フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Best AH Gear
Best AH Gear
 Quetzalcoatl.Jonah
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: JonSnow
By Quetzalcoatl.Jonah 2011-01-05 19:32:17  
Hello,

I'm looking for some advice for the best AH gear that a RDM can wear/use at level 90. I realize that the best gear is going to be rare/ex, but I just returned to the game after a long break and find myself having a lot more gil than I do time to run missions, acquire af3, etc at this time. I plan to do that later, but I'm looking for a temp fix so my gear isn't too bad while I'm fighting NM to get AF3 seals, etc. What are some pieces to invest in? Thanks.
 Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow
By Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow 2011-01-05 19:40:13  

here's an old itemset of mine that served me well at 75 cap. Something to start with I suppose.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-01-05 20:03:25  
Is that err

idk how to say this nicely >_<

Is that a serious post? :x

To list all potential RDM gearsets would take foreverrr.
[+]
 Asura.Hoshiku
サーバ: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2011-01-05 21:00:35  
Not really sure it's worth it, here's a list of AH buyable gear that you could use: http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/194354
There are much better pieces you could get from salvage/einherjar/nyzul/sea/etc. Some of them are still worth using at 90. Good luck getting gear in abyssea.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jonah
By Quetzalcoatl.Jonah 2011-01-05 21:48:32  
I'm not looking for every potential gearset. What I'm asking for is some of the best AH pieces that you can build your gearsets around. I realize you can't list every possible item. However, looking at most players, you quickly realize that the best pieces are ex, so listing some of your favorite RDM AH pieces, shouldn't be terribly difficult. For example, I'll ask a question, are the hq staves even worth buying any more with the advent of Magian Trial staves? Also, what about the new witch ammo slot piece? Just looking to brainstorm.
 Luz
By Luz 2011-01-05 21:50:04  
HQ are so cheap there's no reason not to get until you get ToTM staves. Terra's, Aquilo's and Pluto's arguably being the most important.
 Cerberus.Starr
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-01-05 22:12:55  
Vermillion Cloak for when not casting is important I guess.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-01-06 14:41:49  
Nuking:

HQ Staff Bugard's Leather X Witchstone
Hecate's Crown Lemegeton Medallion +1 / Uggalepih Pendant Aquilo's Pearl / Morion Earring +1 Aquilo's Pearl / Morion Earring +1
Teal Saio Mahatma Cuffs Aquilo's Ring Aquilo's Ring
Potentia Cape Witch Sash Teal Slops Wise Pigaches +1

Enfeebling(INT):

HQ Staff Bugard's Leather X Brio Dart / Phantom Tathlum
Nebula Hat +1 / Wise Cap +1 Artemis' Medal / Enfeebling Torque Aquilo's Pearl / Morion Earring +1 Enfeebling Earring
Nebula Houppelande +1 / Teal Saio Teal Cuffs Aquilo's Ring Aquilo's Ring
Potentia Cape Witch Sash Nebula Slops +1 / Teal Slops Wise Pigaches +1

Enfeebling(MND):

HQ Staff Verse Strap +1 X Brio Dart
Teal Chapeau Promise Badge / Noetic Torque Celestial Earring Celestial Earring
Mahatma Houppelande Devotee's Mitts Aquasoul Ring Aquasoul Ring
Eloquence Cape +1 Witch Sash Mahatma Slops Teal Pigaches

Could end up not being the best, but whatevs. No R/Ex gear in the event you're leveling RDM from 0-90 and really don't want to do any AF quests at all.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jonah
By Quetzalcoatl.Jonah 2011-01-06 15:42:09  
Mahayaya,

Thank you. This is exactly the kind of starting point that I need to put together some gearsets while I work on AF3, etc.
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-01-06 16:36:23  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Is that err idk how to say this nicely >_< Is that a serious post? :x To list all potential RDM gearsets would take foreverrr.
Lol Raen you should probably stay out of this thread..the list of "potential" gear sets Raen could create for any given Rdm would be huge (larger for the cat variety)

You'd want a Idle, Nuking, PDT, MDT, Mnd Enfeebs, Int Feebs, Maybe maybe a max skill set for the off chance you can't land something in your Mnd+ set, and if you really want maybe a HMP set, I would not worry about MaxMP set(even tho this is prolly the most common..)

You can get peices for all of these off the AH..I am not going to list all the pieces it would require..

Edit: If you have questions on individual sets im sure ppl could help answer those questions. Be more specific.