users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Atma of the Griffon's Claw
Atma of the Griffon's Claw
First Page 2 3
 Fenrir.Gradd
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-12-11 03:14:28  
Ok so I finally found it, I got it from doing Excenmille's quest in Altepa then finishing all the OPs that he has you do, takes maybe 60 minutes total.

Screwing around with it a little bit doesnt seem all that impressive, Guillotine Damage only seem slightly higher than the norm... Going to finish my 10% Damage scythe hoping maybe ill get better numbers from that.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-12-11 03:31:16  
What quests? linkify prz. i have no idea about WoTG crap
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-12-11 03:47:48  
You talk to Excenmille at his little OP area, its near Flux 5, Quest is "Proof of the Lion" after that you complete the OPs the dude next to him gives you, and BAM Atma.
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-11 03:52:59  
Hmm, sounds dissapointing, but I wouldn't be surprised :/

Imo, judging on the stats, Atma of the Griffon's Claw favors Relic DRK (Both Scythe and GS) more than anything else.

Probably DRK's best Atma combo will be RR/VV and Alpha&Omega, with fulltime SE.

I'm scheptical as to how good a +10% damage Scythe could perform for normal weaponskills VS a Stp or OaT Scythe. Of course, for scythe WSs, it's better than the TP Bonus +100 one.

Grats on finding the Atma though
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2010-12-11 04:00:43  
complete 7 of the main abyssea quests u get 3rd lunar so might want to experiment with 3 atma combos
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-12-11 04:18:07  
Odin.Sheelay said:
Hmm, sounds dissapointing, but I wouldn't be surprised :/

Imo, judging on the stats, Atma of the Griffon's Claw favors Relic DRK (Both Scythe and GS) more than anything else.

Probably DRK's best Atma combo will be RR/VV and Alpha&Omega, with fulltime SE.

I'm scheptical as to how good a +10% damage Scythe could perform for normal weaponskills VS a Stp or OaT Scythe. Of course, for scythe WSs, it's better than the TP Bonus +100 one.

Grats on finding the Atma though

STP scythe in my opinion is very much worthless now, I can 5-hit any 528 Delay scythe with very little difficulty now, Ace's Sabatons and Goading Belt make it a joke to accomplish.

Thats why im working on the 10% Scythe, I can 5-hit it very easily hoping to get better results with that. Altho when I talked to Nightfyre he told me the DA scythe would more than likely be the better option. DA path is such a huge grind tho :(
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-11 04:51:54  
I was honestly surprised to see the low damage OaT weapons obtain a 2-4 attribute.
Considering how harder the high damage OaT versions are to obtain, you'd figure they'd give them e better hand..

How's your Caladbolg going? I'm pretty anxious to know how it's going to behave on your DRK.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-12-11 04:57:00  
Odin.Sheelay said:
I was honestly surprised to see the low damage OaT weapons obtain a 2-4 attribute.
Considering how harder the high damage OaT versions are to obtain, you'd figure they'd give them e better hand..

How's your Caladbolg going? I'm pretty anxious to know how it's going to behave on your DRK.

19/50 Atm for Carabosse, slowed down slightly because of school, friend of mine just completed his though, his Torcleavers average from 2.3-3k, and his Crits with Razed ruins average 1k Aswell, it seems pretty damn mean and just what DRK needs x;

Done with finals tho so now I can get back to focusing on finishing it, I think I can have it done in 2 weeks if I push it ~_~
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-11 05:03:12  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Odin.Sheelay said:

25/50 Atm for Carabosse, slowed down slightly because of school, friend of mine just completed his though, his Torcleavers average from 2.3-3k, and his Crits with Razed ruins average 1k Aswell, it seems pretty damn mean and just what DRK needs x;

Done with finals tho so now I can get back to focusing on finishing it, I think I can have it done in 2 weeks if I push it ~_~

Sweet! I'm actually glad I wasn't playing for the past 3 months. It seems like it saved me from a lot of wrong ToM choices, lol.

Now I can get back to work on my Bravura and benefit from the eased Dynamys and increased droprate too (inb4 Relics are dead, it was my goal and I'll get it done eventually!) XD

It's going to suck having to pick up with Abyssea bosses, Atmas and AF3 though @_@
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-12-11 05:12:23  
Odin.Sheelay said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Odin.Sheelay said:

25/50 Atm for Carabosse, slowed down slightly because of school, friend of mine just completed his though, his Torcleavers average from 2.3-3k, and his Crits with Razed ruins average 1k Aswell, it seems pretty damn mean and just what DRK needs x;

Sweet! I'm actually glad I wasn't playing for the past 3 months. It seems like it saved me from a lot of wrong ToM choices, lol.

