フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » fell cleave burn
fell cleave burn
First Page 2
 Caitsith.Heimdall
サーバ: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-11-06 15:40:24  
Just looking for strats and ideal party set ups and what mobs best todothis on. Also guess gear sets that should use.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-07 01:08:22  
I haven't had a chance to try a FC burn, but from what I recall reading elsewhere (it was on another topic on fxiah but I was unable to find it, sorry) the party setup is really simple.

A handful of Warriors (I think /Sam was the ideal sub for the setup) as DDs, RDM or BRD as puller (RDM if you are pulling Corpselights or other mage type mobs), CORs (Sam and War rolls come in handy) and/or BRDs for pre-2hr buffs and support, a healer per party and a few BLMs for extra sleep support and magic kills. (While gathering mobs at camp of course you'll need to make sure they stay asleep until ready)
Keep in mind certain mobs are extremely resistant to dark based sleeps.

What you need to focus on is gettig the restore chests so you'll be able to recharge the WAR's 2hrs. WARs should also make sure Retaliation is always up since it'll help gain TP faster.

As for a FC build, the WS mods are STR and INT at 50%. Don't underestimate the importance of INT in the WS set. I believe it affects the damage resistance on each mob in range of the WS, so that's just as important!

This is my FC build as of now:

Now you can and should add in at least a spiral ring.

shadow cuishes oraskar dirs can also prove beneficial if you don't have high STR legs such as hachiryu haidate, teutates subligar or even warrior's cuisses.
Personally I wouldn't use Ares's flanchard due to the -INT on them.

Sorry I couldn't retrace that topic with better explanation of a FC burn, I hope this helps overall, have fun.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-11-07 13:09:02  
ya it does ty, anyone else with any imput?
 Phoenix.Salmijr
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Salmijr
By Phoenix.Salmijr 2010-11-07 13:30:12  
Once you cap lights, you can cleave with 5 people. RDM with full pdt gear to pull, brd for double attack songs, 2 war/sams, and 1 smn to PD. the other 13 people can leech since they wont be able to do much anyway.

Dont need sleeps, or other silly things like that. Have the above 5 people in the same party, fight linkable mobs like bats or frogs, and just PD as the rdm reaches the camp. Either way works, but the PD way you only need 1 2hr chest to keep the chain, and if you dont happen to get a chest, can do another pull and use a fanatic's powder. You wont get tp from the mobs hitting you with a powder tho.

Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2010-11-10 20:40:58  
in one atm, my first time seeing this, its pretty nice. jstu 1 rdm to pull 1 war/sam and a smn to perfect defense.
the chest rate is pretty hot. lol
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-11-10 20:47:55  
Odin.Sheelay said:
I haven't had a chance to try a FC burn, but from what I recall reading elsewhere (it was on another topic on fxiah but I was unable to find it, sorry) the party setup is really simple.

A handful of Warriors (I think /Sam was the ideal sub for the setup) as DDs, RDM or BRD as puller (RDM if you are pulling Corpselights or other mage type mobs), CORs (Sam and War rolls come in handy) and/or BRDs for pre-2hr buffs and support, a healer per party and a few BLMs for extra sleep support and magic kills. (While gathering mobs at camp of course you'll need to make sure they stay asleep until ready)
Keep in mind certain mobs are extremely resistant to dark based sleeps.

What you need to focus on is gettig the restore chests so you'll be able to recharge the WAR's 2hrs. WARs should also make sure Retaliation is always up since it'll help gain TP faster.

As for a FC build, the WS mods are STR and INT at 50%. Don't underestimate the importance of INT in the WS set. I believe it affects the damage resistance on each mob in range of the WS, so that's just as important!

This was my FC build at lvl 80:

Osode and Breeze gorget were its' key components.

Now you can and should add in at least a spiral ring.

shadow cuishes oraskar dirs can also prove beneficial if you don't have high STR legs such as hachiryu haidate, teutates subligar or even warrior's cuisses.
Personally I wouldn't use Ares's flanchard due to the -INT on them.

