フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Restraint and Ravager mufflers +2
Restraint and Ravager mufflers +2
 Titan.Gaiarorshack
サーバ: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: MiavPigen
By Titan.Gaiarorshack 2011-03-17 04:14:25  
did i miss something ?

didn't restrain used to make you not able to crit ?
did they removed it in a update or was it never true?

I've been avoiding using restraint since i was convinced it canceled out crit hits >.< and didn't even check myself
By Ashaaman 2011-03-17 04:15:00  
They changed that a few updates ago.
 Lakshmi.Odude
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: tdh004
By Lakshmi.Odude 2011-03-19 14:38:04  
Titan.Gaiarorshack said:
did i miss something ?

didn't restrain used to make you not able to crit ?
did they removed it in a update or was it never true?

I've been avoiding using restraint since i was convinced it canceled out crit hits >.< and didn't even check myself

It was changed, I believe, in the Lv.85 version update. Lots of people who failed at reading were complaining that it made their Raging Rushes worse. So I suspect in an effort to appease the idiots, they removed the crit cancellation and made it a straight damage modifier.

When they changed the Ability, I kind of expected them to then change the name in the next update. But the name does still make some degree of sense as you could show some restraint by holding TP until fully charged and then blowing your TP.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-03-20 09:17:26  
Restraint went from being one of the worst abilities ever released to the one of the best in the sense it is a straight damage increase with no penalty. The old restraint was completely and utterly useless overall for dealing damage on War, which is you know, what war is supposed to do.
 Cerberus.Masamunai
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Masamunai
By Cerberus.Masamunai 2011-04-11 10:31:32  
Excellent test there ! Well thought methodology and well chosen WS. Good Job !

If i divide all the restraint bonus % for each delay, by the corresponding delay, i get a constant 0.04% per point of delay (same for Restraint+2: 0.08%, doubled indeed).
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2011-04-12 10:43:08  
To answer someone above, if you download FFXI Calculator, you can plug in your haste and storeTP and see what is the best.

btw, for those that don't know, you can get a 5hit build if you use Deep Devourer and Dunes then whatever you want for #3. I actually have a 5 hit setup with those atmas and sub anything. If I use them with /SAM, I can drop almost all of my store tp gear and replace it with other gear. I'm at 26% haste with Dusk gloves using Goading belt.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [228 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-11-26 16:12:26  
Leviathan.Antonioklaus said: »
To answer someone above, if you download FFXI Calculator, you can plug in your haste and storeTP and see what is the best.

btw, for those that don't know, you can get a 5hit build if you use Deep Devourer and Dunes then whatever you want for #3. I actually have a 5 hit setup with those atmas and sub anything. If I use them with /SAM, I can drop almost all of my store tp gear and replace it with other gear. I'm at 26% haste with Dusk gloves using Goading belt.

......what? Apoc/RR ALWAYS at the very least...
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-11-26 16:13:16  
Wow, thats weird, I had no idea, this was necro'd...by myself..it was on the main page, and I didn't notice the dates... It was the top thread though... weird.
By mortontony1 2011-11-26 16:14:11  
Someone may have deleted their post or something because I saw it up there too.