users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Jinpu/Koki Madness
Jinpu/Koki Madness
First Page 2 3 4
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2010-12-19 22:37:03  

No brew, Masamune but no double damage aftermath at the time, regular ws gear, Atma of the ultimate, Atma of the baying moon, and Atma of the Voracious Violet. 100tp only. I think there's some potential here >_>, better than gekko at least. (Oblit invented jinpu!)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kyoroshimo
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Kyoroshimo 2010-12-19 22:42:01  
[+]
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2010-12-19 22:47:21  
I mean think about it, gk base damage is irrelevant, so you could do this ***with a soboro probably
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-19 22:47:47  
Jinpu has the potential locked away to spike high as ***, this has been known since Silver Sea Remnants was invented, abyssea just gave us the key to do it on something other than Chigoes (And of course never the spider)
[+]
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2010-12-19 22:50:52  
We were doing 5.7k Kokis to Jaculus, with all the means of increasing mab and the like from items and atma this could become really nice. This is at the least better than gekko.
[+]
 Cerberus.Oblit
user: oblit
By Cerberus.Oblit 2010-12-19 23:09:31  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Jinpu has the potential locked away to spike high as ***, this has been known since Silver Sea Remnants was invented, abyssea just gave us the key to do it on something other than Chigoes (And of course never the spider)

Koki/Jinpu damage are consistently high with MAB atmas.

[+]
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2010-12-19 23:10:09  
werd
 Ifrit.Phlow
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Phlow
By Ifrit.Phlow 2010-12-20 00:03:28  
Cerberus.Wolfshadow said:
I mean think about it, gk base damage is irrelevant, so you could do this ***with a soboro probably

Call my bluff, but I believe multi-hit physical weapon skills (such as rana / jinpu) are highly affected by base damage of weapon. Which is why SAM was one of the only classes to benefit from martial weapons (given that gekko is affecfed more by TP bonuses than base damage).

This is the reason THF or PLD main-handed strong base damage weapons in the main before the level cap increased (e.g. Company Sword / Perseus Harp). Hell, polearm SAMs proved this on colibri's with a the 5-hit penta and the higher base damage of the polearms (coupled with the 25% weakness of course).

SAM is entering a realm we are not familiar with - The realm of high ATK (larger pdif) and level difference correction. We were popular when level cap was 75 because most of our WS's ignored acc and atk, but now that those things are weighing in our favor (instead of against us), we need to adjust. I wouldn't be suprised to see more ATK / ACC builds for WS.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-12-20 00:17:47  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Jinpu has the potential locked away to spike high as ***, this has been known since Silver Sea Remnants was invented

was with super-nq gear and my hagun at the time, teehee

but yea, this is quite mad interesting, though i'm curious as to how it fairs on nm's worth a dang (bukhis, hedjedjet, etc)
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-12-20 00:21:55  
I've always been a fan of random big damage ele ws's
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-20 01:02:54  
Time to test koki myself, cuz I have atma of the beyond, which has 30 MAB like baying moon but light Magic Att+ major...yes I'm definitely gonna try this, cuz I'm intrigued.
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
サーバ: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2010-12-20 01:25:04  
damn. time to do some self tests.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-20 01:50:11  
I did some really small testing solo rq, on raptors in mis, with atma of the beyond, atma of the ultimate and i alternated with stout arm and atma of gales (for jinpu) to see which was better.. highest koki was 3k, jinpu was 3383 though i didn't notice if those were DA procs or not, i was on /war....

gear was GK:Keitonotachi +2 (TP bonus), pole grip, thew bomblet, varangian helm, chiv chain, moldy earring, brutal earring, perle body, AF+1 hands, flame ring + rajas, unkai sugemino, WW belt, Unkai haidate +1 and unkai sune-ate +1 ... my gear isn't really "crap", but its obviously not top end, but idk how his dmg could double mine, without aftermath on masamune...

edit: and for the record i tried with soboro and WS dmg wasn't even 1/2 that.. so yes GK dmg is definitely a factor in those WSs
 Fenrir.Gradd
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-12-20 01:54:33  
What the hell is up with Koki? I tried testing this out with Herculean slash I was only able to hit 1.4k using a stronger Atma combo, VV, Atma of the Beyond(30 MAB and Ice MAB), and Ultimate.
 Bahamut.Arouis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: arouis
By Bahamut.Arouis 2010-12-20 02:10:54  
Are we talking MAB atma only? Or int based as well?
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-20 02:12:46  
Bahamut.Arouis said:
Are we talking MAB atma only? Or int based as well?