Sorry I couldn't retrace that topic with better explanation of a FC burn, I hope this helps overall, have fun.

God damnit lol Why did I chuck my WAR Cuisses+1 D:
I thought Ares would be end all be all for me. Guess I was wrong >:
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-11-10 20:51:45  
Odin.Sheelay said:
Fell cleave does not have an INT mod on it, dunno where this info keeps coming from. 60%STR only.
 Leviathan.Frotaut
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Frotaut2
By Leviathan.Frotaut 2010-11-10 22:05:04  
We do it with one war , a blm and a puller usually a pld all other spots are leeches or sold spots fell cleave is the ***i think we were capping around 400k xp an hour. Our war equips full str gear and can take out about 15 in a swipe then the rest in the second swipe, he gets all blue chest keeps it simple and quick.
By Nemesio 2010-11-10 22:12:59  
What are some good mobs for this?
 Leviathan.Frotaut
By Leviathan.Frotaut 2010-11-10 22:15:02  
We use Frogs bats or anything that links and can't use HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE moves to gimp your dd, just remember what type of sleeper you need light or dark and your good to go.
By Nemesio 2010-11-10 22:17:32  
Sleep in between cleaves? Then have them build TP on one? And re-cleave once they reach 100? I ask because I do not plan on using a SMN. Had hoped to use a BRD, RDM and WAR.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-10 22:18:20  
Nemesio said:
What are some good mobs for this?
Anything that doesn't give ruby will do, really. If you're willing to put up with ruby light just get azure beforehand.
 Leviathan.Frotaut
By Leviathan.Frotaut 2010-11-10 22:24:50  
War/sam with chest almost never need to worry about tp, build lights that matter first then just spam after pearl and azure cap my ls starts getting TE within 20 mins and we usually have over 400 mins within the hour. Ruby makes no dif if pearl and azure are capped usually takes about 15 mins to cap both lights, i also forgot to make sure you have a dedicated healer to your war we use rdm for phal II.
 Leviathan.Frotaut
By Leviathan.Frotaut 2010-11-10 22:25:31  
War also spams all ja and 2 hour before he cleaves helps alot ours will use w/e temp items he has like stalwart and the barbarian or w/e it's called, and yes we have the blm resleep after every cleave or your war will die. if using multiple wars (wich i think is a waste) prob not needed but our war does a damn good job at cleaning house. after some experimenting you'll find the mobs that work good for you i see most using frogs since they have no tp moves but we've found many that work. Frog camp is almost always taken and we aren't trying to redo the dam AB tunnel drama so we've learned to use many dif types of mobs in all abyssea zones.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-11-10 22:38:08  
usually clear 3k with 1 Fell Cleave with all JA's/Mighty strikes going
havent popped Temps yet tho :o

Fell Cleave (aggressor up)
Sumeru(ws dmg+10%)
 Asura.Shinagami
サーバ: Asura
user: Shinagami
By Asura.Shinagami 2010-11-10 22:47:47  
I want to see this ***happen >_>
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-11 10:43:35  
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Fell cleave does not have an INT mod on it, dunno where this info keeps coming from. 60%STR only.

If you can provide us with proof I'm sure everyone will be grateful, as that would mean a lot of better gear could be used for the WS set.
 Shiva.Daimos
サーバ: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-11-11 10:48:35  
Odin.Sheelay said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
If you can provide us with proof I'm sure everyone will be grateful, as that would mean a lot of better gear could be used for the WS set.
Yes, proof other than "Becuz wiki sayd it"
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-11-11 10:55:21  
Shiva.Daimos said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Odin.Sheelay said:

wouldnt it still basicly be same set, maybe switch out osode for soemthign else is all?
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-11 11:00:38  
Shiva.Daimos said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Odin.Sheelay said:

Personally, playing on XBox, I have no good means of testing a WS mods so I'll usually stick to what I can find online.

