First Page 2 3 4
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2010-10-20 15:15:10  

http://www.guildwork.com

Some of you probably use the site already. For those that don't, I would like to formally introduce the site to users of FFXIAH.com. Just to name a few features, it offers real-time chat, your own forum, hosting for images, and access to arguably the best DKP system. Guildwork has support for FFXI, FFXIV, WoW, and Aion. Just take a look at the feature breakdown on the front page for more information.

Example DKP system:
http://ex-online.guildwork.com/dkp/

Example guild page:
http://ex-online.guildwork.com/

Example character page:
http://www.guildwork.com/ffxi/cerberus/stanislav/

The creator is Stanislav, linkshell leader of Excellence.

I hope you find the site resourceful and I'm sure Stan would appreciate any feedback.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-10-20 15:18:24  
My ls uses that site, its pretty cool
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-10-20 15:18:43  
Is it just me or is the logo kind of a ripoff of Ubuntu's logo?

[+]
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2010-10-20 15:33:47  
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Is it just me or is the logo kind of a ripoff of Ubuntu's logo?

I've noticed the similarities but who knows, guildwork might be running on top of ubuntu. Anyways, I'd like to think of the logo as 8 guild members at a round table in their chairs. ;) I like both logos.
[+]
 Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Stanislav
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2010-10-20 15:35:11  
The logo was originally a "gear" due to the word "work". But we had a crowd-sourced competition for a new logo and asked people to incorporate the "gear" into the new logo and add a touch of social. So the person came up with this one turned the gear into people and I guess it ended up looking a little like the Ubuntu logo, but not enough to call it a rip off.

If it helps the site is running on Ubuntu servers. =D
[+]
 Phoenix.Oumura
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-10-20 15:42:23  
Oh, I had joined this a while back but never heard/saw anything from it again. Glad to see the project is still alive and kicking.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Unicorn.Hyshio
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Hyshio
By Unicorn.Hyshio 2010-10-20 16:22:31  
Yes I love using guildwork. Its DKP has been most helpful in creating a new LS from the ground up.

http://echelon.guildwork.com/
 Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2010-10-20 16:24:40  
And in advance I would like to answer something because I know it will come up.

Theming is coming, it is one of the features we are working on now. We believe core features are more important then design so we went with those first. We also didn't want to throw out some ugly themes like GuildPortal, Guild Launch, Enjin, etc.. We have recently brought a designer on the team that will produce themes that people can be proud to use. Hope everyone else agrees.
[+]
 Hades.Eliane
サーバ: Hades
user: Eliane
By Hades.Eliane 2010-10-20 16:27:26  
Our LS uses this site as well. Very good, very useful and very well made :)
[+]
 Sylph.Zefyr
サーバ: Sylph
user: Zefyr
By Sylph.Zefyr 2010-10-20 16:30:54  
The only thing preventing me from trying to get my LS mates to switch over to Guildwork is that it's not any easier to do event setups on there than it is on a traditional forum. If there were a system where, after your ls people sign up for dynamis or abyssea or salvage or einherjar or whatever, you can then assign all of them jobs and have it show up on the page for the event, I would be totally sold.

That being said, the site really is quite slick, and has grown quite a bit since the last time I checked it out.
 Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2010-10-20 16:33:25  
Sylph.Zefyr said:
The only thing preventing me from trying to get my LS mates to switch over to Guildwork is that it's not any easier to do event setups on there than it is on a traditional forum. If there were a system where, after your ls people sign up for dynamis or abyssea or salvage or einherjar or whatever, you can then assign all of them jobs and have it show up on the page for the event, I would be totally sold.

That being said, the site really is quite slick, and has grown quite a bit since the last time I checked it out.

Schedule events can have details with BBCode (which allows you to reference users on site or items etc.. or basically anything you can do on a forum) Events also allow RSVP so people can sign up. I don't exactly see how a normal forum is better? That being said Guildwork also provides a full-featured forum.

[+]
 Asura.Daleterrence
サーバ: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-10-20 16:58:55  
Quetzalcoatl.Hispiforce said:
so wowfags and ffxifags on one forum? makes it easier to rage each other.

Oh look, somebody that uses 4chan. You are so cool, really.
[+]
 Sylph.Zefyr
By Sylph.Zefyr 2010-10-20 17:04:33  
Cerberus.Stanislav said:
Schedule events can have details with BBCode (which allows you to reference users on site or items etc.. or basically anything you can do on a forum) Events also allow RSVP so people can sign up.

If there were another column there that let me (the event organizer) pick the job that the people who are attending should come on, that's the feature I'm looking for. Further usefulness would let me organize those people into parties and alliances.

For every one of the events I listed in my post, the shell I'm in for that event has a signup thread, and in the OP for that thread, alliance/party setups with the people and the jobs they should come on, usually done by a sacker 30-60 minutes before gather time. It makes gathering and entering events much more organized, and seems indispensable to me for the events I take part in.
 Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2010-10-20 17:10:32  
I understand what you
Sylph.Zefyr said:
Cerberus.Stanislav said:
Schedule events can have details with BBCode (which allows you to reference users on site or items etc.. or basically anything you can do on a forum) Events also allow RSVP so people can sign up.

