users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Empryean DRG pieces with WS/TP sets
Empryean DRG pieces with WS/TP sets
 Phoenix.Juggalo
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Juggalo
By Phoenix.Juggalo 2010-12-31 15:47:40  
I just obtained Card of Vision x6 finally last night and upgraded to Lancer's Mezail +2. I went to go update my WS and TP Itemsets and noticed the following:

First of all, my current TP set is basically full Perle:

I have two WS sets, one focused on Accuracy for Penta Thrust...

This basically is still full Perle with a few other slots swapped for stats that enhance ACC and DEX. Also most prominent is that the Perle Salade gets swapped out for a Champion's Galea with STR+4 WS Acc+15 / AGI+4 WS damage +2% augments. Also, the Wivre Gorget has HP+3 MP+3 Critical Hit Rate +2 augments.

My set for other Weaponskills (Skewer, Wheeling Thrust, etc... working on Drakesbane w/ static now and figure this would be same set then, too, but feel free to make suggestions) is...

Now, when I got my Lancer's Mezail +2 last night and went to edit the sets (as well as for spellcast), I wasn't sure where the LM+2 should go. For TPing, the full Perle set gives me Haste +14%; replacing the Perle Salade would cause me to lose 2% Haste overall. I'm not capped either, so that seems like an issue. Similarly, I'm not sure if replacing it for a WS is a good idea, as I lose the Galea augment bonuses, and I'm not sure if those are better than the bonuses on the LM+2 or vice versa.

So then all that got me thinking about the role of other DRG Empyrean pieces... Obviously, NQ Empryean is beaten by virtually anything else, but what about the +1 pieces? What about fully upgraded +2 pieces? Where do they fit in for WS and TP sets?

For the record, this is my current idle set, showing what Empryean DRG pieces I have thus far:

Also, I'm working on the Rhongomiant now, and have Shinryu access, so I am trying to get some decent people together to spam that until I get both the Twilight Mail and Helm (which I imagine would immediately go into the WS sets). And I'm of course working towards further upgrades for the Empryean pieces.

So... would anyone be so kind as to tell me how to best improve my TP and WS sets with what I've got currently, as well as what I can also go out and obtain? And, where do the +1/+2 Empryean DRG pieces fit into a WS and TP set (vs. the full Perle method I currently use, for example)?

Thanks in advance. I very much appreciate assistance in improving my Dragoon as best as possible.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-12-31 15:59:14  
for tp you should use your af3 head and feet, same haste with some better stats. adding dusk/homam/any other hand slot higher than 2% would be better too, same with legs. for body unless you have something like askar perle is fine until you get your +1 af3 body.
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-12-31 16:02:10  
for TP set Emp Head +2 rep. Hands with Dusk Gloves or if you have something better that, and feet with your Emp +1 feet. That will put you 1 haste above perle. If you have homam legs or blitzer legs with Haste+3 those would help too.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-31 16:14:39  
depending on what is on your galea, a varangian helm might beat it too, unless you redo the augments
 Phoenix.Fredjan
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-12-31 16:25:37  
ninja edit 3:
This should do the job for the OP:

Wouldn't Forager's Mantle be better than Smilodon +1 for Drakes?

edit 4:

Swap out perle moufles/virtuoso belt/galea as needed.
 Leviathan.Korialstrasz
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Korialstrasz 2011-01-01 03:34:27  
Not really sure where to start. Every gearset looks like it has random different stuff. Different weapons, grips, ammo etc. What gear do you actually have?

But some quick advice would be: /toss ulthalams, sell the triumph earring, stop using wivre gorget for penta since your +crit aug does nothing for it, don't use smilodon+1 mantle for anything but wheeling, and don't take off your brutal. ever.
 Bismarck.Tuvae
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Tuv
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2011-01-20 05:01:08  
Just to pick this up again, on WS sets. I was a little curious. I didnt wanna start a whole new topic for thsi qusetion, so im putting it here. Ok, so heres the deal. I got my AF3+1 body, I also recently got Ares body. Now, im kinda curious which would work best for Drakesbane, especially inside Abyssea. With RR atma, that gives alot off acc and alot of crit rate on it. So I was wondeirng if ares body would out perform af3? The 2str and 14att extra from Ares would be awesome, so would it be enough to out do AF3 with the 10 dex/10acc do you think?

