First Page 2 3
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2011-01-04 16:11:39  
I did some things with achievements today here it goes:

I slightly lowered points for job levels. Right now you get about 0.0037 points per experience point. This is subject to change.

Added points for Synergy, 7000 points max, 87.5 points per level.

Added points for Altana (WoTG), 3000 for completion. About 55.55 points per mission.

Added points for Campaign, 2000 for completion. About 100 points per mission.

Fixed the craft progress bars for sub-crafts to make them look full if you hit level 60 with the condition you have a main craft greater than 60.

I will eventually give Captain credit for Assault based on the Captain title. I don't think SE will ever fix it on their site.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
サーバ: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-01-04 16:15:43  
Amazing ^^ ty scragg!
[+]
 Sylph.Tearsofblood
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Tearsofblood 2011-01-04 16:29:40  
now i know why in ranked 665 on server now XD
 Cerberus.Tzaellia
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tzaellia
By Cerberus.Tzaellia 2011-01-04 16:29:41  
Awesome!
 Valefor.Houppelande
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Houppelande 2011-01-04 16:43:20  
TY for all your hard work Scragg ^_^

Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-01-04 16:55:50  
No Empyrean Weapon achievements tho?! Sure, I know they aren't even close to relics, but they gotta be worth a little more than lolWotG.

Anyway, cool stuffs.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-01-04 17:06:27  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
No Empyrean Weapon achievements tho?! Sure, I know they aren't even close to relics, but they gotta be worth a little more than lolWotG.

Anyway, cool stuffs.
Sadly the longer Abyssea exists the easier it is to get an empyrean weapon, everyone will have them soon including myself and honestly it'll end up just like Maat's Cap which was recently removed as an achievement.

I personally wouldn't mind/be for the addition of empyrean weapons though.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-01-04 17:09:42  
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:

Anyway, cool stuffs.
Sadly the longer Abyssea exists the easier it is to get an empyrean weapon, everyone will have them soon including myself and honestly it'll end up just like Maat's Cap which was recently removed as an achievement.

I personally wouldn't mind/be for the addition of empyrean weapons though.

You could easily use that argument on Job levels too. Honestly, Finishing my Caladbolg was a hell of a lot harder than bringing any job to 90, and I'm not even saying Calad was hard in the least. (Even without 5box robot parades like most people have to)
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-01-04 21:51:40  
I don't think anyone was arguing that... even scragg lowered the achievement points gained for job levels. Plus job levels aren't listed in the relic area of peoples profiles.

I would personally like to see it underneath mythics too but they aren't hard to get :(
 Valefor.Endlesspath
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Endlesspath 2011-01-04 22:14:22  
Personally I think trade-skill points should be dropped from 5000 (capped) to 1000; as I believe the point of the game is cohesive team players accomplishing significant goals (demonstrated by titles & Ra/ex equipment history). Honestly all tradeskill indicates is the amount of solo time in game. E.g., currently a person with a lv1 job (mule) with all trade-skills capped is significantly ranked higher then a capped job player with multiple significant accomplishments (titles/gear).
[+]
 Luz
By Luz 2011-01-04 22:34:49  
Surprised relics/mythics weren't lowered. I guess they're an achievement but the top characters overall list merely looks like a list of the most accomplished players pre-Abyssea. Most of the very top people have achieved nothing special that anyone else hasn't since Abyssea. Just high relic counts.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2011-01-04 23:11:26  
nice work scragg!
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2011-01-04 23:11:57  
Sylph.Tearsofblood said:

...... carefull .....
 Ramuh.Scizor
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2011-01-04 23:13:39  
Odin.Godofgods said:
Sylph.Tearsofblood said:

...... carefull .....
668 now lol
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2011-01-04 23:15:38  
Fenrir.Scragg said:
Added points for Campaign, 2000 for completion. About 100 points per mission.

is campaign completion detemened by the medal you have or the actuly campaign ops? (assuming medal since im at 100% and only have like 95% of the ops done)
 Diabolos.Sovereign
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2011-01-05 02:40:04  
Luz said:
Surprised relics/mythics weren't lowered. I guess they're an achievement but the top characters overall list merely looks like a list of the most accomplished players pre-Abyssea. Most of the very top people have achieved nothing special that anyone else hasn't since Abyssea. Just high relic counts.

lol... and Abyssea is the whole game, right? So accomplishments outside of Abyssea now mean nothing?

Abyssea is a joke in my opinion in terms of accomplishment. Where insane buffs and atmas turned even the most mediocre players into powerful forces. A place where any jackass can spend a little cruor to become invincible for three minutes, allowing them to solo anything and obtain the best gear available to date.

Yeah, Abyssea is obviously the best thing to happen in FFXI since Salvage. But it took any sense of accomplishment right out of the game by simply being too easy. At least back in the day you had to have a group with some skill to achieve the limits of this game.
[+]
 Luz
By Luz 2011-01-05 02:44:32  
Diabolos.Sovereign said:
Luz said:

lol... and Abyssea is the whole game, right? So accomplishments outside of Abyssea now mean nothing?

