SAM WS Body Question?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » SAM WS Body question?
SAM WS Body question?
First Page 2
 Unicorn.Grimjow
サーバ: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Grimjow
By Unicorn.Grimjow 2010-11-02 11:01:27  
Just curious on opinions what body would be better for Sam WS?

Juogi or Kirins Osode?

I realize YGK mods are Str but the crit and. DA procs on WS are tempting also....

Thoughts???
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-02 11:04:57  
YGK can't crit
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-11-02 11:12:18  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
YGK can't crit

If you want DA procs, WS in askar :P
[+]
By BorealisV2 2010-11-02 11:44:02  
Osode.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-02 12:27:53  
Unicorn.Grimjow said:

Juogi or Kirins Osode?

I realize YGK mods are Str but the crit and. DA procs on WS are tempting also....

Thoughts???

Kirin's Osode.

y/g/k can't crit.

Chance of Double attack is low considering that y/g/k only get an accuracy bonus on the first hit. And people don't gear y/g/k with a whole lot of accuracy.

Also diminishing returns etc. (Adding more DA to your previous DA is less of an increase than adding DA to no DA.)

Y/g/k have a 75% STR modifier.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-11-02 12:43:47  
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Unicorn.Grimjow said:

Juogi or Kirins Osode?

Thoughts???

Kirin's Osode.

y/g/k can't crit.

Chance of Double attack is low considering that y/g/k only get an accuracy bonus on the first hit. And people don't gear y/g/k with a whole lot of accuracy.

Also diminishing returns etc. (Adding more DA to your previous DA is less of an increase than adding DA to no DA.)

I don't know why people keep saying that YGK can't crit... I just don't understand this concept.... if they can't crit, how the hell does SA stack with it? SA DOES NOT stack with certain WS, but stacks with those...........plz explain this to me, as i've never understood it throughout the years.

edit: no i'm not trying to honestly troll....I'm asking legit cuz of the SA proc with it.
 Lakshmi.Vlorsutes
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Vlorsutes
By Lakshmi.Vlorsutes 2010-11-02 12:48:11  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Unicorn.Grimjow said:

Juogi or Kirins Osode?

Thoughts???

Kirin's Osode.

y/g/k can't crit.

I don't know why people keep saying that YGK can't crit... I just don't understand this concept.... if they can't crit, how the hell does SA stack with it? SA DOES NOT stack with certain WS, but stacks with those...........plz explain this to me, as i've never understood it throughout the years.

edit: no i'm not trying to honestly troll....I'm asking legit cuz of the SA proc with it.

When they say that a weaponskill cannot crit, they mean that a weaponskill cannot crit naturally. Only weaponskills that say they deal critical damage in their description (Raging Rush, Hexa Strike, Drakesbane, etc) can crit naturally, but any physical weaponskill can be force crit using Sneak Attack (additionally, they can also be force crit using Mighty Strikes).

Since Tachi: Yukikaze, Tachi: Gekko, and Tachi: Kasha do not say that they deal critical damage, then that means that they cannot crit naturally, and can only crit when forced with Sneak Attack.
 Ragnarok.Kyoshin
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: HaseAkira
By Ragnarok.Kyoshin 2010-11-02 12:48:14  
WSs without critical in the description cannot crit unless it's a forced crit, i.e. Mighty Strikes, Sneak Attack.

EDIT: I got beat to the punch.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-11-02 12:54:08  
so RR atma wouldn't be all that great to set on sam, unless you need the 50 dex and DoT from crit hits?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-11-02 12:54:49  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
so RR atma wouldn't be all that great to set on sam, unless you need the 50 dex and DoT from crit hits?

