フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Razed Ruins + Rampage/Vorpal Blade
Razed Ruins + Rampage/Vorpal Blade
 Bahamut.Aeronis
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-11-21 20:19:29  
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Not gonna really get into the whole vorpal vs rampage thing, but this last post. Swords come in quite a variety of flavors, *** sword class weapons like *** sword and company sword have some of the highest base dmg of 1H weapons for their respective levels. Unfortunate that they haven't released any new ones for post 75 but then again there's quite a general lack of non primary weapons in general.
Take a look at Hannibal's Sword.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-21 20:22:39  
Asura.Vyre said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Quote:
but I'm going to continue to disagree about how FTP works because of consistent everyday results.
Eyeballing. Good stuff. Let's pretend Sword and Axe were same D rating (50) fSTR capped at 13 pDif capped All crits STR is 150 50+13+(150*.30)*.85)*4.0*3.0 = 1224 (Vorpal) 50+13+(150*.30)*.85)*4.5*3.0 = 1377 (Rampage) But your experiences refute math. Keep it up.
I will sometime, for my experience is that where Rampage's ftp is 2.5 altogether, with a guranteed double attack. So it's
50+13+(150*.30)*.85)*3.5*3.0 = 1063

You have no idea what you're talking about.

You're severely lacking common knowledge about game mechanics. And eyeballing is bad.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-11-21 20:26:25  
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Not gonna really get into the whole vorpal vs rampage thing, but this last post. Swords come in quite a variety of flavors, *** sword class weapons like *** sword and company sword have some of the highest base dmg of 1H weapons for their respective levels. Unfortunate that they haven't released any new ones for post 75 but then again there's quite a general lack of non primary weapons in general.
Take a look at Hannibal's Sword.
Hannibal's has the same base dmg as company and is 15 lvls later. It's also usable by blu so it's not *** sword class.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2010-11-21 20:38:07  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
All after the first get rounded to 1. This is fact. Otherwise multi hit WS like Shark Bite and other high fTP WS would be doing insane damage. I also have to question the logic that makes you disagree about subsequent hits getting rounded up to 1, yet claim a DA proc would be rounded to 1. Does not compute.

Because hits beyond what are stated within the WS parameters are extraneous, and therefore not part of the WS's TP modifier. They aren't generated from TP, you see? They're still driven through the WS calculation, so that explains dealing higher than normal hit damage.

Also Shark Bite does do pretty good damage, but it can't crit without SA, and that only allows for one hit to crit. Plus it's a THF/DNC only dagger skill. You'll find that WSes like the ones you mentioned are are limited by job, description, or weapon type.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-21 20:41:46  
This just in, victory smite is 9.6 ftp
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-21 20:41:57  
You heard it first here
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2010-11-21 20:45:35  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
You heard it first here
Plug it in and show us the results :D
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-21 20:48:11  
Additional hits are generated by the WS. They wouldn't have occurred if the WS wasn't triggered, stoping spouting nonsense. Same ***why the fTP bonus from gorget doesn't apply to subsequent hits, or is that your next line of offense?

Take Savage Blade for example, 2 hits, fTP 4.50, by your logic this has an fTP of 7.0...

Same formula as above but with Savage Blade

150STR
100MND

50+13+(150*.30)+100*.50)*.85)*7.0*3.0 = 2002 DMG.

Wow! That must be why they had RDMs tank AV, Savage Blade is *** awesome! Now imagine a DA proc in there! 2288 DMG! *** Vorpal Blade, Savage Blade is a go. Shall we throw in a gorget too? 2316 DMG.

I think you get it by now.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2010-11-21 20:53:50  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Additional hits are generated by the WS. They wouldn't have occurred if the WS wasn't triggered, stoping spouting nonsense. Same ***why the fTP bonus from gorget doesn't apply to subsequent hits, or is that your next line of offense? Take Savage Blade for example, 2 hits, fTP 4.50, by your logic this has an fTP of 7.0... Same formula as above but with Savage Blade 150STR 100MND 50+13+(150*.30)+100*.50)*.85)*7.0*3.0 = 2002 DMG. Wow! That must be why they had RDMs tank AV, Savage Blade is *** awesome! Now imagine a DA proc in there! 2288 DMG! *** Vorpal Blade, Savage Blade is a go. Shall we throw in a gorget too? 2316 DMG. I think you get it by now.
You assumed at 300% TP, correct?
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-21 20:55:20  
Obviously. G'luck getting a Savage Blade to spike that high w/o Sneak attack