Sorry if that all seemed a bit confusing >< But also, similar question for outside of abyssea. What would you use? Ares/Zahaks/Af3+1?
 Bismarck.Celerin
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Celerin
By Bismarck.Celerin 2011-02-07 12:51:22  
get twilight mail. 15 str for mods and 12 att to carry over to the other 3 hits and dex for crit possibilities with the 25 acc thats on there. Best WS piece atm for most of the jobs that can wear it and doesn't really take that much time to get, just luck.
 Quetzalcoatl.Natlow
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Natlow
By Quetzalcoatl.Natlow 2011-02-07 13:04:09  
I'm leaning more in favour of Zahaks, as inside of abyssea accuracy and Ddex will be capped with cruor buffs and RR. So it boils down to 5 Str and 2.5 attack vs. 3% crit rate. Personally I think the crit rate would win, but that's purely speculation, and I have no evidence for this.

It would be nice if someone did the maths to make it concrete though =)
 Fenrir.Ilax
サーバ: Fenrir
user: FireDeath
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-02-07 13:29:49  
why no love for Atheling Mantle? :( I would go Shadow Belt for Penta Thrust or Light Belt for Drakesbane.
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-02-07 13:41:28  
Bismarck.Celerin said:
get twilight mail. 15 str for mods and 12 att to carry over to the other 3 hits and dex for crit possibilities with the 25 acc thats on there. Best WS piece atm for most of the jobs that can wear it and doesn't really take that much time to get, just luck.
This isn't entire true..like not at all.

Only job its really good for that I can think of is sam for ygk. Not fudo.

Its a killer idle body tho for jobs that need refresh!
By seiri 2011-02-07 13:49:25  
Quetzalcoatl.Natlow said:
I'm leaning more in favour of Zahaks, as inside of abyssea accuracy and Ddex will be capped with cruor buffs and RR. So it boils down to 5 Str and 2.5 attack vs. 3% crit rate. Personally I think the crit rate would win, but that's purely speculation, and I have no evidence for this.

It would be nice if someone did the maths to make it concrete though =)

Zahaks wins cleanly. As you said, dDEX is capped automatically with cruor buffs/RR. 5 str/2.5 att is useful but 3% crit rate cant be replaced on a WS for which the prime mod is crit rate.

Fenrir.Ilax said:
why no love for Atheling Mantle? :( I would go Shadow Belt for Penta Thrust or Light Belt for Drakesbane.

Honestly for penta i dont know how much of an improvement shadow belt would give over warwolf, considering it has str/dex mods. For drakes though, just from eyeballing and some small parsing, light belt is a significant upgrade. Also a fairly simple drop.

Edit: get an Atheling Mantle asap. For TP and WS its the best, especially for DRG which has no excuse for needing the acc from af3/cuch.
 Diabolos.Piraal
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Piraal
By Diabolos.Piraal 2011-02-07 15:00:58  
Although Lancer's Mezail +2's stats look really good, if your /sam you'll want to go for 5hit, and you need brisk mask to make it.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-02-07 15:14:51  
You don't if you're using OaTPole at least.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-02-07 15:41:16  
Current TP Set

Willing to replace Lancer's for Atheling but capped haste seems sexy. I'm only gaining what though .4% haste?

Ace's Mufflers.. Yeah sorry but I still have a 6 hit lol. Timarli are being *** >:

Too lazy to finish ToA for Aesir atm D:

Ideal Tp Set

Yes it's a 6 hit but hell WAR is my main focus at the moment.

Current WS Set

Need some upgrades though..
Since Zahak's kills Ebody/Grim Cuirass with berserk(For WAR on Raging Rush) Would Zahaks be better with say Stalwarts tonic/Attack Buffs.

