DRK/MNK Caladbolg Tanking?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » DRK/MNK Caladbolg Tanking?
DRK/MNK Caladbolg Tanking?
 Ragnarok.Returner
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-01-21 09:12:00  
Gathered some information from mnk board and JP board. It seems like GH is just a 5% counter rate, and RL is a 10% one. So I guess neither is mislabeled. This obviously brings our counter rate to 65% with both atma active, lower than I thought but test obviously > eyeball.

Been lowmaning and tanking NM lately, this combo is obviously at its weakest when facing mobs that resist stun and casts powerful spells or simply has a high damage tp move that can one shot you. I have been forgoing GH thinking RL was a 15% counter rate, and put a 3rd atma that has magic resist on, works great. But I think I just might use GH instead of RL from now on to try to kill faster. Only a 5% counter rate difference but a 10% critical hit rate difference and AGI.

If anything, Apoc atma should be a more useful 3rd anyway.

Speaking of facing mobs that casts alot. What would be the best MDB or MDT build against it? I was thinking of IR set vs a mixed set to swap in when mob is casting. I have a general idea since I use a set for my PLD, and most of the things my drk can use too, but I just want to make sure I haven't missed anything new that came out. Taking out zerg gears (no longer need to zerg with this GS, I did more on DL with WS spam than I did with MK /drg) gave me alot of inventory space to have a MDB set on drk.

Thank you.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-21 09:14:56  
GH isn't 5%, sorry. Tested that one long ago for 75% counter rate, which was 74%ish on the parser because of acc check.

(Counterstance + af2 shoes, + GH)
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-01-21 09:43:24  
Then that's definitely good news, I have no idea why it says 5% on JP wiki, they are usually very accurate about that type of things.

As for RL, someone on alla did a pretty detailed testing on it, and it is definitely no more than 5-10% (JP listing it to be 10%). That's why I thought it would make sense that GH be 5% since RL is major and GH is minor. But it looks like perhaps RL is just mislabeled.

Thanks for the info.
 Fenrir.Gradd
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-01-21 10:22:16  
This is my current MDT set, hits the 25% you need for cap and a bit of MDB as well.

I could swap my legs/feet for Iron ram then use Merman's earrings but dont wanna spend gil on them, and it saves me inventory space so w/e x=

Edit:

Oh if anyone cares, Aftermath can't proc on counters, very lame, and Razed Ruins is my third Atma when I use this combo, giving up 1-2k crits from melee swings is just too much for me. x:
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-01-21 10:46:41  
RR is a fix. I was talking about RR/GH/RL, and I usually take GH out for a third atma that either helps me tank or kill faster. But if GH and RL are the same counter % as indicated above, then it really doesn't make sense to keep RL over GH. So my fixture for DRK/MNK will now be RR/GH and a 3rd atma depending on needs.

RR is by far the best atma IMO so it is always the default selection, it is which to take off, GH or RL, that I had problem with.

I don't think 10% counter and 50 str beats Apoc atma even when I am tanking. Being able to get up and perhaps zombie a mob in case I die is definitely a plus, not to mention the 15% TA.
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-01-21 10:53:24  
How are the drop rate on the pants and the belt btw. I will need to get those I think.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-01-21 10:55:09  
I tried using just one counter atma, and found that I was just too much of a sponge didn't like it at all, but I only do this combo when I am 2boxing. When I am killing NMs with my small static I am usually on WHM because nobody wants a DRK! D:
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-01-21 10:56:09  
Ragnarok.Returner said:
How are the drop rate on the pants and the belt btw. I will need to get those I think.

Belt seems 100% ive honestly never seen it not drop, the legs are maybe 50%? They usually drop most of the time, if you blue !! they are pretty much guaranteed.
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-01-21 11:20:10  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
I tried using just one counter atma, and found that I was just too much of a sponge didn't like it at all, but I only do this combo when I am 2boxing. When I am killing NMs with my small static I am usually on WHM because nobody wants a DRK! D:

I actually don't notice much at all when I took GH out. Then again it could be the NM that I was fighting :/
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-01-21 16:40:32  
so I'm tonally not reading a bunch of pages full of trash, what is the difference between drk/mnk and any other job /mnk? >_>? wouldn't nin/mnk do good cause of iga hakama +2 enhancing yonin to add counter o:? just wondering cause I see this thread alot up on front page :/ decided to click today.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-21 16:51:09  
OP has DRK, that's about it. NIN/MNK should work really well though, you're rocking the same counter rate as a MNK main with relic feet before considering counter+ gear or Perfect Counter. Not that it's really needed for the most part, but it's there.
 Carbuncle.Axle
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-01-21 16:59:02  
Just saw a JP Caladbolg Drk/Mnk on carby. Its a big time LS here, everyone has emph weapons and AF+2. Just saying, doesn't look so odd seeing this LS setting it up.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [33 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Lorax
user: Lorax
By Sylph.Lorax 2011-02-23 21:44:38  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Sylph.Rorrick said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Sylph.Starstrukk said:
I understood your angle, I just don't agree with it...

