日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Caladbolg vs Redemption
Caladbolg vs Redemption
 Fenrir.Gradd
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-05-31 03:11:11  
Redemption is in no way a horrible weapon, in my Opinion its the 2nd strongest scythe you can get at the moment. Liberator would have the be the best, but good luck with that, building Mythics is a pain, and SE doesnt seem to be dropping the requirements on mythics anytime soon :/

As far as me rating scythes I would say:

Liberator >>> Redemption >>> Apoc >>> Everything Else

If you want to build one build one, its still a very strong weapon for DRK, just know that its not the best weapon out there.
 Diabolos.Raelia
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-05-31 03:33:11  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Raelia is about as dumb as they come, and why I avoid the official forums.
Diabolos.Raelia said:
Please commence your usual ad hominem bullsh*t!
Predictable, aren't they Nightfyre? I only posted on the offical forums to advocate exactly the Last Resort buff we got and sh*tcanned my bookmark when I realized Gradd and I were the only people there with a functioning cerebellum.

We can estimate TP:WS split for practical purposes though. Here's where it gets funny, and we'll use the higher hitbuilds for simplicity:

Cala: Six 1.0s vs a 4.75
Rede: Five 1.0s vs a 3.0

Cala: 56:44
Rede: 62.5:37.5

"Wait!" you might exclaim, "what about WS mods and whatnot?" Well I can't throw an exact factor, but we can at least see trending. Let's just let WSing have 50% more oomph from base damage and attack.

Cala: Six 1.0s vs a 7.125
Rede: Five 1.0s vs a 4.5

Cala: 46:54
Rede: 53:47

Even if you double the damage of Quietus to reflect better mods and attack bonus coming into play, it just exactly matches Caladbolg's 46:54 split we've estimate here.

It's a dirty dirty estimate, but it's arranged in exactly the way Gradd stated it above. Caladbolg throws more hits but has such a stronger WS that the split still hangs heavy towards WS. "Huh, so this means a larger percentage of Redemption's damage comes from TP phase and so it actually benefits more from ODD only affecting TP phase?" Yes my young Padawan. This result is exactly the opposite of what was stated!

It's almost like I know what I'm talking about and can back it up with numbers and these two are just spouting Caladbolg Fanboy bullsh*t like the well trained parrots they are. I didn't say Redemption was better, I said exactly what you did, Nightfyre: Caladbolg is 'better', but not curb-stompingly so. This is why BG laughs at Alla, and Alla laughs at AH.

Yeah Gradd, I'd kill for a Liberator at this point, but I think I'd take a Ryunohige over it if I won the mog bonanza or something.
 Fenrir.Gradd
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-05-31 03:46:28  
I would give an Arm and a Leg for Liberator, I know Kirschy loves hers even if she isnt too fond of DRK at the moment. If you can maintain that 300% AM it is truly a god send weapon, at 75 it parsed on par with Apoc without capped haste, I could only imagine how it is now.

Hoping SE pulls their heads out of their *** and realizes how ridiculous the requirements for mythics are, but that isn't very likely.
 Diabolos.Raelia
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-05-31 03:51:07  
I'm not sure if I believe the forced-crit on Jumps on Wikia, could just be a base damage boost or something, but if that's true it's gotta be one scary sonofabitch in Abyssea. I think that would make even Ukon WARs trip over themselves a moment.

So Liberator is out of the question really. If anyone has the resources to do a Mythic at all these days I'll be damned if Liberator is even in the running despite what it would do for a DRK.
 Asura.Ruzoko
サーバ: Asura
user: Ruzoko
By Asura.Ruzoko 2011-05-31 05:54:34  
I have redemption myself and gotta say numbers are random as hell averaging 2.4k+ but ive gotten hits as low as 300 dmg still testing dmg but outside average is around 2k inside abyssea 2-4k. Tried dmg on clads did about the same dmg as on normal mobs, currently working on Caladbolg atm to actually see myself which works better.