フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » News » Synergy Level
Synergy Level
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2011-01-03 17:55:09  
Synergy levels have been added to player profiles and also to the player search. Guildwork Client is required to pull this data since it doesn't appear on the Linkshell Community website. I will eventually allocate achievement points for this.

Example Search:

http://www.ffxiah.com/search/player?&sid=0&synergy[0]=50

Example Profile:

http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Siren/Clinpachi
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-01-03 17:58:58  
mods are still around? :O
 Siren.Clinpachi
サーバ: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-01-03 17:59:29  
As mentioned in the PM ty for adding this and all the hard work ^^ It's nice to have something to rely on other than the LSC which seems like they never update it or care much about it anymore.

Major props to stanislav on guildwork too :)
 Cerberus.Quipto
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2011-01-03 18:00:53  
WotG where?
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-01-03 18:03:47  
Cerberus.Quipto said:
WotG where?
WoTG and finally captain are easily doable now. A major headache for the mods finally soon to be relieved I'm sure. Just gotta be patient and give them time to adapt to a new system.
 Cerberus.Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2011-01-03 18:10:48  
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Cerberus.Quipto said:
WotG where?
WoTG and finally captain are easily doable now. A major headache for the mods finally soon to be relieved I'm sure. Just gotta be patient and give them time to adapt to a new system.
I was thinking more that WotG was finally completed, lol.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-01-03 18:17:45  
Cerberus.Quipto said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Cerberus.Quipto said:
WotG where?
I'm not a FFXIAH coder but i think the problem with the LSC and scraggs system is that the LSC displays the campaign medal and mission at the same time on the same line.

So example mine shows "Dungeons and Dancers / Moonlight Medal" in the LSC. The problem from my point of view as a minor coder/designer is that you coulnd't really pull proper data from that unless you came up with every combination of mission + medal entry.

Example:
Dungeons and Dancers / Moonlight Medal
Dungeons and Dancers / Wings of Honor

That is just 2 medals in example.

With the introduction of guildwork's data system not only can you pull synergy data that isn't in LSC yet... you could also pull captain and individual missions instead of running into that problem.

I can't speak for scragg because i don't even know if that is why WoTG or Campaign medals haven't been added... but i would place money on it.

It's probably never once been a thing of lazyness on anyone's part... it is more along the lines of thinking outside the box and realizing how flawed the LSC is.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-01-03 18:21:28  
I don't know much about the guildwork client, but it almost seems wrong that this site is now uploading data via a third party tool for data collection. Before the data couldn't be manipulated because it was from SEs site. Now its from each users computer, which could potentially be manipulated.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-01-03 18:23:48  
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
I don't know much about the guildwork client, but it almost seems wrong that this site is now uploading data via a third party tool for data collection. Before the data couldn't be manipulated because it was from SEs site. Now its from each users computer, which could potentially be manipulated.
It has major advantages, it's real time and you don't even need to que for update... the moment you level in game... your profile is updated on FFXIAH. You can also chat with people on the game from your web browser say at work for example.

The only disadvantage is for people who both don't play on PC... or those who have security concerns should you not trust stanislav for some reason.

Guildwork isn't just FFXI related though its XIV WoW and various other games as well as the ability to add your own custom one.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-01-03 18:24:17  
any word on being able to search weapon types above 75?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-01-03 18:32:36  
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Cerberus.Quipto said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Cerberus.Quipto said:
WotG where?
I'm not a FFXIAH coder but i think the problem with the LSC and scraggs system is that the LSC displays the campaign medal and mission at the same time on the same line.

So example mine shows "Dungeons and Dancers / Moonlight Medal" in the LSC. The problem from my point of view as a minor coder/designer is that you coulnd't really pull proper data from that unless you came up with every combination of mission + medal entry.

Example:
Dungeons and Dancers / Moonlight Medal
Dungeons and Dancers / Wings of Honor

That is just 2 medals in example.

With the introduction of guildwork's data system not only can you pull synergy data that isn't in LSC yet... you could also pull captain and individual missions instead of running into that problem.

I can't speak for scragg because i don't even know if that is why WoTG or Campaign medals haven't been added... but i would place money on it.

It's probably never once been a thing of lazyness on anyone's part... it is more along the lines of thinking outside the box and realizing how flawed the LSC is.
Profiles already have both, lol.
Also '/' is your deliminator.
 Cerberus.Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2011-01-03 18:34:17  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Cerberus.Quipto said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Cerberus.Quipto said:
WotG where?
I'm not a FFXIAH coder but i think the problem with the LSC and scraggs system is that the LSC displays the campaign medal and mission at the same time on the same line. So example mine shows "Dungeons and Dancers / Moonlight Medal" in the LSC. The problem from my point of view as a minor coder/designer is that you coulnd't really pull proper data from that unless you came up with every combination of mission + medal entry. Example: Dungeons and Dancers / Moonlight Medal Dungeons and Dancers / Wings of Honor That is just 2 medals in example. With the introduction of guildwork's data system not only can you pull synergy data that isn't in LSC yet... you could also pull captain and individual missions instead of running into that problem. I can't speak for scragg because i don't even know if that is why WoTG or Campaign medals haven't been added... but i would place money on it. It's probably never once been a thing of lazyness on anyone's part... it is more along the lines of thinking outside the box and realizing how flawed the LSC is.
Profiles already have both, lol. Also '/' is your deliminator.
0.0% says they don't.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-01-03 18:34:59  
I didn't see that he already updated all the missions from WoTG as well. I just assumed like i said ^^ oh well.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-01-03 18:48:20  
Cerberus.Quipto said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Cerberus.Quipto said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Cerberus.Quipto said:
WotG where?
I'm not a FFXIAH coder but i think the problem with the LSC and scraggs system is that the LSC displays the campaign medal and mission at the same time on the same line. So example mine shows "Dungeons and Dancers / Moonlight Medal" in the LSC. The problem from my point of view as a minor coder/designer is that you coulnd't really pull proper data from that unless you came up with every combination of mission + medal entry. Example: Dungeons and Dancers / Moonlight Medal Dungeons and Dancers / Wings of Honor That is just 2 medals in example. With the introduction of guildwork's data system not only can you pull synergy data that isn't in LSC yet... you could also pull captain and individual missions instead of running into that problem. I can't speak for scragg because i don't even know if that is why WoTG or Campaign medals haven't been added... but i would place money on it. It's probably never once been a thing of lazyness on anyone's part... it is more along the lines of thinking outside the box and realizing how flawed the LSC is.
0.0% says they don't.

