for te/KI's while the others camped Sandworm/Adze. Finished Ukon80~ in about 2 days worth.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-18 06:17:47  
Norondor said:
I am actually starting Twashtar with some help from my LS this week (since now it's actually good enough for dancer that i am willing to mess with it, ha ha~). If you don't mind me asking, Asymptotic, how'd you get your pops? Actual fight seems not that bad, but getting pop items seems like, uh, a total pain in the neck compared to Bria/Sobek.

DNC + NIN/WAR

I'd sit at Gnat while he sat at Cow, often I'd have my mule there as nin/rng for widescan (mule is only level 80, so nin was for shadows to be able to pull + sneak/invis).

One of us would claim a NM, we'd trigger it, then once we both had that set, we'd switch and get the other NM.

Then we'd kill 2 cats and 2 efts and then 2 manticores and 2 ***. Sometimes more because freezebite *** sucks.

It wasn't the most efficient way, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

When we both had our mules there, we'd get 4 pops.
 Cerberus.Hiryo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Hiryo
By Cerberus.Hiryo 2011-07-18 06:24:02  
Fenrir.Uzugami said:
Norondor said:

Know question was directed towards Asymptotic, but if I may: Depending on server (idk how your's is) My group had 1 person cleaving for te/KI's while the others camped Sandworm/Adze. Finished Ukon80~ in about 2 days worth.

Basically what we did, had a blu and his whm mule whiskering coerels, and a nin and whm aeoleon edge burning bats, while the rest of us camped Adze and Mino, finished in 2 days also~
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-18 06:25:53  
It's a lot more efficient if you have backup for cleaving. I did it the hard way :(

Then I got 100% completion in the canyon so I never have to go back ever.
[+]
 Cerberus.Hiryo
By Cerberus.Hiryo 2011-07-18 06:30:02  
Haha, I know your pain! We did Ukon > H2H > Ukon, I HATE that place now. I'm pretty sure if we do another round of emps, we're gonna be back there alot again...
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-18 06:31:40  
Cerberus.Hiryo said:
Haha, I know your pain! We did Ukon > H2H > Ukon, I HATE that place now. I'm pretty sure if we do another round of emps, we're gonna be back there alot again...

Wow. I'd be like, "Who wants to do some Walk of Echoes!?"
By Norondor 2011-07-18 06:34:19  
I am one of the filthy peasants without mules so it'd just be probably me and three other people in my LS running around being idiots in Tahrongi. While we're all helping people with Empyreans i'd like to exhaust as little of their patience as possible in the meantime!

Given that it'll definitely be overcamped in there while we're all on (US PST) do you think it'd be quicker to go for NMs or cap amber and cleave/charged whisker for KIs? You're the ones with experience D:

also how itz :(
 Fenrir.Uzugami
By Fenrir.Uzugami 2011-07-18 06:36:04  
Cerberus.Hiryo said:

I feel your pain. I did: Dagger > Vere(mine, was a pain since my group decided to *** around which lead to me just soloing it.) > Moved to fenrir > Ukonx2 > Helping with vere(kinda, atm) > Doing my Ukon. I LOATHE the amount of time I've spent in this zone. Only good thing is that I got a regen+3 adaman Barbuta. Still looking for dat crit rate+3 Wivre neck :|
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-18 06:36:43  
If you have the capability to cleave, pick either gnats or coeurls and cleave them and catch random adzes/minhocaos when you can get the claim.

Itz is really easy. For Tunga, use Dragua's atma and have a whm keep barstonra up, you'll resist breakga 80-90% of the time. Manipulate his chainspells to keep him melee form and he doesn't do much of anything.

Also, you can just cleave attohwa, since all of Itz's KIs come from chests.
[+]
 Fenrir.Uzugami
By Fenrir.Uzugami 2011-07-18 06:37:58  
Norondor said:
I am one of the filthy peasants without mules so it'd just be probably me and three other people in my LS running around being idiots in Tahrongi. While we're all helping people with Empyreans i'd like to exhaust as little of their patience as possible in the meantime!

Given that it'll definitely be overcamped in there while we're all on (US PST) do you think it'd be quicker to go for NMs or cap amber and cleave/charged whisker for KIs? You're the ones with experience D:

also how itz :(

Depends, Cleaving imo is insanely random. Since that zone has WAY TOO *** MANY KI's. So relying on that for your sole source for KI's isn't really worth it, imo. :| Adze/Sandworm were easy for me to claim in rapid succession. Itz isn't that bad, Cleaving there is a lot more bearable WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE STUPID IDIOT SOLOERS LEVELING YOUR MOBS.
 Cerberus.Hiryo
By Cerberus.Hiryo 2011-07-18 06:38:24  
I want Vere for my pup, so no WoE weapon haha :P

Itz was a joke, we farmed amber on Chigoes and camped Tunga, but his Ki dropped decently from chests, often ironically from a gold chest from him lol and well the other two NM's are force pop so thats no problem.

if you have one of you whose a blue, have them whisker while the other three of you camp Adze / mino?
By Norondor 2011-07-18 06:44:54  
Yeah, i'll be helping our blu get Almace when we're not working on Twashtar, so i'll... look up a charged whisker guide to make sure she's not missing anything critical, i guess?

