フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » ToM Staves and/or swords for RDM
ToM Staves and/or swords for RDM
First Page 2
 Odin.Azaezal
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Azaezel
By Odin.Azaezal 2010-09-26 20:27:28  
Been a little confused where to even start for RDM hopefully someone can help me out... I was thinking of doing the Cure Potency and the MAcc+ (dark element path) just to save inventory space and not make a staff for ice, wind, earth enfeebles. Or are but then I was thinking of possibly just doing the Macc. Sword x2 for when I am /nin. (will be doing those anyway when I level BLU)... Any advice/suggestions... Thanks :D
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-26 20:28:59  
double macc swds still wouldn't beat HQ staffs even just for macc
[+]
 Odin.Azaezal
By Odin.Azaezal 2010-09-26 21:09:28  
Well thanks for the input I guess...
 Bahamut.Aeronis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-09-26 21:21:14  
I would get Earth MACC+ staff for Slow.
Ice ACC+ too if you have time
Swords, I know nothing of.
Also: assuming Addle is highly useful (As in, almost as useful as slow)
get the Fire ACC+

Just noticed you didn't want staffs for Ice/Earth/Wind... Do it anyways, you'll be a cooler RDM. Unless you're using ES, in which case you should be using Muse Tariqah and some MND+ Club
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-26 21:25:09  
Since SE started making NMs HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE Ie immune or easy to enfeeble I've yet to find a mob that was hard to slow but still fairly doable. And of course similar goes for bind and grav sleep. I think light acc might be interesting for those random times you can light sleep but not dark sleep and /whm.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-09-26 21:29:06  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Since SE started making NMs HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE Ie immune or easy to enfeeble I've yet to find a mob that was hard to slow but still fairly doable. And of course similar goes for bind and grav sleep. I think light acc might be interesting for those random times you can light sleep but not dark sleep and /whm.
Didn't think of the 99 Factor, mayhaps Light ACC will be a good thing to go for in the future.
 Odin.Azaezal
By Odin.Azaezal 2010-09-26 21:31:40  
thanks Aero. I'm going to assume the macc+17 strafe isn as good as this e ele acc +4 which is whet my confusion is coming from. Was trying to look it up but can't seeing, any information posted anywhere.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-26 21:32:08  
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Didn't think of the 99 Factor, mayhaps Light ACC will be a good thing to go for in the future.
Yeah might be. I did the math awhile before the trial staffs came out. And on like the really resistant but possible mobs like say imps I think it came out to almost as high a hit rate with sleep as repose. Unless you were weird and had divine merits and no enfeebling.

So would only been useful on the ones that are actually flat out immune to dark sleep
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-26 21:33:29  
Odin.Azaezal said:
thanks Aero. I'm going to assume the macc+17 strafe isn as good as this e ele acc +4 which is whet my confusion is coming from. Was trying to look it up but can't seeing, any information posted anywhere.
+5 now. Which if the numbers keep going the way they started should be like 60 macc or something. Though not sure if they kept the scaling the same all the way thru like they did the dmg portion
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-09-26 21:36:32  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Odin.Azaezal said:
+5 now. Which if the numbers keep going the way they started should be like 60 macc or something. Though not sure if they kept the scaling the same all the way thru like they did the dmg portion
That^
 Odin.Azaezal
By Odin.Azaezal 2010-09-26 21:41:53  
Excuse the massive typos.. In dynamis lol. But thanks you cleared that up for me... Guess I have to have -inventory.... don't even want to think of my smn staves :(
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-26 21:45:16  
Odin.Azaezal said:
Excuse the massive typos.. In dynamis lol. But thanks you cleared that up for me... Guess I have to have -inventory.... don't even want to think of my smn staves :(
Just get nirvana. It would probably be faster and is better than all of them combine lol
 Odin.Azaezal
By Odin.Azaezal 2010-09-26 21:49:15  
Would you like to make a donation? lol
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-26 21:52:56  
Well look at it this way. It takes time to make gil. It takes forever to do all the staffs lol. In the end it might actually be faster to make nirvana
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-09-26 23:48:38  
Not counting the 5000 garland of bliss kills you gotta do to make it equal to magians? lol
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [32 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Akantor
サーバ: Valefor
user: Danny
By Valefor.Akantor 2010-10-28 16:38:21  
I have to say that I was thinking the same as you, 1st of all let's see how "[element] Magic Affinity: Magic Accuracy +" works:

[element] Magic Affinity: Magic Accuracy +1 = Magic Accuracy +20
[element] Magic Affinity: Magic Accuracy +2 = Magic Accuracy +30
[element] Magic Affinity: Magic Accuracy +3 = Magic Accuracy +40
[element] Magic Affinity: Magic Accuracy +4 = Magic Accuracy +50
[element] Magic Affinity: Magic Accuracy +5 = Magic Accuracy +60

You can also check more info about Magic Affinity here: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Magic_Affinity

Now Let's compare the Magic Accuracy for each stave:

[ Shamshir +1 (sword) ]
MP+60
Magic Accuracy +14

[ Shareeravadi (staff) ] ( Shareeravadi +1 = Mag. Acc. +? )
MP+75
Magic Accuracy +16

[ NQ Staves ]
[element] Magic Affinity: Magic Accuracy +1 = Magic Accuracy +20

[ HQ Staves ]
[element] Magic Affinity: Magic Accuracy +2 = Magic Accuracy +30

[ ToM Staves (golden ones) ]
[element] Magic Affinity: Magic Accuracy +4 = Magic Accuracy +50

