Full Perle Or 3xHomam + Bale+1 Head?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Full Perle or 3xHomam + Bale+1 head?
Full Perle or 3xHomam + Bale+1 head?
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-01-11 18:46:35  
Question is the title. Which would you use?
 Quetzalcoatl.Natlow
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Natlow
By Quetzalcoatl.Natlow 2011-01-11 18:48:39  
3xHomam and Bale Burgeonet+1, so that you don't look like the people who still don't have a swift belt and can't gear their jobs for ***.
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-01-11 18:48:48  
Bale+1 Head, Bale+1 Hands, Homam Legs/Ace's Hose, Homam Feet/Dusk+1/Ace's Sabatons.

As for body, probably Bale +1 Body when you can get your hands on it. In the meantime, I would stick to Perle.

With Bale Head +1 + 3x Homam it would be essentially the same as Turban+Homamx3 in terms of how it still doesn't win a match against Full perle. So get the Bale Hands +1 for the extra haste and ACC/ATT.

edit: I guess Aurum Cuirass still has its uses, apparently. Didn't think people still did ZNMs after Abyssea...
 Asura.Andradi
サーバ: Asura
user: Andradi
By Asura.Andradi 2011-01-11 18:57:43  
Depends on the body. If you're using Askar or Aurum to make up a hit in your build, then the mix and match set is superior. If not, full perle probably beats it out.
 Lakshmi.Galith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2011-01-11 20:33:05  
Quetzalcoatl.Natlow said:
3xHomam and Bale Burgeonet+1, so that you don't look like the people who still don't have a swift belt and can't gear their jobs for ***.

Pretty much this.
[+]
 Cerberus.Zandra
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2011-01-11 22:23:39  
Asura.Andradi said:
Depends on the body. If you're using Askar or Aurum to make up a hit in your build, then the mix and match set is superior. If not, full perle probably beats it out.

There are plenty more bodies that make the set viable than askar or aurum. Grims have dropped in price considerably andare WELL worth it for TP AND WS, I imagine twilight and any of haste bodies too.

Perle Sucks
 Asura.Andradi
By Asura.Andradi 2011-01-11 23:07:30  
Neither of those are actually good for TP, though.

Haste body is a different matter and completely destroys the use of the set bonus.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-01-12 00:02:26  
This is what I use inside abyssea

got haste+3 Acc+7 on the legs
working towards bale hands&body +1 and ace's hose
to look like this

eventually like this I hope sometime soon

or I replace bale body and grip with askar body and rose strap to go from 6hit to a 5hit lol.

got to start planning on how to gera back up once abyssea dies when SE adds outside content again :D
 Cerberus.Zandra
By Cerberus.Zandra 2011-01-12 00:04:33  
Asura.Andradi said:

Haste body is a different matter and completely destroys the use of the set bonus.

Grim and Twilight are just fine for TPing.
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-01-12 00:27:50  
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Asura.Andradi said:

If you can cap haste without it maybe
 Cerberus.Zandra
By Cerberus.Zandra 2011-01-12 00:45:53  
Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Asura.Andradi said:

Hurr Durr, are you HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE?

I JUST SAID that in the previous post.

Come'on its like 3 above you on the same page
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-01-12 02:56:58  
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Asura.Andradi said:

Hurr Durr, are you HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE?

I JUST SAID that in the previous post.

Come'on its like 3 above you on the same page
4, and I'll give you that, but I'm not HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Definitely no need to lash out at me, either. Just trying to understand what gear setup caps haste without +2%/+3% haste bodies and/or Cataclysm Aftermath. Here's one of the only things I could come up with, but it requires /DRG to utilize it...You'll barely be able to scrape a 6-Hit with this too:

If you have a better setup for Twilight/Grim/Aurum availabilty @ cap haste, let me know...because I'm honestly not sure if it's viable enough compared to /SAM builds.
[+]
 Asura.Andradi
By Asura.Andradi 2011-01-12 04:03:05  
TPing in AF3 legs? Subbing dragoon?

What the ***.

Put Askar Body, Aethling mantle, Goading belt, Ace's Hose in that set (Don't need white tathlum either but it's not like there's anything good in the slot), change to a real sub and bam, 25% haste 5-hit. If you want to quibble about the last point of haste, swap AF3 hat for Zelus Tiara.
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-01-12 10:51:02  
Asura.Andradi said:
TPing in AF3 legs? Subbing dragoon?

What the ***.

Put Askar Body, Aethling mantle, Goading belt, Ace's Hose in that set (Don't need white tathlum either but it's not like there's anything good in the slot), change to a real sub and bam, 25% haste 5-hit. If you want to quibble about the last point of haste, swap AF3 hat for Zelus Tiara.

First off, I'm not advocating the build I put up (I even mentioned there's better out there especially with /SAM).

Second, /SAM technically you'd still need Tactical Mantle to 5-hit if using a Twilight Scythe. Atilla's Earring if 528 Delay Scythe.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2011-01-12 11:24:25  
No one likes Hoard Ring?

This is what I currently use:
Bale Head +2

Bale Body +2 (The +1 is easy to get if you do Brigett's repeatable quest carrying all possible combinations on you for the same job) or Askar Body. Another body option is the Timarli haste piece that drops off Iratham.

Bale Hands +1 (Missing 4 coins, been a *** to get)
Homam Legs - (I'd replace with Ace's)
Ace's Sabatons

Accessories:
Tactical Mantle or Aethling Mantle - Haven't gotten my hands on those yet
Rings: Hoard and Rajas Ring (Blitz isn't needed once you cap haste)
Earrings: Brutal Earring/ Abyssal Earring
Goading Belt
Ammo: Bomb Core or Fire Bomblet or White Taltham
Grip: Pole or Uther's or Rose Strap. I personally use Uthers now.

