フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Razed Ruins + Rampage/Vorpal Blade
Razed Ruins + Rampage/Vorpal Blade
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-20 10:29:18  
I was wondering what sets would be ideal or at the very least suffice in doing the best damage for rampage & or Vorpal Blade
This is what I currently use ><
(insert organics or maneater)
 Phoenix.Fredjan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-11-20 10:36:05  
Triumph Earring, Gorget.
Also, varangian helm, and spam stalwart's tonics like a champ.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-20 13:21:51  
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Triumph Earring, Gorget. Also, varangian helm, and spam stalwart's tonics like a champ.
well what other gearsets would be the best for this?
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-11-20 13:59:15  
imo this is the best possible setup for Rampage:

This would go nicely for those of us who aren't that HQ:
By Serj 2010-11-20 14:01:27  
ravager's orb?

Edit: Hurp durp! I need to read.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-11-20 14:02:13  
Serj said:
Dark Knight? Wut?
[+]
By Serj 2010-11-20 14:04:08  
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Serj said:
Dark Knight? Wut?

Good point! I just woke up =D Sorry.
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2010-11-20 14:06:30  
Is dual wielding axes on DRK now better than using a scythe? I'm just curious because that's like a total reversal to idk, what, like 5-6 years ago lol? I could definitely see axes being more useful now with razed ruins, but I feel bad for apoc users. Oh well!
 Asura.Karbuncle
サーバ: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-11-20 14:31:16  
Bismarck.Helel said:
Is dual wielding axes on DRK now better than using a scythe? I'm just curious because that's like a total reversal to idk, what, like 5-6 years ago lol? I could definitely see axes being more useful now with razed ruins, but I feel bad for apoc users. Oh well!

Technically only inside Abyssea with Razed Ruins Atma, yes.

See, Scythe has no Critical Hit weaponskills and in that degree, they fall behind when it comes to DDs who can make use of Critical hit Weaponskills.

Now, how far behind IDK, but it does fall behind, especially when a THF can do ~2.5k-3.5k+ Evis's with SA or even Stand-alone.

That being said, Rampage/Vorpal are Critical hit Weaponskills, and I'm sure a DRK could plow face with the damage of them, as long as you're properly geared and have the correct Atmas (i.E Razed Ruins/V.Violet)
 Shiva.Khimaira
サーバ: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-11-20 14:36:29  
Bismarck.Helel said:

If it were the case, Im sure that Apoc will pull ahead again next update.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-11-20 14:38:30  
Or not..
Dual Wield III is -10% delay. That's a big boost for DoT.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-20 14:44:02  
There's nothing to worry about, Scythe Greatsword is getting a good crit WS soon.

I mean, we got a "Critical Attack Bonus" job-trait...at lv85. It must be a sign! ...obviously! <.<
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-20 14:45:28  
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
There's nothing to worry about, Scythe Greatsword is getting a good crit WS soon. I mean, we got a "Critical Attack Bonus" job-trait...at lv85. It must be a sign! ...obviously! <.<
i love greatsword <3 and i'm totally with you on that one giazz lol
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-11-20 14:45:39  
This is honestly all I'd be able to put together atm.

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-20 15:03:10  
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
imo this is the best possible setup for Rampage: This would go nicely for those of us who aren't that HQ:
hows that the best? totally losing ton of acc + -dex from the gloves T_T
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2010-11-20 15:05:29  
vorpal scythe is Crit for DRK, and can do 900+ damage when you first get it, tho, i doubt it will do any good damage in abyss, even with Razed Ruins
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-20 15:07:22  
Fenrir.Rinnsi said:
vorpal scythe is Crit for DRK, and can do 900+ damage when you first get it, tho, i doubt it will do any good damage in abyss, even with Razed Ruins
its multi crit hit ws is what we're looking for
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-20 15:17:59  
Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
imo this is the best possible setup for Rampage: This would go nicely for those of us who aren't that HQ:

In terms of damage.