If we're going to be getting a ton of KIs from Adze i guess i should do a DA para, ha ha. ... even though that would mean doing black triple stars again, barf.
 Fenrir.Uzugami
By Fenrir.Uzugami 2011-07-18 06:46:05  
Norondor said:
Yeah, i'll be helping our blu get Almace when we're not working on Twashtar, so i'll... look up a charged whisker guide to make sure she's not missing anything critical, i guess?

If we're going to be getting a ton of KIs from Adze i guess i should do a DA para, ha ha. ... even though that would mean doing black triple stars again, barf.

We had like, 3 people doing this when we were working on Ukon. rofl
By Norondor 2011-07-18 06:48:20  
My hermit friend actually soloed his. His aversion to playing with other people is really astonishing sometimes (but then again his fiance does not like him playing all the time so no point in having an LS :<)
By Acedd 2011-07-18 09:33:03  
Starkzz said:
Can spend that money getting relics, as apparently some are beating their empyrean counterpart, eh ironguy?
Not quite sure what you're trying to say here. Do you mean that bravura is better than Ukonvasara? Considering that's the only Empyrean that Iarumas has. Or were you just asking a general question by saying "eh ironguy?" ?
 Leviathan.Lunazetha
サーバ: Leviathan
user: MoonZ
By Leviathan.Lunazetha 2011-07-18 10:23:04  
and where is the sam stuff ;;

interesting how i came here and imediatly got into the thread then realized i was looking for sam stuff lol
 Phoenix.Fredjan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-07-18 10:44:33  
Acedd said:
Starkzz said:
Can spend that money getting relics, as apparently some are beating their empyrean counterpart, eh ironguy?
Not quite sure what you're trying to say here. Do you mean that bravura is better than Ukonvasara? Considering that's the only Empyrean that Iarumas has. Or were you just asking a general question by saying "eh ironguy?" ?
He meant Amanomurakumo > Masamune.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-07-18 11:18:46  
Leviathan.Lunazetha said:
and where is the sam stuff ;;

interesting how i came here and imediatly got into the thread then realized i was looking for sam stuff lol

you're wanting to go back all the way to page four is the jist of it; anything past four is basically banter between a guy with an 87 str rating and 1.4k hp, saying that his clearly inferior tp build is better than that of the guy with a 97 str rating and 1.7k hp (even with bullwhip belt accounted)

there's also some blue mage sprinkled on top of that here and there, but that's only a minor addition to all those pages
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2011-07-18 17:55:36  
Ironguy i watch alot of yer posts and stuff and since your a veteran sam and all i always wonder what your macros for sam look like :3

mine are all messy and whatnot but i mean about the placement of weaponskills and JA's is what im curious of
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-07-18 18:11:47  

i've used the same layout ever since i hit seventy-five basically (the first time, not the second time), and oddly enough ever since then, i've never had any desire to change such

the only things i've ever changed were a "status" button (which would announce hp/tp in party for lol360/ps2 users), where sengikori ("Sengi") is now, as well as blade bash, where konzen-ittai ("Konz") is now (which i dumped the merits entirely out of in favor of 5/5 ikishoten)

warrior and ninja follow the same pattern basically

"PDTFR", being physical damage taken full reduction (shadow mantle and jingang greaves), while "RPDR" refers to retaliation physical damage reduction (metallon mantle and ravager's calligae +2)

"CRIT", and "ATK", being macros to stalwart's/champion's tonics, since warriors doesn't really have much else to put into their macros

*edited a bunch of sentences there since they weren't as coherent as i thought they were at first when i typed them out; multi-tasking atm and it's hot as heck today, my igloo is melting :(((((((
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2011-07-18 19:58:21  
awesome! i pretty much had the same as yours except ws on the top and JA on the bottom XD
 Asura.Dajociont
サーバ: Asura
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2011-07-18 19:59:25  
loljamacros
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-18 20:15:37  
Pandemonium.Ironguy said:

i've used the same layout ever since i hit seventy-five basically (the first time, not the second time), and oddly enough ever since then, i've never had any desire to change such

the only things i've ever changed were a "status" button (which would announce hp/tp in party for lol360/ps2 users), where sengikori ("Sengi") is now, as well as blade bash, where konzen-ittai ("Konz") is now (which i dumped the merits entirely out of in favor of 5/5 ikishoten)

warrior and ninja follow the same pattern basically

"PDTFR", being physical damage taken full reduction (shadow mantle and jingang greaves), while "RPDR" refers to retaliation physical damage reduction (metallon mantle and ravager's calligae +2)

"CRIT", and "ATK", being macros to stalwart's/champion's tonics, since warriors doesn't really have much else to put into their macros

*edited a bunch of sentences there since they weren't as coherent as i thought they were at first when i typed them out; multi-tasking atm and it's hot as heck today, my igloo is melting :(((((((
why you usin sam macros on war?
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-07-18 20:17:33  
Asura.Dajociont said:
loljamacros

Real men control XI with their mind

[+]
By Entourage 2011-07-18 21:24:02  
^ that was cool
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-07-18 21:32:25  
Ramuh.Austar said:
why you usin sam macros on war?

[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-18 21:33:42  
swag
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-07-18 21:35:24  
it's like transformers

but without the robot part
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [136 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Kermes
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Kermes 2011-12-01 12:15:06  
Ironguy is so... Ironlady-like since server merger!
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-12-01 12:16:16  
Good job on the 4 month necrobump to respond to a guy that hasn't been able to post in forever.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15