フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » fell cleave burn
fell cleave burn

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Itachi
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Itachi 2010-11-11 11:58:35  
It's very hard for a blu with 382 skill to get interrupted. I've done this setup on blu before with just 3; there was a RDM and 2 BLU's. I pulled on my blu 20 efts in attohwa at a time, Flash-gaed them and proceeded to "Time nuke" with whirl of rage and then sleep with sheep song/yawn. You just rinse and repeat. RDM had to cure bomb me a bit till we had enough efts.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-11-11 17:54:26  
Odin.Sheelay said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
As for a FC build, the WS mods are STR and INT at 50%. Don't underestimate the importance of INT in the WS set. I believe it affects the damage resistance on each mob in range of the WS, so that's just as important!
Fell cleave does not have an INT mod on it, dunno where this info keeps coming from. 60%STR only.
If you can provide us with proof I'm sure everyone will be grateful, as that would mean a lot of better gear could be used for the WS set.
Like you want me to test it out myself or what? Studio Gobli, the guy who pretty much discovered how WS mods and stuff work and has probably done this type of mod testing more times than you want to think about, lists it as 60% STR. I tend to trust the info on there.

Also, what's Xbox have to do with mod testing? You don't need anything beyond pen and paper to do it.
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-11 18:11:15  
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
As for a FC build, the WS mods are STR and INT at 50%. Don't underestimate the importance of INT in the WS set. I believe it affects the damage resistance on each mob in range of the WS, so that's just as important!
Fell cleave does not have an INT mod on it, dunno where this info keeps coming from. 60%STR only.
If you can provide us with proof I'm sure everyone will be grateful, as that would mean a lot of better gear could be used for the WS set.
Like you want me to test it out myself or what? Studio Gobli, the guy who pretty much discovered how WS mods and stuff work and has probably done this type of mod testing more times than you want to think about, lists it as 60% STR. I tend to trust the info on there.

Also, what's Xbox have to do with mod testing? You don't need anything beyond pen and paper to do it.

I wasn't asking you to test it out yourself. I was just asking where you found the info about it. I didn't know about this Studio Gobli you speak of so thanks for that, I'll keep it in mind.

The downside of playing on an XBox (imo) is it's much harder to get any sort of idea as to how a WS is being modified due to the lack of tools and parsers, which I assume would help greatly.. and aside from that I was asking you for your source because if someone else has done the job and is reliable, there is no point for me to do it.

Edit: When I was talking about the importance of the INT modifier I was relying on Wiki's credibility and judging according to my experience with the WS, where I noticed some big difference in damage on some of the mobs that were hit by the AoE effect.
It seemed as if some mobs resisted damage in a way much more similar to magic spell resistance rather than melee and WS resistance. That's what lead me to consider INT being an important aspect of the WS.

However, if STR is the only mod then I'll sure be happy when I get back on game and can slap on my Ares body and legs
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-11-11 18:25:25  
Gobli's a japanese site but as I mentioned he originated most of this stuff and he retests things everytime new ws's or what not come out.

http://www32.atwiki.jp/studiogobli/pages/94.html

The thing is, the proper way to test a WS mods doesn't require any sort of tools or parsers at all. You just go up to lvl 1 mobs do SA ws around 10 times on it. Then boost some stat a bunch and do another SA ws 10 times on it. To get more specific % you'd have to test specific amounts of +stat, but all that requires is a calculator or excel. Tools and parsers have done very little for gaining in depth knowledge about this game, it's mostly just grunt work and number crunching, lol.
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-11 18:32:10  
Well, thank you for your info and for the link. I believe you just made a whole lot of WARs happy :)
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-11-11 18:46:56  
ok sorry for being an idiot but can we hear a little more detail into the party process for it?

the 2HR boxes only need to go to the SMN with Alex for PD right?

Is this the general idea?