[ ToM Staves +1 ]
[element] Magic Affinity: Magic Accuracy +5 = Magic Accuracy +60

According to this, we can notice that:

- Having a Shareeravadi staff is equal to have a NQ staff -1
You will have less staffs but still need to increase your inventory w/more equipment/accessories to add Mag.Acc/MND/INT

- Having two Shamshir +1 swords is equal to have a HQ staff
Again, this is good if you don't want to swap equipment but still need to sub /NIN, wear 2 swords "always" and increase your inventory w/more equipment/accessories to add Mag.Acc/MND/INT

- Having a ToM stave will increase your Magic Accuracy a LOT
Mixing this w/merits will work well, and "maybe" could use less Mag.Acc/MND/INT equipment/accesories

This is just a comparison to show how "[element] Magic Affinity: Magic Accuracy +" and "Magic Accuracy" works and IMO you don't need to work on all ToM staves, if you're playing as RDM only can use ToM earth/ice/wind Mag.Acc. staves, but if you have RDM/BLM/SMN I have to say that you won't save any inventory space xD

Atm I'm working on/planing the following staves for RDM/BLM/SMN/WHM:

[ WHM/RDM ]
Surya's Staff +1: "Cure" potency +20%

[ BLM ]
Indra's Staff +1: Lightning Affinity: Magic Damage +5
Varuna's Staff +1: Ice Affinity: Magic Damage +5

[ RDM ]
Varuna's Staff +1: Ice Affinity: Magic Accuracy +5
Kubera's staff +1: Earth Affinity: Magic Accuracy +5

[ SMN ]
Varuna's Staff +1: Ice Affinity: Avatar perp. cost -6
Vayu's Staff +1: Wind Affinity: Avatar perp. cost -6
Yama's Staff +1: Dark Affinity: Avatar perp. cost -6
Shareeravadi +1: INT +8 Pet: Magic Attack Bonus +11

Hope this info can be helpful to you, have a nice day and... GL with your Trials! :D
[+]
 Bahamut.Paulus
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2010-10-28 20:08:39  
Very insightful post. Any thoughts on Shamshir with magic evasion down effect?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-28 20:12:47  
Bahamut.Paulus said:
Very insightful post. Any thoughts on Shamshir with magic evasion down effect?
You'd have to keep hiting the mob with it when not casting then equip something more useful while a staff while casting...
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-10-28 20:56:38  
Why would you ever need that much macc from a stave on RDM nowadays?
 Fenrir.Snick
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-28 22:07:46  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
サーバ: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-11-02 16:58:10  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

About as useful as carrying dumb -pdt gear over +def ones.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-11-02 17:12:49  
Which slots offer better protection with DEF than PDT on RDM? Honest question just in the slim chance you may not be just being HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Only debatable slot I can think of from the top of my head is Krousis Ring +1 vs Patronus.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-02 17:20:57  
Pchan's trolling skills are really lacking. Just saying.
 Asura.Solara
サーバ: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-11-02 17:42:26  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Which slots offer better protection with DEF than PDT on RDM? Honest question just in the slim chance you may not be just being HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Only debatable slot I can think of from the top of my head is Krousis Ring +1 vs Patronus.

Pagondas Earring vs. Colossus's Earring as well, not that it really matters.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-11-02 17:48:40  
True, have never even heard of that one :o
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-11-03 04:20:30  
shamshir+1 and genbu's shield > earth staff
Krousis+1 > patronus

and so on

Beside, your statement about mac being not needed was already valid at 75 as any NM worth a damn was either immune or easy to debuff.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-11-03 04:28:18  
Shamshir +1 and Genbu's Shield is 2 inventory slots to perform what is only better than 1 if you are meleeing (rare).
Krousis +1 is not better than Patronus on any enemy TP moves which either ignore DEF or get a cRatio boost, which are the type which kill you.

A lot of sky NMs were not easy to debuff at 75 and that is just a small fraction of the population (landing Bind on Faust was pretty hell without good gear).

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-11-03 05:18:01  
Shamshir + genbu will prevent more dmg than terra staff meleeing or not. Especially when compounded with +def stuff like food or cocoon. With taco + cocoon I'd say shamshir would need at least 12% pdt before it becomes better to DW 2 rather than use genbu on anything worth blood tanking
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-11-03 06:00:52  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Shamshir +1 and Genbu's Shield is 2 inventory slots to perform what is only better than 1 if you are meleeing (rare).

I'd like to know why you need to be meleing dumbass, cos shield can proc while not engaged and the -19% pdt 24 def always proc yo.

Quote:

Krousis +1 is not better than Patronus on any enemy TP moves which either ignore DEF or get a cRatio boost, which are the type which kill you.

You don't know what cratio is. the effectiveness of def is independant of the enemy's attack. If you def goes from 400 to 420 you take 9.5% less damage because cratio is locally proportional to 1/def.

Quote:

A lot of sky NMs were not easy to debuff at 75 and that is just a small fraction of the population (landing Bind on Faust was pretty hell without good gear).

I said NMs worth a damn. AV, Kirin, Byakko, Salvage boss, Omega, ultima, Odin, Tiamat. Either immune or stupidly easy to land.
First Page 2