Game: FFXI
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-16 04:03:38  
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
when you need erase or -na but stratagems are down

Why are they down? If you know the mob is going to be doing that then you start the fight off with addendum up and lean towards it. If you feel you are going to be switching between the two for some reason then you just do not use stratagems outside of addendum. What is this some fight you need to aoe buffs or crowd control spells in or quickly cast/save MP on a spell preventing you from reserving stratagems for addendum? I am sorry salesman, but I just am not buying it?
blow stratagem on aoe enspell, nuke in light arts.

Bring WHM, throw para and slow in light arts, and then stay in dark arts until you need to switch for something like AoE phalanx.
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Nyzle isle. But 99% of the time AOEing a buff or cure or even using penury was more than enough to make me not want to switch if I had to put addendum white back up.

I have done RDM/SCH in Nzyul and yes I will admit there were times I was waiting on timers (*** soulflayers), but it was nothing crippling. IMO /sch serves as the best sub for RDM because there is no other way we can attempt to cover moderate-high AoE damage to the party than with AoE cure IV. That alone makes it worth having with you.

It is just about being smart with your sub and some people want to do what seems to be a little too much.
wait so you're saying that my argument isn't valid because i should ask someone else to come as whm?
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-16 04:04:53  
Actually I meant salvage but same difference. And I agree on the AOEing thing... hence why I save my strats for it. Now if I'm in situation that doesn't require me to use any status removal fine but I often find myself needing to and yeah sucks to have 20 people asking for it when I still have 2 min left till strat
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-16 04:11:39  
basically you're looking at doing an aoe buff vs. nuking faster for less mp. if mp doesn't matter in abyssea, you're looking at aoe buff vs nuking faster. just doesn't seem worth it imo.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-16 04:24:32  
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
wait so you're saying that my argument isn't valid because i should ask someone else to come as whm?

Well if the task is construed to be so demanding that you are nuking in light arts then sure :P

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Now if I'm in situation that doesn't require me to use any status removal fine but I often find myself needing to and yeah sucks to have 20 people asking for it when I still have 2 min left till strat

That is where you and I differ. I am rarely with more than six people. ***, I am generally with four. If I know the task is going to be demanding then I get Lacee off his BLM and on to his WHM.

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
basically you're looking at doing an aoe buff vs. nuking faster for less mp. if mp doesn't matter in abyssea, you're looking at aoe buff vs nuking faster. just doesn't seem worth it imo.

I don't know, I always figured bumping elemental skill up was nice. I am also curious if we will get klimaform at 92, but I doubt it.
i nuke in light arts because enspells, phalanx and aquaveil are all cool, and nuking speeds up the fight as well as possibly procs grellow. elemental skill only helps if you're getting resisted, which isn't usually a problem for me.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-16 04:24:38  
Well if I'm needed on rdm over something else (like idk thf blu blm even lol rng) and I'm not kiting chances are I'm the only real option for mainhealing. Or the only competent choice. So if if nas are needed it's probably me. We used to keep a whm kinda as a joke for salvage but she was mostly only good for haste
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-16 04:25:27  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Well if I'm needed on rdm over something else (like idk thf blu blm even lol rng) and I'm not kiting chances are I'm the only real option for mainhealing. Or the only competent choice. So if if nas are needed it's probably me. We used to keep a whm kinda as a joke for salvage but she was mostly only good for haste
for this server a whm who can haste is AWESOME

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-16 04:29:26  
i didn't say dark arts was never viable, i said that switching arts is not always viable.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-16 04:31:21  
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Not when that's all they do.

We had a screenshot of us in salvage once where I got off like 4 cure IVs and IIIs several buffs a couple of hastes 2-3 debuffs stoneskinga and something else in the time it took her to get 2 cure III's off which ended up with one of the DD/tanks dieing (funny part is the brd got off as much curing while casting buffs).

Also outside of abyssea the boost to dark skill was rather nice. Was really nice in salvage before I got much in the way of gear and such to aspir some mobs

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-16 04:33:23  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Not when that's all they do.

We had a screenshot of us in salvage once where I got off like 4 cure IVs and IIIs several buffs a couple of hastes 2-3 debuffs stoneskinga and something else in the time it took her to get 2 cure III's off which ended up with one of the DD/tanks dieing (funny part is the brd got off as much curing while casting buffs)
almost every whm i've seen on this server is absolute ***at just curing, and they don't haste either.

don't ask me how, i don't know how they're that bad either.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-16 04:35:36  
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
i didn't say dark arts was never viable, i said that switching arts is not always viable.

*Closes the lid to the chest*
?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-16 04:35:57  
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Not when that's all they do. We had a screenshot of us in salvage once where I got off like 4 cure IVs and IIIs several buffs a couple of hastes 2-3 debuffs stoneskinga and something else in the time it took her to get 2 cure III's off which ended up with one of the DD/tanks dieing (funny part is the brd got off as much curing while casting buffs)
almost every whm i've seen on this server is absolute ***at just curing, and they don't haste either.

The best part is she refused to lvl up whm past 75 (or at least get it a buffer so stop delvling to 74) when we were all 85 till she solo'd her pld to 85... and kinda lol gear that was mostly full timed. Pretty sure afk most the time (and considering I was usually chatting and on here during the runs me noticing her gone says somehting)

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-16 04:37:23  
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
*Closes the lid to the chest*
?
*Locks the chest*
Lol.

reminds me of..

Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-16 04:37:44  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Not when that's all they do. We had a screenshot of us in salvage once where I got off like 4 cure IVs and IIIs several buffs a couple of hastes 2-3 debuffs stoneskinga and something else in the time it took her to get 2 cure III's off which ended up with one of the DD/tanks dieing (funny part is the brd got off as much curing while casting buffs)

The best part is she refused to lvl up whm past 75 (or at least get it a buffer so stop delvling to 74) when we were all 85 till she solo'd her pld to 85... and kinda lol gear that was mostly full timed. Pretty sure afk most the time (and considering I was usually chatting and on here during the runs me noticing her gone says somehting)
if she sucked that much you should have just kicked her from the group, letting people leech salvage ***at that time would be pretty gay
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-16 04:39:47  
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
if she sucked that much you should have just kicked her from the group, letting people leech salvage ***at that time would be pretty gay
Like I said we mostly kept her along as a joke. Plus me not having to haste people was kinda nice and the occasional unreliable curing pro/shellra did help my mp on the first floor or 2. Also don't think anyone else wanted ares and it rained ares so would've rotted... er rotted more without her
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-16 04:40:49  
i'd rather take ares over a leech, unless you mean you guys all had it already
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-16 04:49:05  
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
i'd rather take ares over a leech, unless you mean you guys all had it already
Lol let's just doing one of the bosses (LBC I think) took 34 runs to get 1 morri body. But we averaged about 1.5 ares peices a run on it... similar droprates my ***
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-16 04:52:13  
the 25? i had the 25, then on my group's second run 35 dropped and i lost lot. 1/1 on 25 for the other person, then 2 arras later a second 35 dropped. :D

in general, the 35s i saw most of were skadi mask and usu head i think. skadi head by a huge margin.