int isn't a stat mod for either of those WS.. koki is str and mnd, and jinpu is just STR
 Bahamut.Arouis
By Bahamut.Arouis 2010-12-20 02:31:13  
I get that, i just mean have they been tested stacking Int or just MAB.
 Bismarck.Daffel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: daffel
By Bismarck.Daffel 2010-12-20 02:31:33  
Have you all been using an ascetic's tonic also? That pushes the damage of koki and jinpu too.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-20 02:34:25  
i did not, but it says in OP that oblit didn't either..and i dont think it will double your dmg.. his dmg is 2x mine....i'm very confused as to how he got it that high, when i used better atma for koki... >_<
 Bahamut.Striker
By Bahamut.Striker 2010-12-20 02:38:49  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
What the hell is up with Koki? I tried testing this out with Herculean slash I was only able to hit 1.4k using a stronger Atma combo, VV, Atma of the Beyond(30 MAB and Ice MAB), and Ultimate.
I believe some "elemental weaponskills" are hybrid of physical and elemental, since double attack can proc on them, and apparently weapon damage does matter on them unlike the purely magical ws's, yet they are still affected by MAB which would give them a higher damage potential.
 Bismarck.Daffel
user: daffel
By Bismarck.Daffel 2010-12-20 02:40:38  
Ahahahah use an ascetic's tonic and you will probably see much higher numbers. We have been having koki, jinpu, and enpi wars in my LS when in abyssea. Believe the highest jinpu claim was 9k but sadly was not mine so no SS =/. Think triple attack atma was being used in conjunction with MAB atma's and it was a lucky proc.
 Bahamut.Arouis
By Bahamut.Arouis 2010-12-20 02:42:51  
If the damage is consistent enough can we already start saying lolfudo?
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-12-20 02:51:49  
Bahamut.Striker said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
I believe some "elemental weaponskills" are hybrid of physical and elemental, since double attack can proc on them, and apparently weapon damage does matter on them unlike the purely magical ws's, yet they are still affected by MAB which would give them a higher damage potential.

I don't know I also tried Freezebite STR/INT weaponskill a multi hit just like Koki didnt get anywhere near the same damage as Herc Slash unless I built up to 300% TP. Also did infernal scythe barley scraped 1k, although I didnt test out Shadow of Death but I doubt SoD would do anything ground breaking.

Either one of two things Koki/Jinpu are currently broken, or SE is showing their true colors and they realized they *** over their love child SAM in the previous update.
 Unicorn.Bladerah
サーバ: Unicorn
user: knighted1
By Unicorn.Bladerah 2010-12-20 03:00:51  
jinpu sucks!
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-20 04:21:52  
The same ones are hybrids. I beleive the physical side is calculated normally than the magical uses that and puts on magical mods for that like MAB. Most of them have a ftp of 1.0 then the other hit would have that and then say add 100 mab it would effectively 3.0 ftp which is pretty good for gkt.

As far as freezebite are you sure it's a hybrid? Does it stack with sneak attack?
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-12-20 04:41:27  

Well, ***, I wonder if NIN can pull this off too
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-12-20 04:51:27  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
The same ones are hybrids. I beleive the physical side is calculated normally than the magical uses that and puts on magical mods for that like MAB. Most of them have a ftp of 1.0 then the other hit would have that and then say add 100 mab it would effectively 3.0 ftp which is pretty good for gkt.

As far as freezebite are you sure it's a hybrid? Does it stack with sneak attack?

Apparently its not a hybrid, I tried looking up other WS is SAM the only job with a "Hybrid" Elemental WS?
 Bismarck.Fabiano
user: fabiano
By Bismarck.Fabiano 2010-12-20 05:06:41  

also 5k koki before .
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-20 05:14:45  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Apparently its not a hybrid, I tried looking up other WS is SAM the only job with a "Hybrid" Elemental WS?
Not sure maybe. Idk look up elemental ws and see which ones stack with SA?
First Page 2 3 4