TP

WS

suggestions?
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-29 08:02:41  
You can 5hit the WS dmg+10% one, but you CAN'T 4 hit the STP one....hope that makes your decision easy.... I have the WS+10% dmg one and it was WELL worth the time sink.

edit: and if i'm not mistaken the unkai haidate+1 with "enhance hasso" is more haste..why wouldn't you TP in those?
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-09-29 08:09:35  
i havent tested them yet
just got the 8 seals needed to upgrade and need to clear a trial to upgrade em >.>

need more trial slots plz
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-09-29 08:10:44  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
You can 5hit the WS dmg+10% one, but you CAN'T 4 hit the STP one....hope that makes your decision easy.... I have the WS+10% dmg one and it was WELL worth the time sink.

edit: and if i'm not mistaken the unkai haidate+1 with "enhance hasso" is more haste..why wouldn't you TP in those?

Thats if Hasso is up, have seperate sets B.Haidate when Hasso is down, AF3 Pants when Hasso is up.

Very easy to do if you use Spellcast.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-29 08:12:35  
screw spell cast and all that jazz..just change um out normally..its not that hard to ctrl e to get the equip screen up hehe...or put it into your seigan macro to put the b haidate back on... but anyways, ya i answered your question in my first post OP
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-09-29 08:15:42  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

Thats if Hasso is up, have seperate sets B.Haidate when Hasso is down, AF3 Pants when Hasso is up.

Very easy to do if you use Spellcast.

meh i got spellcast
if buffactive hasso tag going in i guess lol
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-09-29 08:23:24  
According to Kirschy's testing on BG the +1 are 2% haste during hasso, the +2 are 3% its worth the effort.

Also Spellcast is amazing just saying O:
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-09-29 08:42:14  
War really got the best of the bunch when it comes to AF3+2 legs
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-29 09:03:12  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
War really got the best of the bunch when it comes to AF3+2 legs

qft.. they really did..I think its what, like 7% haste on the +2? lol
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-09-29 09:11:41  
7 Haste 5% DA 15 ATT lol
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-09-29 09:11:55  
7 haste, 15 attack, 5% double attack, +1 lolfencer

Edit: Beaten
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-09-29 09:16:22  
WAR is so broked, it makes Apoc Drks cry...

SE needs to unlift the haste cap or Apoc has been turned into another worthless relic like Gugnir.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-09-29 09:19:44  
hmm I've heard the worthless Gungnir thing. I haven't kept up with drg much, what'd they have to put it in it's place?

And w/ Apoc, at least you'll be able to use Guillotine instead of cata!
 Ragnarok.Kyoshin
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: HaseAkira
By Ragnarok.Kyoshin 2010-09-29 09:46:37  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
...but you CAN'T 4 hit the STP one...

Samurai Roll says hi. Tested it with a COR friend last night. Even with my build at the time (Keito+1 sTP, Usu Haramaki, Brutal, Rajas, Unkai legs +1, Usu Sune-ate) I still needed a II or XI roll, since Keito requires 105 Store TP to get 25 TP/hit. The only rolls capable of covering the 36 Store TP I needed (gear, merits, traits inc.) were those two, so the only time I had it was when he got lucky roll or an 11.

Reliable? Of course not. Feasible? No.

Yet still not impossible. :)
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-09-29 09:52:47  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
hmm I've heard the worthless Gungnir thing. I haven't kept up with drg much, what'd they have to put it in it's place?

And w/ Apoc, at least you'll be able to use Guillotine instead of cata!

Bleh it comes down to the weapon not doing anything to change the job or make it good for that matter... DRG is still ***compared to WAR and SAM and will never compete. I mean shock spikes is the aftermath for christ sake. ***Relic is ***, Ryunohige rapes it and im sure the new Empyrean Polearm does aswell.

Apoc was so amazing because it actually turned DRK into an acceptable job that could keep up with WAR and SAM, now both jobs cap haste like its cool which really kills Apocs edge cuz Cata sucks compared to KJ/RR and Gekko/Kaiten, and now even Fudo which looks like it hits harder than Kaiten <.<

Drk is the only job atm that cant cap haste w/out having Apoc and that requires Cata spam, and Cata sucks :( My point is Apoc isnt what it used to be lol.

Dont wanna derail this thread tho so ill stop while im ahead O:
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-09-29 10:05:57  
Ragnarok.Kyoshin said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

Samurai Roll says hi. Tested it with a COR friend last night. Even with my build at the time (Keito+1 sTP, Usu Haramaki, Brutal, Rajas, Unkai legs +1, Usu Sune-ate) I still needed a II or XI roll, since Keito requires 105 Store TP to get 25 TP/hit. The only rolls capable of covering the 36 Store TP I needed (gear, merits, traits inc.) were those two, so the only time I had it was when he got lucky roll or an 11.