Correct.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-02 12:55:22  
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

Correct.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-11-02 12:56:40  
And in a nutshell why SAM and other noncritWS jobs are falling behind a lot, because Razed Ruins is THAT GOOD (not to mention DoT is a smallish part of SAM damage for instance).
 Bahamut.Xslayrx
user: Xslayrx
By Bahamut.Xslayrx 2010-11-02 12:57:19  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
And in a nutshell why SAM and other noncritWS jobs are falling behind a lot, because Razed Ruins is THAT GOOD (not to mention DoT is a smallish part of SAM damage for instance).
loldrg
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-11-02 12:57:54  
ya I'm trying to build a RR NM pop set not mainly for sam, but for pup (Stringing Pummel says hi)... And as far as OP, ya I'd say OSODE simply due to STR mods... same thing with Fudo if you plan on getting that WS.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-02 12:59:55  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
ya I'm trying to build a RR NM pop set not mainly for sam, but for pup (Stringing Pummel says hi)... And as far as OP, ya I'd say OSODE simply due to STR mods... same thing with Fudo if you plan on getting that WS.

Nocturnus is the answer, for the placebo TA
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-11-02 13:00:29  
Bahamut.Xslayrx said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
loldrg

drg ftw!
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-11-02 13:01:24  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

well I would agree, but campaign is dead, and it wasn't part of the OP's choices hehe or I would have said it to begin with :P
[+]
 Bahamut.Xslayrx
user: Xslayrx
By Bahamut.Xslayrx 2010-11-02 13:05:21  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

well I would agree, but campaign is dead, and it wasn't part of the OP's choices hehe or I would have said it to begin with :P
I can't remember the last time my server had access to that fight. >.>
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-11-02 13:06:24  
our server, literally only had it once.... i went 0/3 on it :(
 Asura.Solara
サーバ: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-11-02 14:16:47  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

Byrnie +1 is actually the best for Fudo, it's similar to Kaiten in that regard.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-11-02 14:22:06  
Asura.Solara said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

doesn't it have a massive STR mod though? /shrug I'll take your word for it though, i've seen that WS do some stupid dmg lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-02 14:27:01  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Asura.Solara said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

doesn't it have a massive STR mod though? /shrug I'll take your word for it though, i've seen that WS do some stupid dmg lol

Tachi: Fudo does not have a cRatio bonus. (y/g/k does)
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-11-02 14:28:17  
ahhh ok, so no natural att bonus...that i honestly didn't know about Fudo, and I appreciate the input ^^
 Unicorn.Grimjow
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Grimjow
By Unicorn.Grimjow 2010-11-02 23:04:35  
Yea I wanted Nocturnus Body but my server only had it like 1 or 2 times and I was like 1 rank to low to do the BC :(

Thanks for all the imput :)
 Kujata.Thud
サーバ: Kujata
user: Thud
By Kujata.Thud 2010-11-03 07:16:25  
RR is obviously better suited for other jobs that have crit WSs, but it's still pretty badass on sam. Using 85oat gktn, i crit frequently and it's always in the 300-400 damage range. That and 50dex gives you a nice chunk of acc alowing different gearing/food options.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-11-03 07:18:50  
Actually RR is pretty decent for DDs that don't even have a crit ws or at least good ones. Like say rng... your dps goes thru the roof. Like my getting 350-400 dmg crit with machine xbow and holy bolts is just funny

Also even the lol ranged crit ws actually become decent with it. Like slightly better than slugwinder well when you crit anyways. Though since ranged crit rate isn't based on dex it's not as good for rng compared to melees unless idk you got emyprean bow
 Fenrir.Gradd
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-11-03 14:44:12  
You still get like 37 ACC from Razed Ruins atma, and the added bonus to your crits is no joke at all during melee, I would personally think that because you cap FSTR so easily (FSTR should be capped with just VV atma + Gear) that you would benefit alot more from that added ACC and crits.
 Kujata.Thud
サーバ: Kujata
user: Thud
By Kujata.Thud 2010-11-08 08:19:27  
With lvl90 expansion on the horizon, I wouldn't put too much effort into the hands/chest slot! In all likelyhood, the af3+1/2 body will be the must have TP and/or WS chest.
 Asura.Solara
サーバ: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-11-08 12:56:51  
Kujata.Thud said:
With lvl90 expansion on the horizon, I wouldn't put too much effort into the hands/chest slot! In all likelyhood, the af3+1/2 body will be the must have TP and/or WS chest.

So why not have a superior option in the meantime, and make getting the af3 body and everything else in between easier?
[+]
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-11-08 13:06:33  
Buy all the Domaru's on your server and run them all through FoV and hope for the STR+6 augment like I did with my Weskits :<
First Page 2