Bale Body and Hands NQ HQ HQ2
 Cerberus.Rayik
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2010-12-21 07:52:09  
Bismarck.Pawnskipper said:
Cerberus.Urteil said:
I understand gear swaps, I have scripts like any other good person to swap all my gear out EVERY TIME I do an action. From WS'ing, to tanking in -pdt, etc. Maybe, I'm tired of looking like a retired clown with red pants, and shoes, a multicolored body and a horned head. Perhaps thats how Pawnskipper feels too, but do you seriously think if it came down to "Hey mother ***, put on those fruity pants and get that 7% haste of our party will lose." He'd go "oooh *** that, full timan bale!" No. But it never comes down to that, especially with HOW EASY EVERYTHING IS IN ABYSSEA. It never comes down to "Haha ***, that DRK didn't have 5% more haste, and we lost!" You're all dipshits.

<3 FEEEEL MEH!!!! lol

I can see both sides of this. Yes, we ALL know by now, if you're gearing wrong, mob takes longer to kill, party loses out, etc. You guys are suckers if you think for one second Pawnskipper doesn't already know this. If you're participating in NM's, events, etc then we all know about gearing and swapping to maximum mathematical effectiveness.

On the other side of the fence; seriously, shits easy now. If you're playing with friends and doing low man groups, gear however the hell you want. As long as you and your friends are having fun, that's all that matters. Personally, I spend a LOT more time playing with my wife, brother, and RL friends this way, and we have a blast. I plan on full timing my Bale set when it's complete and playing with friends(not in events).

tl; dr: In events, gear top and swap. With friends, anything goes.
 Bismarck.Selzak
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Selzak 2011-01-11 10:56:00  
Anyone have suggestions on farming the Bale Seal: Body and Bale Seal: Hands? I haven't been able to get a single one yet, HQ'd my Head and Legs mostly solo.
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-01-11 11:25:14  
Bismarck.Selzak said:
Anyone have suggestions on farming the Bale Seal: Body and Bale Seal: Hands? I haven't been able to get a single one yet, HQ'd my Head and Legs mostly solo.
Giant for body..Manticore for hands.
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-01-11 11:44:11  
Bismarck.Selzak said:
I've personally been spamming Frozen Flame Redux for the DRK, BLU and SMN hands seals since I can't get anyone to do Seal farming for crap, unless I can convince people I'm already doing Seal farms with to take on the NM that they or I need seals from.

You probably won't be interested in the two latter seals, but it's an easy quest that requires 3-5 minutes to do. When you hit the Snoll enough to get to recover its HP up to 75%-100% HP, you're doing it right and you'll get a chance at a seal.

As for body, I've gotten my seals from the iron giant in Altepa. Granted, I only have two atm.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-01-12 19:19:12  
whats the best way to get body seals?
 Lakshmi.Kulx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: jnaze2
By Lakshmi.Kulx 2011-01-12 19:31:59  
Fairy NM in Grau likes to drop DRK body seals, which is surprising. Not too hard of an NM. MNK/NIN, RDM/(DRK, BLM), and BLM can trio and a good shot at grellow. Just keep up on stun rotation between RDM and BLM or things can go south.

As far as hand seals, the quest hated me. If I would have kept them I would have most likely completed BLM and BLU before I got 1 DRK. For the other 7 seals I did the Wyvern NM in Grau. Loved WHM and DRG, but DRK did drop and NM wasn't that bad.

Overall both NMs shouldn't be a problem with a strong tank and filler jobs of anyone wanting the other seals
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-01-12 21:06:29  
Lakshmi.Kulx said:
Fairy NM in Grau likes to drop DRK body seals, which is surprising. Not too hard of an NM. MNK/NIN, RDM/(DRK, BLM), and BLM can trio and a good shot at grellow. Just keep up on stun rotation between RDM and BLM or things can go south. As far as hand seals, the quest hated me. If I would have kept them I would have most likely completed BLM and BLU before I got 1 DRK. For the other 7 seals I did the Wyvern NM in Grau. Loved WHM and DRG, but DRK did drop and NM wasn't that bad. Overall both NMs shouldn't be a problem with a strong tank and filler jobs of anyone wanting the other seals
sweet thanks
 Bismarck.Hsieh
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2011-01-12 21:35:13  
easiest way to get body seals solo is doing the Bridget quest in Altpea.

Conflux 7 i think, activate quest, have all possible combinations for a job, wear it and complete the quest and zone out.

Got about 8 seals that i needed and in addition you get seals for cor, whm, and bst.

hands i duoed on rdm with a thf on the manticore nm for that zone. drops drk hands a lot.

theres some other quest include grauberg finding harvesting some weed then feeding it to the choco. got 1 or 2 seals. forgot if it was body or hands.

Coins of Ardor is Bemnmu or Indrik. Had a guy in my brew indrik.
Hands is a little tricky. Gotta get them off Dragua or the vrtra nm in grauberg.

i figured most of this stuff out before wiki had the info posted. i tried to solo the snoll one, but horrible drop rate.
 Ragnarok.Returner
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-01-13 08:50:43  
Fairy NM gave me a hard time. Killed over 15 and dropped 2 drk body seals ; ; while gotten at least 10 blms and 10 drgs and some other job I think. May be just bad luck, but I have way better experience on Giants.