Step 1) gather a group of mobs that link (use a puller who can take hits)
Step 2) sleep the mobs in a group @ camp
Step 3) BRD uses double attack song/buff on WARs
Step 4) WAR gets full TP 300% (use Retaliation to help get TP), SMN 2HR with Alex PD then WAR uses fell cleave WS on the group of mobs?
Step 5) profit?

Is that the gist of it? seems like a RDM, SMN (with Alex) and BRD probably a requirement, at least 1 maybe 2 WARs and a specific WHM or other healer dedicated to the WAR?

If I missed any step please let me know even if it seems obvious I'm not very familiar with WAR or SAM abilities etc I only just started even leveling a melee job really less than a month ago. If I try this with a group I don't want to leave out a crucial step from being a melee noob :)
 Ramuh.Yarly
サーバ: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2010-11-12 01:39:00  
Mighty Strikes is a requirement, 300% TP can be done before the pull, perfect defense + retaliation makes you get 100% instantly because you still retaliate 0dmg hits and get TP for retaliating.

Don't need bard or redmage.

Can be done with 3: puller, smn, war

Gilgamesh.Tweeek
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-11-12 10:18:15  
thanks man :)
 Leviathan.Ashaaman
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Ashaaman
By Leviathan.Ashaaman 2010-11-12 10:36:39  
You don't retaliate 0 DMG attacks by the way... Just like you don't take 0 damage from Perfect Defense (Unless you have Phalanx on, but w/ just a SMN, Puller and WAR I assume you don't.).
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-11-12 10:44:28  
Leviathan.Ashaaman said:
You don't retaliate 0 DMG attacks by the way... Just like you don't take 0 damage from Perfect Defense (Unless you have Phalanx on, but w/ just a SMN, Puller and WAR I assume you don't.).

rdm/blu puller with phalanx merits maybe? :P

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Deboro
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2010-11-12 10:50:07  
Yea if you have ever used fanatics powder / drink during the cleaves you will notice you dont retaliate when you take 0 damage. Frogs is the easiest target. Build lights on Empherals before hand. 1War Rdm Whm is all we use. In miseroux it works well. in other zones you will want more support / wars. 2hr is not needed but you will most likely always have it anyways. I try not to use Berserk. and usually full time defender and with MS on still do 2700-2900 cleaves. use temps when I remember too. overall. its a fun and horribly quick way to level.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2010-11-12 12:30:26  
>.> Ive been retaliating when Im taking 0 dmg when I solo cleave burns with Fanatic's drink and such, I filter dmg cause I pull a lot of the orbs solo, but I realiate right before sekkanoki wears off, so Im hoping it's not taking that long>.>
 Ragnarok.Cronk
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Cronk
By Ragnarok.Cronk 2010-11-21 17:05:25  
What atmas for war?
 Ragnarok.Cybin
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Cybin
By Ragnarok.Cybin 2010-11-21 21:19:22  
I use Razed Ruin and Stout Arm.

I don't have VV yet, but VV/Stout Arm I believe would get you the most damage on Fell Cleave. Personally I like the Razed Ruin to kill off the stragglers a little faster with just melee.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-21 21:23:01  
Ragnarok.Cybin said:
I use Razed Ruin and Stout Arm.

I don't have VV yet, but VV/Stout Arm I believe would get you the most damage on Fell Cleave. Personally I like the Razed Ruin to kill off the stragglers a little faster with just melee.
hmm I thought war's were supposed to 2hr in a fell cleave burn? If that's the case, then razed ruin is going to apply to the forced crit of your ws, easily making it the best option every time.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-11-21 21:32:11  
You don't need PD for bats, frogs in misareaux, chigoes, and mandies in tahrongi, assuming the first 3 are all DC-EM.
 Alexander.Aarie
サーバ: Alexander
user: Aarie
By Alexander.Aarie 2010-12-05 15:08:38  
If it helps anyone for my fell cleave burns we use 2 WAR/SAM though can easily do with 1, a WHM, RDM and SCH can easily be done with fewer war and whm all that is rly needed wars usually take 2 hour boxes for sekkanoki recast done and 300% tp. perfect defense definately not needed from a smn but i suppose it could be useful.
as for mobs usually fight chigoes in attowha chasm, frogs in misaraeux and bats seem to work for vunkerl. dont rly do first 3 zones myself as people usually want feet drops.