Abyssea is a joke in my opinion in terms of accomplishment. Where insane buffs and atmas turned even the most mediocre players into powerful forces. A place where any jackass can spend a little cruor to become invincible for three minutes, allowing them to solo anything and obtain the best gear available to date.

Yeah, Abyssea is obviously the best thing to happen in FFXI since Salvage. But it took any sense of accomplishment right out of the game by simply being too easy. At least back in the day you had to have a group with some skill to achieve the limits of this game.
Relics were never a measure of skill. They were a measure of competence and bodies in Dynamis and claimbots+bodies in Aery (and WoTG HNM). A measure of skill in regards to coercion could be said I guess because so many linkshells had leaders/officers with multiple relics and long time members who had none.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Kogenta
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Kogenta
By Ragnarok.Kogenta 2011-01-05 03:42:17  
My WoTG mission on my profile is blank and not updating for a while now. ;_; Something i can do to fix it?
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-01-05 03:45:17  
Considering you no longer have "bodies in Dynamis" (because nobody does Dynamis anymore) then wouldn't relics be more of an achievement now? And wtf do HNMs have anything to do with relics lol?

What are you comparing relics to anyway? Empyrean weapons? I've heard of people completing the 85 version in 2 days with their 5-box pties. That's even less of an achievement than maat's cap. AF3 armor? I'm not even going to go into how easy AF3 armor is to get.

To be honest, I'd say mythics are probably the most difficult to upgrade at the moment since salvage is pretty much totally dead.
[+]
 Luz
By Luz 2011-01-05 05:10:16  
Relics = Can be easily lowmanned with little skill since the dynamics of Dynamis are incredibly well documented and it was designed for players 15 levels below the current cap which makes it ridiculously easy because level 90 gear and level correction makes DDing extremely easy there now. The only remarkable thing about making a relic now is

1: Having the patience to farm the currency because there are no more hard pieces of gear to get that can be monopolized and sold by HNM shells.

2: Having the patience to put so much effort into a weapon that is not only inferior to Empyreans but have trials that will follow that take as long as some people would spend to make multiple Empyreans.

Just because Empyreans can be made (for some people) in far less time doesn't mean it's less of an achievement. Empyreans still take more skill than relics ever took. If you honestly can't connect the dots on why HNM linkshells were swimming in relics while Dynamis-only linkshell were not, then I feel bad for you.
[+]
 Fenrir.Momohko
user: noriko
By Fenrir.Momohko 2011-01-05 05:19:15  
FYI in dynamis ... the pulling and such is actually differnt after SE changed the rule for when you are on different lvl taking dmg thing it now is screwing up pulls for dynamis for instance dyna bastok if you pull the bottom you will aggro the whole top and in sandy when you pull the loer lvl by the stairs it pop EVEYRYTHING where as before this did not occur so while yes it doesnt cause a wipe it still does make dyna more difficult :P and its true you can low man dyna but not with idiots you need skilled players still
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-01-05 05:26:19  
Luz said:
Relics = Can be easily lowmanned with little skill since the dynamics of Dynamis are incredibly well documented and it was designed for players 15 levels below the current cap which makes it ridiculously easy because level 90 gear and level correction makes DDing extremely easy there now. The only remarkable thing about making a relic now is

1: Having the patience to farm the currency because there are no more hard pieces of gear to get that can be monopolized and sold by HNM shells.

2: Having the patience to put so much effort into a weapon that is not only inferior to Empyreans but have trials that will follow that take as long as some people would spend to make multiple Empyreans.

Just because Empyreans can be made (for some people) in far less time doesn't mean it's less of an achievement. Empyreans still take more skill than relics ever took. If you honestly can't connect the dots on why HNM linkshells were swimming in relics while Dynamis-only linkshell were not, then I feel bad for you.

Trials have been reduced for relics and mythcis to 200 200 300 300 400 kills for the magian trials, with the final (so far) being 3x attestation kill. (next one most likely obviously animated weapon kills /joy) All of those besides the last one can be done in hours each. This is no longer an obstacle.

(btw does anyone else think its HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE for the lvl90 trial to be attestation kills x3? I mean, you actually have to spend gil to complete the trial..i know it's paltry gil, 1.5mil, but it's just a liiiittle uncalled for imo)

edit: I can't spell! And probably still can't.
 Diabolos.Sovereign
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2011-01-05 05:26:43  
If you want to limit what I said to relics, then you said it yourself:

Luz said:
They were a measure of competence

But I never actually said anything about relics, instead I was merely commenting on the nature of pre-Abyssea relic holders versus the more common post-Abyssea Empyrean player.

Even as short as three years ago, relic holders were generally the most decked out players you could find. These were players who participated in all aspects of the game's content, and were covered in head to toe with some of the best gear available from sky/sea/salvage/hnm/dynamis/limbus/einherjar or any other event you could think of. Seeing all of the best gear on these players generally meant these players had experienced everything the game had to offer many times over, and had more than earned their right to wield that relic. Of course, there were exceptions to the rule (like that guy you know who spent years fishing and cooking to finish his Kikoku), but you get the idea.