Now I can get back to work on my Bravura and benefit from the eased Dynamys and increased droprate too (inb4 Relics are dead, it was my goal and I'll get it done eventually!) XD

It's going to suck having to pick up with Abyssea bosses, Atmas and AF3 though @_@

Bravura is still good just cuz WAR uses it <.<'... and im sure it will be upgraded eventually to where it pwns again ~_~

Really in love with WAR right now its just so damn broken, but DRK is my first love and I just wanna play it :3

Currency seems to be alot higher drop rate tho now too, did windy a few days go got 5 100s and like 30 pieces of AF.

Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-11 05:17:28  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Odin.Sheelay said:

Bravura is still good just cuz WAR uses it <.<'... and im sure it will be upgraded eventually to where it pwns again ~_~

Really in love with WAR right now its just so damn broken, but DRK is my first love and I just wanna play it :3

Currency seems to be alot higher drop rate tho now too, did windy a few days go got 50 100s and like 30 pieces of AF.

WWWWWWOOOAH! WAIT! Did you just say 50 100s? O_O

That's crazy! Did you have a lvl 90 THF? Actually, how many people did you have alltogether?

I think by now I'll be lucky to get a small group of 5-6 friends to lowman Dynamis with
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-12-11 05:20:36  
erm... typo meant 5 lol
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-11 05:25:05  
That's more like it lol

The AF rain still sounds fun though. I'm going to enjoy setting Dyna Tav runs :D

Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-12-11 05:26:42  
Odin.Sheelay said:
That's more like it lol

The AF rain still sounds fun though. I'm going to enjoy setting Dyna Tav runs :D

Yea... hoping to finally get my God Damn Abyss cape, been chasing it for years, never drops when I show up to Qufim or Bubu <_>
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-12-11 05:46:45  
Bleh been screwing around with Griffon/VV Atma I dont think its worth it unless you can use Three Atma. You REALLY notice the lack of high Damage crits when your not using RR, I usually crit for 450-600 Damage with my scythe depending on the mob, that DoT just doesnt seem like something id want to give up :/

After I finish getting a Third lunar I think I will Do RR/VV/GC, until then ill stick with RR/VV.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-11 05:48:57  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Bleh been screwing around with Griffon/VV Atma I dont think its worth it unless you can use Three Atma. You REALLY notice the lack of high Damage crits when your not using RR, I usually crit for 450-600 Damage with my scythe depending on the mob, that DoT just doesnt seem like something id want to give up :/

After I finish getting a Third lunar I think I will Do RR/VV/GC, until then ill stick with RR/VV.

I still have a fealing Alpha and Omega is going to be the better third Atma, or even Atma of the Demonic Lash, over Griphon's Claw.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-12-11 05:54:33  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:

I still have a fealing Alpha and Omega is going to be the better third Atma, or even Atma of the Demonic Lash, over Griphon's Claw.

Bleh I like it... DRKs biggest problem right now is its Weapon Skill Damage is so much lower than other jobs, going to finish my 10% Damage scythe and hopefully get better results.

Also any clue how much Triple Attack Alpha and Omega has? I suppose that would help Guillotine spike more often if it is a considerable ammount.

But once I finish Calad I wont guillotine anymore ~_~

The atma adds 30 Scythe and Great Sword Skill btw.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-11 05:59:45  
It's hard to tell without a parser, but it is a significant addition. I'd bet my sash that it's 5% or higher for sure. It seems maybe approaching 10%, but that figure is likely clouded by "omg i just did 5.5k Quietus lolz" factor.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-12-11 06:12:08  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
It's hard to tell without a parser, but it is a significant addition. I'd bet my sash that it's 5% or higher for sure. It seems maybe approaching 10%, but that figure is likely clouded by "omg i just did 5.5k Quietus lolz" factor.

How are you liking Quietus? I still havent seen a single screen shot of it thats impressed me, seems slightly better than guillotine.