So the question is either go for Haste, Store TP, or Double Attack builds.
For Twilight, I'd probably go for Haste/Double Attack build in order to try to proc Death rate (maybe). Then again, I don't use twilight.

P.S. I don't know how to add those neat art box equipments. Looks cool though.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-01-12 11:26:12  
Bismarck.Hsieh said:
No one likes Hoard Ring? This is what I currently use: Bale Head +2 Bale Body +2 (The +1 is easy to get if you do Brigett's repeatable quest carrying all possible combinations on you for the same job) or Askar Body. Another body option is the Timarli haste piece that drops off Iratham. Bale Hands +1 (Missing 4 coins, been a *** to get) Homam Legs - (I'd replace with Ace's) Ace's Sabatons Accessories: Tactical Mantle or Aethling Mantle - Haven't gotten my hands on those yet Rings: Hoard and Rajas Ring (Blitz isn't needed once you cap haste) Earrings: Brutal Earring/ Abyssal Earring Goading Belt Ammo: Bomb Core or Fire Bomblet or White Taltham Grip: Pole or Uther's or Rose Strap. I personally use Uthers now. So the question is either go for Haste, Store TP, or Double Attack builds. For Twilight, I'd probably go for Haste/Double Attack build in order to try to proc Death rate (maybe). Then again, I don't use twilight. P.S. I don't know how to add those neat art box equipments. Looks cool though.
how good is uther's grip?
 Bismarck.Hsieh
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2011-01-12 11:45:11  
I like it especially when I need to Fell Cleave multiple mobs for chests.

Comparing Uthers to Pole. Idk. Have to run several tests. For atmas I typically use RR VV Griffon Claw. Probably the highest +scythe skill build you can get. Then again skill in abyssea doesn't matter too much unless when you break a certain tier the damage/acc formula changes.

Haven't messed around with test because any other job outparses me with MAB atmas and a magic weaponskill.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-12 11:54:46  
Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
how good is uther's grip?
Not worthwhile for general use. Not the worst thing you could wear for FC, although I'm not entirely sure it's good there either. Not that it matters, massive overkill on EP mobs etc.
 Bismarck.Dreakon
user: Dreakon
By Bismarck.Dreakon 2011-01-12 17:14:36  
Perle doesn't suck. The stats are actually much nicer than using homam + turban combo. But it has a stigma attached to it due to all the people that spent months if not years getting homam only to have it shat all over by a set you can get with no effort what so ever. It's not amazing, but it will hold you over just fine until you get some Ace's and AF3 stuff.
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-01-12 17:57:44  
Bismarck.Dreakon said:
Perle doesn't suck. The stats are actually much nicer than using homam + turban combo. But it has a stigma attached to it due to all the people that spent months if not years getting homam only to have it shat all over by a set you can get with no effort what so ever. It's not amazing, but it will hold you over just fine until you get some Ace's and AF3 stuff.

No one said that it sucks. The only reason not to use it above homam+etc. is because it makes you look like all the retards out there who have no idea how to play their jobs. This thread was originally posted for those people who don't want to conform to that stigma.
 Luz
By Luz 2011-01-12 18:06:51  
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Bismarck.Dreakon said:

No one said that it sucks. The only reason not to use it above homam+etc. is because it makes you look like all the retards out there who have no idea how to play their jobs. This thread was originally posted for those people who don't want to conform to that stigma.

Cerberus.Zandra said:
Asura.Andradi said:

There are plenty more bodies that make the set viable than askar or aurum. Grims have dropped in price considerably andare WELL worth it for TP AND WS, I imagine twilight and any of haste bodies too.

Perle Sucks
[+]
 Asura.Andradi
By Asura.Andradi 2011-01-12 23:09:29  
First off, I'm not advocating the build I put up (I even mentioned there's better out there especially with /SAM).

Second, /SAM technically you'd still need Tactical Mantle to 5-hit if using a Twilight Scythe. Atilla's Earring if 528 Delay Scythe.

Alright, it just seemed a bit bizarre.

I was taking into account extra TP from guillotine and 2 tics from VV, I didn't check it properly but I'm fairly certain that's more than enough to 5-hit.

With regards to the 'stigma' attached to full perle, who cares? You're using DRK anyway and it's not like XP alliances actually check DD. If people think you're gimp for using the best combination available to you, *** 'em.
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-01-13 05:08:49  
People still xp in alliances?

Fell Cleave Sup? 100+k an hour, and it only takes 3 people to do.

Even if your not fell cleaving god forbid you bring an entire Alliance, unless the other 15 people are all leeching lol. The Majority of XP I ever get is just from eventing or doing stuff with friends, I dont see a need to ever make an xp Alliance.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-01-13 10:47:15  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
People still xp in alliances? Fell Cleave Sup? 100+k an hour, and it only takes 3 people to do. Even if your not fell cleaving god forbid you bring an entire Alliance, unless the other 15 people are all leeching lol. The Majority of XP I ever get is just from eventing or doing stuff with friends, I dont see a need to ever make an xp Alliance.
to farm cruor for more brew
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-01-13 15:57:59  
Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
People still xp in alliances? Fell Cleave Sup? 100+k an hour, and it only takes 3 people to do. Even if your not fell cleaving god forbid you bring an entire Alliance, unless the other 15 people are all leeching lol. The Majority of XP I ever get is just from eventing or doing stuff with friends, I dont see a need to ever make an xp Alliance.
to farm cruor for more brew

Setup a fell Cleave, use a mules keys.

Youll get the double the ammount you would in an xp alliance.