Damage taken from melee rounds isn't an issue in Abyssea as the only threat are highly damaging TP moves, something /MNK offers no protection from and in some cases enhances your damage intake. On top of that /SAM has better oh ***capability if do things go astray under seigan. And then /SAM will win on enmity generation obviously, no need to go over that.

Not saying its not workable or fun, just hardly more efficient, it leans more on the reckless side more than anything.

As for Atma, that makes no sense as you can drop STR/attack for STP in several places.

Protection? What the hell are you talking about? Please for gods sake dont tell me your LS forces your MNKs to go MNK/NIN to events for NMs and if you do my only question is why..............?

Is your LS that pitiful that it cant handle keeping MNK/WARs alive for stuff? A MNK should NEVER have to /NIN for anything, which stands by my point that neither should any other DD have too, Counterstance is that damn good. MNK sub should be 100% more efficient that NIN sub assuming the counter rate is close enough to a MNK mains to where they are not getting hit by the mobs because of a high counter rate.

With counterstance your mnks will never get hit, the counter rate is that damn high that the only thing touching your MNKs should be TP moves, and there is no TP move in the game that can one shot a DD anymore, WHM is overpowered which id hope you would know having it at 90, you literally NEVER run out of MP anymore, so you can spam Cure V and VI as violently as possible, not that you have too if the only damage your tanks are taking is from TP moves.

Also as a person with 2 accounts I 2box MNK and WHM alot, you literally can just auto-engage a MNK with counterstance and not have to do anything else its that damn good of an ability.

Edit:

If anyone cares 3 lanterns to go~ Would have finished tonight but JPs are camping Heqet in force, hard to outclaim them with me and my mule.
MNK has 25% higher counter rate than anything /MNK does, along with more HP and an easier to get PDT set than DRK. On top of which, I'm not really sure you read any of what he said, because the only thing worth worry about is a TP move that exceeds your current HP, which Counterstance will not save you from (it's not Third Eye).

Although why you went on an illogical MNK tangent while addressing an argument against subbing MNK on DRK is beyond me.

/SAM will do more for your offense and defense than /MNK will, easily. The only job for which I think an argument for /MNK can be made is SAM, and even then I doubt giving up /WAR is worth it.

You are missing my point aswell the point of /mnk is to mitigate even less damage while dealing damage at the same time Vs. /Nin where you have to stop and cast shadows hurting your DPS.

Who in their right mind will let a DRK/SAM tank anything serious? I mean seriously? MNKs are the main tank in this game for a reason and that reason is Counterstance.

I will parse my counter rate on DRK/MNK once I finish it, Roaring laughter should help push the counter rate to a decent ammount for somebody sub'ing MNK vs a MNK Main (not equal too but close) I am more annoyed that all of you argue it but nobody has even bothered to try it out.

I mean seriously are all of you that much of bandwagon players that you all just refuse to play the Jobs you like because its inferior to others? "OMG I Have to play MNK its the best!" seriously wtf.

Also no *** ***DRK/SAM is better for DD purposes im talking a tanks propsective. DRK/SAM is honestly only liable for an Apoc DRK to pull off because you constantly heal yourself with Cata but even then apoc is kinda garbage at the moment which we all know.

All I am trying to do is test and see if /MNK is a liable form of tanking something none of you have obviously gone out and done.

But this is my last post, im not posting anything else until I finish my MNK sub and parse the counter rate myself and find the results because obviously nobody else will do it even just to test it out, which was the point of me making this thread.

People need to learn to think outside of the *** box instead of doing what they are told to do period.

Anyways finishing Caladbolg tommorow then burning MNK sub to 49 ill parse it, if I was wrong this entire time then so be it, if not then hey I have a new toy to screw around with on DRK when 2boxing.

I'm late to the party, but I'm an apoc drk and I can assure you that properly built I punish any caladbolg owners I've played with. Lvl 90 relics got a huge bump in WS dmg and it sure helps that I can /sam hasso tank anything that I can drain. /rant
 Asura.Arkanethered
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Arkanethered 2011-02-23 21:50:12  
lawl
 Sylph.Starstrukk
user: Xera
By Sylph.Starstrukk 2011-02-23 22:03:09  
Sylph.Lorax said:
I'm late to the party, but I'm an apoc drk and I can assure you that properly built I punish any caladbolg owners I've played with. Lvl 90 relics got a huge bump in WS dmg and it sure helps that I can /sam hasso tank anything that I can drain. /rant

lol'd, seen worse necros.
[+]
 Siren.Quagmire
サーバ: Siren
user: Quagmire
By Siren.Quagmire 2011-02-23 22:07:14  
Double lulz... I love how he asked one question and everyone starts jumping in about the uberz 1337z Dmg output.
 Asura.Matzilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-02-23 22:07:42  
Siren.Quagmire said:
Double lulz... I love how he asked one question and everyone starts jumping in about the uberz 1337z Dmg output.

you must be new here
 Siren.Quagmire
サーバ: Siren
user: Quagmire
By Siren.Quagmire 2011-02-23 22:08:05  
Did I mention~ I lift things up and down. >_>
 Fenrir.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-02-23 22:09:52  
Siren.Quagmire said:
Did I mention~ I lift things up and down. >_>
I pick things up and throw them at mirrors.