フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Drk Zerging, Post Abyssea
Drk Zerging, Post Abyssea
First Page 2
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-02-06 20:32:10  
So with looking at all the higher level base damage weapons/empyrean weapons with their stupidily high damage weaponskills along with all the original zerg weapons (k.club/m.kris/ridill/magian weapon) etc
What is the most optimal zerg build?
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-02-06 20:56:47  
I'm think this is still the top zerg build you could get out here:

Zerging on DRK you should always prioritize HP, Hits per round, Haste and weapon base damage.

With ToMs you can now obtain higher base OaT Scythes than Bahamut's Zhagal, but there are no valid replacements for KClub/OClub (Highest attacks per round) M Kris (Lowest Delay) or even Ridill.

Of course now you can cap Haste much more easily than we could at 75 so that portion could have become outdated, but HP and Attack rounds still rule I believe.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-02-06 21:00:16  
Odin.Sheelay said:
I'm think this is still the top zerg build you could get out here: Zerging on DRK you should always prioritize HP, Hits per round, Haste and weapon base damage. With ToMs you can now obtain higher base OaT Scythes than Bahamut's Zhagal, but there are no valid replacements for KClub/OClub (Highest attacks per round) M Kris (Lowest Delay) or even Ridill. Of course now you can cap Haste much more easily than we could at 75 so that portion could have become outdated, but HP and Attack rounds still rule I believe.
yeh i'm pretty sure k/o.club still beats everything for zerging but how does the higher based dmg weapons compare to ridill/m.kris?
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-02-06 21:20:18  
The OaT Scythe maleficence +2 comes in the DMG 98 OaT 2 and DMG 56 OaT 2-4 versions, both of which come with a nasty 528 Delay.

The Delay is really bad for zerging if you compare it to MKris' 192 and Ridill's 236 Delays, not to mention the fact that both weapons are OaT 2-3. Even with Sword strap and Desperate blows merits you'd still find yourself hitting much slower than with a MKris or Ridill.

I can't tell for sure but I don't think an OaT Scythe would beat either a MKris or a Ridill just out of pure base damage.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-02-07 01:34:31  
Odin.Sheelay said:
The OaT Scythe maleficence +2 comes in the DMG 98 OaT 2 and DMG 56 OaT 2-4 versions, both of which come with a nasty 528 Delay. The Delay is really bad for zerging if you compare it to MKris' 192 and Ridill's 236 Delays, not to mention the fact that both weapons are OaT 2-3. Even with Sword strap and Desperate blows merits you'd still find yourself hitting much slower than with a MKris or Ridill. I can't tell for sure but I don't think an OaT Scythe would beat either a MKris or a Ridill just out of pure base damage.
how much base damage would there have to be to beat mkris/ridill with a delay between 430~528?
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-02-07 03:55:21  
DRK head, and hands +2 together offer 2% more haste. Perhaps opening up another slot for HP options if you work your haste right.
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
user: eLySiuM
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2011-02-07 04:16:38  
Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
yeh i'm pretty sure k/o.club still beats everything for zerging but how does the higher based dmg weapons compare to ridill/m.kris?

if you dont got kc/oc, its not even worth bringing a drk to a zerg, even then its pretty damn close to a good vere mnk/ukon war
 Fenrir.Gradd
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-02-07 05:51:17  
Is a zerg weapon even worth using anymore? I recently did a Dynamis lord Zerg was hitting him for 3k Torcleavers properly buffed, even scored a few 1k crits with my AM. x:
[+]
 Cerberus.Punky
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Cerbpunky
By Cerberus.Punky 2011-02-07 06:42:58  
Drk hands +2
Zelus Tiara
Intruder earring

could get u 4% haste to compensate for no wyvern earring. Then you can mnk or war sub for more HP
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2011-02-07 07:13:29  
You can get a maigan scythe with 2-4 hits, im thinking if the next update comes and they upgrade it 2-5hits, it might be a good zerg and non zerg weapon for drk. Ive been working on this scythe, im on peistes atm, and there *** hard
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-02-07 08:05:11  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Is a zerg weapon even worth using anymore? I recently did a Dynamis lord Zerg was hitting him for 3k Torcleavers properly buffed, even scored a few 1k crits with my AM. x:

I don't think so personally.

