users online
フォーラム » FFXIV » Servers » Istory » Happy holidays. 1 gil bazaar
Happy holidays. 1 gil bazaar
 Midgardsormr.Renala
サーバ: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-12-03 00:28:10  
As my title states, I though of an idea to not only help boost the servers economy, but also celebrate the seasons. We have thanksgiving tommarow here in the states as of posting this, and a month or so is Christmas. I pondered for awhile before the idea hit me.

1 gil bazaar sale, Randomly selecting a city and going to a secluded place, having 5-10 items on my bazaar for 1 gil. Varrying from food, tools, armor, weapons, Even some of those 'Unique' armors that sell for a butt-ton.

I'll be either farming and having made, or crafting the items myself to sell, So most things varry with my crafting skill alone.

For you greedy people, this is also a open inventation to be an ******* to your entire server and reap all the items and run off to profit. This is not for you types of people, this is to help BOOST the server and not yourself.

That said, please try and keep it to one item a person. Maybe 2 if you see something your like "Amg I can use that nao's!"

Ahem. Um, If you feel like joining in, you'll have to contact me in game, my names same as my screen name. This week's friday there will not be a set list unless I really hustle and throw some junk together.

Again, this will start on December the 3rd, I'll post the main items of what'll be there like "This weeks flavor of the week: TOOLS!" or whatever.

Flavor of the week: Over for this year.

Special thanks list: A special thank you tow Maki Makaa, Her friend Kelayna Starfire, and Alicia Whitemoon, Tankue Vedymuch, and my translator - Howl Kazuma.
By MavenRedux 2010-12-03 10:08:57  
nice idea, but ultimately you will hurt your economy and other crafters who rely on whatever your making to sustain, great idea but i'd focus this towards your LS and not the overall server. Happy Holidays!
By Unmei 2010-12-03 11:00:27  
MavenRedux said:
nice idea, but ultimately you will hurt your economy and other crafters who rely on whatever your making to sustain, great idea but i'd focus this towards your LS and not the overall server. Happy Holidays!

I see this as just a good gesture...It would be "impossible" to hurt the economy because it is on such a small scale and limited time ( month of december). To truly affect the economy they would have to bazzar hundred's of thousands of items from all crafts in their bazzar which is impossible since we can only bazzar 10 items...so yeah nice idea to bring the a not so social(atm) community together.
By MavenRedux 2010-12-03 12:55:54  
I didnt mean indefinitely, but "boosting" the server in this regard, allows the argument to go both ways

edit..chaos theory "takes a butterfly's flap of their wings to start a tsnumai" ;)
 Lakshmi.Cesil
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2010-12-03 16:39:24  
I like this idea :)
 Alexander.Elkhorn
サーバ: Alexander
user: Elkhorn
By Alexander.Elkhorn 2010-12-04 23:31:16  
Lakshmi.Cesil said:
ditto
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-12-06 05:00:18  
It went well last week, But I held it really early. I update n ffxiv core's forums more then anything. I can't seem to get an account working for ZAM to post there, so I'd like to ask some folks to quote that there if someone can ^^;

(And to the ZAM account thing.. I registered 3 email accounts, to get told "Wrong password or username" over and over -.-)
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-12-07 08:00:49  
Alright. Giving this a friendly nudge since I updated the 'flavor of the week'. I didn't list item level range this week, since.. well I dunno how high of stuff I'll be able to make!

I do want to mention the second part is someone who approached me, and whom can make every weapon apparently, and they want to join in. I do not know *what* level items they are making, But they said they'd make a varriety.

Last note, If *you* wanna join in, feel free to. More spirit the better~. Uhm.. And even more people to lug items the better, too, or more people adding into the christmas spirit too!
 Midgardsormr.Saskiot
user: saskiot
By Midgardsormr.Saskiot 2010-12-07 11:33:28  
Ren I'll log on later today and make a few things like ammo and basic armor if you want let me know if you want any.
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-12-07 11:54:29  
Your on istroy sask? O.o Woah. I thought no one came to here, and all went to uhm.. selbina.
 Midgardsormr.Dalimin
user: dalimin
By Midgardsormr.Dalimin 2010-12-08 13:33:57  
You're a mithra now, Renala? o.o
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-12-09 03:25:33  
Yeah, Even when I went back to 11 for a few months after losing my old account. Shesh your behind. XP

Now back to the 1 gil sale stuff D:
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-12-11 04:02:33  
This week went fairly well! Only really have 2 complaints, But they arn't bad.

First off people don't want the items it seems. I sit in a 'off the beaten road' place and shout for 30mins, then move. Thats when people find us. Ended up having 3 people selling stuff last night, and a 4th came in to hold stuff and I think she offered some items near the end.

That said, it leads to my bigger complaint. Two random people came up, Matos Tonka and Princess Marla of Trinidad Latina, more or less stopped the event by buying every item.

Anyway. Next week will be either weapons or armor, finally focusing on DoW/M jobs.
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-12-15 09:39:57  
I forgot to bump on here I did decide on DoW/DoM armor.
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-12-17 20:55:13  
Today went smoothly, without any bumps! I sold 16 items, and 2 people came and offered items at the last minute! I forget there names offhand, and crashed after a few hours of leves so if you read this and get mad of no thanks on here, {Please forgive me}!

Next weeks the last week, folks! Will be DoW/DoM weapons.~
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-12-24 21:07:15  
Today went well, Sold 13 items myself, and someone who joined in sold.. 6? Or 7. Anyway, thanks to the folks who helped in any way, and I hope to see more happy faces next year~
 Shiva.Cruveus
サーバ: Shiva
user: Cruveus
By Shiva.Cruveus 2010-12-24 22:34:01  
Lakshmi.Cesil said:
I like your boobies.... a lot
[+]
 Kujata.Akeda
サーバ: Kujata