With accuracy being a none factor. Particularly with RR atma, perhaps pizza+1 if you need it. Depends on your target, adjust accordingly etc.

EDIT: Although I completely forgot about the -DEX from the gloves. Not sure if there is better alternative for the hand slot though.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-20 15:26:28  
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
In terms of damage. With accuracy being a none factor. Particularly with RR atma, perhaps pizza+1 if you need it. Depends on your target, adjust accordingly etc.
wouldn't going chaos gauntlets +1 and red curry buns be somewhat better than going heafoc + pizza+1 ?
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-20 15:33:09  
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
In terms of damage. With accuracy being a none factor. Particularly with RR atma, perhaps pizza+1 if you need it. Depends on your target, adjust accordingly etc.
wouldn't going chaos gauntlets +1 and red curry buns be somewhat better than going heafoc + pizza+1 ?

Heh... yeah I would you AF+1 hands.

DRK only has a B- skill in Axe and Sword. Although if accuracy is still not an issue, definitely use more offensive food.
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2010-11-20 15:35:09  
Well, to be fair, nobody does anything outside of abyssea anymore, so whether or not scythe is better outside of abyssea doesn't really matter. I'm 100% sure it's better outside, but who cares when everyone is inside.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-20 15:40:45  
Bismarck.Helel said:
Well, to be fair, nobody does anything outside of abyssea anymore, so whether or not scythe is better outside of abyssea doesn't really matter. I'm 100% sure it's better outside, but who cares when everyone is inside.
well heroes is going to be the last abyssea expansion...if lvl cap is only going to 90... I wonder if SE is going to release an actual full expansion like TOAU
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-11-20 15:47:32  
well heroes is going to be the last abyssea expansion...if lvl cap is only going to 90... I wonder if SE is going to release an actual full expansion like TOAU

nobody really mentioned that in other threads..and its very possible and god am i hoping for "the far east" lol ... like where Tenzen is from, because the "far east" i dont think referred to AU
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-20 16:01:40  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
nobody really mentioned that in other threads..and its very possible and god am i hoping for "the far east" lol ... like where Tenzen is from, because the "far east" i dont think referred to AU
yeah the far east didn't refer to AU. and yeah be pretty sweet to go to tenzen's city. hopefully it this does become true, hopefully it will have an asian architecture theme. Cuz we alrdy got our doping wooden/jungle houses(windurst) european/dark ages theme (san d'oria) industrial/sand pit dwellings (bastok) 2 pirate towns(selbina/mhaura) 1 cave (norg) another jungle town (kazham) desert camp (rabao) and middle eastish(aht urghan)
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-20 16:06:41  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
yeah the far east didn't refer to AU. and yeah be pretty sweet to go to tenzen's city. hopefully it this does become true, hopefully it will have an asian architecture theme. Cuz we alrdy got our doping wooden/jungle houses(windurst) european/dark ages theme (san d'oria) industrial/sand pit dwellings (bastok) 2 pirate towns(selbina/mhaura) 1 cave (norg) another jungle town (kazham) desert camp (rabao) and middle eastish(aht urghan)

You forgot Jeuno!
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-11-20 16:08:09  
Jesus Christ, we're going back to 2005? I guess that's how broken Razed Ruin atma has made melees...Hopefully this will get SE's attention about DRK's melee state.
 Alexander.Xgalahadx
サーバ: Alexander
user: xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2010-11-20 16:12:48  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

Every dot is a major city with a mog. There is a lot to explore still(hopefully). :D
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-11-20 16:19:26  
That made was a fan-made speculation map. While amazing, it is plausible in its theories, but there's definitely a chance that we won't get to see those areas.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-20 16:30:06  

Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:
Jesus Christ, we're going back to 2005? I guess how broken Razed Ruins atma has made melees, lol.

Don't forget your Flux capacitor.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-11-20 16:32:32  
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:

Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:
Jesus Christ, we're going back to 2005? I guess how broken Razed Ruins atma has made melees, lol.

Don't forget your Flux capacitor.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5