Oa(something >2) are pretty poor weapons.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-02-07 08:17:09  
Fenrir.Gradd said:

Someone sounds happy :P

Zerg is 1 step closer to being dead and buried.
Truth is, unless new mobs that don't build up resistance to Souleater are introduced, the oldschool DRK won't be too useful even in the niche it had carved for itself.
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2011-02-07 09:06:31  
Fenrir.Gradd said:

We did DL last Wednesday without a zerg setup. Tried lowmanning it for fun without BRDs or a KC Dark and had no issues. Killed it just as Ying/Yang were on the way.
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-02-07 11:21:36  
War burn > drk zerg and no 2 hours are needed
 Jar
By Jar 2011-02-07 11:34:05  
Btw some mobs outright resist blood weapon now, and they build resist to souleater in 1-2 hits /shootsownface
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-07 11:37:29  
rng zergs!
 Jar
By Jar 2011-02-07 11:39:31  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
rng zergs!
lold
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-07 11:43:16  
Jar said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
rng zergs!
lold
psh whatever rngs have historically been very strong zergers. I've topped parses several times with meh gear and little to no outside buffs
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-02-07 11:46:05  
I couldn't imagine why Rng's couldn't zerg well..i'd imagine they could put up some scary damage.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-07 11:49:01  
Carbuncle.Lynxblade said:
You can get a maigan scythe with 2-4 hits, im thinking if the next update comes and they upgrade it 2-5hits, it might be a good zerg and non zerg weapon for drk. Ive been working on this scythe, im on peistes atm, and there *** hard
No and hell no.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-02-07 12:24:52  
well i was thinking if there was a way using the bale set bonus along with caladbolg and exploiting the double damage aftermath in a zerg situation and seeing how that compared to k.club/ridill zerg drk
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-02-07 12:28:28  
I was under the impression that drk zerg was basically dead. I can't think of a mob in the game where Sam, War, lolRng zerg wouldn't be better than Drk zerg.

I drk zerged the other day and it's fun sure but requires 2 hour and I still didn't top the parse.

Gogogo War.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-02-07 14:31:21  
Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
well i was thinking if there was a way using the bale set bonus along with caladbolg and exploiting the double damage aftermath in a zerg situation and seeing how that compared to k.club/ridill zerg drk

Zerg and Caladbolg don't go well together because you need to actually use the weapon to benefit from its sick AfterMath. They're just two different playstyles.

Unlike zerg damage, which is heavily dependant on your build, Bale set bonus isn't something you have much control on, so I wouldn't consider it a tremendous improvement, not to mention you'd be giving up a lot of Haste and other stats to even raise your chances at triggering it by wearing the full set.

As for the ToM Scythe, I honestly doubt it will ever become a valid Zerg option simply because it has the most horrible delay you could get out there.

If you want to stick to the old zerg playstyle then I suggest getting your hands on a KC/OC or MK-Ridill. Even then, the optimal gear setup will be made of old content gear for the most part (Homam for the HP/Haste), with a few improvements.

It's probably easier to just get a Caladbolg and wack stuff hard in the face though :D
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-02-07 15:58:13  
Odin.Sheelay said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:

Someone sounds happy :P

Zerg is 1 step closer to being dead and buried.
Truth is, unless new mobs that don't build up resistance to Souleater are introduced, the oldschool DRK won't be too useful even in the niche it had carved for itself.

Very x=

Did you start a cool weapon yet friend? o:
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-02-07 21:37:23  
Hah XD !!!

As a matter of fact I did start my Ukon but, truth be told, by the time I did I had to leave Italy again for work XD

I will get to it though, sooner or later ;)
 Gilgamesh.Xenhas
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Xenhas
By Gilgamesh.Xenhas 2011-02-07 21:56:10  
Calad souleater zerg absolutely tears through *** :/
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-02-07 23:37:20  
Odin.Sheelay said:
Hah XD !!!

As a matter of fact I did start my Ukon but, truth be told, by the time I did I had to leave Italy again for work XD

Good to hear! I hope it goes smoothly for you Glavoid portion can be a realy pain in the *** D: Weapon is well worth the effort Ukkon is complete rape x=
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-02-08 00:15:34  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Hah XD !!!

Good to hear! I hope it goes smoothly for you Glavoid portion can be a realy pain in the *** D: Weapon is well worth the effort Ukkon is complete rape x=

yeah man I'm about to start mine when time permits.. Its gonna be pure suck. Do you think WAR, BRD and WHM can trio? (my friend Dual Boxes)

I honestly don't feel like doing it on MNK lol :X
 Alexander.Tedril
サーバ: Alexander
user: Tedril
By Alexander.Tedril 2011-02-24 07:38:15  

This is one I put together for zerg+brew... I figured it could put some hurt on, also I have heard drk/nin with ridil and merc kris's numbers were higher now with dual weild bonuses?
 Asura.Arkanethered
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Arkanethered 2011-02-24 07:42:34  
If you are wanting to brew something you should be stacking mab and using an elemental /ws..... Souleater Zergs are pretty much dead and there are better gearsets than what you have put together for it if they were still used.
[+]
First Page 2