It's been long enough since Fell Cleave WS came out so I figured Wiki would at least give a basic idea on what the WS mods are. I realize though Wiki is not always precise or true.

When I first replied and gave the OP my opinion it was to try help out, but being a main WAR I'm just as open to corrections or further knowlege as him and every other WAR in the game.

Edit:

Caitsith.Heimdall said:
Shiva.Daimos said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Odin.Sheelay said:

wouldnt it still basicly be same set, maybe switch out osode for soemthign else is all?

It wouldn't just be the body.
Using my WS set as example, it would also mean I can use better rings ( Strigoi or Vucan > Spiral ) and legs ( in my case Ares > AF2 )
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-11-11 11:02:07  
Odin.Sheelay said:
Shiva.Daimos said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Odin.Sheelay said:

Personally, playing on XBox, I have no good means of testing a WS mods so I'll usually stick to what I can find online.

It's been long enough since Fell Cleave WS came out so I figured Wiki would at least give a basic idea on what the WS mods are. I realize though Wiki is not always precise or true.

When I first replied and gave the OP my opinion it was to try help out, but being a main WAR I'm just as open to corrections or further knowlege as him and every other WAR in the game.

ahh but it hasnt been long since Se redid the mods on the new wses so hasnt been that much time for testing.
 Shiva.Daimos
サーバ: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-11-11 11:03:41  
Odin.Sheelay said:
Personally, playing on XBox, I have no good means of testing a WS mods so I'll usually stick to what I can find online. It's been long enough since Fell Cleave WS came out so I figured Wiki would at least give a basic idea on what the WS mods are. I realize though Wiki is not always precise or true. When I first replied and gave the OP my opinion it was to try help out, but being a main WAR I'm just as open to corrections or further knowlege as him and every other WAR in the game.
Pardon me, It's just hard to trust wiki when it comes to new information these days.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-11 11:07:22  
Shiva.Daimos said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Personally, playing on XBox, I have no good means of testing a WS mods so I'll usually stick to what I can find online. It's been long enough since Fell Cleave WS came out so I figured Wiki would at least give a basic idea on what the WS mods are. I realize though Wiki is not always precise or true. When I first replied and gave the OP my opinion it was to try help out, but being a main WAR I'm just as open to corrections or further knowlege as him and every other WAR in the game.
Wasn't attacking you, It's just hard to trust wiki when it comes to new information these days.

My bad, I misunderstood your post. :)
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-11-11 11:10:06  
Odin.Sheelay said:
Shiva.Daimos said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Wasn't attacking you, It's just hard to trust wiki when it comes to new information these days.

My bad, I misunderstood your post. :)

ya knwo one prob with wiki is the admins gotten lazy, the last update they didnt even bother putting a link on main page top to the update section. So people had go digging just to try find the info where was located so noone added info like normally is done with a update..
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-11 11:13:47  
I guess it's something you'd expect from a subject that is losing in interest. After all, by the time the game is shut down there will be no reason for ffxi wiki to even exist anymore.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-11-11 11:17:43  
Ffxi will never die
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-11 11:21:39  
In your dreams it won't, I'll agree to that!

/comfort irl
 Asura.Solara
サーバ: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-11-11 11:28:41  
I don't get nearly enough use out of it (no Smn in my static and the mnk gets bored Q_Q) but here's my set.

I've tested the ws with Osode+Spiral vs Zahak's/Vulcan's, and never saw a damage difference that would support the idea of a 50% int modifier.

Edit: I typically wear Rose Strap when Cleaving, was too lazy to change the grip in the posted set.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-11-11 11:33:24  
hey has anyone tryeed fell cleave in that assault with the oncoming horde in mamook. i would think that be pretty hilarious?
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-11-11 11:40:18  
If FC burn works, why not blu with Whirl of Rage, Frypan, Body Slam, etc. etc.?

Probably only take 3-4 blus, 3-4 spells each to kill as many mobs as you needed, with a whirl of rage rotation the mobs would even be stunned most of the time before they died.
First Page 2