日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Guillotine help
Guillotine help
 Fenrir.Gradd
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-01-19 21:55:24  
The answer to Guillotine is Torcleaver, if your using a scythe your doing it wrong!

Ive always hated scythe forced myself to use one because it was obviously stronger at 75, really happy I dont have to use one anymore other than for procs.

Edit:
If you are playing DRK and guillotine is your best WS, you should be playing a different job

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-01-20 00:16:02  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
The answer to Guillotine is Torcleaver, if your using a scythe your doing it wrong! Ive always hated scythe forced myself to use one because it was obviously stronger at 75, really happy I dont have to use one anymore other than for procs. Edit: If you are playing DRK and guillotine is your best WS, you should be playing a different job
guillotine on mobs lowerlevel than you in which you have capped acc on?
greatsword weaponskills: spinning slash/groundstrike/torcleaver on anything you just want to beat the crap out of
working on my caladbolg :D @ 45% completed towards 85 version can't wait!
 Cerberus.Rayik
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-01-20 05:47:40  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
The answer to Guillotine is Torcleaver, if your using a scythe your doing it wrong!

Ive always hated scythe forced myself to use one because it was obviously stronger at 75, really happy I dont have to use one anymore other than for procs.

Edit:
If you are playing DRK and guillotine is your best WS, you should be playing a different job

Meh. Playstyles and preferences. Outside of Abyssea I prefer scythe. I haven't done too much in Abyssea outside of xp parties, a few nm's with friends, and a couple zone bosses. I only get to play at odd times, so the high-end empyrean weapons are a bit out of reach.

I'm not doubting your skills or the numerical advantages of Torcleaver over scythe ws's, it's just the "urdoinitwrong" card has been beat to death, and quite frankly, DRK is a job we can all play however we prefer, because we all know nobody outside of other DRK's give 2 shits about how good GS is over Scythe. If DRK was a more readily accepted endgame job, then the debate for the best possible weapon might matter. But even with Torcleaver and a Caladbolg, you're not impressing anyone other than other DRK's.

That being said, my ws sets need a LOT of work, I'm glad the OP made this thread.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-01-20 06:04:09  
I have been playing Dark Knight a very long time since PS2 release, it has always been my favorite job even with the other DD I have. If you actually care about the job Torcleaver is worth pursuing, if not then hey half *** the job.

Nobody is saying Build a Caladbolg, do the Walk of Echoes trials its not hard in the very least, altho making a caladbolg is a joke itself compared to other empyreans.

Outside of having Torcleaver DRK is still a pretty laughable job outside of abyssea, Torcleaver will put you ahead of the majority of other non empyrean DD. My average Torcleaver on my parser tonight in Dynamis was 2.3k~ 4k was my High. Its vastly superior to guillotine in every way.
 Cerberus.Rayik
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-01-20 06:09:30  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
I have been playing Dark Knight a very long time since PS2 release, it has always been my favorite job even with the other DD I have. If you actually care about the job Torcleaver is worth pursuing, if not then hey half *** the job.

Nobody is saying Build a Caladbolg, do the Walk of Echoes trials its not hard in the very least, altho making a caladbolg is a joke itself compared to other empyreans.

Outside of having Torcleaver DRK is still a pretty laughable job outside of abyssea, Torcleaver will put you ahead of the majority of other non empyrean DD. My average Torcleaver on my parser tonight in Dynamis was 2.3k~ 4k was my High. Its vastly superior to guillotine in every way.

I haven't done walk of echoes yet, and I'll admit to being fairly ignorant on empyrean weps in general. Is it possible to get Torcleaver without finishing Caladbolg 100%? If it's really that much of an improvement, I'd like to try and at least get access to the ws. I personally like scythes, but if that's doing double the damage of what I'm using now, I'm interested in trying to get it.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-01-20 06:20:30  
You do the fake empyrean path Via Walk of Echoes, for Espafut +1 which gives you access to Torcleaver.
By afterdark 2011-01-20 06:41:36  
I'll stick with my Apoc @ 99 im sure they will be fixed if the hidden ws boost on the 90 version is anything to go by.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-01-20 06:51:04  
afterdark said:
I'll stick with my Apoc @ 99 im sure they will be fixed if the hidden ws boost on the 90 version is anything to go by.

WS boost is not going to save apoc in the least, they need to change the aftermath if anything make it JA haste instead of Gear haste, Apoc has really turned into a garbage relic the thing that used to make it shine was the huge haste advantage it had over other jobs (even then a good war could destroy an Apoc Drk). Also the Empyrean AM completely destroys Relic AM, SE would also have to bump the Occ Deals double damage rate for relics in order for them to even compete.

My alt has an apoc, I dont even enjoy using it anymore its turned into such a garbage weapon its really sad to say but true :/
By afterdark 2011-01-20 06:55:47  
Oh i hate useing mine aswell right now, don't get me wrong. I'm just hopeing they sort it at 99, odd boost would be most welcome :D or a overhall of the aftermath as you suggested.

If they don't fix it at 99 then i think i'll do the great sword aswell.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-01-20 08:47:43  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
You do the fake empyrean path Via Walk of Echoes, for Espafut +1 which gives you access to Torcleaver.

I actually prefer the WoE version atm. For somone like myself who is not a career DRK it is easier to keep haste up and, without the less sacrificial gear some have, still keep up my store tp. Granted the loss of the "Occ double damage" sucks but at least I can make more use of the delay.