These days, you can easily find twenty Samurais with a Masamune who've never even SEEN a Tiamat, King V, Nidhogg or Khimaira for every ONE seasoned relic holder from the pre-Abyssea days who had literally seen it all a hundred times over. And you want to put those players on the same level, or even greater? They're not even close lol

But you're right, relics themselves were never really a measure of skill. It doesnt take much skill to spend time and gil collecting dynamis currency. It only takes dedication. The difference is that pre-Abyssea, the players with that type of dedication generally had the same dedication for the rest of the game, in it's entirety, and it reflected in everything else they had for the character... not just that one relic.

I'm not doubting that building an Empyrean is not an achievement. It is undoubtedly an achievement in it's own right. But the difference is between the two is astronomical. As for an Empyrean taking MORE skill than a relic... well that's just completely wrong. I cant say either one takes more skill, because they dont. They're both just as simple, one just takes much longer than the other. In no way does spending a few hours farming gold chests and killing a few NMs take any more skill than farming Dynamis for currency.

Bismarck.Helel said:
And wtf do HNMs have anything to do with relics lol?
It actually used to be very common for HNM linkshells to fund relics through selling drops obtained from HNMs. Sandworm and Ixion drops were incredibly lucrative for the first two years they were out, and Herald's Gaiters have always been a huge source of income for the right linkshells. Even selling rare/ex drops from HNMs became a common occurrence, as there were many players who wanted the drops without putting in the time, effort, and competition associated with HNM camping back in the day. It was only two years ago that you could sell Ridills for 40 mil, Hauteclaires for 20 mil, Nidhogg abjurations for 10 to 15 mil, and Aces Helms for like 6 or 7 mil. That's good money when your linkshell doesnt need the gear.

As for Salvage being dead... yeah, the gear there is in the same boat as HNM gear. It's all over-shadowed by Abyssea gear that any schmuck with a few friends and discernment Abyssite is privy to. But if you still do Salvage (I still go daily, best event in the game in my opinion) it's now better than ever with the increase in drop rates, lower entry fee, and lower party size requirement.

Fenrir.Ilax
user: FireDeath
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-01-05 05:44:53  
... think you generalize too much stuff, you sound like all relic owner buy gil or don't do dynamis...

Not saying there no one did it that way, just silly to generalize all relic owner that way.

E.Wep or Dyna Relic, same as all abyssea gear, been same story since game came out my friend, is all base on your attitude/knowledge/friend/skill. You can say w/e about Brew NM, i saw ppl fail brew on a lots of stuff.

Quote:
Trials have been reduced for relics and mythcis to 200 200 300 300 400 kills for the magian trials, with the final (so far) being 3x attestation kill. (next one most likely obviously animated weapon kills /joy) All of those besides the last one can be done in hours each. This is no longer an obstacle.
Ya that after all main relic owner spended they $%^$^%$ life todo the 1,500....2,000....2,000.... 2,000...

Maybe easy now, and tbh i am glad SE did that for new relic owner, bc from base that was just retard, you dont even have tinny idea how much coffee i drink to do these.
 Phoenix.Iamcanadian
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Iamcanadian 2011-01-11 17:24:01  
i know this is a slight look issue more then anything, but the once you complete wotg it doesn't show up in blue on the linkshell missions page, like the other missions do
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2011-01-11 17:37:19  
Phoenix.Iamcanadian said:
i know this is a slight look issue more then anything, but the once you complete wotg it doesn't show up in blue on the linkshell missions page, like the other missions do

Fixed.
By Tahngarthor 2011-01-12 00:11:09  
Is there a comprehensive list somewhere of everyhing that awards achievement points? Because other than this post listing changes to the system, I can't seem to find any information. Maybe I'm just blind though.

Quote:
Having the patience to put so much effort into a weapon that is not only inferior to Empyreans
What empyrean weapon is better than an equivalent trialed-up relic weapon? I can't think of any. And all the relics have a hidden effect of "Occasionally deals # times normal damage" that is always there, not just for a period of time after a weapon skill (plus the relic weaponskills have their own "aftermath" effects).
 Luz
By Luz 2011-01-12 01:26:57  
Tahngarthor said:
Is there a comprehensive list somewhere of everyhing that awards achievement points? Because other than this post listing changes to the system, I can't seem to find any information. Maybe I'm just blind though.

Quote:
Having the patience to put so much effort into a weapon that is not only inferior to Empyreans
What empyrean weapon is better than an equivalent trialed-up relic weapon? I can't think of any. And all the relics have a hidden effect of "Occasionally deals # times normal damage" that is always there, not just for a period of time after a weapon skill (plus the relic weaponskills have their own "aftermath" effects).
You obviously haven't done your research.
By Serj 2011-01-12 01:44:59  
Tahngarthor said:

Quote:

All empyrean weapons are better than relic weapons, strictly damage wise. Idk where you have been living.
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2011-01-12 01:56:25  
for my profile showing i got captain do i need to get title again from npc?
First Page 2 3