If there were another column there that let me (the event organizer) pick the job that the people who are attending should come on, that's the feature I'm looking for. Further usefulness would let me organize those people into parties and alliances.

For every one of the events I listed in my post, the shell I'm in for that event has a signup thread, and in the OP for that thread, alliance/party setups with the people and the jobs they should come on, usually done by a sacker 30-60 minutes before gather time. It makes gathering and entering events much more organized, and seems indispensable to me for the events I take part in.

At the moment during develop month we are trying to be generic for any game we support. I think I will add a generic Organizer Note's field to each RSVP so the actual organizer of the event can put a note on specific people.

However, I still don't see how your forum approach is better then the Schedule. You can edit the event anytime and change the details as you would on an OP in a forum.
[+]
 Sylph.Zefyr
By Sylph.Zefyr 2010-10-20 17:10:51  
I should also mention that I don't think traditional forums are any better - just that the group of people I play with are pretty entrenched, and it would take some effort to get them all to switch to a new system. If I were starting a new linkshell, I would almost certainly use Guildwork for it, despite my personal frustration with setting up for events ;).

It's certainly true that this RSVP system is handier than a thread full or "/" and "yeah, sure" posts.
[+]
 Sylph.Zefyr
By Sylph.Zefyr 2010-10-20 17:15:13  
Cerberus.Stanislav said:
You can edit the event anytime and change the details as you would on an OP in a forum.

We're kind of posting on top of each other, but in addition to my previous post, I just see the feature I'm talking about making Guildwork a real no-brainer for FFXI events, and is something I can't easily implement on my own forums because I don't have everybody's jobs and levels in the local database, which Guildwork does.

At any rate, I certainly understand that this is a ffxi-specific feature, and therefore not a priority. It's just something that would make me nergasm a little for event setups. Especially now that people are leveling their previously capped jobs again, the mental list I have of everybody's jobs isn't necessarily up to date.
 Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2010-10-20 17:16:51  
Thats what the Guildwork Live Feed is for =D to tell you when they level up haha
[+]
 Sylph.Zefyr
By Sylph.Zefyr 2010-10-20 17:18:37  
Yeah, well, while that is a pretty neat feature, it's not like I'm going to be able to glance at that and immediately have my mental list of 30 people's jobs be up to date ;)
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Hispiforce
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Hispiforce 2010-10-20 20:25:23  
Asura.Daleterrence said:
Quetzalcoatl.Hispiforce said:
so wowfags and ffxifags on one forum? makes it easier to rage each other.

Oh look, somebody that uses 4chan. You are so cool, really.
Just pointing out the obvious, smart ***.
 Odin.Katoke
サーバ: Odin
user: Katoke
By Odin.Katoke 2010-10-20 21:19:11  
Stan!

Make it so in Simple DKP, when you click on a raid, it total's all the points for that raid that people earned! It'd be simple to put right underneath all the numerical values in the 'Earned' column. Also, perhaps doing that for when you select 'Members' -> 'Member Name', where it shows past raids and earned, please put a total feature!

obligatory http://limitbreak.guildwork.com/.
 Siren.Stewie
サーバ: Siren
user: Stewie
By Siren.Stewie 2010-10-20 21:27:55  
Idk if people tell you this enough but we love you and the GW team Stan :D
 Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2010-10-20 22:49:17  
Siren.Stewie said:
Idk if people tell you this enough but we love you and the GW team Stan :D

Its never enough =)
[+]
 Hades.Scragg
Administrator
サーバ: Hades
user: aureole
By Hades.Scragg 2010-10-20 23:04:05  

guildwork with +8 magic acc
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Forgotten
サーバ: Valefor
user: Forg
By Valefor.Forgotten 2010-10-21 03:30:36  
About that "unsupported browser" notification..

There needs to be an option to say "I know, stop popping up already!" if one exists its not where one would notice it. That tooltip re-appears non stop, its really annoying. I'm not changing my browser just to make one website stop being obnoxious.

The browser I use is functionally identical to firefox and uses the same plugins, if the site works with firefox it'll work with most other mozilla based browsers (such as seamonkey) that aren't horribly out of date. So if I could just kill that notifier..
 Phoenix.Miraun
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Miraun
By Phoenix.Miraun 2010-10-21 04:19:52  
I love Guildwork.. just throwing that out there...

I'm active in an Endgame LS, and a raiding guild... makes it easier to track both.
 Asura.Rinkydink
サーバ: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-10-21 04:27:32  
thats awesome..

i did use guildportal and that was pretty easy but doesnt have ffxi support.

time to work on a rebuild..
 Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2010-10-21 10:33:28  
Valefor.Forgotten said:
About that "unsupported browser" notification..

There needs to be an option to say "I know, stop popping up already!" if one exists its not where one would notice it. That tooltip re-appears non stop, its really annoying. I'm not changing my browser just to make one website stop being obnoxious.

The browser I use is functionally identical to firefox and uses the same plugins, if the site works with firefox it'll work with most other mozilla based browsers (such as seamonkey) that aren't horribly out of date. So if I could just kill that notifier..

This is definitely a bug, going to look into it.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4