Using the Lancer's +2 at the moment. But I have Zahak's Mail from WAR

I'd love this ideally for Weapon skills. I have N Abj feet in MH. the HQ is only going to get cheaper over time.

For jumps since Spirit/Soul is an auto crit I try to cram in Double Attack Stuff. According to Wiki they auto crit and the VIT mod is gone.
Current Spirit Jump Equipment

Current Soul Jump Equipment

Ideally I'd love the following.
Spirit Jump

Soul Jump is the same but +2 Legs/Feet

Question I had, any idea if the set effect procs on Jumps?

Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-02-07 15:48:02  
Diabolos.Piraal said:
Although Lancer's Mezail +2's stats look really good, if your /sam you'll want to go for 5hit, and you need brisk mask to make it.

This 5 hits.

Im not sure but I psure you can sub in tact mantle or that other one for the extra stp to compensate for delay.

Jump:

These are the only two sets ive updated in like.... ever so dont laugh at the other itemsets i have :x Id be happy to drum a new one up for anyone if they're nosey.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-02-07 15:53:31  

Needs at least 1 tick of regain from VV and as long as you land 3 or more hit's spamming Drakesbane it's a partial 5 hit with 20% Haste and a nice set effect kicking in which is pretty nice from what I hear.

Edit meant goading> bullwhip oops.
 Diabolos.Piraal
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Piraal
By Diabolos.Piraal 2011-02-07 15:56:26  
@Ashman
ahh, yeah I see, i'm using askar still... forgot plus two body had that much on it, I use pretty much the same tp setup but askar body, ace feet, and brisk, no moonshade though.

But yeah if you have the plus two body, yeah it kills brisk really.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-02-07 16:08:35  
Diabolos.Piraal said:
@Ashman
ahh, yeah I see, i'm using askar still... forgot plus two body had that much on it, I use pretty much the same tp setup but askar body, ace feet, and brisk, no moonshade though.

But yeah if you have the plus two body, yeah it kills brisk really.

Seems really attainable I don't have rose strap myself.

edit:
Easy way to finish body +1/+2
Buy V fluids off AH (Lady Bug is a douche)
Spam Scorpions for HQ Scorp Claw.
Spam the ***out of Scorp NM

On the side kill the Scorp NM that drops cards for body.
I'd do this when its not as crowded
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-02-07 16:22:39  
Fenrir.Skarwind said:

You can also use the 1000000x tier 3 battle trophies you're probably accumulating to go for bestia pants with 4 haste.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-02-07 16:25:27  
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:

You can also use the 1000000x tier 3 battle trophies you're probably accumulating to go for bestia pants with 4 haste.

this sounds bad dude like 0/70 on Haste+4

Best I got so far was +2 and +3. I have Ace's hose myself the the attack+ is a nice boost. But I'm still trying, no luck here I'll do some tonight. Been messing with Skopo's jerkin trying for +5 Snapshot. +4 is the best for me atm.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-02-07 16:48:29  
Just a note to DRGs since I see it every now and again:

Make sure your Jump set doesn't destroy your xhit build ~ with the +1/2 feet you have nice leeway on Spirit Jump but be careful nonetheless.

Not poking at anyone here, just saying.
[+]
 Odin.Lowblow
サーバ: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2011-02-09 18:10:36  
So i have a basic question if anyone can answer.

My Current /sam 6hit TP set consists of

The 2nd ring is open to anything and i also have the 80 rhong, and will be finishing the 85 this week.

Anyway my main question is inside of Abys. Would that 25% haste build (26 after i +2 my feet, 4/6) or a 21-22% haste with AF3 legs have a better dmg output.

Mainly i ask this because mobs die fairly fast and having a full haste set seems to not be as important as a hit build. So the general talk as of late is push crit dmg higher to increase your DOT and lower your hit build. Im fairly certain i can push a 5 hit and keep 15-20% haste and AF3 legs on at the same time, im just not sure if this setup would be more beneficial then a full haste setup.

Let me here your opinions!