What is this then?

Cerberus.Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2011-01-03 19:13:44  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Cerberus.Quipto said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Cerberus.Quipto said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Cerberus.Quipto said:
WotG where?
0.0% says they don't.
What is this then?
That's not what i'm talking about. Click on your achievements and tell me what you see, lol.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-01-03 19:18:52  
Cerberus.Quipto said:
That's not what i'm talking about. Click on your achievements and tell me what you see, lol.
Ohhhhhh that, lol.

I'm sure now that the whole story line is complete, it won't be too hard to implement soon.

It's just a matter of the number of the mission you are on then dividing by the total number of missions, basically.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-01-03 19:45:42  
has anyone found a decent recipe for 70-80 that dont require high sub crafts?
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-01-03 19:50:42  
Caitsith.Heimdall said:
Almost all crafts to get to 80 require veteran titles sadly. I personally plan to do my fishermans stall and just keep doing the wrong element on purpose to build to 80. I shoulda did that with my cooking stall but i didn't think about it until i saw the other crafts.

Synergy is meant to support a current craft afterall.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-01-03 19:53:49  
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Caitsith.Heimdall said:
Almost all crafts to get to 80 require veteran titles sadly. I personally plan to do my fishermans stall and just keep doing the wrong element on purpose to build to 80. I shoulda did that with my cooking stall but i didn't think about it until i saw the other crafts.

ya but i dont want skill up regualr tcrafts more lol
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-01-03 20:01:12  
Caitsith.Heimdall said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Caitsith.Heimdall said:

Then there really isn't a point in leveling synergy past 60 for you sadly. Most things after 70+ will require Veteran titles, the only thing you could do is allow someone to be in your party who HAS veteran in a craft and just let them AFK while you spam elements.

You couldn't do that with the stalls though as you have to use guild points to buy the 15,000GP item and i think that too requires a certain title.

Goodluck though. I'm not 100% sure why you want to level synergy to 100 if you don't have a high level craft to make use out of it >< lol. But in either case good luck and i hope that helps.
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2011-01-03 20:18:29  
I just added the missing missions for wotg. Profiles will need to be updated for it to appear. 0/0 0% on the achievements tab just indicates that I haven't assigned points yet. I will complete the campaign missions and allocate points when I come up with a point table. I will keep you updated on the progress.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-01-03 20:24:48  
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Caitsith.Heimdall said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Caitsith.Heimdall said:

Then there really isn't a point in leveling synergy past 60 for you sadly. Most things after 70+ will require Veteran titles, the only thing you could do is allow someone to be in your party who HAS veteran in a craft and just let them AFK while you spam elements.

You couldn't do that with the stalls though as you have to use guild points to buy the 15,000GP item and i think that too requires a certain title.

Goodluck though. I'm not 100% sure why you want to level synergy to 100 if you don't have a high level craft to make use out of it >< lol. But in either case good luck and i hope that helps.

well umm ive made millions with my lev 71 synergy soo umm ya theres a reason...
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-01-03 20:33:04  
Caitsith.Heimdall said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Caitsith.Heimdall said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Caitsith.Heimdall said:

well umm ive made millions with my lev 71 synergy soo umm ya theres a reason...
So... you're smart enough to make millions off of synergy... but not smart enough to figure out how to take it past 70?

Congrats?

Take the advice or leave it lol.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-01-03 21:28:43  
Fenrir.Scragg said:
I just added the missing missions for wotg. Profiles will need to be updated for it to appear. 0/0 0% on the achievements tab just indicates that I haven't assigned points yet. I will complete the campaign missions and allocate points when I come up with a point table. I will keep you updated on the progress.
Word up xD
 Ramuh.Orac
サーバ: Ramuh
user: orac
By Ramuh.Orac 2011-01-18 19:19:34  
Some reason, my synergy skill not updating on ffxiah profile. Hmmmm.
 Sylph.Zefyr
サーバ: Sylph
user: Zefyr
By Sylph.Zefyr 2011-01-18 19:27:12  
Ramuh.Orac said:
Some reason, my synergy skill not updating on ffxiah profile. Hmmmm.

Do you use the guildwork client? Judging by the fact that none of your titles or equipped gear were updated by the guildwork client, I'm guessing you either don't, or something isn't set up right to link your character in game all the way back to ffxiah from the guildwork client.

Using the guildwork client and having your accounts/characters set up properly is currently the only way to have your synergy skill here updated. This is because the SE community site currently doesn't (and probably never will) list your synergy skill, which is the only other source of data that FFXIAH uses for official character stats.
 Ramuh.Orac
By Ramuh.Orac 2011-01-18 20:24:33  
Yea, am using guildwork client, lol
 Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
user: Stanislav
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2011-01-18 21:00:57  
The data is on Guildwork so maybe Scragg's server didn't update his character.
 Ramuh.Orac
By Ramuh.Orac 2011-01-19 06:21:55  
Ahhh, its working now, cooly, not sure what happened though, lol.