no need for war to 2 hour during probs makes faster but they dont have to
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-05 15:11:51  
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Odin.Blazza said:
If FC burn works, why not blu with Whirl of Rage, Frypan, Body Slam, etc. etc.? Probably only take 3-4 blus, 3-4 spells each to kill as many mobs as you needed, with a whirl of rage rotation the mobs would even be stunned most of the time before they died.
It could technicaly work, but you can get interrupted which is annoying compared to fell cleave. It's very possible, but 1 war is more convevinent than 3-4 blu's And you only need 1 war, 1 rdm and 1 whm for a fell cleave burn.
I've actually done it with blu. Just me and a meh rdm. Worked pretty good. Especially if you can get a fanatics to start off and spam ***.
 Bismarck.Fabiano
サーバ: Bismarck
user: fabiano
By Bismarck.Fabiano 2010-12-05 15:23:04  
cap pearl on VNM t1 they give 100% pearl x5 . and mages can finish of eph`s .

also brave grip is a nice option for MS FC.
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-12-05 15:31:05  
Bismarck.Fabiano said:
cap pearl on VNM t1 they give 100% pearl x5

Is this really true? >_> Looks like I might need to go get a VNM pop!

If I have a T2 pop, can I keep a T1 pop permenantly? Or can it change colour even though I have the T2 Abyssite already?
 Luz
By Luz 2010-12-05 15:32:13  
You'll keep T1, you can't have two of the same T2.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-12-05 15:35:37  
Thought so, thanks for the confirmation!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [339 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Daddykal
By Phoenix.Daddykal 2011-11-09 20:57:06  
Guys Fell Cleave burns are not that difficult...
I duo them pretty much weekly...

I have a pure -pdt build. I generally take mobs that are DC or lower but i do go higher when there are none. My wife takes her RDM with 5/5 phalanx and i use heavens, VV and RR(tougher mobs I use MC) atmas. I have no problem killing whatever is in front of me and i almost never drop below 99% HP.

Just keep phalanx on and you should almost always get hit for 0.
95war/47sam

Pop the blue chests for ISL's to reset your 2hr and use it every pull u can.

I pull myself, takes about 1 minute longer per pull than it does a RDM or PLD. But less gil to spend on RDM -pdt gear and less to split the profits with and still stack an easy 400k xp / hour.

********************************************************* EDIT ******************************************
I started out not using berserk or agressor... however with mobs hitting for 0... It is a good idea ^^ make them hit you more often.

Your target pdt range is 1hp per hit. with mounted champion its like your not getting hit at all.

Now I use berserk and aggressor at start of every FC after pull, assuming i got the ISL.

With this setup I can kill an entire pull of whatever mob i choose with 2-3 ws's. Pull, retalliate, hasso, berserk, agressor, warcry, sek, 2hr, meditate, FC, FC, 2-3 secs later, FC, they are all dead (Save that one *** that likes to evade the FC!) ^^

Happy Hunting!
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [47 days between previous and next post]
 Ifrit.Therealchibo
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Therealchibo 2011-12-26 15:13:50  
Can you post your PDT gear set?
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-12-26 15:20:42  
Don't even need -Pdt for DCs unless you're solo cleaving.

Phoenix.Daddykal said: »
Guys Fell Cleave burns are not that difficult...
Pop the blue chests for ISL's to reset your 2hr

Spoiler: with ISL you can 1 or 2 shot anything with sekka mighty strikes, consider a new gear set and/or atmas...