I am done with the scythe up to WoE but dont know if its even worth doing WoE especially when im so close to finishing Caladbolg.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-12-11 06:14:33  
So, obtained my third lunar yesterday, think it's worth getting this atma for my drk? Or should I just stick to RR + VV + alpha/omega?
I dont play the job very much >_<
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-12-11 06:17:29  
I will screw around w/ Alpha/omega tommorow while im farming carabosse pops then ill give you a good answer to that x;

The quest only really takes 60 minutes tho so it could be good to have I dunno x;

Tried asking kirschy what she thinks but shes been AFK :(
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-11 06:40:53  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:

How are you liking Quietus? I still havent seen a single screen shot of it thats impressed me, seems slightly better than guillotine.

I am done with the scythe up to WoE but dont know if its even worth doing WoE especially when im so close to finishing Caladbolg.

Quietus is... Disappointing. Don't get me wrong, it's better than Guillotine in every way, but compared to every other WS, even Non-crit like Fudo and Torcleaver, it leaves much to be desired.

The worst part is, it's not even consistent. Despite having an "Ignores defense" trait, it seems to just do whatever it wants in terms of damage. And in the exact same circumstances, it can do 800 or 2000.

The 5.5k took everything I had, and a triple attack, and is by no means something anyone should think they'd hit on that weapon skill. It was pretty lulzy too, cause it followed a Blade: Hi and took Pascerpot or w/e that crawler is, from 88% to 31% in one attack.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-12-11 08:38:41  
Bleh I counted wrong must have been tired or something, the Atma only adds +10 Skill to both GS and Scythe.

Edit: Also I talked with Kirschy and she did the testing on it, its a 20% increase in Weapon Skill Damage.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-12-11 10:15:01  
Well, 20% increase is pretty nice, would be better avarage ws dmg with that atma for sure, but would it be better over-all vs the 50 atk and triple attack from alpha/omega? >_<
Assuming not eating red curry or having minuets*
Pretty much allways eat pizza+1 on my DRK.
 Asura.Arkanethered
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Arkanethered 2010-12-11 10:34:17  
Thanks for posting where this comes from Gradd. Ill play with RR/VV/GC and RR/GH/GC later to see how they favor Cata.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-12-11 11:25:48  
I was averaging about 1.6k-1.8k Guillotines last night on Duvinn with no Stalwart's and using VV/Alpha&Omega (I wasn't fulltime meleeing it to make it easier for procs, TPing on imps so didn't see the need to use RR much) which I was fairly happy with. Just a random note - Guillotine isn't dead, it's just not crit.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-12-12 08:03:33  
I don't think I am going to end up using this atma inside of Abyssea with Great Sword once I finish Caladbolg.

I was actually looking at Atma combo to figure out what would be best for Caladbolg, and I came up with these three.

Razed Ruins (1k Crits during aftermath is <3), Voracious Violet, and a newer one Atma of the Plaguebringer. "Regen": Minor "Store TP"+: Major "Double Attack"+: Minor (Minor is 5% Double Attack?)

Using Plague Bringer you could force Caladbolg to 6-hit Very Very easily assuming its well over 20 STP (STP Minor is 20) this atma is Major so you would be able to WS in w/e the hell you want inside of abyssea using a 6-hit Caladbolg.

Today was actually a really good day for my DRK got Tactical Mantle for my 5-hit Scythe, Timarli body to use until I finish AF3+1, and I powered through Carabosse and got 12 Gems, would have been 13 but my inventory was full and I let one floor on accident ><!!!

31/50 so far I should be able to finish stage 1 in a few more days then off to major Heqet camping. x; Helping a friend finish his Masamune at the same time tho too so Stage II might take me a little longer, he was kind enough to donate 5 pops to me because I am so much closer than him to finishing stage I ^^

But ya thats just my thoughts I dont see myself using Griffon's claw with Caladbolg at all.

-Gradd
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-12 08:11:51  
Those 1k procs would do 2k on an EAF set bonus lol.
 Asura.Solara
サーバ: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-12-12 09:39:14  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Atma of the Plaguebringer. "Regen": Minor "Store TP"+: Major "Double Attack"+: Minor (Minor is 5% Double Attack?)

Using Plague Bringer you could force Caladbolg to 6-hit Very Very easily assuming its well over 20 STP (STP Minor is 20) this atma is Major so you would be able to WS in w/e the hell you want inside of abyssea using a 6-hit Caladbolg.

We did some informal testing on this the other day, and despite being "major" on the description it appeared to only give 20stp. Not sure if it's an error in the description, or someone just screwed up in the implementation, but it was a major letdown for me as well. I was hoping for 30 stp so I could 4hit Maschu+2. lol
First Page 2 3