Yea, but by can't, pretty sure he meant can't w/o gimping yourself. Technicality+1 post, go!
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-09-29 10:27:24  
Fenrir.Krazyrs said:

wouldn't it be better to use af+1 over byakko's regardless of hasso, since it would give him more store tp, seeing as he loses haste by using hachi hands? would have to tp in a different body or something to be able to make it up easily.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Kyoshin
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: HaseAkira
By Ragnarok.Kyoshin 2010-09-29 10:27:34  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Ragnarok.Kyoshin said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

Yea, but by can't, pretty sure he meant can't w/o gimping yourself. Technicality+1 post, go!

Eh, I can't give myself COR rolls and I don't always have one on hand--so it's not gimping myself per se. Even a Hunter's Roll would be something more than I had before.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-09-29 10:31:20  
@tiger
there was a post earlier claiming that stp capped at +100, so people thought it was actually impossible to 4hit with 464 delay.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-09-29 10:37:56  
@Lorzy, fair enough
 Phoenix.Deboro
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2010-09-29 12:37:13  
People still fail to realize that as of this update, the STP option is the best choice, because you can 5hit max haste and max Str for Ws gear still. The wsdmg+ one requires I think 2% haste loss and like 15~ str loss on WS. Wouldnt be surprised if those two factors leave it behind. However as more updates come out and more unkai gear will undoubtedly have stp on it if the wsdmg+ increases will take lead. then again 4hit vs 5hit should be fun.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-09-29 16:58:43  
Quote:

wouldn't it be better to use af+1 over byakko's regardless of hasso, since it would give him more store tp, seeing as he loses haste by using hachi hands? would have to tp in a different body or something to be able to make it up easily.

actually...
i have the means for this

19% haste 5 hit
 Titan.Eiryn
サーバ: Titan
user: Eiryn
By Titan.Eiryn 2010-09-29 17:07:48  
Personally I would pick the WS+10% over STP+10 any day. 5hit is easy as hell to hit once you upgrade your AF3 without sacrificing haste. I would much rather upgrade my bread and butter(my WS damage). Not to mention that in a balanced party instance with support such as songs, rolls and such, this 10% becomes a bigger and bigger number. A samurai's weapon should be geared for their WS, not for their TP mode imo.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-09-29 17:16:58  
idk why ppl would waste time w/ other trials other then OAT :( OAT allows 5hit in max haste with a 40% DA rating, other GKTs Can not match that srry :(
[+]
 Titan.Eiryn
By Titan.Eiryn 2010-09-29 17:21:32  
Main reason I have never given OAT a thought is because I have yet to see valid numbers or parses on how often it procs. The DMG is meh so I have always overlooked it because of what seems to me as a lack in testing/comparison. Show me real numbers and this might be something I would consider even though the WS would be gimp as hell as far as consistency goes.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-09-29 17:24:03  
Titan.Eiryn said:
Main reason I have never given OAT a thought is because I have yet to see valid numbers or parses on how often it procs. The delay is horrendous and the DMG is meh so I have always overlooked it because of what seems to me as a lack in testing/comparison. Show me real numbers and this might be something I would consider even though the WS would be gimp as hell as far as consistency goes.
Its been proven the DA rate is 40% on all of them, WS dmg isn't gimped as much on SAM just because the nature of pre-buffed WS's and delay allows 6hit Sword strap or 26%haste 5hit... >.>
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-09-29 17:25:07  
Fenrir.Krazyrs said:
Quote:

actually...
i have the means for this

19% haste 5 hit

well, you could use domaru if you didn't have askar. a store tp body would probably be better than losing haste from using hachi hands over dusk.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2010-09-29 17:29:33  
Quote:
Main reason I have never given OAT a thought is because I have yet to see valid numbers or parses on how often it procs.

Reallllllly?
 Titan.Eiryn
By Titan.Eiryn 2010-09-29 17:31:48  
Fenrir.Mankey said:
Titan.Eiryn said:
Main reason I have never given OAT a thought is because I have yet to see valid numbers or parses on how often it procs. The delay is horrendous and the DMG is meh so I have always overlooked it because of what seems to me as a lack in testing/comparison. Show me real numbers and this might be something I would consider even though the WS would be gimp as hell as far as consistency goes.
Its been proven the DA rate is 40% on all of them, WS dmg isn't gimped as much on SAM just because the nature of pre-buffed WS's and delay allows 6hit Sword strap or 26%haste 5hit... >.>

Ok, 40% DA proc, but that still doesn't answer if it does better than one of the other GKT in a zerg or over time. I need to see actual testing of the numbers this GKT produces before I'm sold into spending the money for all those NM drops I would need to farm/buy.
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-09-29 17:33:48  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
7 haste, 15 attack, 5% double attack, +1 lolfencer

Edit: Beaten
I really dont think so, could hit next crit tier w/ this and still have max haste I think this would have acc issues to a degree compared to first(could use Tor ring instead of Strig i suppose
First Page 2