New DRG Items (Dec 2010 Update)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » New DRG items (Dec 2010 Update)
New DRG items (Dec 2010 Update)
 Phoenix.Juggalo
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Juggalo
By Phoenix.Juggalo 2010-12-08 13:39:54  
I was loving the new Dragon Breath abilities. I use them all the time. I was DRG/WHM and it was like an extra Healing Breath, no trigger needed, great if low on MP or for a quick cure after battle. Offensive is a nice extra dmg every minute... hard to complain about it, IMO.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-08 13:56:32  
So, what're some good atmas for DRG/Mage solo?

I was thinking of playing with Ebon Hoof + that new one from Fafnir. Or would it be better swap one out for VV?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-12-08 15:12:16  
Titan.Eiryn said:
The new breath abilities suck... 1 minute recast timer is too long. Looks like DRG is stuck with /mage when soloing or when they have a chance of taking heavy damage.

Considering we couldn't even HB before on /melee this is pretty nice, it also acts as an uninterruptable trigger when you are /mage or extra ones with out having to cast and thus you can use it when muted or silenced.

If you actually do gear your breaths well you can get plenty of healing and keeping up TE on /sam can keep you alive indefinably even on a mildly difficult battle.

I wasn't expecting to be able to spam this every 5 seconds but it does offer a great option in various situations. The fact that the damage breath is on a separate timer is pretty awesome too.

I'm just glad they didn't use these to replace standard healing breaths. I have no complaints and was honestly impressed.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-12-08 15:16:48  
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
Titan.Eiryn said:
The new breath abilities suck... 1 minute recast timer is too long. Looks like DRG is stuck with /mage when soloing or when they have a chance of taking heavy damage.

Considering we couldn't even HB before on /melee this is pretty nice, it also acts as an uninterruptable trigger when you are /mage or extra ones with out having to cast and thus you can use it when muted or silenced.

If you actually do gear your breaths well you can get plenty of healing and keeping up TE on /sam can keep you alive indefinably even on a mildly difficult battle.

I wasn't expecting to be able to spam this every 5 seconds but it does offer a great option in various situations. The fact that the damage breath is on a separate timer is pretty awesome too.

I'm just glad they didn't use these to replace standard healing breaths. I have no complaints and was honestly impressed.

I hate how people QQ about something thats free. The timer isn't that bad /SAM it's a nice bonus being able to pop deep breathing every 5 minutes and healing breath every 1 minute. I dont have to spirit surge to save my *** when I have a healing breath in reserve that heals 1k HP.
 Titan.Eiryn
サーバ: Titan
user: Eiryn
By Titan.Eiryn 2010-12-08 15:19:55  
Maybe "suck" was the wrong word for it, but I was hoping for something a little more, I guess. Granted this is a nice ability to have for the many "Oh-shi" situations. I have yet to personally make a wyvern elemental breath build so maybe my returns are just lower than normal, but I haven't seen any numbers above 50-100.

When I really think about it though, eliminating the need for drg to /mage solo would break the job more than it already has become with the new jumps.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-12-08 15:25:05  
Would let you use full time hasso more for exp too without mages bitching.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2010-12-08 15:25:37  
Titan.Eiryn said:
Maybe "suck" was the wrong word for it, but I was hoping for something a little more, I guess. Granted this is a nice ability to have for the many "Oh-shi" situations. I have yet to personally make a wyvern elemental breath build so maybe my returns are just lower than normal, but I haven't seen any numbers above 50-100. When I really think about it though, eliminating the need for drg to /mage solo would break the job more than it already has become with the new jumps.

I was doing dominion last night and would use the JA breath after i was about threshold on standard healing breath to cap me out. with a healing breath setup and abyssea buffs (VV and RR, not hoof or dragonrider even) i was getting 600-700. If i pulled hate as /sam i could see this being very useful to diffuse alot of the damage taken between third eyes (and get me off whm aggro list).

I could ask for more but I am very please with this addition to my arsenal.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-12-08 16:55:09  
So my question is..

For drg/mage which are the best Atmas? I know you can still do VV EE..but I thinking more about HP+ Atmas.

Ebon Hoof: HP: superior(30%), Resist Sleep
Sanguine Scythe: HP: Major, Crit Hit+, Emn+
Dragon Rider: Magic Attack Bonus: Minor, Enhance Dragun Killer, Wyvern HP: Superior

I don't know which you would use..Both Ebon Hoof and Sanguine Scythe give HP to char/pet so those might be better but who knows how much HP+ superior is when it's only for Wyvern.

Does it even matter? is VV EE still better for drg/whm..with Hoof only a while ago I was getting 800~1100 HB which I thought was interesting. Wonder how high you can push those numbers.
 Diabolos.Yugl
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Yugl
By Diabolos.Yugl 2010-12-08 17:00:26  
RR + SS + VV.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-12-08 17:14:15  
Diabolos.Yugl said:
RR + GH + VV.
ftfy
 Caitsith.Linear
サーバ: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-12-08 17:47:03  
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Diabolos.Yugl said:
RR + SS + VV.
ftfy
ftfy.

HP+ is important for HB Trigger and for the amount cured.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2010-12-09 00:46:20  
Titan.Eiryn said:

So let me get this straight, the ability sucks because it's on a 1:00 timer? This is better than no healing breath at all, gimme w/e you are smoking.
 Phoenix.Juggalo
user: Juggalo
By Phoenix.Juggalo 2011-01-02 12:33:14  
Updated original post with some basics on the new Empryean pieces. Will go through the rest another time. Sorry for the delay!