Edit: For reference, if we actually kept the fTP at 4.5 (the real number) it would work out around 1287. That's a hell of a lot more realistic
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2010-11-21 20:57:06  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Obviously. G'luck getting a Savage Blade to spike that high w/o Sneak attack
Actually, I do it all the time on War when I'm patient enough to save up to 300% 3k+ with Mighty Strikes. :)
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-21 21:01:34  
I'll take a wild guess and assume RR atma. Cause by your logic with RR atma and forced crits your total DMG (without gorget or any DA procs would be...) 3903.

That and it's now degraded into you being wrong -> insert dumb comment to troll with, so I'm out.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-11-21 21:07:00  
Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra said:
Two questions since I don't feel like reading what seems to be mindless arguing.

I have 8/8 sword merits; is Rampage still better?

What should a DRK offhand if going this route, then?

Also, what's the best axe atm?

I have now read the topic and reiterate the question.
 Leviathan.Agentd
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Agentd
By Leviathan.Agentd 2010-11-21 21:14:31  
Hey what skill level would be acceptable to start using an axe in abyssea as dark knight? I recently started (super hyper) leveling my axe and got rampage (which, for low skill and a poor attack axe is doing decent damage at the moment). Also, another question I was toying with is would it be a better idea to sub war for the boosted attack and berserk (and soon to be aggresor) and rock a shield, or a dual wielding class (probably nin) and double up on the axes?
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-21 21:17:27  
Two questions since I don't feel like reading what seems to be mindless arguing.

I have 8/8 sword merits; is Rampage still better?

What should a DRK offhand if going this route, then?

Also, what's the best axe atm?

I have now read the topic and reiterate the question.

Really just varies based on acc/attack. 16 attack won't make much difference, the gained acc might.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-11-21 21:18:12  
Thanks.

Also, should I dual wield or use /DRG?
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2010-11-21 21:18:47  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
I'll take a wild guess and assume RR atma. Cause by your logic with RR atma and forced crits your total DMG (without gorget or any DA procs would be...) 3903. That and it's now degraded into you being wrong -> insert dumb comment to troll with, so I'm out.
I don't have Razed Ruin yet, and my highest Savage Blade is 3105 in Abyssea - Attowha on an IT Defile Scorpion. The only DDing atma on me was VV. It was with a forced double(WC). And actually, sorry that you thought I was trolling. I'm quite serious, and if anything find you at least setting up the equations a respectful show of discussion as well as interesting.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [48 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2011-01-08 23:53:08  
Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
well heroes is going to be the last abyssea expansion...if lvl cap is only going to 90... I wonder if SE is going to release an actual full expansion like TOAU
nobody really mentioned that in other threads..and its very possible and god am i hoping for "the far east" lol ... like where Tenzen is from, because the "far east" i dont think referred to AU
yeah the far east didn't refer to AU. and yeah be pretty sweet to go to tenzen's city. hopefully it this does become true, hopefully it will have an asian architecture theme. Cuz we alrdy got our doping wooden/jungle houses(windurst) european/dark ages theme (san d'oria) industrial/sand pit dwellings (bastok) 2 pirate towns(selbina/mhaura) 1 cave (norg) another jungle town (kazham) desert camp (rabao) and middle eastish(aht urghan)
I'm hoping SE has an orgasm all over the map, and puts in Far East, Far North (Gigas homeland) Far South (Mithran jungle homeland, and not meaning Elshimo) and Far West. Many many places to see, mucho quests, missions, and most importantly, exp camps.
 Bahamut.Satanas
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2011-01-08 23:58:14  
New exp camps aren't very important having abyssea to exp in instead imo. I don't care much for quests either unless they are rewarding, I am a fan of storylines though, so new missions would be important for me.
 Fenrir.Gradd
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-01-09 02:16:08  
They could unlock "The last Verse" intead of leaving us hanging since Cop/Zilart ended, or atleast that is what I am hoping for. That has been in mission log for years youd think they would unlock it already.