users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Estoquer's Sayon & Gantherots
Estoquer's Sayon & Gantherots
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-13 07:04:47  
50 int is pretty comparable to 30 mab anyways. And anyways assuming you stick with ice nukes (not to hard to do) undying will help your dmg more than baying moon.

Interesting side note: Tonight for some reason my comp wouldn't stop freezing in pt. Spec wise it shouldn't be a problem it just does it sometimes.

So I decided since I had alot of lights to go and solo and get a key *** to leech. Went to worms. Turns out once I finished capping lights and got blizz 4 I could almost non stop chainspell. Ie chainspell 5-7 mobs to death get an isl rinse repeat over and over and over. Sadly since I don't have ultimate or undying I kinda had to rely on aestics to 2 shot the mobs but was rather interesting way to xp and convert timer never mattered ;)

And yes obviously sometimes bad luck happened and no isl dropped in a round. Just like sometimes 3 did and even being quick 1 would go to waste
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-12-13 07:39:36  
Odin.Blazza said:
Keep in mind btw, that while ultimate/beyond/bayingmoon will do the most damage (excluding PW's atma), you will also have no atma refresh. So swap out baying moon for MM, you'll lose 30MAB and gain 50INT, but also gain 10mp refresh.

I have no issues whatsoever with not using a Refresh atma; between ISLs, 8:20 verts, temp item boxes, temp items to begin with and Aspir, I have more than enough MP to go around as long as I'm not an idiot.

If I was hardcore healing a stressful situation I'd use one though.
 Siren.Froggis
サーバ: Siren
user: Froggis
By Siren.Froggis 2010-12-13 21:14:29  
In regards to the Shinryu thing... SE's patch info gave me the impression that you only need 9/9 bosses and nothing in particular to do with 6/6 caturae? Though go me, now I'm derailing the thread... Sorry original poster!
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-13 21:31:55  
Siren.Froggis said:
In regards to the Shinryu thing... SE's patch info gave me the impression that you only need 9/9 bosses and nothing in particular to do with 6/6 caturae? Though go me, now I'm derailing the thread... Sorry original poster!
Yeah... but after you finish alot of them it starts warning you about the caturaes.... so who knows. Alot of my ls is 9/9 and didn't get a shinryu warning
 Shiva.Shinneh
サーバ: Shiva
user: Shinneh
By Shiva.Shinneh 2010-12-14 16:19:38  
So, Just got +1 hands, does anyone know how it enhances Saboteur? lol
 Siren.Froggis
By Siren.Froggis 2010-12-14 18:10:08  
I have the +2 items for RDM hands but haven't gotten any seals yet :(

I'd imagine the "enhances saboteur" just increases the duration more since they just lowered the potency enhancement in the last update (pretty sure that's what they meant). Perhaps 5/5 slow will last 5 min so you can always saboteur it - that's what I'm hoping lol.
 Shiva.Shinneh
サーバ: Shiva
user: Shinneh
By Shiva.Shinneh 2010-12-14 18:15:43  
Siren.Froggis said:
I have the +2 items for RDM hands but haven't gotten any seals yet :(

I'd imagine the "enhances saboteur" just increases the duration more since they just lowered the potency enhancement in the last update (pretty sure that's what they meant). Perhaps 5/5 slow will last 5 min so you can always saboteur it - that's what I'm hoping lol.

Ooooh ok good to know ty^^ Lol it felt good to get rid of Teal cuffs >.>
 Siren.Froggis
By Siren.Froggis 2010-12-15 06:49:59  
Finished seals tonight for +2 hands... the "enhances saboteur" does not seem to increase duration as per intial testing with Dia and Slow II. Would imagine it has to do with the effect at this point. And no, it does not shorten the recast time of Saboteur.

Will test effectiveness with a friend later today. Perhaps the +2 gloves will negate whatever reduction SE made to Saboteur in the recent patch.

If not effectiveness, perhaps it does something like automatic full duration (so like 100% accuracy except if the target is immune). Ya... I'm kinda hoping its that actually lol.
 Siren.Froggis
By Siren.Froggis 2010-12-20 19:42:06  
Test in brenner shows that the gloves seem to add 3.34% extra slow when used in conjunction with saboteur, normally capping at 75% without the gloves. Might not have been the most accurate method so please feel free to post other results you've found.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-20 20:08:56  
What exactly happened to sabo?
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-12-20 20:13:23  
it got sabotaged
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-20 20:15:47  
Specifically?
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-12-20 20:16:25  
I'm not sure, I just wanted to say that.
[+]
 Siren.Froggis
By Siren.Froggis 2010-12-21 17:48:11  
They said saboteur was being used in a manner "beyond their (SE's) original intention to great effects" or some nonsense. I'd imagine they gimped the effect. Rather certain that saboteur bypassed formula caps or something... and slow2 was definitely more potent before the update. I believe maybe saboteur counted merits in its calculation instead of just the dMND.

I'm not terribly sure though but ya they gimped the effect somehow is what I got from the wording.
 Siren.Froggis
By Siren.Froggis 2010-12-22 03:32:39  
Here's what they actually said about saboteur:
"An issue wherein the effects of the red mage ability "Saboteur" would exceed intended limits has been resolved."

I took that as a gimp. Was starting to think I just made it up lol.